+ Reply to Thread
Page 290 of 297 FirstFirst ... 190 240 280 288 289 290 291 292 ... LastLast
Results 5,781 to 5,800 of 5939

Thread: DC Movies Thread - In satin tights, Fighting for your rights

Default Re: DC Movies Thread - In satin tights, Fighting for your rights

So they are apparently making a Jared Leto joker movie...

WHYYYYYYYYYYY?

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajinArekkusu View Post

WHYYYYYYYYYYY?
    uuh, good way to make him delete all his instagram pictures if thats what they want

Quote Originally Posted by MajinArekkusu View Post

WHYYYYYYYYYYY?
    Because he's under contract and DC refuses to back out of the horrible universe they've created that no one wants. They want that Marvel billion plus dollars a film sweetness so they figure just keep going and eventually they'll have an established enough universe that... something.

Even though no one wants to see Aquaman, and WW is the only half decent thing they've had.Just.... scrap everything else but keep on with her.

At least until the ball gets dropped with the 2nd or potential 3rd Wonder Woman movie then shit gets real.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

And they just can't figure out what made WW good. AKA: don't make your superhero movies dark as shit unless it's Batman.

Typical WB DC movie move:

"What was the absolute worst thing about the trashfire that is Suicide Squad?!

MAKE A MOVIE OUT OF THAT RIGHT NOW!!!"

This is making me headdesk hard.

What I really want from Suicide Squad is for them to fire Leto and try again with the rest of the cast they already have, but with a competent director and consistent vision and tone from the start. No chopping it up later into a Frankenmovie because people liked the tone in the trailer more.

With the notable exception of Jared Leto, the casting was super on point in that movie. Waller was perfect, Boomerang was perfect, Harley wasn't quite what I was used to from prior versions, but Margot Robbie did an awesome job with it, Deadshot was probably the best thing in the whole movie.

I want to see all that applied to a GOOD movie please DC.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

@Demon Rin

Seconded!

And they just can't figure out what made WW good. AKA: don't make your superhero movies dark as shit unless it's Batman.
    The main problem isn't that these movies try to be a bit darker and more serious than the MCU, but that they are badly written and occasionally miscast. Even a bright character like Superman can work well in such a story, as long it is a well-written and exciting story and the filmmakers understand and appreciate the character(s). But if your movie is a dreary and joyless affair like BvS was, with plot holes as big as Krypton and terrible, terrible character motivations, you can get nothing but a trainwreck. It's easy to point at the darkness of the DCEU as its most glaring problem, but it isn't (though it certainly adds to the problems; it's much easier to enjoy a movie that is at least fun to watch and doesn't take itself to serious).

I like how they haven't the slightest idea of what they're doing. This is beautiful to watch. They've entered a state of frenzy after hearing the BvS critics. And now, they're spending their time doing reshoots and announcing tons of new movies.
    How many movies are in pre-production ? 17 (wikipedia) ? lol

So they are doing birds of prey, leto joker, suicide squad 2, another harley standalone or harley and joker couple movie?

They are trying way to hard to make a mini suicide squadverse. Make a ss sequel first that works, and hiring the guy who directed The Accountant is a good step, loved that movie, and then spin off other characters later. WB still seems to have no plan what to do, but just throw things out and see what will be popular.

Oh and put Jokers makeup on tommy wiseau and let him loose, better joker than Leto right there. xD

Wonder Woman was actually pretty dark. But they got the *character* right, and the character is bright regardless of the world.

That's where they completely failed with the other stuff... but Synder is the guy that doesn't realize Watchmen was a criticism, rather than what to strive for. (To be fair, a lot of the comics industry didn't realize that for a long time and somehow decided Rorschach was the awesome one instead of the awful one)

Heck, he didn't even do the watchmen movie right, and he did that shot for shot, word for word, and STILL messed it up.

I still think about how DC missed a great opportunity for an interesting Superman (or Superman vs. Batman) film where they could look into immigration and immigrants due to Supes being an alien.

Discovered Stowaway

Suicide Squad could have been good if they were going up against a villain that, at first glance, it would look like they could handle, only it turns out to be something beyond any of them, and then guess who shows up who has the right stuff? Lobo (my personal pick: Danno Trejo). But he can't handle it alone, so the Squad does the technical stuff while he gets down and dirty. In the end he gets his mark, takes it off-world to collect his bounty, and the Squad, or what's left of them, gets their sentence reductions but have learned some shady things on the part of Waller, so they've got a little more leverage for next time around.

Suicide Squad could have been good if their first mission together wasn't fixing a mess Waller caused in the first place.

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    Suicide Squad could have been good if their first mission together wasn't fixing a mess Waller caused in the first place.
    Not necessarily, it could still suck even then. It just makes Waller suck as a character.

Quote Originally Posted by BattleFranky69 View Post
    Not necessarily, it could still suck even then. It just makes Waller suck as a character.
    It flaws the whole premise to me. More than just making her character look incompetent. In theory the team worked but it was also her team's fault. Which was stupid. It should have been an external threat.

Discovered Stowaway

It flaws the whole premise to me. More than just making her character look incompetent. In theory the team worked but it was also her team's fault. Which was stupid. It should have been an external threat.
    I get that. But that helps show that it's both a good and bad idea simultaneously to have a Task Force X type of thing. You can't just be on board with these lunatics being given the freedom to perform black ops missions, they're not heroes. So of course problems will stem from it no matter what, it's the nature of using that kind of character. So as far as it being Waller's idea, it's not exactly unique to her since anyone could come up with that. Her being stupid enough to think it would work and carrying it out, again, not necessarily unique to her but definitely implicates her. But she's not wrong in that something will inevitably threaten Earth and having no official superpowered response to it is folly. So take it as the price to be paid for being prepared to face something even worse, I guess. It ain't pretty either way but at least someone's trying to do something even if they royally screwed the pooch in the process. Besides, it's fitting that the boss of the team of miscreants is someone far worse than all of them. Social commentary and all that.

Does it seem weird to anyone else that the next two female led super hero movies are set in the 80s?

Does it seem weird to anyone else that the next two female led super hero movies are set in the 80s?
    Two? I know WW is set in the 80's but what's the other one?

FC: 5043 2397 0050 In Game trainer name (WolfWood)

Quote Originally Posted by WolfWood37 View Post
    Two? I know WW is set in the 80's but what's the other one?
    the Captain Marvel movie.

the Captain Marvel movie.
    Wait I thought that was supposed to be the 90's? Maybe I heard wrong.

FC: 5043 2397 0050 In Game trainer name (WolfWood)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information