+ Reply to Thread
Page 276 of 343 FirstFirst ... 176 226 266 274 275 276 277 278 286 326 ... LastLast
Results 5,501 to 5,520 of 6860

Thread: DC Movies Thread - Shazam saves the day

Default Re: DC Movies Thread - In satin tights, Fighting for your rights

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfDarkness View Post
    I mean you like BVS, and last time I checked, that movie was worst than trash........

Still waiting on that mind-blowing argument that was going to address all the legit criticisms.........

Quote Originally Posted by Nilitch View Post
    I can't wait to read all the critics so that I can know if I should like the movie, have mixed feelings or hate it.
    Nobody actually does that, but you keep thinking we do so you can dismiss our opinions and thoughts some more.

Jeez, what is up with the DC Movie apologists who can't just like an unpopular thing without justifying why it's unpopular?

I love Yooka Laylee. Absolutely love it. It's flawed as all hell and I get why a lot of people didn't like it. Don't care, love it. Them hating it doesn't mean I can't.

I also like: Zelda: Skyward Sword, Hook, Ghostbusters 2016, Disney's Hunchback of Notre Dame, and Revenge of the Sith. I even like Kingdom of the Crystal Skull and I actually really Dislike Temple of Doom.
    Yes, on my Indy list, Crystal Skull outranks Temple of Doom, which is dead last.

I also thought Mighty No. 9, Paper Mario Color Splash, and Star Fox Zero (after finally getting used to the awful controls) were at least decent if nothing spectacular. I don't loathe them like the critics and the Internet tells me I'm supposed to.

(see how easy that was?)
    Last edited by Demon Rin; November 16th, 2017 at 10:30 PM.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

It's popular to dislike Disney's The Hunchback of Notre Dame? I know the Gargoyles were too obnoxious to ever exist, but...

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    It's popular to dislike Disney's The Hunchback of Notre Dame? I know the Gargoyles were too obnoxious to ever exist, but...
    Every time I say I like it in the circles I travel I get told I'm weird. Also, Lindsay Ellis recently did a long form Video essay defending the film. Didn't figure she'd do that if it weren't a popular thing to hate.

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Rin View Post
    Every time I say I like it in the circles I travel I get told I'm weird. Also, Lindsay Ellis recently did a long form Video essay defending the film. Didn't figure she'd do that if it weren't a popular thing to hate.
    That's pretty interesting. Everybody I talk to about it either likes it (and loves Frollo) or hasn't seen it.

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    So how is the Flash in the movie? Entertaining? Annoying? Deep? Boring? Inexistent?

The question is for those who already saw the movie not for the opinions of third parties reviewers.
    The Flash is really good, he is the comedic relief, but you kinda understand why he acts like this around big tough people like Batman and WW.

The thing that killed BvS for me was Batman...killing random thugs.

On Suicide Squad, I watched it on my phone and it was okay to pass the time. Mostly, forgettable. As in, I cannot remember what was bad or good. It just happened.
    Hidden:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post
    Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks. Heroine: Kiku
    Hidden:

Quote Originally Posted by K. Kira XXIII View Post
    The thing that killed BvS for me was Batman...killing random thugs.
    Just like Michael Keaton?
    FC: 5043 2397 0050 In Game trainer name (WolfWood)

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Rin View Post

Nobody actually does that, but you keep thinking we do so you can dismiss our opinions and thoughts some more.

Jeez, what is up with the DC Movie apologists who can't just like an unpopular thing without justifying why it's unpopular?

I love Yooka Laylee. Absolutely love it. It's flawed as all hell and I get why a lot of people didn't like it. Don't care, love it. Them hating it doesn't mean I can't.

I also like: Zelda: Skyward Sword, Hook, Ghostbusters 2016, Disney's Hunchback of Notre Dame, and Revenge of the Sith. I even like Kingdom of the Crystal Skull and I actually really Dislike Temple of Doom.
    Yes, on my Indy list, Crystal Skull outranks Temple of Doom, which is dead last.

I also thought Mighty No. 9, Paper Mario Color Splash, and Star Fox Zero (after finally getting used to the awful controls) were at least decent if nothing spectacular. I don't loathe them like the critics and the Internet tells me I'm supposed to.

(see how easy that was?)
    These two things are hated?? We live in a strange world...I just watched Hook recently. It's such a charming, enjoyable film, with a pretty cool story premise and great performances by Robin Williams and especially Dustin Hoffman as Hook. Plus, the score is severely underrated.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfWood37 View Post
    The only thing I have to say, is that I doubt I cared about it at the time I watched it:

Evidence:
    Spoiler:

I haven't watched that movie since then. Watching a quick clip it is apparent that Michael Keaton's scenario was focused on comedy, while BvS...well, that was just savagery.
    Hidden:
    Hidden:

Or anything by Frank Miller.....when he's not making him treat Dick Grayson Aged 12 like shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

The only thing I have to say, is that I doubt I cared about it at the time I watched it:

Evidence:

I haven't watched that movie since then. Watching a quick clip it is apparent that Michael Keaton's scenario was focused on comedy, while BvS...well, that was just savagery.
    Which one was for comedy? When he blew up an entire factory full of joker's minions? Or when he threw the guy down the 30 story stairwell? Or when he killed the Joker?

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    So how is the Flash in the movie? Entertaining? Annoying? Deep? Boring? Inexistent?

The question is for those who already saw the movie not for the opinions of third parties reviewers.
    Saw the movie, and I found him funny and entertaining. He's the audience window into the movie.

My quick review: this is my 2nd favorite DCEU movie behind MoS. I'll probably be in the minority but that's fine with me.

The Bad: Plot is a bit of a mess, the villain is bad, up there with Malekith from Thor the dark world. There is some noticeably bad CGI too.

The Good: The Justice League itself is great. The cast had great chemistry, the lighter tone worked, the humor worked for the most part. Aquaman, Flash, and Cyborg were introduced very well and the movie left me wanting to learn more about them. Overall the best thing I can say about this movie was that it was fun. The fun I had outweighed my issues with the film.

Oh and the 2 post credit scenes.....hands down the best Post credit scenes of the year. I think everyone will like them.
    Last edited by WolfWood37; November 17th, 2017 at 07:54 AM.
    FC: 5043 2397 0050 In Game trainer name (WolfWood)

The fact that the movie seems to be at least entertaining and the characters are fun to watch immediately makes me want to give it a chance. I can overlook a weak plot if I'm well-entertained, I admit it. And a part of me does want this to finally succeed, because, just like with Suicide Squad, the characters are mostly well-casted and I feel like the actors deserve to portray these characters again with better material.

Which one was for comedy? When he blew up an entire factory full of joker's minions? Or when he threw the guy down the 30 story stairwell? Or when he killed the Joker?
    None of those. The one that Batman straps a bomb to a goons waist, punches him into the sewers and it explodes.

Spoiler:

The point I was making that I haven't watched those movies since I was 4. I do not remember ANY of the scenes, to the point I had to search: "michael keaton batman kills". My issue with Batman killing applies to all media where he shows up. The old, new movies.

Spoiler:

I can find them entertaining, I am not a fan of BvS but I would watch again if I had nothing else to do. The topic of Batman killing directly, indirectly is something that has been discussed to death and as Green_vs_Red mentioned, Frank Miller has done it as well. The latter is built upon on how Batman has spiraled down. There is thematic meaning in why Batman has become like that. I could maybe even overlook seeing the Dark Knight kill during his first year as a vigilante. He has less experience. Personally, I have always loved the representation on how Batman struggles to not break his one rule.

We could argue that BvS also had reasons for Batman to change. With the reveal that Robin had already been murdered. The key difference between Frank Miller's rendition and BvS is that in the former, Alfred was not around anymore, and Bruce was considerably older than in BvS. Batman being alone for a long time is what drives him further into this dark place.

Spoiler:
    On the other hand in Under the Red Hood, the same scenario is present, Todd had been murdered. Jason confronts Batman and questions why he has not killed the Joker after what he had done to him. I find this approach much enticing and shows how difficult it is for him to kill.
    Last edited by K. Kira XXIII; November 17th, 2017 at 11:17 AM.
    Hidden:
    Hidden:

I have a lot of sympathy for DC fans. That just want their comics to have the same mainstream success and love that Marvel has gotten. Instead they keep just getting kicked in the balls. I can understand their frustration, especially when the media seems to bend over backwards to praise the MCU (which it mostly deserves) while DC is just a running punchline.

I get how that can start to grate after a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by KzTxL7 View Post
    I wasn't distracted by Lucy being half naked.

You won this week Fairy Tail.

Quote Originally Posted by Riddler View Post
    These two things are hated?? We live in a strange world...I just watched Hook recently. It's such a charming, enjoyable film, with a pretty cool story premise and great performances by Robin Williams and especially Dustin Hoffman as Hook. Plus, the score is severely underrated.
    My list was a mix of things Critics hated, and Audiences hated. Hook was an example of the former.

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Or anything by Frank Miller.....when he's not making him treat Dick Grayson Aged 12 like shit.
    Why do people think this? This is the justification Zack Snyder used too, and it's wrong... Even Frank Miller, whose writing has gotten awful since 9/11, never has Batman kill...

I mean, to be fair this rule is bent heavily in The Dark Knight Strikes Again since Batman seems ok with letting others kill people, but he never kills anyone himself in the book until kinda the end where...
    Spoiler:
    Drops Dick Grayson, who now has a Deadpool-like Healing factor into a volcano... but the argument could be made that he survives this because of the healing factor making this a fate worse than death.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfmetal-lich View Post
    I have a lot of sympathy for DC fans. That just want their comics Movies to have the same mainstream success and love that Marvel has gotten. Instead they keep just getting kicked in the balls. I can understand their frustration, especially when the media seems to bend over backwards to praise the MCU (which it mostly deserves) while DC is just a running punchline.

I get how that can start to grate after a few years.
    Fixed that for you. DC's comics are doing just fine. Rebirth is excellent, and Marvel can't stop doing overlapping universe-wide events that make it hard to just jump in and follow a single story.

Actually, doing further investigation, it seems the scene that is referenced as inspiration for Batman killing in Frank Miller's comic is something that is not confirmed. He did shoot a thug, but no death was confirmed. Later on, Batman is talking about killing someone, but it is portrayed as a line he has not crossed yet. Furthermore, when the commisioner starts stating the crimes Bataman has committed, murder is not one of them. I haven't read part 3, so I am not sure how the story has progressed.

Either way, the fact that Batman uses a gun is a statement on how much he has fallen from the standards he set as he put on the cowl. However, at least in the comics I have read, he never killed anyone.
    Hidden:
    Hidden:

Actually, doing further investigation, it seems the scene that is referenced as inspiration for Batman killing in Frank Miller's comic is something that is not confirmed. He did shoot a thug, but no death was confirmed. Later on, Batman is talking about killing someone, but it is portrayed as a line he has not crossed yet. Furthermore, when the commisioner starts stating the crimes Bataman has committed, murder is not one of them. I haven't read part 3, so I am not sure how the story has progressed.
    Spoiler for a decades-old comic book masterpiece almost everyone should have read by now:
    Spoiler:
    Joker wakes up in Arkham having been catatonic since Batman's initial retirement, goes on David Letterman and kills the entire audience. Batman chases him down to a carnival and they have a final confrontation in the Tunnel of Love. Joker gets his final revenge on Batman by snapping his own neck, knowing the cops will blame Batman and hunt him even more stringently.

After this, the police say publicly they are UPDATING Batman's Rap Sheet to NOW include Murder, meaning he DEFINITELY hadn't killed anyone up to this point and we know he didn't actually kill the Joker, so...

I own Part 1, and can never remember if I actually read part 2. The part I am missing is the one that got published not long, Master Race.
    Hidden:
    Hidden:

I own Part 1, and can never remember if I actually read part 2. The part I am missing is the one that got published not long, Master Race.
    There was no Dark Knight part 2, nor a part 3. There was only one good story that Frank Miller did in the 80's.

Any claims to the contrary are part of an elaborate hoax by Linkara.

No wonder I feel like my memory draws a blank when thinking about part 2.
    Hidden:
    Hidden:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information