+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 223

Thread: James Bond Thread

  1. #201

    Default Re: James Bond Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bugs View Post
    Leiter's always been played by different actors; well okay, License to Kill's is the same as Live and Let Die (for some reason), and the one in the Craig movies is the same.
    I know, but when you have the one Bond with two movies, and his two movies are just a couple years apart, one of which is kinda sorta a reboot, and the other one has Felix as an important plot point, it really stands out comically.

    The two Dalton Felix (Feli?) are also VERY different looking. Just to make it more surreal.
    Like the guys in Goldfinger and Thunderball are both kinda older guys.
    The Diamonds and Live and Let Die guy both kinda look sorta alike.

    But the Living Daylights Felix is this real young looking dude. And then License brings back the Live and Let Die actor who looks pretty old.

  2. #202

    Default Re: James Bond Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bugs View Post
    He's supposed to be based of Charles Maxwell, but I see him more as Murdoch.
    They weren't going for a visual similarity then cause rupert murdoch looks like a bridge troll.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Jack Lord and Jeffrey Wright were the best felixes.

    First and the last. Both so much better than what came in betwenn.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Holy shit that was benicio del toro as sanchez creepy henchman.

    I thought he looked familiar but i couldn't place him

  3. #203

    Default Re: James Bond Thread

    What do you guys think of the possibility of Idris Elba playing James Bond?

    I'm personally all for it

  4. #204

    Default Re: James Bond Thread

    If he were younger and not as tall maybe. (And I know with that last part I sound just like the people who said Craig was too short).
    Last edited by Green_vs_Red; May 28th, 2020 at 06:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284




  5. #205

    Default Re: James Bond Thread

    Being tall has never been a problem. But yeah he seems a bit old for the role.

    I'd like someone who wears his beard this time, like most of the time at least.

    It's probably gonna be someone not (very) famous (because he's gotta be in his 30s).

    Anyway, as long as it's not someone like Chris Evans or Henry Cavill, it should lie fine...
    Every nation gets the government it deserves.---- Joseph de Maistre

  6. #206

    Default Re: James Bond Thread

    If they ever wanted to do a softer reboot to follow Craig Colin Firth would've been a good Roger Moore successor. I mean if he wasn't too old

  7. #207

    Default Re: James Bond Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    What do you guys think of the possibility of Idris Elba playing James Bond?

    I'm personally all for it
    I'd love it, sure he is older but he still looks like he could pull off being in his later 30s.

  8. #208

    Default Re: James Bond Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    If they ever wanted to do a softer reboot to follow Craig Colin Firth would've been a good Roger Moore successor. I mean if he wasn't too old
    Ironically Bond worked worst by having him be a stiff and proper English gentleman. So I hope they never go for a second Moore.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    I hold that Bond needs to be a working class thug wrapped up in a smug upper class shell.

    It's why Connery and Craig are the top two.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    I'm also holding that Bond absolutely has to be a troll. Must be. Essential. He has to enjoy fucking with people (usually to get something accomplished but still).

    I think that might have been Dalton's biggest issue, he wasn't a troll. Even Moore was a troll at points at least.

  9. #209

    Default Re: James Bond Thread

    The scene from Tommorrow Never Dies of him testing the BMW and stopping short of him & Q and the scene where he cracks a smile after the bomber blew himself up in Casino Royale were good trolling scenes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284




  10. #210

    Default Re: James Bond Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    The scene from Tommorrow Never Dies of him testing the BMW and stopping short of him & Q and the scene where he cracks a smile after the bomber blew himself up in Casino Royale were good trolling scenes.
    Also the tourist in Casino Royale thinking Craig is a valet, and assholeishly tossing him his car keys. So Craig says like "Of course sir" and without changing his expression finds the guys car, and casually backs it into someone else's car at full speed.

  11. #211

    Default Re: James Bond Thread

    Well Goldeneye still holds up. Its hard to imagine that they'll ever luck into such a great backdrop again. The remains of cold war russia still peaking out from its mafia capitalist suit and nobody is sure of where they stand. James Bond driving a tank down an actual St Petersburg street? That is insane. A Bond film that is shot on location in the heart of what was enemy land. Like a third of this movies charm is the time period it takes place in. I mean its a solidly directed action movie all the way through, great casting choices and i just really like Pierce Brosnan. But move all this talent to like 1990 and it would've been so much lesser than what it became

  12. #212

    Default Re: James Bond Thread

    Minnie Driver singing painfully off-key.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284




  13. #213

    Default Re: James Bond Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    Well Goldeneye still holds up. Its hard to imagine that they'll ever luck into such a great backdrop again. The remains of cold war russia still peaking out from its mafia capitalist suit and nobody is sure of where they stand. James Bond driving a tank down an actual St Petersburg street? That is insane. A Bond film that is shot on location in the heart of what was enemy land. Like a third of this movies charm is the time period it takes place in. I mean its a solidly directed action movie all the way through, great casting choices and i just really like Pierce Brosnan. But move all this talent to like 1990 and it would've been so much lesser than what it became
    The other Brosnan movies are so tonally different it really boggles the mind.

  14. #214
    Your long-lost brother Jabra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    (ಥ ͜ʖ ಥ)

    Default Re: James Bond Thread

    What certainly doesn't hold up is the car. The BMW Z3 was nasty back then and it's even nastier now.

    Spoiler:


    But at least the song is still top tier



  15. #215

    Default Re: James Bond Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    The other Brosnan movies are so tonally different it really boggles the mind.
    It really does go all over the place. From self aware and somewhat deconstructive to literal superhero, but the worst part is how die another day had such a good opening set-up to be something different, only to completely backslide into same same.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    What certainly doesn't hold up is the car. The BMW Z3 was nasty back then and it's even nastier now.
    Maybe its because i'm not a car guy, and know nothing beyond basic maintenance but the cars in Bond never did much for me. Well i guess the scuba car does invoke some fond memories

  16. #216

    Default Re: James Bond Thread

    Just a small observation i just made (this is coming from me starting from the craig movies) but i was thinking about what made the bond franchise different from all of the other types (e.g bourne, MI) is that the really good ones tend to be rooted in the respective backdrops of their production (the communist era, skyfall). Its not something i can articulate very well now but i wonder if any of u felt the same

  17. #217

    Default Re: James Bond Thread

    The main thing that makes James Bond movies unique is that he's banging chicks all the time. Everyone is naturally attracted to him, and that's why people on this thread are fond of him

    It's kinda like the character of Don Draper (Jon Hamm) in Mad Men
    Every nation gets the government it deserves.---- Joseph de Maistre

  18. #218
    Saemon Havarian Razh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Croatia

    Default Re: James Bond Thread

    Well despite talking shit about the latest installment, I went and watched the new one after all. And goddammit I ended up enjoying it. It's not without faults but the positives outweigh the negatives enough that I can mostly disregard them. It's a Bond movie after all...

    Paloma
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

    It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

  19. #219

    Default Re: James Bond Thread

    I'm not sure of where they're going with female 007. Like, it's not James Bond anymore, so... wut ? This last years we've been getting more and more strong female characters in the movie industry. I don't think we need to touch to James Bond.
    Every nation gets the government it deserves.---- Joseph de Maistre

  20. #220
    The Album Guy Nobodyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Virginia, US

    Default Re: James Bond Thread

    It didn't really feel like they were setting up Lashana Lynch as the next "Bond". The next film will probably be set in a new continuity, but I guess we'll see.

    Anyway, No Time to Die was a fine send off for Daniel Craig. Not great like Casino Royale or Skyfall, but a serviceable adventure. And I do appreciate the movie taking a few risks and trying some new things.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts