Default Re: Naruto Discussion; Attempt #10

Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    No, that was definitely Che.

http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/7970/hopegif.png

Wasn't it?
    http://fellowshipofminds.files.wordp...1232976553.jpg

that's the one you're looking for

Nope. Its Kenshiro inspired. As seen on the previous page.
    Hidden:
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Gekko135 View Post
    that's not che guevra...

...it's the O-robby ad campaign
    I am so sorry.

IT CERTAINLY IS NEITHER OF THE TWO. ITS CLEARLY KENSHIRO

edit: Ooops to sloow.

damn that's about as badass as infinite space

The Blockbuster near me is closing down and had a video of Hokuto no Ken on sale. I didn't buy it, though, and continue to regret it.

That's the one I used, yes

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

damn that's about as badass as infinite space
    Do black holes count as infinite space or no space?
    Last edited by TLC; July 12th, 2010 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Because black holes are badass.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    No, but you can concentrate on Naruto and Sasuke all the time. And you can introduce meaningless superfluous characters that contribute nothing to the plot and sometimes even retcon certain story elements.
    Who are these characters that were introduce that were meaningless to the plot?? How is Raikage,Killerbee, the other Kages, the clould village, pain, deidara etc.. meaningless to the plot?? concentrate on Naruto and Sasuke only. I must of dreamed sakura fighting sasori,Asuma death,Jman death, and shikiamaru avenging asuma.

looking through my old posts, half of them are just variants on "NARUTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! !!!"

Quote Originally Posted by juju14 View Post
    Who are these characters that were introduce that were meaningless to the plot?? How is Raikage,Killerbee, the other Kages, the clould village, pain, deidara etc.. meaningless to the plot?? concentrate on Naruto and Sasuke only. I must of dreamed sakura fighting sasori,Asuma death,Jman death, and shikiamaru avenging asuma.
    Shame about Kiba, Akamaru, Shino, Choji, Ino, Ten Ten, Rock Lee, Neji, Temari, Kankuro, Sai, and most of the teachers, though.

Shikimaru hasn't done anything lately, and Hinata hasn't done much either, but I won't mention them in that same group of neglected characters since you'll just point out that Shikimaru did something back in chapter 337, which was 170 chapters and nearly 4 years ago...

Oh. ANd Hinata's 2 page confession. Nevermind that Hinata's confession has gone unmentioned and undealt with for a year and counting since then. And Gaara was... at the kage council, I suppose, but he hasn't really done anything in part two except lose a fight and get his tailed beast stolen.

Might Guy is on the island Naruto is training on, so I suppose theres a possibility he might do something. Maybe.
    Last edited by Robby; July 12th, 2010 at 02:38 PM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

In jump festa 2009 kishi said we'll see more of shikamaru in 2010, and that 2010 is kakashi's year.
    Not even kidding

Great sage,equal of heaven Darkstorm's Avatar

90% of naruto's part one cast seem to be lepers these days

Edit: Robby covered all of the good backup characters.

While Killerbee and the Cloud Village, as a whole, are awesome, they really aren't all that important to the plot. What have they honestly done?

Raikage: Almost killed Sasuke and Kisame, acted like Samuel L. Jackson on Cocaine.

Killerbee: Raps a lot, almost killed Sasuke, almost killed Kisame, brings actual comedy to Naruto.

You could've had anybody in the story do all of this. (other than the rapping part and SLJ part) And the Akatsuki, while being hyped up as characters who thought they were doing good, ended up being rather two dimensional characters. Only a few of them shown out of the woodwork.

Pein is the stereotypical "Villain who was a good guy but got corrupted", but was done in such a rushed fashion, the audience (at least me) didn't feel this character. We knew what he was supposed to be, but all his fight was was destroying things with no real consequences. No real characterization at all. It was like watching the first Star Wars Prequel without Jar Jar Binks.

Konan: "I'm here to kill every single scene in this chapter.

Pein:"Saying all of my lines with no inflection, mercilessly boring the audience, scene after stupifying scene. Oh look, I destroyed something. Pain pain pain pain pain."

Whenever I see Peins spelled with an 'e', my pseudo-dyslexia kicks in and I see one of Kishi's freudian slips.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    Whenever I see Peins spelled with an 'e', my pseudo-dyslexia kicks in and I see one of Kishi's freudian slips.
    Hahahahahahaha wow, I can't believe I didn't see that.

There's only one pain

So it's pein for me

Quote Originally Posted by robbybedfart View Post
    Shame about Kiba, Akamaru, Shino, Choji, Ino, Ten Ten, Rock Lee, Neji, Temari, Kankuro, Sai, and most of the teachers, though.

Shikimaru hasn't done anything in nearly 200 chapters SINCE that sub arc, and Hinata hasn't done much either, but I won't mention them in that same group of neglected characters since you'll just point out that Shikimaru did something back in chapter 337, which was 170 chapters and nearly 4 years ago...

Oh. ANd Hinata's 2 page confession. Nevermind that Hinata's confession has gone unmentioned and undealt with for a year and counting since then. And Gaara was... at the kage council, I suppose, but he hasn't really done anything in part two except lose a fight and get his tailed beast stolen.

Might Guy is on the island Naruto is training on, so I suppose theres a possibility he might do something. Maybe.
    So because Gaara lose a fight it means he didn't get air time. The supernovas all lose a fight. I guess it was pointless of showing them. Gaara showed how much he changed and willing to lose a fight and save his people. I agree Neji, Kiba, Rock lee, and temari need to be looked at way more through.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herodadotus View Post
    Edit: Robby covered all of the good backup characters.

While Killerbee and the Cloud Village, as a whole, are awesome, they really aren't all that important to the plot. What have they honestly done?

Raikage: Almost killed Sasuke and Kisame, acted like Samuel L. Jackson on Cocaine.

Killerbee: Raps a lot, almost killed Sasuke, almost killed Kisame, brings actual comedy to Naruto.

You could've had anybody in the story do all of this. (other than the rapping part and SLJ part) And the Akatsuki, while being hyped up as characters who thought they were doing good, ended up being rather two dimensional characters. Only a few of them shown out of the woodwork.

Pein is the stereotypical "Villain who was a good guy but got corrupted", but was done in such a rushed fashion, the audience (at least me) didn't feel this character. We knew what he was supposed to be, but all his fight was was destroying things with no real consequences. No real characterization at all. It was like watching the first Star Wars Prequel without Jar Jar Binks.

Konan: "I'm here to kill every single scene in this chapter.

Pein:"Saying all of my lines with no inflection, mercilessly boring the audience, scene after stupifying scene. Oh look, I destroyed something. Pain pain pain pain pain."
    hmm i don't know maybe training Naruto to take control of kyuubi. Raikage is leading the war against Madara and the cloud village will be involved.

WTH do you mean anyone could do that. That makes no damn sense. He made those characters to do that. seriuosly that statement makes no sense.

Pein was a great character. How much time do i have to post this http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/436/06/

So because Gaara lose a fight it means he didn't get air time.
    No. Because he did it 250 chapters and six years ago means he didn't get air time.

That he failed during the one moment he had is just further salt in the wound.

A real rain will come... JERK DISEASE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by x20a View Post
    No one died when the village was blown up. They all died BEFORE he blew it up, when the other paths were walking around, killing people, and sucking out souls with the Naraka Path. When Pain used Shinra Tensei on Konoha, everyone who was still alive was kept alive by Tsunade's slug. Only the houses and shit were destroyed.
    And even that was no big deal considering they've already rebuilt it.
    1. Ace (), 2. WB (), 3. BB (X), 4. Perona () 5. Boa () 6. Jimbei (???), 7. Sabo lives (), 8. Timeskip ()

Closed Thread

Thread Information