+ Reply to Thread
Page 93 of 844 FirstFirst ... 43 83 91 92 93 94 95 103 143 193 593 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,860 of 16873

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

Bottom .

And it still has volume sales to back with which'll still sell better than almost every other manga in SJ no matter how low it gets.

I highly doubt that SJ would cancel a series that has been running for almost 10 years, let alone a series that was once highly popular.

Quote Originally Posted by the_bump View Post
    I highly doubt that SJ would cancel a series that has been running for almost 10 years, let alone a series that was once highly popular.
    Oh they would alright.

They have no souls you see.

Discovered Stowaway

And that's exactly why they will keep it running regardless. Bleach still is a money printing machine and low rankings in the TOC won't change that, at least for a long time.

It has to meet one of the two quotas to stay in, polls or sales.
    As long as sales is above quota, even if poll drops to rock bottom, it's in the safe zone.

And I can't imagine Bleach dropping below sales threshold.

Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    It has to meet one of the two quotas to stay in, polls or sales.
    As long as sales is above quota, even if poll drops to rock bottom, it's in the safe zone.

And I can't imagine Bleach dropping below sales threshold.
    Hmm......would some nasty rumours about Kubo affect sales ?

Quote Originally Posted by Thousand Lion-san View Post
    No, it deserves to rot in mediocrity like the miserable series that it is.
    agreed

Quote Originally Posted by f-trash View Post
    Regardless of how much you hate it, you have to admit it was better before. In my opinion, if Kubo finally gets his shit together and gets it back to its previous of quality, it would well deserve a place in the higher Top 10, maybe even Top 5.
    Even at it's best it still wasn't that good

Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    Going from shit to shittier isn't really helping.
    It started out mediocre and average, readable and some funny humor.
    Then it went to shit. Then it went to shittier.
    Now it's bottom of the dump pit shit.

Going back up a notch isn't gonna save this.

I personally think Kubo DOES have a lot of talent. His slice-of-life scenes were entertaining, and characters (originally) endearing.
    I think he's similar case to Oh! Great... he has great foundation building, but is utterly worthless in keeping up with long cohesive serializing plot.
    Kubo would do SOOOOOOOOO much better if he got a gensaku writer to partner up with.
    Kubo can basically fill the role of someone like Inazuma in HOTD or Obata in Bakuman.
    co-write with a good writer, but leave the main plots, direction, and pacing up to the writer.

But from seeing his public image, I think he's probably too proud of himself to admit this.
    His comments come out as.... prickish and full of pride.
    agreed

Quote Originally Posted by No Maam View Post
    Hell even good comic writers can fuck up their continuity with no planning, even on a personal story !

The ending to Preacher has no less then three large gaping plotholes, based on stuff that was shown before.

(1. How can the Saint's bullet kill God if it cannot even kill a vampire ? 2. Why didn't God just stop time and walk past the saint ? 3. Why couldn't he hear The Saint and Jesse planning this if he can aparently "hear" anything uttered on earth while being on earth ? Not even mentioning why God would allow the Saint to get weapons that can even kill him, or to make him unkillable even by his divine self)

But the difference is Garth was at least original and fun back then.

Kubo.....is not. Seriously, back in the day he had a giant in a fez show up, now he has......Riruka.
    WOW....how did he fuck that up?

Isn't a writer also drawing prety rare in america and more commonplace in Japan btw ?
    I do this....i'm no professional though

Hmm......would some nasty rumours about Kubo affect sales ?
    depends on the rumor and the crowd. One crowd would be disgusted and another intrigued
    Member of Negima is Super Awesome
    MY YOUTUBE channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Mcwhirlpoolinc?feature=mhee

WSJ Issue 29 cover:

and

Quote Originally Posted by Sasaki Hisashi
    We have 2 new series starting issue 30 and 31. I will tweet in detail about those new series later this week.

2 new series eh? Interesting.

The lead cover looks pretty cool. Looking forward to the two new series.

Two new series...I'm not sure about how many space exactly is available in Jump right now, but since Dois Sol is pretty much done I wonder what's the next series to get the axe? Sengoku Armors maybe?

I want the rankings to be revealed quickly so I can see how far Bleach fell this week.
    Last edited by TLC; June 21st, 2011 at 08:52 AM. Reason: I probably jinxed it><

Quote Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
    Two new series...I'm not sure about how many space exactly is available in Jump right now, but since Dois Sol is pretty much done I wonder what's the next series to get the axe? Sengoku Armors maybe?
    I'd imagine Dois Sol and Sengoku Armors are getting the axe.

You're all forgetting about Grimm which just got serialized a week after Dois Sol. It seem lower than SA in the previous Toc's.

Quote Originally Posted by RPGJay View Post
    I'd imagine Dois Sol and Sengoku Armors are getting the axe.
    And to think I actually thought Sengoku Armors had potential. Who'd have thought it would turn out to be such crap?
    My Hero Academia is my favorite manga series right now. At least so long as the high of its greatness remains. United States of Smash.

Quote Originally Posted by Kareem Said View Post
    And to think I actually thought Sengoku Armors had potential. Who'd have thought it would turn out to be such crap?
    What was it about and how exactly did it become crap ? :O

Quote Originally Posted by RDarren View Post
    You're all forgetting about Grimm which just got serialized a week after Dois Sol. It seem lower than SA in the previous Toc's.
    That's right, I forgot about Grimm. Grimm seems possible too.

What was it about and how exactly did it become crap ? :O
    It was basically about samurai with magical weapons, which sounded really cool to me, but it's been doing crap in the ratings, and no one was really speaking highly of it, so I admit I'm assuming it's bad. I should probably actually read more than the first chapter if I'm to judge it, but regardless it failed, which is sad because it had a decent premise.
    My Hero Academia is my favorite manga series right now. At least so long as the high of its greatness remains. United States of Smash.

Quote Originally Posted by Kareem Said View Post
    It was basically about samurai with magical weapons, which sounded really cool to me, but it's been doing crap in the ratings, and no one was really speaking highly of it, so I admit I'm assuming it's bad. I should probably actually read more than the first chapter if I'm to judge it, but regardless it failed, which is sad because it had a decent premise.
    So kinda like Bleach ?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information