+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 844 FirstFirst ... 42 82 90 91 92 93 94 102 142 192 592 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,840 of 16871

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

I'm not arguing your point, just taking the chance to jab at the comic market and its retardedness.

And indirectly jab at Kubo by reference.
    Last edited by Aohige_AP; June 15th, 2011 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    I'm not arguing your point, just taking the chance to jab at the comic market and its retardedness.

And indirectly jab at Kubo by reference.
    Hell even good comic writers can fuck up their continuity with no planning, even on a personal story !

The ending to Preacher has no less then three large gaping plotholes, based on stuff that was shown before.

(1. How can the Saint's bullet kill God if it cannot even kill a vampire ? 2. Why didn't God just stop time and walk past the saint ? 3. Why couldn't he hear The Saint and Jesse planning this if he can aparently "hear" anything uttered on earth while being on earth ? Not even mentioning why God would allow the Saint to get weapons that can even kill him, or to make him unkillable even by his divine self)

But the difference is Garth was at least original and fun back then.

Kubo.....is not. Seriously, back in the day he had a giant in a fez show up, now he has......Riruka.

I don't read American Comics, but in fairness, many of the problems they have with continuity, retcons, and lack of planning probably comes from the format of having many writers work with the same characters and the fact that these characters have been around for so long that such errors were inevitable

Quote Originally Posted by Aaronrules380 View Post
    I don't read American Comics, but in fairness, many of the problems they have with continuity, retcons, and lack of planning probably comes from the format of having many writers work with the same characters and the fact that these characters have been around for so long that such errors were inevitable
    I could turn a simple spaghetti into pile of manure by having ten different chefs throw in whatever the hell they feel like in the pot.

That doesn't give me excuse for producing a pile of manure.

It doesn't really. My point is that its a format that makes it pretty much impossible to retain continuity at any reasonable level. I'm not a comic book fan and that whole format is pat of what drives me away from American comics. Still, I'm sure an American comic book fan would tell you there are other good things about American comics that can be done only because of the format. Really it depends on how you weigh your priorities

It doesn't really. My point is that its a format that makes it pretty much impossible to retain continuity at any reasonable level. I'm not a comic book fan and that whole format is pat of what drives me away from American comics. Still, I'm sure an American comic book fan would tell you there are other good things about American comics that can be done only because of the format. Really it depends on how you weigh your priorities
    My original post said decades-spanning franchise. Not all American comic books.
    Pretty much all the good ones are one-shot mini series coming from a single author or team.

Pretty much all the good ones are one-shot mini series coming from a single author or team.
    Isn't a writer also drawing prety rare in america and more commonplace in Japan btw ?

I suppose, but my responses were mostly in regard to the decades-spanning franchises. I'm not a fan of that type of format either, but I'm sure a fan of those franchises would be abe to give some positive benefits to the format for fans (for companies its pretty much brand name appeal selling more books than a relative unknown)

Quote Originally Posted by No Maam View Post
    Isn't a writer also drawing prety rare in america and more commonplace in Japan btw ?
    It's pretty rare in US. A lot of the decent ones are though. MAUS, Sin City, Strangers in Paradise, etc.

The format obviously works well.

I suppose, but my responses were mostly in regard to the decades-spanning franchises. I'm not a fan of that type of format either, but I'm sure a fan of those franchises would be abe to give some positive benefits to the format for fans (for companies its pretty much brand name appeal selling more books than a relative unknown)
    If we don't need to be considerate for fans of Twilight, Bleach, and other mediocre pile of junk, I don't see why I have to for "abovementionedone"
    I think the format produces absolute pile of crap for the vast majority, with very few exceptions. That's my opinion, not a fact. So no, I don't need to be considerate of it.
    At least I don't go to threads or places where they talk about it and dump piss on people.
    I don't like it or have interest in it, I don't get involved.

It's pretty rare in US. A lot of the decent ones are though. MAUS, Sin City, Strangers in Paradise, etc.

The format obviously works well.
    Sin City......haven't read much but I do find it a little too depresing realy.

Stil, better then Miller's later atempts at Batman Beatification.

Thats true. I don't even really get why I'm defending the whole thing when I don't even read the stuff

Discovered Stowaway

I think a series should have another chance if it keeps improving after a slap in the face by the TOC. And, in my opinion, the fullbring arc is getting better currently. The pacing speeds up, we get some decent character interactions, for Bleach standards. What exactly would a cancellation archive if he actually tries to change his series for good right now? He probably got the message from the dropping ranks, if he keeps getting his ass up and improving the series I don't see why it should not rise again.

Don't get me wrong, it still sucks and Kubo's interviews, his attitude, is ridiculous. But it sucks less in the beginning of the fullbring arc. Personally I still have some hopes up until the point we finally get some insight about what is going on in the big picture right now - if he fucks up that and Bleach still sucks after that, fuck this series.
    I also don't see what's so bad about the SS arc (if you look at it by itself of course, looking back several plot points never got expanded upon in later arcs), anyone mind to explain?

That being said, I have to agree on the Inazuma-Kubo comparision... In several ways.

Cancellation, although it wouldn't happen, would achieve a lot.
    Wrap up this unsalvageable hunk of crap, start fresh with a writer partner, and Kubo still has chance to redeem himself.

Discovered Stowaway

Cancellation, although it wouldn't happen, would achieve a lot.
    Wrap up this unsalvageable hunk of crap, start fresh with a writer partner, and Kubo still has chance to redeem himself.
    If I tried to improve my work after (finally) noticing I'm doing a horrible job and still got kicked out, I doubt I'd still be that motivated to keep trying. As you said, he has talent and I think he should get a(nother) chance to show it with Bleach.
    But yeah, he would probably come off his high horse and consider such options if Bleach was just cancelled. But that's not gonna happen either way I guess, it's still way too popular for that. Thus, currently I'd rather see him realizing his mistakes by getting a positive feedback through the TOC if he does decent chapters and being at the bottom for horrible ones and see how that plays out.

At the very least we'd have more room in Jump for a decent series to take up

Give Kubo the drawing and character designs, but not the paneling. The writer in the team should figure out the paneling.

If Bleach actually could compare to any of the other manga in SJ that would be agreeable. But it isn't, the guy makes a disgrace of the manga industry by still continuing with this. At least i think so.

uhh... what?

First of all, T never posted that.
    Second of all, that Japanese text is asking about PRINCE OF TENNIS.
    Third, Ohana already confirmed Dois Sol ending, and said the ending was pretty simple.

So no, T's not wrong. You're getting trolled.

Check your sources before spreading them, bro
    My bad then. Just thought it was credible since no one had violent reactions about it. Maybe they just didn't care much if Dois Sol will really be cancelled or not. >.<

What's actually news this time is that Naruto is also doing poorly. After 10 days since the release of the 56th volume, it only sold 756,666 copies.
    Of course it's still a huge number, but remember one year ago when it would unhesitatingly sell 1m in the first 2 weeks? And to add to that, vol 54 had sold a bit over 900k in its first 2 weeks, and vol 55 around 850k copies. If my memory doesn't fail me, a new Naruto volume doesn't do this poorly since 2007-2008. I guess the current arc is boring even the japanese.

Do I detect a steady decrease? See for yourselves:
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...king-june-6-12 - vol 56 2nd week
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...april-25-may-1 - vol 55 2nd week
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ng-january-3-9 - vol 54 2nd week

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...ga.php?id=1598

On topic: Toriko, Magico, Bakuman and Gintama deserve doing so well. And even Medaka Box is finally becoming a bit more popular.

How low those Bleach need to fall before it's finally cancelled? Can someone answer this question for me?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information