+ Reply to Thread
Page 91 of 844 FirstFirst ... 41 81 89 90 91 92 93 101 141 191 591 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,820 of 16872

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

Maybe they should try a sport other than soccer, since those seem to be folding pretty quickly lately. I dunno, has there been a baseball manga in Jump recently?
    (though honestly, that super-exaggerated minigolf that we've occasionally discussed would be the best solution)
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Quote Originally Posted by Crossword View Post
    Maybe they should try a sport other than soccer, since those seem to be folding pretty quickly lately. I dunno, has there been a baseball manga in Jump recently?
    (though honestly, that super-exaggerated minigolf that we've occasionally discussed would be the best solution)
    Kishimoto's one shot Bench.
    If you can't dazzle them with your brilliance, baffle them with your bullshit.

The only evil in this world is ignorance.

While Bleach is 11th without counting the color pages, it seems pretty ludicrous to suggest that any of them ranked below Bleach considering what thy are, so I think its safe to call Bleach 14th

Discovered Stowaway

I hope Bleach will rise in ranks somewhat the next few weeks.

Not because it is good now, but because it kind of improved compared to its state a few weeks ago. Of course it should still stay out of the top 5 until we know if this keeps going, but the editors and Kubo should be able to see some difference.

Not really much more to say here. With the exception of Naruto the good series are doing well and the bad series are doing poorly. There is justice in the manga world. Or the Jump manga world anyway.
    My Hero Academia is my favorite manga series right now. At least so long as the high of its greatness remains. United States of Smash.

Sport manga shouldn't focus on being long, but on being short and fun.

Planing them to last 4 or 5 volumes during a tournament, or an oppening match, and keeping the rotation fresh.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by f-trash View Post
    I hope Bleach will rise in ranks somewhat the next few weeks.

Not because it is good now, but because it kind of improved compared to its state a few weeks ago. Of course it should still stay out of the top 5 until we know if this keeps going, but the editors and Kubo should be able to see some difference.
    No, it deserves to rot in mediocrity like the miserable series that it is.

Quote Originally Posted by RDarren View Post
    Based on Mangahelpers, T stating Dois Sol will be executed was a mistake.

And Ikkyuu just have 5 chapters so it's not ranked yet.
    uhh... what?

First of all, T never posted that.
    Second of all, that Japanese text is asking about PRINCE OF TENNIS.
    Third, Ohana already confirmed Dois Sol ending, and said the ending was pretty simple.

So no, T's not wrong. You're getting trolled.

640 :ohana ◆IR7jauNn4E [↓] :2011/06/15(水) 22:02:56.89 ID:44wUdoR1P
    さっぱりした最終回だった。

642 :ohana ◆IR7jauNn4E [↓] :2011/06/15(水) 22:55:26.01 ID:44wUdoR1P
    夢落ちってわけじゃないけど

決勝戦は羽石VS西怜

で羽石が勝つ。
    優勝 羽石高校

んで、ドイソルって話しは星野が9年後に書いたって話。

ご愛読ありがとうございました。

目次には
    ここで終わってしまうのがとても残念です。もっと描きたかったな~。それでは。 克俊
    Check your sources before spreading them, bro
    Last edited by Aohige_AP; June 15th, 2011 at 09:59 AM.

Even if no one had confirmed it, being either last or second to last for like 12 weeks is a pretty good indicator of being canceled.

Quote Originally Posted by Thousand Lion-san View Post
    This.

Also, f-trash, I honestly didn't find anything worth saying "oh thats almost kinda good" In Bleach lately so I don't really get what you're talking about.

And Bleach keeps dropping, only a few more spots till its off the charts Wonder if it did get knocked off the charts if Kubo would still be doing 10 more series of Bleach? Like what's going on with One Piece and Toriko.
    Luffy fan.
    LuffyxHancock or LuffyxNami? I can't decide.

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by Thousand Lion-san View Post
    Regardless of how much you hate it, you have to admit it was better before. In my opinion, if Kubo finally gets his shit together and gets it back to its previous of quality, it would well deserve a place in the higher Top 10, maybe even Top 5.

Quote Originally Posted by D-kun View Post
    This.

Also, f-trash, I honestly didn't find anything worth saying "oh thats almost kinda good" In Bleach lately so I don't really get what you're talking about.
    A few weeks ago, literally nothing happened, Kubo spread confusion about pretty much every new plotpoint, it took him weeks to even mention Chad - stuff like that.

Now we get a somewhat faster pacing (I don't mean bullshit like Notaizen showing up once again but instead that stuff actually happens in the chapters - it seems more "fluent" now to me at least), Kubo seems to try to sort out the shithouse called Fullbringers he created (last chapter for example, Ginjou mentioned giving Ichigo Fullbring powers is a step towards recovering his shinigami powers, something people were confused about for weeks), focus on side characters (Orihime is funny again and got a new power) - stuff like that.

It's still not good, but he surely is improving from the previous chapters which is why he should at least stop dropping down for now, maybe even climb up some places if the series keeps improving.

Regardless of how much you hate it, you have to admit it was better before. In my opinion, if Kubo finally gets his shit together and gets it back to its previous of quality, it would well deserve a place in the higher Top 10, maybe even Top 5.
    Nope its even worse now.

With Aizen it was so bad it was funny. Now its just bad.

Not even Soul Society was top 5 material, outside of a few parts.

- It won't happen, Kubo is a troll who doesn't know the basis of good storytelling
    - The Editor in Chief doesn't care about bleach and it's "stylistic apeal"
    - Even when bleach was "Good", it was nothing more than cliches

A few weeks ago, literally nothing happened, Kubo spread confusion about pretty much every new plotpoint, it took him weeks to even mention Chad - stuff like that.

Now we get a somewhat faster pacing (I don't mean bullshit like Notaizen showing up once again but instead that stuff actually happens in the chapters - it seems more "fluent" now to me at least), Kubo seems to try to sort out the shithouse called Fullbringers he created (last chapter for example, Ginjou mentioned giving Ichigo Fullbring powers is a step towards recovering his shinigami powers, something people were confused about for weeks), focus on side characters (Orihime is funny again and got a new power) - stuff like that.

It's still not good, but he surely is improving from the previous chapters which is why he should at least stop dropping down for now, maybe even climb up some places if the series keeps improving.
    Going up when you have no more room to go down isn't something to be proud of.

Orihime's payoff was due 3 years ago, it's now worthless.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Going from shit to shittier isn't really helping.
    It started out mediocre and average, readable and some funny humor.
    Then it went to shit. Then it went to shittier.
    Now it's bottom of the dump pit shit.

Going back up a notch isn't gonna save this.

I personally think Kubo DOES have a lot of talent. His slice-of-life scenes were entertaining, and characters (originally) endearing.
    I think he's similar case to Oh! Great... he has great foundation building, but is utterly worthless in keeping up with long cohesive serializing plot.
    Kubo would do SOOOOOOOOO much better if he got a gensaku writer to partner up with.
    Kubo can basically fill the role of someone like Inazuma in HOTD or Obata in Bakuman.
    co-write with a good writer, but leave the main plots, direction, and pacing up to the writer.

But from seeing his public image, I think he's probably too proud of himself to admit this.
    His comments come out as.... prickish and full of pride.

No I don't. It's been the same boring shit as always. Even at its best, Bleach was always a mediocre manga. It getting its shit together is simply a difference between it being shit and being runny diarrhea.

Edit: Ha, Aohige beat me to it.

Double Edit: Lol, a lot of members beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post

But from seeing his public image, I think he's probably too proud of himself to admit this.
    His comments come out as.... prickish and full of pride.
    He's more deluded. He thinks that not planing your story, ignoring continuity and constantly retconing stuff and not delivering on plot points is "cool".

Quote Originally Posted by No Maam View Post
    He's more deluded. He thinks that not planing your story, ignoring continuity and constantly retconing stuff and not delivering on plot points is "cool".
    That reads like a handbook for decades-spanning American superhero comic franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    That reads like a handbook for decades-spanning American superhero comic franchise.
    Yeah, but in Japan it's more comon for non-gag/ manga to be a complete story, and not a never ending cash cow managed by dozens of different writers and changed through editorial mandate and as the result of mediocre and dull "crossover events", isn't it ?

Thing is, Kubo has opted to have a progressing plot....but choses to improvise it on the spot every week. Because he thinks it somehow makes him an "artist".

Do you know we've had not one , not two but FOUR different explanations of the origins of Chad's power and three different ones for Orihime ?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information