+ Reply to Thread
Page 86 of 844 FirstFirst ... 36 76 84 85 86 87 88 96 136 186 586 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,720 of 16871

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

Seeing as I can find so many Mangazones, how about posting a link to the one in question?

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3762-9083

Interesting, thanks for posting, TLS.

Quote Originally Posted by Crossword View Post
    I really wish all these new scanlation teams jumping on the big three, four, five, whatever shonen bandwagons would instead work on some other stuff that's behind like Gintama or Sket Dance, or Enigma, or something.
    I don't know if it's just me, but Gintama scanlations have like a myriad of "lost chapters". It's weird. Not the last ones, but the ones in between, I don't remember exactly, but between 130 and 170 there's a lot of places where a lot of these chapters don't exist.

It's a shame, cause I was picking up with this manga out of curiosity. I'll admit it's kind of a mixed bag for me; I've laughed to the point of tears falling (the chapter with Gin, Kondo, and 2 enemies all trapped in a WC and without paper was HISTERICAL, and the ones with that gorila princess too), but when he gets serious. . .something's off. At least for me. But still I wanted to keep on reading it in it's entirety. . .

The thing between Mangazone and Mangastream is a pissing contest. The only thing that they have now over the new guys is that their page doesn't have those goodamn awful chibi characters in BLACK background.

June's relases.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by Crossword View Post
    I really wish all these new scanlation teams jumping on the big three, four, five, whatever shonen bandwagons would instead work on some other stuff that's behind like Gintama or Sket Dance, or Enigma, or something.
    Instead of One Piece/Bleach/Naruto scanlator #145, I wish someone would instead do Kingdom in Weekly Young Jump. I'm pretty sure not a single chapter of that manga has ever been translated, and it's a shame. There's 20 volumes of it currently out.
    One of my weekly favorites.

They'd need a Chinese editor to work with though, since all the names are localized into Japanese.
    It's a fictional retelling of the rise of power of first Emperor of Qn Empire, from viewpoint of a young solder who befriended him.

Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    Instead of One Piece/Bleach/Naruto scanlator #145, I wish someone would instead do Kingdom in Weekly Young Jump. I'm pretty sure not a single chapter of that manga has ever been translated, and it's a shame. There's 20 volumes of it currently out.
    One of my weekly favorites.

They'd need a Chinese editor to work with though, since all the names are localized into Japanese.
    It's a fictional retelling of the rise of power of first Emperor of Qn Empire, from viewpoint of a young solder who befriended him.
    you mean Ying Zheng? Damn, that sound awesome.

Toriko, One Piece, Beelzebub and Bakuman in the top 5 while Magico is 6th :D

Bleach is 9th XD maybe Kubo will at least try to pick up the story, honestly after reading bakuman wtf is kubo's editor actually doing allowing him to publish such pointless chapters that havnt furthered the story in 6 months.

The thing with Gintama is it's extremely hard to translate and to do it right is absurdly time consuming. My group's scans are about 20 chapters behind the current Jump. And I've got to essentially re-translate all of Bomber D Rufi's translations in order to find all his errors, then adapt it to his phrasing and characterization. There are tons of weird references, colloquial language that's hard to find definitions for, and crazy logic.
    On top of there being "gaps" and stuff, there are a good amount of chapters that were done with really bad unedited translations. Which is what I've been trying to correct. Once we get caught up, which is what we're focusing on, we're gonna try to go through earlier chapters in high quality and such.

I do one series in Young Jump, Kokou no Hito. And apparently kingdom sells pretty well. It's like YJ's second after Gantz. I'd be interested in reading it sometime, maybe. It's a real actiony war sort of manga from what I've seen.

I read Gintama up till the gap in the scans. I've been waiting for that gap to be filled ever since :S

Same here sadly enough, i was about to buy Gintama by volumes not to long ago and then comes along that it won't be translated any longer by Viz.

Got seriously pissed off at that.

Quote Originally Posted by kewl0210 View Post
    The thing with Gintama is it's extremely hard to translate and to do it right is absurdly time consuming. My group's scans are about 20 chapters behind the current Jump. And I've got to essentially re-translate all of Bomber D Rufi's translations in order to find all his errors, then adapt it to his phrasing and characterization. There are tons of weird references, colloquial language that's hard to find definitions for, and crazy logic.
    On top of there being "gaps" and stuff, there are a good amount of chapters that were done with really bad unedited translations. Which is what I've been trying to correct. Once we get caught up, which is what we're focusing on, we're gonna try to go through earlier chapters in high quality and such.

I do one series in Young Jump, Kokou no Hito. And apparently kingdom sells pretty well. It's like YJ's second after Gantz. I'd be interested in reading it sometime, maybe. It's a real actiony war sort of manga from what I've seen.
    It really looks like Gintama must be a pain in the ass to translate. The amount of puns and references seems pretty exhausting, to say the least.

Good luck with that project of re-doing old Gintama chapters! I'm sure it will be very, very appreciated.

Kewl you are a kick ass guy!
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by kewl0210 View Post
    It feels like some of the chapters (especially on later volumes) of Kokou no hito is entirely composed of reaction face, expression, and beautiful scenery, almost entirely void of dialog or text. Haha.
    Some of those volumes can be read in matter of minutes!
    *50 pages of scenery* *100 pages of expression expression expression*

I haven't read the latest volume, btw. Or the original novel. Good manga.

Yes, it makes it very easy to translate.
    It's an expressive artsy emotional manga, which makes it do bad in the TOC (of YJ) but gets pretty good sales for Young Jump standards. It's really amazing honestly.
    I've translated the issues as they've come out in Young Jump and post them on mangahelpers with my translations, but getting a weekly manga ordered to you in the US usually means it gets to you like a week and a half after the street date.
    http://mangahelpers.com/m/kokou-no-hito/translations/

The series is almost done though. Like probably two or so more volumes will come out. But it's hard to tell, because the series doesn't progress quickly when most of the pages are scenery, reactions, and visual metaphors.
    I read some of the original novel but it's hard for me to really read a novel in Japanese and continuously keep track of what's going on without looking things up.

Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    It feels like some of the chapters (especially on later volumes) of Kokou no hito is entirely composed of reaction face, expression, and beautiful scenery, almost entirely void of dialog or text. Haha.
    Some of those volumes can be read in matter of minutes!
    *50 pages of scenery* *100 pages of expression expression expression*

I haven't read the latest volume, btw. Or the original novel. Good manga.
    Jaysis, and I read through comics realy frickin fast and usualy feel a little dissapointed when it's over so soon.

I'd probably finish this before walking up to the cashier

Part of the ToC posted by Medaka spoiler provider:

Sket Dance (CL)
    Toriko
    Gintama
    Naruto
    Beelzebub
    Magico (CL)
    Bakuman
    Medaka

Toriko is first again :awesome