+ Reply to Thread
Page 85 of 844 FirstFirst ... 35 75 83 84 85 86 87 95 135 185 585 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 16873

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

Keep falling Bleach. Also why the fuck is Reborn so high?

I guess Reborn is so high because last week's chapter was better than the usual garbage, even if it still wasn't really good. Just surprisingly decent compared to the last 3 weeks or so where it was far worse than usual.

Well actually the polls reflect the quality of the chapter 8 weeks ago if I'm not mistaken and that was the terrible Tsuna vs Enma finale so...

Discovered Stowaway

used to still follow bleach for the fun (how awful!) of it. can't remember when i stopped but it was a few chapters after aizen's last appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by alfredjohn617 View Post
    used to still follow bleach for the fun (how awful!) of it. can't remember when i stopped but it was a few chapters after aizen's last appearance.
    I'll let you in on a little secret.

In all the chapters since......nothing has happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Thousand Lion-san View Post
    Well actually the polls reflect the quality of the chapter 8 weeks ago if I'm not mistaken and that was the terrible Tsuna vs Enma finale so...
    Ah, well then I have no idea why it's so high. I expect it will plummet over the craptastic Spade chapters, and maybe rise a bit with the latest one.

Sailing through the Sea of Blood to find Sniper Island

Maybe because it's the finale?
    Anyone remember what Bleach got during Ichigo vs Aizen finale?

Is Enigma in bottom 5?
    Haven't follow that manga for a long time but I remember it got a good start... Did it go down like Psyren?

So glad Bleach keeps falling.
    Luffy fan.
    LuffyxHancock or LuffyxNami? I can't decide.

Guys, Bleach actually went up you know since last time it was ranked. It was 12th back then.

Quote Originally Posted by kaizokuo12 View Post
    Is Enigma in bottom 5?
    Haven't follow that manga for a long time but I remember it got a good start... Did it go down like Psyren?
    Nope, it's sixth from bottom, narrowly missing the bottom 5. I'm not sure if the current translation is very up to date so I can't pinpoint at which chapter this happens, but I think it should be okay...maybe it's not as good as my initial impression and there's some things I'm not too hot on, but I don't think it has really jumped the shark yet. I hope it's just a one time thing though, it seems like this have potential not to be buried so soon like many others.
    Last edited by Saturn Beaver; June 1st, 2011 at 12:59 PM.

It's been in the lower half for a while now, actualy.

Quote Originally Posted by IceBorg View Post
    That top 3 is the best.
    You and vorlianis are both 100% correct

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Benjaman View Post
    This week surprises: -Reborn. 4th place, really?!

This week no surprises: Bleach in the 10th place. Stay there where u belong.
    It deserves lower. And so does Reborn for that matter (although admittedly I am being a bandwagoner with that series but I've been told enough to know it sucks)

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Thousand Lion-san View Post
    So then when does chapter 106 of Beelzebub get ranked because when that chapter is ranked I will accept nothing less than 2nd place.
    My Hero Academia is my favorite manga series right now. At least so long as the high of its greatness remains. United States of Smash.

expect Reborn to perk up in the next few weeks. 8 weeks ago Tsuna was fighting Enma, and then right after that Mukurou came back, so that'll make rankings.

Quote Originally Posted by vorlianis View Post
    Guys, Bleach actually went up you know since last time it was ranked. It was 12th back then.
    It's probably 12th now since Naruto and Gintama were both unranked and they both almost certainly will rank higher than Bleach.
    My Hero Academia is my favorite manga series right now. At least so long as the high of its greatness remains. United States of Smash.

Quote Originally Posted by Kareem Said View Post
    It's probably 12th now since Naruto and Gintama were both unranked and they both almost certainly will rank higher than Bleach.
    Well we can only hope it will plummet further, i actually just read his previous manga Zombie Powder today and i'm simply surprised how he could make something as bad as this.
    I wish Kubo got a wakeup call and got his passion back when he made ZP.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
    Nope, it's sixth from bottom, narrowly missing the bottom 5. I'm not sure if the current translation is very up to date so I can't pinpoint at which chapter this happens, but I think it should be okay...maybe it's not as good as my initial impression and there's some things I'm not too hot on, but I don't think it has really jumped the shark yet. I hope it's just a one time thing though, it seems like this have potential not to be buried so soon like many others.
    Enigma is up to chapter 34 right now.

I still read it, just to follow, but to be honest the artificial two dimensional characterization of protagonists, cheesy over drama, and unattractive plot makes it one of the least impressive work in Jump, IMO. The shounen manga elements are forced into the unfitting atmosphere, and it shows. It's not impossible to seamlessly weave shounen manga elements into this type of manga, but alas, she's not talented enough to pull it off without looking like a mess.

............ but it's still miles more interesting than Bleach.
    Which is odd considering I think Kubo is way better than her in characterization and pace of speech. It's just not enough to save his work.

The main reason we get so happy by Bleach barely making the top ten (or lower) is an indication that even Japanese 12 year olds are getting fed up with this crap and (at least in terms of manga rankings) Bleach is no longer one of Jump's heavy hitters it's not top 3 or even 5 anymore and it's been consistently ranking much lower than in the past. Hopefully this will translate into volume sales, in fact it most likely will and hopefully Shueisha will start to notice this. The series probably won't get cancelled within the year (it may never get cancelled as sad as that it is) because it's still a huge franchise with the anime, video games, figures and all that crap but Shueisha (and the companies that sponsor Bleach's other products) will probably notice that the manga (which is one of the most profitable aspects of the franchise) is dropping in popularity.

And no matter what. That will be noted. God knows what they'll decide about the issue, but I imagine they'll probably do something they can't just sid idly be and see the rankings (and as a consequence, volume sales) continue to drop.

Mangazone, it seems like they got the early relases of One Piece Naruto and Bleach raws that Red Hawk dissmissed last week. Their splash page is a direct diss at Mangastream.

We just have to see their translation.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

I really wish all these new scanlation teams jumping on the big three, four, five, whatever shonen bandwagons would instead work on some other stuff that's behind like Gintama or Sket Dance, or Enigma, or something.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Trans were pretty superior to the mangastream version except for one very silly mistake but this can be mostly blamed for the translator's inexperience with the series rather than any language problems.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information