+ Reply to Thread
Page 823 of 844 FirstFirst ... 323 723 773 813 821 822 823 824 825 833 ... LastLast
Results 16,441 to 16,460 of 16867

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

King of Little Sisters ~ Chrior's Avatar

Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

Agreed, Mitama was the best 2019 series in WSJ. The comedy was actually pretty good and there were some nice "aww, how sweet" moments too. Shame.

The Act Age incident makes my blood boil. I'm glad Jump took a proper stance THIS TIME and I wish the artist all the best.
    The writer is actually retarded for doing what he did and I'm glad the girls stood up for themselves.
    What a shitstorm.
    All I have is sympathy for the artist and her fans.

Good that they did the right thing this time at least. Sucks for the artist, though. I wonder if she could've (or would've even wanted to) continued writing it herself. Though I guess the series has his stench on it now.

Quote Originally Posted by zeltrax225 View Post
    The Act Age incident makes my blood boil. I'm glad Jump took a proper stance THIS TIME and I wish the artist all the best.
    The writer is actually retarded for doing what he did and I'm glad the girls stood up for themselves.
    What a shitstorm.
    All I have is sympathy for the artist and her fans.
    You shouldn't use this kind of abelist language.

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3762-9083

Quote Originally Posted by MarcelloF View Post
    I wonder if she could've (or would've even wanted to) continued writing it herself.
    I'm not sure about that part. It isn't really easy to take over right in the middle of serialization, especially we don't know Shiro's writing skill.

Besides, now that the cat is out of the bag, the teenage protagonist of act age was harboring feelings of affection to her 30+ director, that she could not understand because her weird personality or lack of human emotion.

There is also the fact that carrying on with the story also pushes the pervert forward, and maybe she couldn’t do it even if she wanted it because the legalese of the contract.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    Besides, now that the cat is out of the bag, the teenage protagonist of act age was harboring feelings of affection to her 30+ director, that she could not understand because her weird personality or lack of human emotion.
    Yeah, I really hated that it got into this route. Reminded me of how I disliked Ane Doki.

Act-Age was becoming one of my favorite manga, and to see it all go to waste because of what the writer did is just really sad to see. Kei Yonagi was becoming one of my favorite characters, and I was even looking forward to an anime adaptation but unfortunately it won't happen anymore. Because of the writer's stupid actions he ruined his career, probably ruined the illustrator's career, ruined and tainted Act-Age and ruined the potential future of the series.

I'm just wondering what Viz is going to do with the upcoming volume releases, will they still release them or will they just cancel it?

Quote Originally Posted by MarcelloF View Post
    You shouldn't use this kind of abelist language.
    Could you elaborate? I'm not seeing what zeltrax said that could be taken as enabling the writer's behavior.

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

I think he meant my use of the word retarded.
    Taken out of context it could be abeist but in this case I'm pretty sure it's an informal use not meant to trigger anyone.
    Unless of course, in his mind he associate being a molestor and a near pedophile with the disadvantaged, but that's really not on me is it.

Viz removed the pre-orders for volumes 2 and 3 of Act-Age on their website, however Amazon still has it up on their site.

Sad to see Ghost Writer placing at the bottom. The art was good and the premise interesting, but with the way its story is running now its clearly been giving its marching orders to wrap up its plot and end in 8 chapters. They botched the main character from the getgo and didn't really get in that Bakuman creative energy it seemed to promise, so its not super shocking.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

I'd remember the day when i was so pretty bored and decided to give a minimal chance to two series of wsj after so many dissapointments, and cheered after 20 chaps because one of them didn't dissapointed me, obviously it was Act-Age ;_;

Fuck!

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

There is also the fact that carrying on with the story also pushes the pervert forward, and maybe she couldn’t do it even if she wanted it because the legalese of the contract.
    Yonagi didn't have a father, that's pretty much the reason for that, dude.
    Nothing exists; even if something exists, nothing can be known about it. Even if something can be known about it,
    knowledge about it can't be communicated to others
    . Even if it can be communicated, it cannot be understood.

Oh, so the manga actually sort of reflected that? I keep getting shit whenever I bring up that the manga/anime industry is always supporting a pedophilic-ish sexual drive and getting away with it (I mean, makes a lot of sense for Shueisha to cancel a manga written by a sexual abuser at the same issue they are making money out of readers horny over things like this), so it's interesting to see such a perfect book example.

Anime industry is always trying to make their consumers get hard over teens/pre-teen girls (oh, but it doesn't count because she is actually a 400yo dragon who just looks like a 5yo kid :D), and those readers are fed that from their 11 to their... well, until they outgrow anime, really, which in some cases is never. Then someone who grew eating this shit night and day for decades turn out to be a pedophile and is all "let's make clear we don't support this crap".

3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Welp, time for me to cry again.

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    Oh, so the manga actually sort of reflected that? I keep getting shit whenever I bring up that the manga/anime industry is always supporting a pedophilic-ish sexual drive and getting away with it (I mean, makes a lot of sense for Shueisha to cancel a manga written by a sexual abuser at the same issue they are making money out of readers horny over things like this), so it's interesting to see such a perfect book example.

Anime industry is always trying to make their consumers get hard over teens/pre-teen girls (oh, but it doesn't count because she is actually a 400yo dragon who just looks like a 5yo kid :D), and those readers are fed that from their 11 to their... well, until they outgrow anime, really, which in some cases is never. Then someone who grew eating this shit night and day for decades turn out to be a pedophile and is all "let's make clear we don't support this crap".
    It's because Japan, with its conventional and traditional customs and social rules finds the High school life the brightest moments of their life.
    University and work life balance? Hahahahahaha.
    Those who missed out on a normal lifestyle during high school have their urges surpassed and their golden moment passed them by.
    That's where you get your Loli manag sales figure from the salarymen who grind to death at work and wishing they could go back in time and the neets who never grew past a certain mental age.
    This country has issues but hey, cute girls amiright

This Week's Jump Comic Sales:

01. Haikyuu!! #44 (345,258)
    03. Jujutsu Kaisen #12 (162,727)
    04. Chainsaw-man #8 (124,568)
    05. Dragon Ball Super #13 (112,997)
    06. D.Gray-man #27 (111,073)
    07. Kimetsu no Yaiba #21 (72,485 / 1,961,067)
    08. Shuumatsu no Harem #12 (56,030)
    10. Boku-tachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai #18 (52,258)
    11. Shin Tennis no Oujisama #30 (51,792)
    14. Kimetsu no Yaiba #20 (41,516 / 2,099,362)
    16. Kimetsu no Yaiba #19 (40,741 / 3,551,939)
    17. Kimetsu no Yaiba #1 (38,234 / 3,835,988)
    18. Kimetsu no Yaiba #8 (38,119 / 3,764,778)
    19. Kimetsu no Yaiba #18 (37,788 / 3,710,105)
    20. Kimetsu no Yaiba #7 (37,138 / 3,758,420)
    21. Kimetsu no Yaiba #12 (36,953 / 3,724,457)
    22. Kimetsu no Yaiba #11 (36,876 / 3,728,818)
    23. Kimetsu no Yaiba #9 (36,840 / 3,739,397)
    24. Kimetsu no Yaiba #17 (36,831 / 3,679,515)
    25. Kimetsu no Yaiba #10 (36,675 / 3,724,763)
    26. Kimetsu no Yaiba #14 (36,672 / 3,690,166)
    27. Kimetsu no Yaiba #15 (36,546 / 3,665,044)
    28. Kimetsu no Yaiba #13 (36,482 / 3,697,580)
    29. Kimetsu no Yaiba #6 (36,316 / 3,623,514)
    30. Kimetsu no Yaiba #16 (36,271 / 3,664,239)
    31. Kimetsu no Yaiba #3 (36,019 / 3,676,933)
    33. Kimetsu no Yaiba #5 (35,659 / 3,619,542)
    34. Kimetsu no Yaiba #4 (35,515 / 3,633,221)
    36. Kimetsu no Yaiba #2 (34,403 / 3,731,728)
    38. Shuumatsu no Harem Fantasia #5 (30,474)
    39. Kimetsu no Yaiba Special Edition #21 (29,265 / 1,260,862)
    41. Mashle #2 (25,667)
    42. Spy×Family #4 (24,110 / 783,013)
    47. Yakusoku no Neverland #19 (19,926 / 552,963)
    48. Spy×Family #2 (19,527 / 962,683)

Shounen Jump Issue 36/37 Color Pages:
    Hidden:

One Piece

Boku no Hero Academia

Jujutsu Kaisen

Grand Jump Issue 17:
    Saikyou no Bengoshi (Cover, Lead CP, New Series)
    Play Ball 2
    Adabana
    Dr. Que²n/ch (CP)
    Black Tiger
    Amai Seikatsu 2nd Season
    Yutori Yakuza
    Umi wo Watarube
    Draft King (CP, 2 Chapters)
    Shirosaki Ichigo wa Kotowarenai (One Shot)

Uramiya Honpo Worst
    Strike or Gutter
    Raise Dewa Chanto Shimasu
    Funouhan
    Furin Shokudou
    Ousama no Shitateya

Shrink, Million Dollar Digger (Absent)

Grand Jump Issue 18:
    Cover: Adabana
    Lead CP: Border 66 (Change to Regular Serialization)
    CP: Furin Shokudou

Hidden:

Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post

While Im glad the series is done and I agree with most other posters in the subject this one here is the equivalent of someone blaming videogames for a school shooting, as a following post already quite well explained japanese culture over the subject, you also dont get to be racist and ignorant of other countries just because you lack understanding of their own context, and historically just like a texan blaming games in order to keep his guns its usually someone guilty of actual crimes in the subject matter that does the "agressive blame foreign culture and its media products for actual crimes and social issues" game even when its clearly not the case (as other poster explained already)

Quote Originally Posted by samsorangoss View Post
    as a following post already quite well explained japanese culture over the subject
    If you are talking about zeltrax's post, you really need to calibrate your irony-meter.

Also "you also dont get to be racist and ignorant of other countries just because you lack understanding of their own context". Newsflash: Japan is not just anime. Try not reducing a country, its culture and history just to a segment of entertainment industry (see, I can also play this disingenuous card).

I should have kept the ironic bit at the end of my post about "But god forbid your bringing this up without summoning some 'this is like saying violent games urh durh'-level commenters". Scraped it out of trust for our users, failed to consider the urge to spit this commonplace argument could actually force a lurker to register.

Regarding Act-Age:
    • No more volumes will be released. Volumes 1 to 12 won't have any more prints for an indefinite period of time.
    • All digital distribution of the series will stop in any bookstore, from third parties to Shonen Jump+ and Jump BOOK Store.
    • For every planned project that includes applicants, merch will be shipped as scheduled even if they can be canceled.
    • act-age's Official 2021 Calendar will be discontinued. All reservations in Jump Store will be refunded and other customers should contact their bookstores.
    • Natsucomi's Photo Contest for act-age will be discontinued. Those selected will be able to re-entry for another series.
    • Rakujou's DVD Box present in commemoration of Volume 12 release will be canceled. All winners will have a replacement product sent in compensation.
    • Jump Shop's 366 Day Stickers for act-age scheduled for release on August 30th will be discontinued.
      https://twitter.com/WSJ_manga/status...02461117337603

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information