Binbin Fukufuku Nazuna-sama!
    Libidors
    Shadows House
    Yoshitosa Eiyuu-tan (One Shot)
    MoMo
    All Right!
    Maid in Hikkomuuuuse
    Abaku Mono!

Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai, Kowloon Generic Romance, 【Oshi no Ko】, Futari Bocchi no Otassa no Hime (Absent)

Young Jump Issue 33/34:
    Lead CP: 【Oshi no Ko】
    CP: Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai, Kowloon Generic Romance

Hidden:

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

People are saying Jump is bad sport right now, but I feel like people need to chill down and be patient. People forgot that Jump still have several bullets on their hand right now (AA, JJK, and CSM) and upcoiming new series (especially for UU and Mashle). So, unless those are backfired, people need to patiently wait little bit longer.

King of Little Sisters ~ Chrior's Avatar

Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    And talking about Jump+ is not irrelevant since the future of edition will be made by digital edition. And if jump as we know it disappears, it will be because of that, not because of a lack of successful titles
    But that is exactly my point. The end of One Piece is looking increasingly likely to be the end of WEEKLY SHONEN JUMP AS WE KNOW IT. As a weekly physical manga magazine that sells millions of copies since the 1950s. The future is Jump+ and similar digital apps. And the future is probably not weekly. People have discussed over and over again the pitfalls of doing weekly series and how that destroys almost every series over time, even those with amazing starts. One Piece is a mega exception that manages to maintain an incredible level of coherence and flow over decades of weekly publishing. And it looks like it's a phenomenon that is not going to be repeated anytime soon. Not to mention Oda has to be one of the last authors that still does the whole writing and drawing processes analog, which is harming his ability to put out chapters with the current COVID-limitations. This is not the end of Shueisha, nor the end of manga as we know it. We are living through the transformation of the industry in a super conservative Japan, that took a long time to start adapting. But this change is inevitable and WSJ is apparently taking big hits from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrior View Post
    But that is exactly my point. The end of One Piece is looking increasingly likely to be the end of WEEKLY SHONEN JUMP AS WE KNOW IT. As a weekly physical manga magazine that sells millions of copies since the 1950s. The future is Jump+ and similar digital apps. And the future is probably not weekly. People have discussed over and over again the pitfalls of doing weekly series and how that destroys almost every series over time, even those with amazing starts. One Piece is a mega exception that manages to maintain an incredible level of coherence and flow over decades of weekly publishing. And it looks like it's a phenomenon that is not going to be repeated anytime soon. Not to mention Oda has to be one of the last authors that still does the whole writing and drawing processes analog, which is harming his ability to put out chapters with the current COVID-limitations. This is not the end of Shueisha, nor the end of manga as we know it. We are living through the transformation of the industry in a super conservative Japan, that took a long time to start adapting. But this change is inevitable and WSJ is apparently taking big hits from it.
    Well, we're not sure whether the end of OP leads to end of WSJ. Since after the success of Kimetsu, there is still possibility about Jump can make another mega-hit series in future. I know it is like VEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEERY difficult, but the possibility isn't absolutely zero.

Well, to be fair One Piece is an exceptional series. You probably won't find another like it in decades. The Jump will be different, yes, it has existed for many years and it has survived without One Piece, there will be another fantastic series (even if not as good as this one).

And it seems they've started to look for authors all over the world, in order to maximize its probabilities of another big big hit. I don't think they've been complacent at all.

Quote Originally Posted by imperioonepiece View Post
    And it seems they've started to look for authors all over the world, in order to maximize its probabilities of another big big hit. I don't think they've been complacent at all.
    Plus, people seem to forget that they still have young series which still holds potentials. Yet, people only talk about OP, Hero Academia and Black Clover.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

This Week's Jump Comic Sales:

01. Kimetsu no Yaiba #21 (1,191,086)
    02. Kimetsu no Yaiba Special Edition #21 (850,091)
    03. Boku no Hero Academia #27 (253,473)
    04. Yakusoku no Neverland #19 (247,671)
    06. Kimetsu no Yaiba #20 (96,218 / 1,859,254)
    07. Dr. Stone #16 (89,044)
    08. Black Clover #25 (80,781)
    11. Kimetsu no Yaiba #19 (70,763 / 3,325,654)
    12. Act-Age #12 (67,180)
    14. Kimetsu no Yaiba #1 (62,945 / 3,627,690)
    15. Kimetsu no Yaiba #18 (62,442 / 3,500,920)
    16. Kimetsu no Yaiba #8 (61,862 / 3,551,371)
    17. Kimetsu no Yaiba #7 (60,160 / 3,547,117)
    18. Kimetsu no Yaiba #2 (59,754 / 3,533,155)
    19. Kimetsu no Yaiba #17 (58,938 / 3,473,551)
    20. Kimetsu no Yaiba #9 (58,884 / 3,530,285)
    21. Kimetsu no Yaiba #10 (58,516 / 3,513,103)
    22. Kimetsu no Yaiba #11 (56,969 / 3,519,566)
    23. Kimetsu no Yaiba #12 (56,959 / 3,515,075)
    24. Kimetsu no Yaiba #3 (56,903 / 3,477,613)
    25. Kimetsu no Yaiba #16 (56,722 / 3,458,857)
    26. Kimetsu no Yaiba #14 (56,711 / 3,482,789)
    27. Kimetsu no Yaiba #15 (56,595 / 3,459,154)
    28. Kimetsu no Yaiba #13 (55,320 / 3,490,552)
    29. Kimetsu no Yaiba #4 (55,185 / 3,435,363)
    30. Kimetsu no Yaiba #5 (54,629 / 3,421,665)
    31. Kimetsu no Yaiba #6 (54,307 / 3,423,417)
    37. Yuukoku no Moriarty #12 (33,498)
    38. Sousei no Onmyouji #22 (33,336)
    40. Kimetsu no Yaiba Special Edition #20 (31,051 / 1,413,383)
    43. Spy×Family #4 (27,581 / 655,178)
    50. Spy×Family #1 (19,679 / 941,787)

I don't know if you read some comics on Webtoon but those are weekly too and they are not made by Japanese but by people from all over the world so the end of weekly series is not here yet.
    There is even that very funny one 'Unlucky is as Lucky does' which is biweekly. The difference is that they make seasons so that the authors can make pauses which I think is a good idea.

And the end of One Piece will not be the end of Jump. It will be the end of its most successful and one of his longest serie. That's all. It will have other good and successful series. And one does not need to sell 2 millions copies a volume to be called successful
    A change I can see is that we would have shortest series because it is that which arms them more than the fact they are weekly.

One Piece has, at the very least, 5 years left before it ends. I think it's too early to theorize what the state of the magazine will be by that time. 5 is more than enough time to find a couple of MHA level hits that would justify the continuous existance of the magazine. As a point of reference, in the last 5 years the magazine started (and in some cases ended) Black Clover, Yuuna, Yaiba, Neverland, WNL, Dr Stone, Act Age, Jujutsu and Chainsawman.

I'm not sure if anyone in these threads would know any of this stuff but I've been trying to look for old Weekly Shonen Jump discussion threads from decades past and found a lot of them have disappeared and don't seem to be archived. So, barring anyone knowing where there are good catalogs of this stuff that preserve images and links and the like, I have a specific question about Weekly Shonen Jump 2006 #42. It was Kochikame's 30th anniversary and as a tribute every manga had Ryo-san cameo somewhere in the chapter. Now some of these survived into the tankobon versions of the manga but some were edited out, I own the issue and was able to find Ryotsu in every chapter except for one. Some were cool, some were lazy and some were almost impossible to find (I never would have found the Naruto one without the Naruto wiki and Muhyo took me many tries) but the one that seems impossible is Bleach and the Bleach wiki is useless for trivia. Does anyone know if he was the one author to refuse to do it or am I blind? The chapter (243) doesn't have any backgrounds or really much going on at all so there aren't even places to hide but even if there was a cameo I suspect it was edited out of the tankobon (like Naruto).

First advice, is to check your dates well, as Bleach had their whole "Let's use negative numbers for flashbacks!" so you could be looking on a few chapters early or late. But the color pages in the wiki matches up with the bleach covers on the chapters 239 and 247.

For something this old, jump online will for sure use the volume version.

Found the spoiler thread on mangahelpers, but they don't let me read without login in, https://mangahelpers.com/forum/threads/243-discussions-bleach.4473/

http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=13261&page=73 Nothing on our side as well.

I remember that Gintama did the whole eyebrow zombie arc, and that Ryotsu was in the crowd of marines on Eines Loby.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    First advice, is to check your dates well, as Bleach had their whole "Let's use negative numbers for flashbacks!" so you could be looking on a few chapters early or late. But the color pages in the wiki matches up with the bleach covers on the chapters 239 and 247.

For something this old, jump online will for sure use the volume version.

Found the spoiler thread on mangahelpers, but they don't let me read without login in, https://mangahelpers.com/forum/threads/243-discussions-bleach.4473/

http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=13261&page=73 Nothing on our side as well.

I remember that Gintama did the whole eyebrow zombie arc, and that Ryotsu was in the crowd of marines on Eines Loby.
    Thank you for replying, I wasn't able to find anything of interest in the mangahelpers thread but I realize Bleach fans (especially of that era) probably had no interest in Kochikame. I do own the physical issue so it is Bleach 243, The Knuckle and the Arrow, but as I suspected there was a sheet with the answers that I think may have been lost (part of the problem of buying used copies) or included with something else because I can't find it in my copy but I accidentally did find one online.

It turns out his Bleach cameo was as an incredibly small face on the pants of Ishida on the chapter cover, I can't decide if that was clever or annoying because it's removed in the volume version anyway. I think if you're going to take such extreme efforts to not let the cameo appear in the chapter, you should at least preserve it. Otherwise what was the point in making it such a small easter egg. D.Gray-man's cameo was definitely the most lazy because he didn't appear in the chapter but just in the margin of one page and then in the volume that's just a blank white space. I think the only cameos that got erased in the volumes were Naruto, Bleach and D.Gray-man who already worked the hardest to not include it in the first place. Someday I'll have to check who removed the cameos of his eyebrows in every series in 2016 and who removed Luffy's straw hat cameo that appeared in every series in 2017.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information