+ Reply to Thread
Page 77 of 844 FirstFirst ... 27 67 75 76 77 78 79 87 127 177 577 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 16867

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

  1. #1521
    S+ Rated Ghoul Kareem Said's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Gotham City

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by choperman View Post
    I don't know at least Bleach was really good at one point, it's just after bsoul society it became a giant piece of shit, shaman king was far worse, every villain was redeemed, no one died, big HAX boss, fan girl bait

    I like Bleach better cause at one point I loved it, and I still love some characters
    I remember I liked the first 20 volumes of Bleach a lot... when I was 13, and it was one of my first manga. So I've wondered if I read it again would it still hold up. Because I loved Naruto, it was the first anime/manga I ever experienced when I was about 11 or 12 and so I finally re-read part one, and even though I've become much older, I still loved it. Maybe that was the nostalgia but I still thought it was really good. So I've always wondered if it'll be the same thing with Bleach. Would the "good parts" of Bleach still be good. So I have to wonder Choperman, how old were you when you read early volumes and Soul Society arc of Bleach? And would you say I should still make a go for reading the "good parts" of Bleach.
    My Hero Academia is my favorite manga series right now. At least so long as the high of its greatness remains. United States of Smash.

  2. #1522

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Shaman king issues were:
    - The pointlessnes of death
    - HAO, the fact that he was too powerfull, and revealed as such so early, and his backstory as well
    - The fact that the tournament became a joke
    - The introduction of powers that were never used. How many times did ren the field of blades thingie? like 2?
    - Anna having no ambition to win the Shaman Fight, without reason, even when she was stronger than Yoh
    - The stangnation of every character once they got to patch island, like 2 or 3 character development for the main cast during... 150 chapters
    - The Patch being useless, if they were capable of getting as serious as in the plants, why didn't they do that with the transgresors of the rules?
    - Leaving behind the furyoukou system just to later bring it back and make everything a battle of numbers
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

  3. #1523

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Kareem Said View Post
    I remember I liked the first 20 volumes of Bleach a lot... when I was 13, and it was one of my first manga. So I've wondered if I read it again would it still hold up. Because I loved Naruto, it was the first anime/manga I ever experienced when I was about 11 or 12 and so I finally re-read part one, and even though I've become much older, I still loved it. Maybe that was the nostalgia but I still thought it was really good. So I've always wondered if it'll be the same thing with Bleach. Would the "good parts" of Bleach still be good. So I have to wonder Choperman, how old were you when you read early volumes and Soul Society arc of Bleach? And would you say I should still make a go for reading the "good parts" of Bleach.
    I re-read parts of Soul Society an it's obvious kubo was making that up as he went along. Alot of people would say that SS is the best arc in bleach which is true but that doesn't change the fact that alot of what happened seemed to be made up at the last moment. To me Kubo was just a little more carefull during that time period an probably thought things out before writing them. Now he probably just writes whatever he feels like writing.

    Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    Shaman king issues were:
    - The pointlessnes of death
    - HAO, the fact that he was too powerfull, and revealed as such so early, and his backstory as well
    - The fact that the tournament became a joke
    - The introduction of powers that were never used. How many times did ren the field of blades thingie? like 2?
    - Anna having no ambition to win the Shaman Fight, without reason, even when she was stronger than Yoh
    - The stangnation of every character once they got to patch island, like 2 or 3 character development for the main cast during... 150 chapters
    - The Patch being useless, if they were capable of getting as serious as in the plants, why didn't they do that with the transgresors of the rules?
    - Leaving behind the furyoukou system just to later bring it back and make everything a battle of numbers
    That infact did annoy me, cause at times it would begin to feel like the author wanted you to be concerned for character A's well being when he would be brought back from the dead XX chapters later. Granted some characters died and stayed dead once killed.
    Member of Negima is Super Awesome
    MY YOUTUBE channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Mcwhirlpoolinc?feature=mhee

  4. #1524

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Kubo don't write. He just put whatever he think is cool together and the fans thinks it is the best writing ever.
    but i like the arc before SS arc. it feel like Kubo actually trying to create his own manga that time.

  5. #1525

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    The best arc of Bleach in my opinion was the conflict with Grand Fisher prior to Soul Society.

    As much as I strongly dislike Bleach nowadays, I can still reread that part over and over again.
    Last edited by RPGJay; May 13th, 2011 at 08:17 AM.

  6. #1526

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverblade View Post
    P.S. On the topic of old ToCs: biwa.ne.jp has all the ToC from years 1968-2003, and hamada.tsukaeru.info has years 1999-2011.
    thanks for sharing the links
    "Happily ever after is so once upon a time"
    ____________________________
    thanks Samwize78 for the avatar

  7. #1527

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by RPGJay View Post
    The best arc of Bleach in my opinion was the conflict with Fisher Tiger prior to Soul Society.

    As much as I strongly dislike Bleach nowadays, I can still reread that part over and over again.
    Ahem... Grand Fisher.
    3DS FC: 0087 - 2971 - 9910

  8. #1528

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Holy shit I didn't even realize that. XD

    I'll fix that.

  9. #1529

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    When I read the SS arc again Bleach had almost the exact same problems as it did now, they just weren't as bad. Every problem people have with the later arcs shows up in some form, except for maybe one or two.

  10. #1530

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Bleach basically kept gaining more problems. At first it was pretty generic aside from Hollow designs, and the characters needed more to them to be likeable. Most characters had no motivation for what they did and just kind of did it. Grand Fisher actually made Ichigo considerably more likeable for a moment, and gave him a reason for being a pseudo-shinigami. Characters being entirely a single quirk or bland nothings wasn't as apparent as they were just being introduced and felt fresh.

    SS started the introducing large amounts of bland characters to bloat the cast, Ichigo's singular attack, Ichigo always losing from Byakuya on until his hollow powers save his ass, back attack panels, the lack of character development becoming apparent, similar character designs becoming apparent, and clearly making things up as they go. Not to mention SS captains being introduced as mostly assholes with a nice guy or two and the Bleach afterlife being in feudal slums.

    And then the Arrancar arc brought even more faux coolness, making things up as they go, bland characters, cast bloating, lack of character development, etc. But we had Aizen for lolz.

    Fullbring arc takes all those problems up a notch and lacks Aizen lolz. No wonder the ratings are dropping. Anyone but a diehard Bleachtard would be seeing the flaws by now.


  11. #1531

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by loledinmypants View Post
    Fullbring arc takes all those problems up a notch and lacks Aizen lolz. No wonder the ratings are dropping. Anyone but a diehard Bleachtard would be seeing the flaws by now.
    Say a word and I'll find you several dozen different people in their twenties posting about how deep and well written this latest arc is.

  12. #1532

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Well I also see people call One Piece's characters one dimensional yet say Bleach has the best developed characters, including Ichigo as the most likable and relatable protagonist out there. But you just can't not laugh at lines like that.

  13. #1533

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Let me rephrase: Anyone who doesn't have the intelligence of the Fullbringers would see Bleach's flaws by now. So seeing the ratings drop until fanbaiting characters like Shrimpo are brought back in doesn't surprise me.


  14. #1534

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    But you have Yukio or whatever that kid is called, and this latest chapter he got some wide-eyes closeups.

    So expect ratings to go up.

  15. #1535
    S+ Rated Ghoul Kareem Said's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Gotham City

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by GEPPETTOSMONSTER View Post
    I re-read parts of Soul Society an it's obvious kubo was making that up as he went along. Alot of people would say that SS is the best arc in bleach which is true but that doesn't change the fact that alot of what happened seemed to be made up at the last moment. To me Kubo was just a little more carefull during that time period an probably thought things out before writing them. Now he probably just writes whatever he feels like writing.
    I'm not doubting you Gepetto but can you come up with specific examples of Kubo not planning things out? I can actually come up with a few myself even though I haven't read it in a while. Why did Aizen want Rukia again? Was it ever properly explained? Seriously I just don't remember, I don't know if there even was a reason. And Byakuya really loved Rukia deep down huh? So much that he was willing to let her be executed and be a complete asshole and nearly kill everyone who tried to save her. When I was a kid I accepted it, but now that I'm almost graduating junior year of high school, it really doesn't make any sense. Maybe there are proper explanations somewhere in there, but somehow I doubt it. Any other examples?
    My Hero Academia is my favorite manga series right now. At least so long as the high of its greatness remains. United States of Smash.

  16. #1536
    DON'T EVER BLINK. Sniper King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    I live on the star NML Cygni.

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    People I hang out with at school are saying that Naruto and Bleach are getting real good because Naruto's about to join the war and Ichigo got his powers back again....

    And I'm sad...

  17. #1537
    is Stolen Silence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In a state of mind

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Kareem Said View Post
    I'm not doubting you Gepetto but can you come up with specific examples of Kubo not planning things out? I can actually come up with a few myself even though I haven't read it in a while. Why did Aizen want Rukia again? Was it ever properly explained? Seriously I just don't remember, I don't know if there even was a reason. And Byakuya really loved Rukia deep down huh? So much that he was willing to let her be executed and be a complete asshole and nearly kill everyone who tried to save her. When I was a kid I accepted it, but now that I'm almost graduating junior year of high school, it really doesn't make any sense. Maybe there are proper explanations somewhere in there, but somehow I doubt it. Any other examples?
    Kubo has said in interviews both that he:

    a) didn't know that Aizen would be the villain when he killed him.

    b) didn't even know what Aizen meant when he wrote him saying "I've known all about you since you were born."

    Ruminate on that for a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    There's a great lighthearted vibe around here, because no matter how serious we might get, we're all together because of some magical pirate.

  18. #1538
    S+ Rated Ghoul Kareem Said's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Gotham City

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Sniper King View Post
    People I hang out with at school are saying that Naruto and Bleach are getting real good because Naruto's about to join the war and Ichigo got his powers back again....

    And I'm sad...
    They should read Toriko and Beelzebub, then they would know what truly epic chapters are from the most recent Toriko chapter and the second most recent Beelzebub chapter.

    Toriko and Beelzebub! They (hopefully) will not go the route of Naruto and Bleach! (Although Bleach was never really that great to begin with, lol)
    My Hero Academia is my favorite manga series right now. At least so long as the high of its greatness remains. United States of Smash.

  19. #1539
    DON'T EVER BLINK. Sniper King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    I live on the star NML Cygni.

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Kareem Said View Post
    They should read Toriko and Beelzebub, then they would know what truly epic chapters are from the most recent Toriko chapter and the second most recent Beelzebub chapter.

    Toriko and Beelzebub! They (hopefully) will not go the route of Naruto and Bleach! (Although Bleach was never really that great to begin with, lol)
    I dunno, I thought Bleach was great in the first volumes.
    It started to get shitty towards the end of the SS arc for me.
    Ya know, when there was a buncha Deus Ex Machina's and stuff.

  20. #1540
    Just as planned choperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Right Behind you! MWHAHAHA

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Kareem Said View Post
    I remember I liked the first 20 volumes of Bleach a lot... when I was 13, and it was one of my first manga. So I've wondered if I read it again would it still hold up. Because I loved Naruto, it was the first anime/manga I ever experienced when I was about 11 or 12 and so I finally re-read part one, and even though I've become much older, I still loved it. Maybe that was the nostalgia but I still thought it was really good. So I've always wondered if it'll be the same thing with Bleach. Would the "good parts" of Bleach still be good. So I have to wonder Choperman, how old were you when you read early volumes and Soul Society arc of Bleach? And would you say I should still make a go for reading the "good parts" of Bleach.
    I still personally love the first 20 volumes, I have them and read them now and then, of course there was more chad and kenpachi then, and ichigo wasn't terrible, and orhime was funny, as was the rest of the cast..... now I just really put myself down :(

    but yeah I think the first 20 are good then shit hits the fan, oh yeah and aizen being the main villain was apparently decided last minute as it really was meant to be gin, or so I've heard

    Quote Originally Posted by Kareem Said View Post
    They should read Toriko and Beelzebub, then they would know what truly epic chapters are from the most recent Toriko chapter and the second most recent Beelzebub chapter.

    Toriko and Beelzebub! They (hopefully) will not go the route of Naruto and Bleach! (Although Bleach was never really that great to begin with, lol)
    Hell yeah you tell them!!! I'm banking on these two being great, I'm trying to find/make a sig that will promote these two series

    Member of Beelzebub is Freakin' Awesome Group
    what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts