+ Reply to Thread
Page 767 of 777 FirstFirst ... 267 667 717 757 765 766 767 768 769 ... LastLast
Results 15,321 to 15,340 of 15536

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by auem View Post
    It was most likely they were asked to choose from past jump characters, not necessarily there favourite ones. Horikoshi is well know Naruto admirer, but i bet there were others who would have preferred to choose one from Dragon Ball even after Goku was 'taken' by Oda. But the editors perhaps decided to allow one character per manga only.
    That cover is based on the favorite characters for current ongoing authors. So, they most likely select more than one characters in order to not being overlap with others.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Here are the authors' comments for Issue 33 cover:

Hidden:

Also, here is more information about which authors choose which character:

- Tsukuda Yuuto (story author of Shokugeki no Souma) = Shindou Hikaru (from Hikaru no Go)
    - Shirai Kaiu (story author of Yakusoku no Neverland) = Bruno Bucciarati (from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure)
    - Inagaki Riichirou (story author of Dr. Stone) = Aida Nukesaku (from Tsuide ni Tonchinkan)
    - Matsuki Tatsuya (story author of Act-Age) = Kojima Mizuiro (from Bleach)

Here are the special illustrations from Jump authors to celebrate Jump's 50th year anniversary:

Hidden:

Last edited by Kaizou 10; July 12th, 2018 at 10:32 AM.

Shounen Jump Issue 34 Preview:
    Hidden:

Is that Sanji draw by Tosh?

Spoiler:

All the 101 shikishis are available in high quality on Jump's website: http://www.shonenjump.com/j/50th-shikishi101/

It's kind sad to see Iwashiro Toshiaki being ignored, even Yasuhiro Kano that never had a real hit or anime is there, Psyren was published for 3 years and it has a fanbase, they should had included him.

Also, Takei must be really in bad terms with Shueisha, Nakaba that has nothing to do with Shueisha for more than a decade it's there with "The Seven Deadly Sins" in the MC's shirt but Takei was totally ignored.
    Last edited by Shinuki no Reborn; July 13th, 2018 at 03:03 PM.

Thought that City Hunter's author got shafted as well, but his other hit Cat's Eye is in there. Only double dippers are those who were on different teams, like Eyeshield21 and Dr.Stone showing up even while having the same writter.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Hidden:

Kingdom Volume 51

Riku-dou Volume 17

Tokyo Ghoul:re Volume 16 (Final)

Motoyan Volume 13

Retort Pouch! Volume 6

Snack Basue Volume 2

Yuuryou Shoujo Family Yan Volume 1

Tonari no Akujo Volume 1

Houshin Engi Gaiden〜Senkai Dousho〜

Hidden:

Jojo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 8 Jojolion Volume 18

Kishibe Rohan wa Ugokanai Volume 2

Connect Volume 5

Oukoku Monogatari Volume 1

Hidden:

Radiation House Volume 6

Ousama no Shitateya〜Fiori di Girasole〜 Volume 7 (Final)

Furin Shokudou Volume 8

Olympia Kyklos Volume 1

WTF with Olympia Kyklos?!
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

Very happy with the first episode of Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san, the adaptation of the first chapter was pretty much perfect, the art and animation were solid and the censor wasn't even annoying, if this doesn't give a nice boost in the manga sales, nothing would be able to do.

Some Sorta Bumhead, Surely Maxy B's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by auem View Post
    WTF with Olympia Kyklos?!
    It’s another time travel book by Yamazaki Mari, like Thermae Romae, this one with a Grecian pot decorator travelling to Japan’s 1964 Olympics, hence the cover. It’s one of the best Grand Jump books right now, funny weird thing that it is.

My main concern was that pe**s show in the cover though.
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

Some Sorta Bumhead, Surely Maxy B's Avatar

Yeah dude’s from Ancient Greece, gotta be naked for sports back then!
    .... the people in the present day are a bit shocked by it.
    I think Yamazaki gets away with it on the cover because it’s a little cartoony one, as well

I'd guess it has more to do with it being a classical representation. Since it's ancient greece it's okay.
    They'd probably get away with showing a full image of Michelangelo's David or Milo's Venus, since it's also art with classical roots.

Shounen Jump Issue 32 Color Pages:
    Hidden:

Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san

Hinomaru Zumou

Alice to Taiyou

Boruto

Quote Originally Posted by Shinuki no Reborn View Post
    Very happy with the first episode of Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san, the adaptation of the first chapter was pretty much perfect, the art and animation were solid and the censor wasn't even annoying, if this doesn't give a nice boost in the manga sales, nothing would be able to do.
    I thought only the volumes were uncensored.

Spoiler:

Nakano Hiroyuki (current Shounen Jump chief editor) officially announced that Shounen Jump is in danger right now since it only has one series (One Piece) which sells at least 1 million copy per volume. Nakano said that minimum 3 series which sell 1 million copy are needed in order to maintain the magazine.

What do you guys think of this?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizou 10 View Post
    Nakano Hiroyuki (current Shounen Jump chief editor) officially announced that Shounen Jump is in danger right now since it only has one series (One Piece) which sells at least 1 million copy per volume. Nakano said that minimum 3 series which sell 1 million copy are needed in order to maintain the magazine.

Does the other 3 big megazines have 3 series that sells 1 million copy per volume? Is there any other series that sells 1 million copies besides OP and AoT? Or is there some other technicality that I am not aware of?

Spoiler:

Yes, I don't know any other series that sell more than 1 million. Is it an exaggeration? Was it a joke? Or is really Jump doomed after One Piece ends?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizou 10 View Post

Source ?

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Does the other 3 big megazines have 3 series that sells 1 million copy per volume? Is there any other series that sells 1 million copies besides OP and AoT? Or is there some other technicality that I am not aware of?
    Quote Originally Posted by imperioonepiece View Post
    Yes, I don't know any other series that sell more than 1 million. Is it an exaggeration? Was it a joke? Or is really Jump doomed after One Piece ends?

Assassin Classroom was hitting a million per volume before it ended just last year. Naruto and Bleach had similar numbers though both fell off near the end, Bleach especially so. HxH hits a million whenever it does a volume about once a year. My Hero is well on its way to hitting those numbers, just give it another year or two. Haikyuu! hits a million. Boruto and Food Wars are doing 500-600 thousand.

And not in Jump. but Kingdom, One Punch Man and Seven Deadly Sins are doing those numbers.

A series selling a million copies per volume isn't unheard of, and when you combine old volumes selling throughout the year they can be much higher total. But it's hardly the standard benchpost.
    Also, there's digital sales that aren't tracked by sales list, plus merchandising and anime.

I can't imagine Jump would actually be THAT beholden to regularly *needing* three series hitting on that level, when they have a bunch that are close to it and things fluctuate. I'm pretty sure they've got to be pretty happy if something is selling 500k.
    Because of their circulation they have the best page rate in the industry, but they also assign rates based on popularity and volume sales.

Meanwhile over in american comics, it really IS dying out, The highest selling books any given month are about 100-150k for the top 5, and then it drops to 60k fast, and most of the top 100 is 20-30K.... and below that books are barely selling a few thousand, those can't be doing much more than breaking even. These are of course floppy 20 page color books full of ads priced at 3.99.
    Last edited by Robby; July 15th, 2018 at 11:45 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information