+ Reply to Thread
Page 76 of 844 FirstFirst ... 26 66 74 75 76 77 78 86 126 176 576 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 16867

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

Quote Originally Posted by No Maam View Post
    How exactly ?
    Being shaman King. By around when hao starts to burn everyone the main characters start to realize that they will fail. Everyone that states that they will become the shaman king after that point dies, horribly, and in the end hao wins.

Dreams don't matter, hard work ammounts to nothing, frienship gets them to barely survive.

In the end they barely seem happy in their life, even when they are acomplishing their respective dreams by their own power.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

I read the end and found it to be a bit bollocks that Hao became the Shaman King.

As non cliché as that is, you have a prety bland character to go with it, so it just feels wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by No Maam View Post
    I read the end and found it to be a bit bollocks that Hao became the Shaman King.

As non cliché as that is, you have a prety bland character to go with it, so it just feels wrong.
    Hao winning was set up from his apareance, but at least it should happened by the effort of the main characters, not from Anna finding his mother to scold him. Any medium could have defeated him at any time if that's what it took to stop his killing spree.

And let the characters be happy with their lives in the end!
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Sengoku Armors seems pretty disappointing. So far at least. Lame.

Shaman King was screwed for a long time, half the cast having the same dream but only one would be able to accomplish it. There was no way for it to end well. It seems like it took the worst possible ending though.

Quote Originally Posted by Robo Gorilla View Post
    Shaman King was screwed for a long time, half the cast having the same dream but only one would be able to accomplish it. There was no way for it to end well. It seems like it took the worst possible ending though.
    Did they not all try to kill each other?
    Or like...something got in their way...and they all realized that there could be only one? So they fought?
    Or some shit?

Quote Originally Posted by Robo Gorilla View Post
    Shaman King was screwed for a long time, half the cast having the same dream but only one would be able to accomplish it. There was no way for it to end well.
    Actually I've found that to be one of the more interesting parts of the series. It really did leave readers wondering how the story could come to a happy conclusion if everyone was after the same thing. Too bad it really didn't work well.

And really Hao winning could have worked. It could have been written like the main cast lost (though not easily) but at least changed Hao drastically in a logical way. It could've been a moral victory. But it wasn't done properly so I guess I'm just playing the "what if" game.

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    One Steep at the time TLS, One Steep at the Time...

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Everything that Bleach Is, Shaman King is X2.

Hax Villian.
    Fangirl Bait.
    Useless CAST.
    At least with Shaman King the author had an ending in mind, bleach is just kubo's doodle pad to write whatever he wants and draw in whatever he wants. So for me Shaman King > Bleach.
    Member of Negima is Super Awesome
    MY YOUTUBE channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Mcwhirlpoolinc?feature=mhee

Quote Originally Posted by RDarren View Post
    Issue 23 Cover

The new series is Hanasaka Ikkyuu. If you haven't read the one-shot, here is the link.
    I decided to check out the one shot of this series because the art and color scheme on this cover looked pretty cool. I liked it. It's a refreshing story and I think it has a lot of potential.

Spoiler:
    I hope the scroll goddess tags along with Ikkyuu. She would make a good traveling companion.

Quote Originally Posted by GEPPETTOSMONSTER View Post
    At least with Shaman King the author had an ending in mind, bleach is just kubo's doodle pad to write whatever he wants and draw in whatever he wants. So for me Shaman King > Bleach.
    Well, duh.

That doesn't make it all right.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

A couple of things that I found:

Kanzenban (ultimate or perfect edition, Dragon Ball, Slam Dunk, Dr Slump, Kenshin, Yu yu hakusho, Saint Seiya have them): 完全版
    Resumen (Big manga to catch up to longer manga, one piece and naruto are ALL chapters, other manga selected scenes): 総集編
    Art Books (color walks, ilustration books): イラスト集
    SW-4128-8032-0729

I'm not surprised Reborn went up in popularity. If I'm not mistaken Mukuro has been the fan favorite character for the last two polls, and if not he was at least in the top 3, so naturally the readers enjoyed this fight. And who knows, maybe they'll actually have a promising arc after this one that's about to end... Or at least we can hope.

If nothing else, I'm sure no one will disagree it deserves a front magazine spot more than Bleach :P

I can't help but laugh at Felch. I wonder if the last rankings are making Kubo lose his perennial stoicism.

lol Bleach is 11th XD

One Piece no.1 :D

Only read Volume 1 of Toriko but I'm beginning to Wonder if it will replace Bleach in the 'Big 3'

The thing that I'm hoping for is that at least it replaces bleach in the translating priority of mangastream
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Shipmate

I really hate the "Big Three" title. it's just a loud name for Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump bestsellers, a name that got popular in the western community. Nothing more to it. It seems as if it would imply something much more grand, but when you look at it, you find something called Naruto and Bleach. The worst part about it - it's not going away, at least not until Naruto is around. But when it is gone, for some time it will be gone for sure: after One Piece with its millions of sold volumes, comes Naruto with ~1000000 sales, and Bleach with 600-700 000. Everything else doesn't come close - Bakuman stays at 400-500 000 range, Gintama - 350-400 000, Reborn - 300000 and supposedly popular Toriko, Beelzebub or Nurarihyon no Mago crawl around 150-250 000.
    Wouldn't it be nice if loud titles were given to quality works? Then Jump would have something like "Big Two Plus".

This reminds me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Akamatsu
    It’s all pretty dire, although manga won’t drop dead just yet.

However, they are relying on the bubble-like sales of a few titles – we have to wonder what would happen if in 3 years this bubble were to pop.

For example, will Jump’s One Piece, Naruto and Bleach continue for 3 years? We can’t really predict what will happen to them (and even if the publisher wants to continue them, the authors aren’t always able to).

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2010/0...to-bleach-end/
    Fullmetal Alchemist has ended. Naruto is coming to its end. Both manga sold over a million of copies for each volume. How will the japanese comic market react to such a loss? Will new talents like Kimi ni Todoke ( sells like Naruto - one million copies/volume ) or Shingeki no Kyojin ( catches up with Bleach at 500-600 000) or even Thermae Romae ( has its third volume sold ~400000 times ) take the place of late behemoths?

Any thoughts?

P.S. On the topic of old ToCs: biwa.ne.jp has all the ToC from years 1968-2003, and hamada.tsukaeru.info has years 1999-2011.

I don't know at least Bleach was really good at one point, it's just after bsoul society it became a giant piece of shit, shaman king was far worse, every villain was redeemed, no one died, big HAX boss, fan girl bait

I like Bleach better cause at one point I loved it, and I still love some characters

Member of Beelzebub is Freakin' Awesome Group
    what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

Amen to that choper

I don't entirely agree with that. I think Shaman King had a very strong start and I actually liked how many of the villains were reformed. The only one I'd say was nonsensical would probably be Faust VIII. However I think we're all unanimous about the whole hax villain thing.

This also may be just me personally, but Bleach really died right before Soul Society in my mind. Though the beginning of Soul Society was bearable until after the Kenpachi fight. After that Bleach was really boring to me until it went off the deep end and became hilariously bad.

Redemption was a theme for shaman king, remember who where the main characters.

Yoh was useless, Ren and Chocolove murderers, Horohoro was I don't know, I don't remember the only chapter that he had for character development, and Lyserg was in the path to becoming Marco II Electric Pedophile.

That, plus Sadist Anna, Faust "I'll open your guts" the VIII, and Ryu.

That was not why it was bad.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    Horohoro was I don't know.
    The obnoxious annoying. The one that deserves to be disliked.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information