+ Reply to Thread
Page 750 of 844 FirstFirst ... 250 650 700 740 748 749 750 751 752 760 800 ... LastLast
Results 14,981 to 15,000 of 16868

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Well, then there is the problem that readers have to choose two titles to vote in the ToC and if they vote for one series that doesn't means they buy only volumes from that series.

Like you have one reader that likes X and another that likes Y, but both of they like One Piece.
    However, he keeps using OP as an example to argue that OP's high volume sale represents number of people who voting for this series every week. And he believes both Haikyuu and MHA aren't getting same treatment as OP since both of them are frequently placed in the middle while young series (like Neverland and Stone) are placed in top 5 with their volume sale being much lower than both Haikyuu and MHA.

I don't get it. Is the argument that series that have good ratings in theToC gets good sales?
    So Naruto, AssClass, Slam Dunk, YYH, Dragonball, Hikaru no Go, Hokuto no Ken, Kinnikuman, Saint Seiya, all did not have good ratings is what you're saying now?

And if there is a tv show that lasts 1 hour and boosts the sales of a said manga with two people here confirming that, why that seems to be upsetting?
    Before the first volume is even released?

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Well, then there is the problem that readers have to choose two titles to vote in the ToC and if they vote for one series that doesn't means they buy only volumes from that series.

Like you have one reader that likes X and another that likes Y, but both of they like One Piece.
    The problem correlates to the fact that the ToC is never accurate to what is popular at a given time at least not anymore. You guys seem to have a really hard to explaining hwy Haikyuu and MHA are in the middle for the rankings now

Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateBar999 View Post
    So Naruto, AssClass, Slam Dunk, YYH, Dragonball, Hikaru no Go, Hokuto no Ken, Kinnikuman, Saint Seiya, all did not have good ratings is what you're saying now?
    No, I'm not. I mean don't know about half of those because I wasn't even alive when they started being serialized but I do remember AC scoring at higher spots in ToC and having good sales.
    Before the first volume is even released?
    Well, if the people responsible decided that they wanted to do that, I don't see any harm.
    The problem correlates to the fact that the ToC is never accurate to what is popular at a given time at least not anymore. You guys seem to have a really hard to explaining hwy Haikyuu and MHA are in the middle for the rankings now
    Because people are liking Kimetsu and Stone more?

Well, if the people responsible decided that they wanted to do that, I don't see any harm.
    Since that person is a big worshiper on AmeTalk (the 1 hour TV show which we are talking about), so I want to know what people think about it.

Here is the actual episode which they mentioned Dr. Stone (I timed it and it only mentioned for 1 minute and 10 seconds), so go watch it and I want to know if this going to be a game changer (watch from 7:58 to 9:08): http://video.9tsu.com/videos/view?vid=106320

Quote Originally Posted by Marokanse View Post
    Issue #20 April 16 2018 Monday
    Issue #21/22 April 23 2018 Monday
    Issue #23 May 07 2018 Monday
    Issue #24 May 14 2018 Monday

WTF !!
    We will have two chapters of One Piece on April 23rd!
    Issue #23 will be out may 2.
    http://www.s-manga.net/newbook/magazine.html?month=next
    https://twitter.com/MangaMagJapon/st...38237287301121

No, I'm not. I mean don't know about half of those because I wasn't even alive when they started being serialized but I do remember AC scoring at higher spots in ToC and having good sales.
    You can just check the listing of olf ToC to see that they were in the top spots as well as having top sales so why is now the exception?

Its like you have literally nothing to say

Because people are liking Kimetsu and Stone more?
    So why aren't they selling more than Haikyuu and MHA if they're higher than them on the ToC?

You can just check the listing of olf ToC to see that they were in the top spots as well as having top sales so why is now the exception?
    I never said it was an exception. It just that AC had a high spot in ToC and good sales.
    Its like you have literally nothing to say
    I just said there is nothing bad about it.
    So why aren't they selling more than Haikyuu and MHA if they're higher than them on the ToC?
    There is a lot of theories like not every reader who buy volumes send their votes or people that didn't voted for MHA/HQ still buys their volumes and reprints releases, etc...

I never said it was an exception. It just that AC had a high spot in ToC and good sales.
    Funny thing is that he only listed the series which favors his arguments (heck even Kinnikuman and Saint Seiya did dropped to middle place before, just like MHA), but he purposely left-out series like Bleach, Death Note, Rokudenashi Blues, Dragon Quest, Denei Shoujo, etc.

Jump SQ. May Issue:
    Untrace (Lead CP, New Series)
    Kono Oto Tomare! (Cover)

Salaryman Exorcist Okumura Yukio no Aishuu
    Chinosoko no Mahoutsukai (CP)
    Sousei no Onmyouji
    Chihaya-san wa Sonomama de Ii (End)
    Owari no Seraph (CP)
    Kanashimi wo Toru Otoko Hiichi (One Shot)

Platinum End
    Dokyuu Hentai H×Eros
    Yuugai Shitei Doukyuusei (CP)
    Demon Tune
    Yuukoku no Moriarty
    Gag Manga Biyori GB
    Kemono Jihen
    Shin Tennis no Oujisama
    Houkago no Oujisama
    Shitsuren Cooking (One Shot)
    Majo no Kaiga-shuu
    Sentaku no Toki
    Maerchen Maedchen
    Futaribocchi Sensou (End)

Ao no Exorcist (One Shot)

Hidden:

Jump SQ. June Issue:
    Cover: Owari no Seraph
    Lead CP: Kojirase Hyakki Do-Minor (New Series by Nanban Kouta)
    CP: Shin Tennis no Oujisama, Gag Manga Biyori GB, Demon Tune, Untrace, Imouto no Ane (One Shot by Fujimoto Tatsuki (author of Fire Punch))

Hidden:

And yet Kimetsu dropped and sales last volume. Thanks for proving that the ToC only means something to fit your own narrative. I guess those universally reviled chapters of BC than ranked 1st for two weeks in a row are good now.
    Why are you lying ? It sold the same. And would the Toc fitting your narrative with mha higher more correct ?
    Why wouldn't they get enough votes when they're two of the most popular series in the magazine?
    Because having good sale and being popular in the magazine are 2 different things. We have told you 100th times already. And if those were identical, there would be no need for the editors to waste time and money in those surveys

Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    Why are you lying ? It sold the same. And would the Toc fitting your narrative with mha higher more correct ?
    Do you like making a fool out of yourself as much as novice here Kaizou 10 does?

Because having good sale and being popular in the magazine are 2 different things. We have told you 100th times already. And if those were identical, there would be no need for the editors to waste time and money in those surveys
    So its just a coincidence that Naruto, AssClass, Slam Dunk, YYH, Dragonball, Hikaru no Go, Hokuto no Ken, Kinnikuman, Saint Seiya, all did have good ratings and sales is what you're saying now?

Do you like making a fool out of yourself as much as novice here Kaizou 10 does?
    Prove what you said and we’ll see

So its just a coincidence that Naruto, AssClass, Slam Dunk, YYH, Dragonball, Hikaru no Go, Hokuto no Ken, Kinnikuman, Saint Seiya, all did have good ratings and sales is what you're saying now?
    http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t...=1#post3880980
    Also it seems One Piece is not that much an exception unlike what you claimed before

Why wouldn't they get enough votes when they're two of the most popular series in the magazine?
    People who buy weekly shonen jump are expected to read the whole thing, and they're free to vote for what they think had the best chapter in the latest issue, they're not obliged to vote for whatever is the most popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    Also it seems One Piece is not that much an exception unlike what you claimed before
    Well, his narrative is that the new editor in chief is shoving manga that are in the Jump Push campaign down our throats, instead of My Hero Academia which deserves more promoting in his opinion.
    His narrative has major holes in it though, among them is the fact that Robot×Laserbeam which is listed in the Jump Push campaign doesn't rank high in the ToC at all, another is the fact that it's not uncommon for a series to not rank high in the ToC and have high volume sales.

Newest Kingdom volume

other mangas' new volumes

Quote Originally Posted by Brainyz View Post
    People who buy weekly shonen jump are expected to read the whole thing, and they're free to vote for what they think had the best chapter in the latest issue, they're not obliged to vote for whatever is the most popular.
    So Every chapter of One Piece is the best in every issue of Jump is what you're sayng

Well, his narrative is that the new editor in chief is shoving manga that are in the Jump Push campaign down our throats, instead of My Hero Academia which deserves more promoting in his opinion.
    His narrative has major holes in it though, among them is the fact that Robot×Laserbeam which is listed in the Jump Push campaign doesn't rank high in the ToC at all, another is the fact that it's not uncommon for a series to not rank high in the ToC and have high volume sales.
    Good job putting words in my mouth also good job not exactly proving anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Brainyz View Post
    another is the fact that it's not uncommon for a series to not rank high in the ToC and have high volume sales.
    Exactly. That dude only puts the examples which he favors, yet he purposely left-off the series like Bleach, Death Note, Prince of Tennis, Dragon Quest, Video Girl Ai, Rokudenashi Blues, etc. (heck, even Kinnikuman and Saint Seiya occasionally dropped to middle place, just like MHA).

Some Sorta Bumhead, Surely Maxy B's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizou 10 View Post
    Exactly. That dude only puts the examples which he favors, yet he purposely left-off the series like Bleach, Death Note, Prince of Tennis, Dragon Quest, Video Girl Ai, Rokudenashi Blues, etc. (heck, even Kinnikuman and Saint Seiya occasionally dropped to middle place, just like MHA).
    Dude is literally ignoring statements that prove him wrong and just keeps repeating their point, it’s bizarre. Best to just move on, some people don’t learn

As if you proved anything you said yourself...

Quote Originally Posted by Maxy B View Post
    Dude is literally ignoring statements that prove him wrong and just keeps repeating their point, it’s bizarre. Best to just move on, some people don’t learn
    Yeah, the only argument he's making is OP this and OP that.

I feel the need to put a pun with "We never learn" as a punchline, but I can't seem to zero in on it.

Already wasted like 15 minutes thinking, I'm not ready to make dad jokes.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

So Every chapter of One Piece is the best in every issue of Jump is what you're sayng
    That's not what I'm saying, that's what the ToC is saying. Also, One Piece isn't always at the top.

If this isn't what you're to say, then what are you trying to prove with all of this arguing.
    Wait till he repeats exactly what I previously said.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information