+ Reply to Thread
Page 75 of 844 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75 76 77 85 125 175 575 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 16874

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

I like that Sket Dance is so high even if it is because of the colour pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekketsu View Post
    ToC Issue Jump #23:
    Hanasaka Ikkyu (Cover & Lead Color Page, New Series)
    One Piece
    Toriko
    Naruto
    Reborn!
    Sket Dance (Color Page)
    Gintama
    Bakuman
    Beelzebub
    Magico (Color Page)
    Enigma
    Medaka Box
    Grimm
    Bleach
    Inumaru Dashi
    Kuroko No Basket
    Sengoku Armors (First Rank)
    Kochikame
    Nurarihyon No Mago
    Dois Sol
    Hokenshitsu No Shinigami

Toriko is asking for its throne.
    Ooh a color page for Magico? I'm glad to see that it's getting popular.

Reborn seems unnaturally high. As usual I'm glad to see Bleach is so very low.

Quote Originally Posted by RPGJay View Post
    Ooh a color page for Magico? I'm glad to see that it's getting popular.
    And to point out that it just had a CP last last chapter (doesn't happen all the time). I heard some analysis that the popularity that Magico has (considering its first few chapters) was better than that of Negima back then but a bit worse than Beel.

Quote Originally Posted by Thousand Lion-san View Post
    I like that Sket Dance is so high even if it is because of the colour pages.
    For what I have seen, since the anime annoucement Sket Dance has been having alot more color pages.

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    Everything that Bleach Is, Shaman King is X2.

Hax Villian.
    Fangirl Bait.
    Useless CAST.
    I wouldn't say it's that bad. From what I've read, the pacing is much better (then again, a snail moves faster than Bleach), and the series has an actual goal that the protagonists are working towards (whereas Bleach is pretty much a random-events plot starring a protagonist who bounces from setting to setting, having little connection with the villains that he faces).

Quote Originally Posted by IceBorg View Post
    I like that Medaka is in the Top 10.
    I just catched up with it. It souldn't last much longer. It's kind of boring and rushed, and half of the main cast hasn't done anything besides "bitting their nails" and a "hold down grab"

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Megadoomer View Post
    I wouldn't say it's that bad. From what I've read, the pacing is much better (then again, a snail moves faster than Bleach), and the series has an actual goal that the protagonists are working towards (whereas Bleach is pretty much a random-events plot starring a protagonist who bounces from setting to setting, having little connection with the villains that he faces).
    Did you finish reading it? The objectives on the late manga get random. The early goal gets dumped, hard.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

I just catched up with it. It souldn't last much longer. It's kind of boring and rushed, and half of the main cast hasn't done anything besides "bitting their nails" and a "hold down grab"
    Heh I find it quite fun actually.

bleach out of the top10 is just wonderful

Quote Originally Posted by IceBorg View Post
    Heh I find it quite fun actually.
    It's just how the seeds planted of defeated enemies just come and the people who by now can't even compare to Medaka, or that didn't even meet her act like her allies.

The constant 4th wall breaking in seriousness, part of.. creepy guy's stunts, and acceptable because he's supposed to be terribly unlikeable, it was transfered to ScrewGirl.

The fact that when she was in beast mode the only part of her body being shown was her boobs, and how cowardly was to bring MotherLoli to cover her up just when the minor protection law was aproved.

The MotherLoli, her existance, even if she is a cool character, she's a loli who's a mother. And that's terrible.

It's been going badly and it should end. This high rank I guess that is for the final battle with creepyguy 8 chapters ago.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Seeing this, could this be the end of Bleach? Its not even in the top 10 as some one said. Even the anime is doing bad in the ratings, so it makes yah think. Good to see One Piece still at the top.
    Luffy fan.
    LuffyxHancock or LuffyxNami? I can't decide.

Quote Originally Posted by RDarren View Post
    And to point out that it just had a CP last last chapter (doesn't happen all the time). I heard some analysis that the popularity that Magico has (considering its first few chapters) was better than that of Negima back then but a bit worse than Beel.
    Yeah I thought it was rare to have color pages twice in a row.

Well Magico deserves it. It's pretty good so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Luffyfan View Post
    Seeing this, could this be the end of Bleach? Its not even in the top 10 as some one said. Even the anime is doing bad in the ratings, so it makes yah think. Good to see One Piece still at the top.
    I wish that we had Shaman King's rankings around it's cancelation, to see how bad must bleach get to go out.

Quote Originally Posted by RPGJay View Post
    Yeah I thought it was rare to have color pages twice in a row.

Well Magico deserves it. It's pretty good so far.
    Really? For the first chapter I didn't find it worhtwhile. I'll check it out again once it hits triple digits.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Really? For the first chapter I didn't find it worhtwhile. I'll check it out again once it hits triple digits.
    The first chapter was kind of meh, but it gets better.

I wish that we had Shaman King's rankings around it's cancelation, to see how bad must bleach get to go out.
    Well that'd sure help us out, see if Bleach is nearing its end or not.
    Luffy fan.
    LuffyxHancock or LuffyxNami? I can't decide.

I think someone posted a link to some archive or other, with TOC's for several years back. Dunno when that was, though.

2004 WSJ ToC- Shaman King is 5th from the top.

Pretty bad year for Shaman King. Bleach isn't quite there yet. I am more interested to see what Shaman King's volume sales were from that year. That would be a better indicator of cancellation IMO. I can't see Bleach getting canceled unless it's volume sales dropped to under 50,000 copies per volume, which is highly unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Takaho View Post
    I've seen the big three thing used in a fair few other places than this. Its not just an Arlong Park thing, its widely used to describe One Piece, Naruto and Bleach.

You can't say the big 3 are the most popular in America if you keep track of the New Yorks sales, tending to be Naruto, Black Butler and some other random series.

But you say that the big 3 are just the most popular things is false somewhat, I'm convinced this has come up in this topic before about the big 3 just being what brought Jump out of a slump.
    "we" obviously refers to the English fandom, as opposed to the Japanese fandom, or the Shonen Jump editorial staff. :/

also, take a look at this: http://comipress.com/article/2007/05/06/1923

Dragon Ball ended in '95, and then Slam Dunk ended in '96. After that, a ton of people just stone cold stopped buying Jump because their two favorite series weren't there. Then One Piece came along in '97, and nothing really changed. Maybe it stopped more people from dropping the magazine, but there wasn't any sort of "dark ages" that One Piece and the other two pulled Jump up out of. Besides, Naruto and Bleach entered the field years after the slump stopped. They seem to have had little to no impact on circulation. So claiming that the "big three" are called that because they saved Jump is incorrect.

The "big three" are where they are for several reasons:
    1. They are all in Shonen Jump, the most popular manga magazine in the world, with the most hit series on both sides of the Pacific, and the most money to throw around. FMA and Fairy Tail and Soul Eater and Negima and HSDK are not in the "big three" simply because they don't have access to the kind of advertising that a Jump series can utilize.

2. They all have successful anime. What are the other series in Jump, and how are their animes fairing? Reborn: canned. Gintama: long hiatus, only recently returned. HxH: canned. Bakuman, Toriko, Beelzebub: Just started, we'll see. Those others I mentioned? Negima, Soul Eater, HSDK? Canned. An Anime goes a long way.

3. They are all battle manga. This is the kind of manga best suited for mass consumption and merchandising. Which they are able to exploit because of their Jump connections, and their popular anime.

4. Because of all this, they are the most popular manga-based franchises in the world. This is key, "franchises". Everything about them is popular: the actual manga, the anime, the toys, the games, and the size of the fanbase. They are simply the three most popular manga in the world, in every sense of the word. Just because Bleach is low on the polls among manga readers does not mean that we have a void we need to fill. The rest of the franchise still exists.

If you simply want to talk about the top tier of the Shonen Jump ToC, then Bleach doesn't even enter into it. hasn't for a while now. It is simply One Piece, then Naruto. With everyone else fighting for third.

I find it sad that Shaman King (as bad as it was) and Black Cat barely got 10 and 9 on their last chapter. A series should go with a bang, not sizle out into darkness.

Lith, you talk as if the Gintama break was a bad thing.

It allowed it to keep it fresh and give the anime a higher production value than the rest of shonen jump's current anime. Obtaining with a lasting product, not something that people watch in hopes of turning into "One Piece Kai".

Quote Originally Posted by BigLuffy559 View Post
    2004 WSJ ToC- Shaman King is 5th from the top.

Pretty bad year for Shaman King. Bleach isn't quite there yet. I am more interested to see what Shaman King's volume sales were from that year. That would be a better indicator of cancellation IMO. I can't see Bleach getting canceled unless it's volume sales dropped to under 50,000 copies per volume, which is highly unlikely.
    Oh, I want to data dump and parse that site so baaad.

I'm not getting the characters in japanesse, I'm using chrome and I usualy get them just fine. Anyone can see them OK?
    SW-4128-8032-0729

It was certainly necessary for the Gintama anime to continue to be good. However, that crippled its popularity (which was admittedly never going to be top-tier anyway). Out of sight, out of mind.

If One Piece went on a hiatus to give the anime time to stop sucking, I feel like it would lose a lot of steam as well. One Piece is a is one of the few series that could probably survive something like that and still cling to #1, but to expect Gintama to do the same? It just can't.

EDIT: Kewl linked to this site a while ago. It hasn't updated since like February, but it has data from 1998. he mentioned that there were "other sites like this"? http://hamada.tsukaeru.info/jump/

Did you finish reading it? The objectives on the late manga get random. The early goal gets dumped, hard.
    How exactly ?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information