+ Reply to Thread
Page 749 of 844 FirstFirst ... 249 649 699 739 747 748 749 750 751 759 799 ... LastLast
Results 14,961 to 14,980 of 16871

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

  1. #14961

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    Bleach lasting as long as it did was the special treatment. They let kubo get through most of his nazi alphabet soup.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

  2. #14962
    Shipmate Kaizou 10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Somewhere in Planet Earth

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    Bleach lasting as long as it did was the special treatment. They let kubo get through most of his nazi alphabet soup.
    Well, Bleach fans said that placing Bleach in near last place considered unfair treatment, and one person said that Bleach should be getting same treatment as OP.

  3. #14963
    King of Little Sisters ~ Chrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Still trying to climb Wano's waterfall

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    C'mon, guys. Whenever the conversation reaches comparions of anything with Bleach or Fairy Tail, it means the quality of the argumentation has dropped substancially... (like the quality of Bleach and Fairy Tail ). Let's not get ahead of ourselves, shall we?

  4. #14964

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    Also sales and TOC ranks have never been synchronized. There are all possibilities available (high rank high sales -> one piece, middle rank high sales -> academia, low rank high sales -> Nurarihyon, good rank low sales -> Hinomaru Sumo, etc...)

  5. #14965

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    Also sales and TOC ranks have never been synchronized. There are all possibilities available (high rank high sales -> one piece, middle rank high sales -> academia, low rank high sales -> Nurarihyon, good rank low sales -> Hinomaru Sumo, etc...)
    So OP is literally the only damn exception to this rule and the correlation to everything else is just coincidence and clearly not editor manipulation.

  6. #14966
    Some Sorta Bumhead, Surely Maxy B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    East Sussex, United Kingdom

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateBar999 View Post
    So OP is literally the only damn exception to this rule and the correlation to everything else is just coincidence and clearly not editor manipulation.
    I mean with sales and table of contents placement sure. Not everyone who reads and loves a comic in the magazine feels compelled to buy it in volumes, and not all volume readers buy the magazine. They’re different beasts entirely, and even then there’s so many other factors the EiC and co have to keep in mind when deciding where to place a comic in the magazine that it’d be absurd to expect everything to match up.

    Say Inumaru Dashi, or a more recent title like Hinomaru Zumo, is more popular with kids than teens, it would stand to reason that reader feedback would be more important than sales when considering that title, it largely being accepted in society that kids don’t have an income with which to hoard volumes. Then look at, say, Robot x Laserbeam, a series about a sport that doesn’t have an immediate appeal to younger readers, but might catch the eye of older readers who are into golf, or Kuroko’s Basketball readers who have aged out of buying Shonen Jump itself. So it lives on, despite what appears to be a middling at best reception in the magazine.

    Although also yes One Piece is the exception to most things because it’s the biggest comic in the world


  7. #14967

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateBar999 View Post
    So OP is literally the only damn exception to this rule and the correlation to everything else is just coincidence and clearly not editor manipulation.
    Assassination Classroom had also great ranks and sales. But what is this rule you are talking about ? Didn’t you learn one cannot compare things that have nothing to do with eachother ?

  8. #14968
    Shipmate Kaizou 10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Somewhere in Planet Earth

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    Didn’t you learn one cannot compare things that have nothing to do with eachother ?
    Save your energy; he didn't learn anything.

  9. #14969

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    Assassination Classroom had also great ranks and sales.
    So why isn't the same applied to MHA and Haikyuu?

    Didn’t you learn one cannot compare things that have nothing to do with eachother ?
    How the hell do they have nothing to do with each other?

  10. #14970

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaizou 10 View Post
    Save your energy; he didn't learn anything.
    Yeah talking to a door is more interesting. Anyway as i said last kimetsu chapter was extremely good and its rank is well deserve. Can’t tell about mha since i dropped the serie.

  11. #14971
    Some Sorta Bumhead, Surely Maxy B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    East Sussex, United Kingdom

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    Man, I’m so excited to finally read Kimetsu no Yaiba when Viz release it. I’ve heard nothing but amazing praise from everyone reading the scans. Can’t say I expected that off the Jump Start but it makes me happy as heck


  12. #14972
    Shipmate Kaizou 10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Somewhere in Planet Earth

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    Yeah talking to a door is more interesting.
    Exactly. Heck, he can't argue anything what Maxy said, so he just turned against you.

  13. #14973

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateBar999 View Post
    So why isn't the same applied to MHA and Haikyuu?
    Maybe because they don't get as much votes in the weekly feedback?

  14. #14974

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    Yeah talking to a door is more interesting. Anyway as i said last kimetsu chapter was extremely good and its rank is well deserve. Can’t tell about mha since i dropped the serie.
    And yet Kimetsu dropped and sales last volume. Thanks for proving that the ToC only means something to fit your own narrative. I guess those universally reviled chapters of BC than ranked 1st for two weeks in a row are good now.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by Brainyz View Post
    Maybe because they don't get as much votes in the weekly feedback?
    Why wouldn't they get enough votes when they're two of the most popular series in the magazine?

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaizou 10 View Post
    Dude, didn't you even read my comments for this whole time? I said that the anime boost isn't frequently happening, but there are lots of series get anime boost. So, anime boost isn't really rare.
    Yet you only listed three


    Man, I'm tired of this argument now. Not matter what I said you're not really listening.
    Another non-rebuttal



    And so was Kingdom before AmeTalk. My point is even Kingdom was already successful, AmeTalk helped push it even more. So, based on your argument about AmeTalk being influential program, this phenomena should happen to Shima Kousaku and Baki as well. But, it didn't. Again, you're not focusing on the point.
    Your comparison makes no sense because both of those series are over two decades old while Kingdom was relatively recent in comaprisomn.



    It sound like you think AmeTalk is some kind god program which make everything popular, but it isn't. Heck, I know there is even way more popular and influential program in Japan, called Gyouretsu no Dekiru Houritsu Soudanjo, which shortly mentioned manga series, just like Dr. Stone, but it never had any boost. Just short mentioning isn't going to make big difference you know.
    Yes according to you AmeTalk, the most highly rated show every week, is not popular hence why its used for promotional material. Also once again that was done BEFORE ITS FIRST VOLUME WAS RELEASED. It helped volume one sales.

    And yet again, you missed the main point. You didn't argue why BokuBen and Kimetsu have same amount of increase as Dr. Stone even though it wasn't mentioned or promoted in AmeTalk.
    Kimetsu had an author recommendation from Togashi that was on the wraparound of one of its volumes.






    Because not just Neverland, there are plenty of many other series which able to come back in top 500. You should have tried top 50, not top 500. Nice try.
    Not really.

    Yes, and did MHA anime aired and new volume released? Based on your argument, the increase should happened after those were released. Heck, you are avoiding other questions like why NnT and Omoi making back in top 500 while they didn't have anything.
    So, you're saying that young series will never grow without any promotion from AmeTalk? Is it just people's imagination that BokuBen and Kimetsu are growing their volumes without any promotion from AmeTalk? God, I was wasting my time talking to you.
    What are you even talking about? Where did I even say that AmeTalk is the only way a series can get a boost?




    So, you're saying Neverland making top 500 is very big thing, but Beastars, series which you probably never heard of, making top 500 isn't really big deal. You're just proving to others that you're doesn't think anything.
    Good job putting wotds in people's mouths.





    I'm getting tired of talking to a person who try to change the subject since he knows he can't argue back and trying to twist people's comment. You're whole argument didn't even convince anybody. Good luck to try convince people from now on.
    A man in a glass house shouldn't throw stones.

  15. #14975
    Shipmate Kaizou 10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Somewhere in Planet Earth

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateBar999 View Post
    And yet Kimetsu dropped and sales last volume. Thanks for proving that the ToC only means something to fit your own narrative. I guess those universally reviled chapters of BC than ranked 1st for two weeks in a row are good now.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---


    Why wouldn't they get enough votes when they're two of the most popular series in the magazine?

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---


    Yet you only listed three



    Another non-rebuttal




    Your comparison makes no sense because both of those series are over two decades old while Kingdom was relatively recent in comaprisomn.




    Yes according to you AmeTalk, the most highly rated show every week, is not popular hence why its used for promotional material. Also once again that was done BEFORE ITS FIRST VOLUME WAS RELEASED. It helped volume one sales.


    Kimetsu had an author recommendation from Togashi that was on the wraparound of one of its volumes.







    Not really.


    So, you're saying that young series will never grow without any promotion from AmeTalk? Is it just people's imagination that BokuBen and Kimetsu are growing their volumes without any promotion from AmeTalk? God, I was wasting my time talking to you.
    What are you even talking about? Where did I even say that AmeTalk is the only way a series can get a boost?





    Good job putting wotds in people's mouths.






    A man in a glass house shouldn't throw stones.
    Yawn. I'm tired of talking to a person who can't even read correctly, cannot even make good argument, keep making inconsistent statement, and like twisting one's comments. As Kdom said, it would be much interesting with talking to the door than this dude.

  16. #14976

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaizou 10 View Post
    NO U.
    Wow! You sure showed me with that well-written argument.

  17. #14977
    Shipmate Kaizou 10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Somewhere in Planet Earth

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateBar999 View Post
    Wow! You sure showed me with that well-written argument.
    And you have successfully proved to everybody since yesterday that you can't even make good argument and really lacks of critical thinking, reading skills, and keeping consistent.

  18. #14978

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    I don't get it. Is the argument that series that have good ratings in theToC gets good sales?

    And if there is a tv show that lasts 1 hour and boosts the sales of a said manga with two people here confirming that, why that seems to be upsetting?

    What are you trying to prove here?!

  19. #14979
    Shipmate Kaizou 10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Somewhere in Planet Earth

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    I don't get it. Is the argument that series that have good ratings in theToC gets good sales?

    And if there is a tv show that lasts 1 hour and boosts the sales of a said manga with two people here confirming that, why that seems to be upsetting?

    What are you trying to prove here?!
    Pretty much he believes that the series with high volume sale should be getting higher placement in ToC since most of people who buys the volumes should be voting for the series (apparently that's why he believes One Piece able to maintain in top 5).
    Last edited by Kaizou 10; April 3rd, 2018 at 05:02 PM.

  20. #14980

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaizou 10 View Post
    Pretty much he believes that the series with high volume sale should be getting higher placement in ToC since most of people who buys the volumes should be voting for the series (apparently that's why he believes One Piece able to maintain in top 5).
    Well, then there is the problem that readers have to choose two titles to vote in the ToC and if they vote for one series that doesn't means they buy only volumes from that series.

    Like you have one reader that likes X and another that likes Y, but both of they like One Piece.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts