+ Reply to Thread
Page 748 of 844 FirstFirst ... 248 648 698 738 746 747 748 749 750 758 798 ... LastLast
Results 14,941 to 14,960 of 16868

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

  1. #14941

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by xAsum0x View Post
    I thought it was common knowledge that TPN had a segment on Ametalk and ZIP. Also, im pretty sure TPN is pushed a hella lot more than MHA, Dr Stone or Black Clover.
    I'm not sure how anyone can sit here and say Neverland wasn't shilled to hell and back same with Dr. Stone. Hell it was discovered that their were bots used on the Dr. Stone PV to inflate views for it and how the ToC has essentially be out of wack since the new EiC started.

  2. #14942

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaizou 10 View Post
    You're saying that 1-2 minutes mentioning has bigger impact than 30 minutes anime? Last time I checked volume sale, but I didn't see TPN got huge boost after that 1-2 mintues reference.

    Also, MHA also got lots promotion durng its early years as well, at least way more than Stone.
    Wasn't Kingdom on Ametalk and that's when it took off? Prior to that it's anime was horrible and did nothing for it.

  3. #14943

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaizou 10 View Post
    You're saying that 1-2 minutes mentioning has bigger impact than 30 minutes anime? Last time I checked volume sale, but I didn't see TPN got huge boost after that 1-2 mintues reference.

    It did move sales it bit in August of last year after that episode aired but it wasn't huge. Kingdom had a 5 minute segment on Ame Talk which had a bigger boost in sales than 2 seasons of its anime. Ame Talk is just that popular. Neverland had a bigger boost in sales than Black Clover just by winning Kono Manga Sugoi! despite the latter having an ongoing anime. People need to stop putting so much importance in anime adaptations since the majority of them don't actually move sales.

    Also, MHA also got lots promotion durng its early years as well, at least way more than Stone.
    Not even close.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by xAsum0x View Post
    Wasn't Kingdom on Ametalk and that's when it took off? Prior to that it's anime was horrible and did nothing for it.
    Yep. It had a segment promoting the manga and it gave it a huge boost in sales. Neverland's growth in sales have largely to due with its absurd promotional campaign getting TV segments and popular mangaka to endorse it.

  4. #14944

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    I'm surprised TPN doesn't have a lot of color and cover pages. It's clearly bigger than Black Clover but it seems that Black Clover rakes a couple in every month

  5. #14945
    Shipmate Kaizou 10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Somewhere in Planet Earth

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateBar999 View Post
    Of course its established. Not every series that gets an anime gets a boost in sales the fact that you can only list "the big titles" is proof enough of that (which certainly doesn't help your case that they were already top sellers before their anime). What does that have to do with anything? You're just ignoring the fact that you made a very dumb statement to fit your narrative because to you there's nothing wrong with Heroaca being a high seller with middling ranks while Dr. Stone and Kimetsu are not but have top ranks.
    Again, you're proof is wrong. Those series aren't realy top sellers before anme. Yes, they have great sales before that, but they never reached top sales without anime. Did Titan reached 1 million mark sale before anime? Did Kuroko and Haikyuu able to reach 600-700k mark before the anime? Did MHA able to reach 500k without anime? I do know that it is not happeninig commonly, but there are lots of series which got huge anime boost. You only think that anime boost only happened like selling more than 500k, but that's not necessarily a case. A series which sale like few thousand increased on 50k also considered anime boost as well since its sale did increased yet.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateBar999 View Post
    That was literally the opposite of what you said and nothing you posted countered my claim. OP is the top selling title in Jump and has the best ranks so why the hell is Haikyuu the second best selling title in Jump in the middle or sometimes in the bottom of ranks? You said it yourself that not every chapter is going to be a masterpiece so why is One Piece the exemption to this rule? Because its popular, that's only it so trying to claim that there's some objective rule of quality that the ToC follows is ridiculous and the only reason why you support it is unless it fits your own narrative as to why "xxx" is in its position.
    Did Haikyuu and MHA ever reached 2 million per volume sale mark? Did Haikyuu and MHA serialized for 20 years? Did Haikyuu and MHA received Guiness World Record? Did Haikyuu and MHA recorded as highest selling manga series in histoy?

    OP's legacy is far beyond greater than both Haikyuu and MHA. OP is like face of Jump for long time now, it most likely going to get special treatment from the editors but nobody can really complain against that. Basically, except OP, Jump series' ranking will be reflected by the readers' votes and the readers will vote the series which they think it is most interesting on that week, no matter what the sales are.

    So, if you want to complain why OP get top 5 place and not Haikyuu and MHA, then come back when those two reaches OP-level.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateBar999 View Post
    You were literally proven wrong on several accounts and didn't even prove that HeroAca got more promotion than Dr Stone and Neverland when it was first coming out but to add further injury to your already damaged ego here you go.
    https://twitter.com/tikutikutiiku/st...71450692448257
    Dude, did you actually watched that episode? Or just saying based on that twitter? That only had like1 minute mentioning about it. As I mentioned before, do you think that 1 minute mentioning actually make huge difference? I know there are like thousands of manga series out there which got like 1 minute or less mentioning throughout any shows in Japan. Heck, not just Stone, many manga series has been mentioned throughout that episode and do you honestly think that made any difference on any of them? Do you think just 1 minute mentioning has more promotional power than 30 minutes anime?

    FYI, MHA had like 1 whole hour TV promotion before. So, which automatically mean that MHA had far bigger promotion than Stone.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateBar999 View Post
    Yep. It had a segment promoting the manga and it gave it a huge boost in sales. Neverland's growth in sales have largely to due with its absurd promotional campaign getting TV segments and popular mangaka to endorse it.
    Yup, you're proving again that you don't know anything. Prior to that, AmeTalk actually had 1 whole hour episode wich focuses only like few years ago. That's why Kingdom had very huge boost, not because of that 5 minutes mentioning on that episode.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by xAsum0x View Post
    Wasn't Kingdom on Ametalk and that's when it took off? Prior to that it's anime was horrible and did nothing for it.
    For Kingdom's case, it had 1 whole hour special about it, not just 1-2 minute mentioning.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateBar999 View Post
    It did move sales it bit in August of last year after that episode aired but it wasn't huge.
    No, it wasn't. Stone was in the process of grow that time, and this goes same for other young series as well. Every young series has a process of grow in their early stage, you know. Please go check the sale for other young series. They didn't get any AmeTalk promotion, they why their sale is increasing?

  6. #14946

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaizou 10 View Post
    Again, you're proof is wrong. Those series aren't realy top sellers before anme. Yes, they have great sales before that, but they never reached top sales without anime. Did Titan reached 1 million mark sale before anime? Did Kuroko and Haikyuu able to reach 600-700k mark before the anime? Did MHA able to reach 500k without anime? I do know that it is not happeninig commonly, but there are lots of series which got huge anime boost. You only think that anime boost only happened like selling more than 500k, but that's not necessarily a case. A series which sale like few thousand increased on 50k also considered anime boost as well since its sale did increased yet.



    Did Haikyuu and MHA ever reached 2 million per volume sale mark? Did Haikyuu and MHA serialized for 20 years? Did Haikyuu and MHA received Guiness World Record? Did Haikyuu and MHA recorded as highest selling manga series in histoy?

    OP's legacy is far beyond greater than both Haikyuu and MHA. OP is like face of Jump for long time now, it most likely going to get special treatment from the editors but nobody can really complain against that. Basically, except OP, Jump series' ranking will be reflected by the readers' votes and the readers will vote the series which they think it is most interesting on that week, no matter what the sales are.

    So, if you want to complain why OP get top 5 place and not Haikyuu and MHA, then come back when those two reaches OP-level.



    Dude, did you actually watched that episode? Or just saying based on that twitter? That only had like1 minute mentioning about it. As I mentioned before, do you think that 1 minute mentioning actually make huge difference? I know there are like thousands of manga series out there which got like 1 minute or less mentioning throughout any shows in Japan. Heck, not just Stone, many manga series has been mentioned throughout that episode and do you honestly think that made any difference on any of them? Do you think just 1 minute mentioning has more promotional power than 30 minutes anime?

    FYI, MHA had like 1 whole hour TV promotion before. So, which automatically mean that MHA had far bigger promotion than Stone.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---



    Yup, you're proving again that you don't know anything. Prior to that, AmeTalk actually had 1 whole hour episode wich focuses only like few years ago. That's why Kingdom had very huge boost, not because of that 5 minutes mentioning on that episode.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---



    For Kingdom's case, it had 1 whole hour special about it, not just 1-2 minute mentioning.
    Well I mean using your argument for TPN, what's a 1 hour segment to a whole season worth of Kingdom anime?

  7. #14947
    Shipmate Kaizou 10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Somewhere in Planet Earth

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by xAsum0x View Post
    Well I mean using your argument for TPN, what's a 1 hour segment to a whole season worth of Kingdom anime?
    AmeTalk had 1 hour episode about just promoting Kingdom few years ago. They most focused on the manga than anime (very brief summary), and mostly talked about why Kingdom is good and interesting.

  8. #14948
    King of Little Sisters ~ Chrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Still trying to climb Wano's waterfall

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    Maybe MHA is middling in the ToC because weekly readers weren't too excited about the last arc? I know it happened to me and I have seen a few people over in the MHA thread say the same. It lacked a lot of popular characters and introduced and focused on a bunch of new ones, which always has the potential of pushing some people away, especially on a chapter-by-chapter basis. I can see why during this phase of the series, it got overtaken by newer, more fresh and exciting series which are having a good reception like Neverland, Dr. Stone, Kimetsu, Black Clover, and even We Never Learn. I wouldn't think too much about it. It is selling well, it hasn't dropped to bad levels like RxL, Soma, Yuragi, Hinomaru, at times. It is just undergoing a less successful time. But I think it will jump back up and the top 7 will be harder to predict as the months and years go by. Not to mention that Dr. Stone and Neverland seem like shorter-term series, like Assassination Classroom was, unlike MHA, which has the potential of going on for way more than a decade. As long as Horikoshi remains passionate as he seems to be about his series, it will do well.

  9. #14949

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaizou 10 View Post
    Again, you're proof is wrong. Those series aren't realy top sellers before anme. Yes, they have great sales before that, but they never reached top sales without anime. Did Titan reached 1 million mark sale before anime? Did Kuroko and Haikyuu able to reach 600-700k mark before the anime? Did MHA able to reach 500k without anime? I do know that it is not happeninig commonly, but there are lots of series which got huge anime boost. You only think that anime boost only happened like selling more than 500k, but that's not necessarily a case. A series which sale like few thousand increased on 50k also considered anime boost as well since its sale did increased yet.
    Your assumption is based on a ignorant notion that you need to be a 1 million seller to be considered a top seller most manga don't even sell 500k to begin with. The amount of anime with a substantial anime boost can be counted by one hand the rest were already top sellers befor their respective anime came in.



    stuff
    Nothing you posted countered any of my points. OP is ranked highly because its popular so this should apply to everything else. It does not matter how popular OP is because not everyone who reads OP follows it in Jump just basing on the magazine's circulation versus OP's volume sales.

    Dude, did you actually watched that episode? Or just saying based on that twitter? That only had like1 minute mentioning about it. As I mentioned before, do you think that 1 minute mentioning actually make huge difference? I know there are like thousands of manga series out there which got like 1 minute or less mentioning throughout any shows in Japan. Heck, not just Stone, many manga series has been mentioned throughout that episode and do you honestly think that made any difference on any of them? Do you think just 1 minute mentioning has more promotional power than 30 minutes anime?
    Now I know you're full of it. The episodes it was brought up was on the June 30th episode and the August 18th episode and both covered over more than just a 1 minute of conversation about Dr. Stone. If you're going to lie at least try to make yourself less obvious.

    FYI, MHA had like 1 whole hour TV promotion before. So, which automatically mean that MHA had far bigger promotion than Stone.
    MHA was never on Ame Talk. Why are you lying so much?



    Yup, you're proving again that you don't know anything. Prior to that, AmeTalk actually had 1 whole hour episode wich focuses only like few years ago. That's why Kingdom had very huge boost, not because of that 5 minutes mentioning on that episode.
    For Kingdom's case, it had 1 whole hour special about it, not just 1-2 minute mentioning.
    It was not an hour long episode. Why are you spouting garbage that's easily refutable?







    No, it wasn't. Stone was in the process of grow that time, and this goes same for other young series as well. Every young series has a process of grow in their early stage, you know. Please go check the sale for other young series. They didn't get any AmeTalk promotion, they why their sale is increasing?
    Neverland volumes were back on the Top 500 after that episode aired. How could Stone be in the process of growth when it wasn't even released until AFTER that episode aired?

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by Chrior View Post
    Maybe MHA is middling in the ToC because weekly readers weren't too excited about the last arc? I know it happened to me and I have seen a few people over in the MHA thread say the same. It lacked a lot of popular characters and introduced and focused on a bunch of new ones, which always has the potential of pushing some people away, especially on a chapter-by-chapter basis. I can see why during this phase of the series, it got overtaken by newer, more fresh and exciting series which are having a good reception like Neverland, Dr. Stone, Kimetsu, Black Clover, and even We Never Learn. I wouldn't think too much about it. It is selling well, it hasn't dropped to bad levels like RxL, Soma, Yuragi, Hinomaru, at times. It is just undergoing a less successful time. But I think it will jump back up and the top 7 will be harder to predict as the months and years go by. Not to mention that Dr. Stone and Neverland seem like shorter-term series, like Assassination Classroom was, unlike MHA, which has the potential of going on for way more than a decade. As long as Horikoshi remains passionate as he seems to be about his series, it will do well.
    Then why did that arc have the highest sales in the series thus far? Kimetsu and Dr. Stone didn't even have good ranks until recently (Kimetsu was a bottom dweller) and we already know that Black Clover's ranks in ToC does not match its actual critical reception. Its almost like those series are being pushed by the EiC while older series are being pushed aside to the middle of the rankings.

  10. #14950

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateBar999 View Post
    Your assumption is based on a ignorant notion that you need to be a 1 million seller to be considered a top seller most manga don't even sell 500k to begin with. The amount of anime with a substantial anime boost can be counted by one hand the rest were already top sellers befor their respective anime came in.
    What? All he said it was that those series had a boost after their anime was released. When did he it needed to reach a million units to be a top seller?

  11. #14951
    King of Little Sisters ~ Chrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Still trying to climb Wano's waterfall

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateBar999 View Post
    Then why did that arc have the highest sales in the series thus far? Kimetsu and Dr. Stone didn't even have good ranks until recently (Kimetsu was a bottom dweller) and we already know that Black Clover's ranks in ToC does not match its actual critical reception. Its almost like those series are being pushed by the EiC while older series are being pushed aside to the middle of the rankings.
    How much have the sales increased during the current arc in % terms? I also said that not liking an arc's development affects a weekly reader more than a volume reader. Volumes allow you to digest greater amounts of content and understand the situation from a bigger picture standpoint. I find reading OP in chunks more pleasant, becuase it dillutes the slower chapters and disguises the awkward pacing it has, sometimes. The profile of a WSJ reader is not necessarily the same of a volume reader. At least from my experience, the series started dropping in the ToC at the same time I started being tired of the arc. I think that contributed for this question. On the rest of your points, Kimetsu hasn't been a bottom dweller since the end of 2016, by the time it reached chapter 40 or something. It had risen to a regular top 3 by the beginning of 2017 already. Dr. Stone has only left the top 5 once since chapter 20. No argument there. The rise of Kimetsu, Stone and Neverland predates the drop of MHA by a bit. The 2 aren't exactly related. In regards to Black Clover, I can't find an explanation for it. It does feel like it is being pushed artifically, at least from the amount of colour and cover pages it has been getting, it seems so excessive (We Never Learn too, way too much teenage fanservice going on there...)

    But as I said before, from a marketing standpoint, it makes more sense to promote new series rather than older, more established ones anyway (plus using the super duper popular OP to sell your magazine never hurts).

  12. #14952
    still awake Brotato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    amiss in this abyss

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateBar999 View Post
    It was not an hour long episode. Why are you spouting garbage that's easily refutable?
    https://natalie.mu/comic/news/147858

    https://m.bilibili.com/video/av3399103.html

    🙄

  13. #14953

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Chrior View Post
    How much have the sales increased during the current arc in % terms? I also said that not liking an arc's development affects a weekly reader more than a volume reader.
    15% from the previous arc though the Hideout Raid coincided with the series second boost in sales. Bleach fans had the exact same mentality and the series sales didn't improve as its ranks fell. In fact there really isn't some sort of correlations between volume readers versus weekly readers other than more people in Japan are willing to buy a full volume than read in Jump nowadays.
    At least from my experience, the series started dropping in the ToC at the same time I started being tired of the arc. I think that contributed for this question.
    So the arc that had good rankings up to that point dropped towards the end. Doesn't really make sense especially since one chapter sprang back up to the top 3 after the drop happened.

    On the rest of your points, Kimetsu hasn't been a bottom dweller since the end of 2016, by the time it reached chapter 40 or something. It had risen to a regular top 3 by the beginning of 2017 already.
    Kimestu's rankings didn't start getting good until May of last year which already enough coincided with it also getting an author recommendation from Togashi. The arc fatigue didn't effect the rankings for it either I wonder why

    Dr. Stone has only left the top 5 once since chapter 20. No argument there.
    Everything about Dr. Stone is similar to Black Clover in that its been pushed artificially from its conception and it initial rankings were not good either.


    The rise of Kimetsu, Stone and Neverland predates the drop of MHA by a bit. The 2 aren't exactly related. In regards to Black Clover, I can't find an explanation for it. It does feel like it is being pushed artifically, at least from the amount of colour and cover pages it has been getting, it seems so excessive (We Never Learn too, way too much teenage fanservice going on there...)
    All series rise into the Top 5 coincide with the new EiC taking reigns and of course the PUSH campaign that started with those titles taking center stage hence why they are frequently in the Top 5 every week outside Robot which is following the same metric of Kuroko which was also a bottom dweller until the anime came and was a huge hit. It just goes to show that its foolish to think that the ToC has anything to do with quality.

  14. #14954
    Shipmate Kaizou 10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Somewhere in Planet Earth

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateBar999 View Post
    Your assumption is based on a ignorant notion that you need to be a 1 million seller to be considered a top seller most manga don't even sell 500k to begin with. The amount of anime with a substantial anime boost can be counted by one hand the rest were already top sellers befor their respective anime came in.
    As KageKageKing said, dude, where did I even said that? I didn't even said those things. Man, you can't even read anything.

    I said that the anime boost come to many shape and don't have to be such thing as the series needs to sell 600-700k in order to consider anime boost. Even if the margin is small, if the series able to increase its volume sale lots after the anime, that considered anime boost. For example, the series is called Yuru Camp used to sell like below 15k before the anime, but now it sell like 50k after anime. I think that considered as anime boost as well. That's what I meant as anime boost.

    I think your assumption is based on a ignorant notion that you need to be a 1 million seller to be considered a top seller most manga don't even sell 500k to begin with.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateBar999 View Post
    Nothing you posted countered any of my points. OP is ranked highly because its popular so this should apply to everything else. It does not matter how popular OP is because not everyone who reads OP follows it in Jump just basing on the magazine's circulation versus OP's volume sales.
    Again, you think the manga industry is some kind of social work industry which give

    Yes, not everyone who read OP follows it in Jump and this goes same as Haikyuu and MHA. However, OP has like 100 times more fanbase to support both Haikyuu and MHA. Plus, as I said, OP is in whole different level right now, so it'll get special treatment which others aren't going to get it. Sounds unfair, but that's a reality.

    Plus, whatever the crap you are saying, the ToC, itself, already proving my point since OP always in top 5 and Haikyuu/MHA isn't in top 5. So, basically, its ranking already showing that the volume sale isn't important for the series placement.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateBar999 View Post
    Now I know you're full of it. The episodes it was brought up was on the June 30th episode and the August 18th episode and both covered over more than just a 1 minute of conversation about Dr. Stone. If you're going to lie at least try to make yourself less obvious.
    Dude, you seriously think 1 minute to couple of minutes serious make big difference. Hell, since you're good at with date, on this year's January 26th episode, it focuses fully on Shima Kousaku, but did it get popular? Heck, they even did twice for Shima Kousaku. In addition, they did for Baki as well, did they get popular?

    You're pretty much on off-topic right now. The main point is that Dr. Stone was mentioned very shortly and this will not going to impact on boosting the volume sale. If you're saying it is big deal, then can you explain why BokuBen and Kimetsu having volume increase as much as Dr. Stone even though it wasn't mentioned in AmeTalk? And why Baki and Shima Kousaku don't have big boost when it got full episode focusing on those? You're saying AmeTalk has lots of influential, but why those two didn't get any boost? Why?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateBar999 View Post
    MHA was never on Ame Talk. Why are you lying so much?
    Dude, did I even said MHA was in AmeTalk? I only said 1 whole hour TV promotion, not AmeTalk promotion (it focused on different program).

    Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateBar999 View Post
    It was not an hour long episode. Why are you spouting garbage that's easily refutable?
    Oops, sorry, I forgot take out commercial during the shows. So, Kingdom had 46 minutes and 34 seconds episode in AmeTalk (credit to Brotato).

    OH, WAIT. AmeTalk, itself, said that they were focusing on Kingdom for 1 hour on beginning of the show. Thank you AmeTalk.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateBar999 View Post
    Neverland volumes were back on the Top 500 after that episode aired. How could Stone be in the process of growth when it wasn't even released until AFTER that episode aired?
    I'm seeing MHA volumes were in top 500 this week, did it get some kind of promotion which I wasn't aware of on last week? And I'm seeing Nanatsu no Taizai volumes were in top 500 this week? And I'm seeing Omoi, Omoware, Furi, Furare volume is back in top 500?

    Heck, I'm seeing Beastars volumes were in top 500 this week for getting high critical praise (which you said critical reception has nothing to do with volume boost).

    Do you want me to keep going?
    Last edited by Kaizou 10; April 2nd, 2018 at 05:10 PM.

  15. #14955

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaizou 10 View Post
    stuff
    So every series gets an anime boost is what you're saying now.


    Again, you think the manga industry is some kind of social work industry which give

    Yes, not everyone who read OP follows it in Jump and this goes same as Haikyuu and MHA. However, OP has like 100 times more fanbase to support both Haikyuu and MHA. Plus, as I said, OP is in whole different level right now, so it'll get special treatment which others aren't going to get it. Sounds unfair, but that's a reality.
    So the metric is flawed in itself because it doesn't account for anything other than what the editor placed.

    Plus, whatever the crap you are saying, the ToC, itself, already proving my point since OP always in top 5 and Haikyuu/MHA isn't in top 5. So, basically, its ranking already showing that the volume sale isn't important for the series placement.
    So how is it that OP is placed because of popularity yet Haikyuu and MHA aren't? That doesnt make sense.



    Dude, you seriously think 1 minute to couple of minutes serious make big difference. Hell, since you're good at with date, on this year's January 26th episode, it focuses fully on Shima Kousaku, but did it get popular? Heck, they even did twice for Shima Kousaku. In addition, they did for Baki as well, did they get popular?
    Shima Kousaku is already a hugely suceswsful series as well as Baki. What bad examples to use.

    You're pretty much on off-topic right now. The main point is that Dr. Stone was mentioned very shortly and this will not going to impact on boosting the volume sale. If you're saying it is big deal, then can you explain why BokuBen and Kimetsu having volume increase as much as Dr. Stone even though it wasn't mentioned in AmeTalk? And why Baki and Shima Kousaku don't have big boost when it got full episode focusing on those? You're saying AmeTalk has lots of influential, but why those two didn't get any boost? Why?
    Of course of it is because its promotion especially for a source of material that wasn't even released yet. This has happened many times before in the past. There's a thing called turn over rate. Maybe you should look it it. Not everyone is going to stick with a series for the duration.



    Dude, did I even said MHA was in AmeTalk? I only said 1 whole hour TV promotion, not AmeTalk promotion (it focused on different program).
    Ame Talk is among the most popular programs in Japan. Just saying something gets promotion is utterly worthless if its now on a popular format where everyone was watching.



    Oops, sorry, I forgot take out commercial during the shows. So, Kingdom had 46 minutes and 34 seconds episode in AmeTalk (credit to Brotato).

    OH, WAIT. AmeTalk, itself, said that they were focusing on Kingdom for 1 hour on beginning of the show. Thank you AmeTalk.
    Good to see that neither you or him watched the episode.



    I'm seeing MHA volumes were in top 500 this week, did it get some kind of promotion which I wasn't aware of on last week?
    Yeah its anime is coming back this week and it has a new volume out this week . Maybe you slept on that? What does that have to do with Neverland's promotion on AmeTalk helping its sales?


    Heck, I'm seeing Beastars volumes were in top 500 this week for getting high critical praise (which you said critical reception has nothing to do with volume boost).
    What volume boost? Nothing has even happened yet. You keep grasping for straws and I'll keep proving you wrong.

  16. #14956
    Shipmate Kaizou 10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Somewhere in Planet Earth

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateBar999 View Post
    So every series gets an anime boost is what you're saying now.
    Dude, didn't you even read my comments for this whole time? I said that the anime boost isn't frequently happening, but there are lots of series get anime boost. So, anime boost isn't really rare.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateBar999 View Post
    So the metric is flawed in itself because it doesn't account for anything other than what the editor placed.

    So how is it that OP is placed because of popularity yet Haikyuu and MHA aren't? That doesnt make sense.
    Man, I'm tired of this argument now. Not matter what I said you're not really listening.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateBar999 View Post
    Shima Kousaku is already a hugely suceswsful series as well as Baki. What bad examples to use.
    And so was Kingdom before AmeTalk. My point is even Kingdom was already successful, AmeTalk helped push it even more. So, based on your argument about AmeTalk being influential program, this phenomena should happen to Shima Kousaku and Baki as well. But, it didn't. Again, you're not focusing on the point.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateBar999 View Post
    Of course of it is because its promotion especially for a source of material that wasn't even released yet. This has happened many times before in the past. There's a thing called turn over rate. Maybe you should look it it. Not everyone is going to stick with a series for the duration.

    Ame Talk is among the most popular programs in Japan. Just saying something gets promotion is utterly worthless if its now on a popular format where everyone was watching.
    It sound like you think AmeTalk is some kind god program which make everything popular, but it isn't. Heck, I know there is even way more popular and influential program in Japan, called Gyouretsu no Dekiru Houritsu Soudanjo, which shortly mentioned manga series, just like Dr. Stone, but it never had any boost. Just short mentioning isn't going to make big difference you know.

    And yet again, you missed the main point. You didn't argue why BokuBen and Kimetsu have same amount of increase as Dr. Stone even though it wasn't mentioned or promoted in AmeTalk.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateBar999 View Post
    Good to see that neither you or him watched the episode.
    And good to see that you didn't watch it either. Heck, maybe you think Mayweather and Pacquiao got popular in Japan after that episode.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateBar999 View Post
    Yeah its anime is coming back this week and it has a new volume out this week . Maybe you slept on that? What does that have to do with Neverland's promotion on AmeTalk helping its sales?
    Because not just Neverland, there are plenty of many other series which able to come back in top 500. You should have tried top 50, not top 500. Nice try.

    Yes, and did MHA anime aired and new volume released? Based on your argument, the increase should happened after those were released. Heck, you are avoiding other questions like why NnT and Omoi making back in top 500 while they didn't have anything.


    Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateBar999 View Post
    What volume boost? Nothing has even happened yet. You keep grasping for straws and I'll keep proving you wrong.
    So, you're saying Neverland making top 500 is very big thing, but Beastars, series which you probably never heard of, making top 500 isn't really big deal. You're just proving to others that you're doesn't think anything.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateBar999 View Post
    How could Stone be in the process of growth when it wasn't even released until AFTER that episode aired?
    So, you're saying that young series will never grow without any promotion from AmeTalk? Is it just people's imagination that BokuBen and Kimetsu are growing their volumes without any promotion from AmeTalk? God, I was wasting my time talking to you.

    I'm getting tired of talking to a person who try to change the subject since he knows he can't argue back and trying to twist people's comment. You're whole argument didn't even convince anybody. Good luck to try convince people from now on.

  17. #14957

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    Honestly a tad surprised this arguement is still going on.

  18. #14958
    Shipmate Kaizou 10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Somewhere in Planet Earth

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    Honestly a tad surprised this arguement is still going on.
    Yeah, I'm surprised too. But, I'm going to stop now since that person just want to be a troll.

  19. #14959
    King of Little Sisters ~ Chrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Still trying to climb Wano's waterfall

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    I don't even know what he is trying to prove anymore. What is wrong about Jump promoting these cool newer series and why is it bad that MHA hasn't been so up in the ToC lately?

  20. #14960
    Shipmate Kaizou 10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Somewhere in Planet Earth

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Chrior View Post
    I don't even know what he is trying to prove anymore. What is wrong about Jump promoting these cool newer series and why is it bad that MHA hasn't been so up in the ToC lately?
    He's kind of like Bleach fans, who think his favorite series deserves some kind of special treatment.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts