+ Reply to Thread
Page 737 of 844 FirstFirst ... 237 637 687 727 735 736 737 738 739 747 787 837 ... LastLast
Results 14,721 to 14,740 of 16875

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

Young Jump Issue 7:
    Kingdom (Lead CP)
    Dorokei
    Tokyo Ghoul:re
    7's
    Himouto! Umaru-chan G
    Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai (CP)
    Golden Kamuy
    Blue Phobia
    Bungo
    Diner
    Bathroom no Pepen (CP)
    Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu
    Fushigi no Kuni no Namihee-san
    Riku-dou
    Rin to Cheer。
    Apple Road (CP, One Shot)
    Minamoto-kun Monogatari
    Retort Pouch!
    Snack Basue
    Tamata
    Helvetica

Motoyan (Absent)

Young Jump Issue 8:
    Lead CP: Tokyo Ghoul:re
    CP: Minamoto-kun Monogatari, Diner, Heroine Jijou (One Shot)

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Young Jump Issue 7 Color Pages:
    Hidden:

Kingdom

Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai

Bathroom no Pepen

Apple Road (One Shot)

Jump SQ.Crown 2018 Winter Issue Color Pages:
    Hidden:

Sousei no Onmyouji Adashino Benio-hen

D.Gray-man

Kawasemi to Hiwa (One Shot)

Kekkai Sensen Back 2 Back

Grand Jump Issue 4 Color Pages:
    Hidden:

Funouhan

Kingyo Zuma

Ultra Jump February Issue Color Pages:
    Hidden:

No Guns Life

Mononogatari

Rapaz Theme Park

It looks like Shueisha is releasing some good series since the beginning of this year. It looks 2018 may possibly be a good year for Shueisha.

Shounen Jump Issue 8 Color Pages:
    Hidden:

Act-Age (New Series)

Kimetsu no Yaiba

Bozebeats

Shounen Jump Issue 9 Preview:
    Hidden:

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizou 10 View Post
    It looks like Shueisha is releasing some good series since the beginning of this year. It looks 2018 may possibly be a good year for Shueisha---
    And what are those good series you are talking about ?

Bozebeast had a very focused first chapter:

Here's our mentor, he's a battle buhdist monk, owns a holy machine gun.

Here's our protagonist, he was raised by wolves in hokaido, left by his parents, has the same power as high level evil spirits. His goal is to find out who he is.

He ate his wolf mom soul by accident, but she was ok with it because she finally got to talk to him.

Here are the evil mooks, spirits of people who die with regret, they eat souls, human souls taste better and are more filling.

Comparing it to the mess that was U19, that machinegunned us with concepts, characters and organizations, this one just machineguns the monster.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    And what are those good series you are talking about ?
    Jump's two new series (Bozebeats and Act-Age) are getting good reaction from both readers and fellow mangakas. Also, Jump+ started a new series, called Jigokuraku, and many people are saying that it is more interesting than Jump's two new series.

U19 actually took 2 chapters to machinegun the general concepts.

Hidden:

elDLIVE Volume 9

Fire Punch Volume 8 (Final)

Kanata no Astra Volume 5 (Final)

Vigilante -Boku no Hero Academia Illegals- Volume 3

Hinmin Choujin Kanenashi-kun Volume 3 (Final)

Roji-ura Bunch Volume 2

Saguri-chan Tanken-tai Volume 1

Summer Time Renda Volume 1

Darling in the FranXX Volume 1

On act age, the way that they paint the "dangers of acting" while is obvious on the action and context, on the actual dialog it feels awkward. A mundane drama, seemingly without romance (for now), has something like that ever existed in jump? Death note and promised Neverland seem the closest on the drama side, but with their supernatural elements and peculiar sense of humor make act age feel out of place.

I kind of like it, but it doesn't seem like a good fit for jump.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Shounen Jump Issue 9:
    Yakusoku no Neverland (Cover, Lead CP)
    One Piece
    Bozebeats
    Hunter×Hunter (CP, Resume)
    Black Clover
    Kimetsu no Yaiba
    Haikyuu!!
    Saiki Kusuo no Sainan
    Act-Age (CP)
    Boku-tachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai
    Boku no Hero Academia
    Shokugeki no Souma
    Seishun!! Sanae no Daibouken (One Shot)
    Hinomaru Zumou
    Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
    Spring Weapon Number One
    Gintama
    Robot×Laserbeam
    Full Drive
    Golem Hearts
    Tomatoypoo no Lycopene

Dr. Stone (Absent)

Shounen Jump Issue 10:
    Cover, Lead CP: Gintama
    CP: Shokugeki no Souma, Boku no Hero Academia

It looks like Gintama possibly going to end on Issue 10.

This was the cover on the day that naruto ended:

Just saying, gintama has currently 21 chapters without volume, with these 2 they would end in 23, so they would have to push uneven numbered volumes, 8-8-7, while gintama averages 9 or 10 chapters per volume.

Neither point is hard evidence tho, but jump series very rarely end on the cover. You could count them in one hand.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

"Nothing gets the cover in its last issue" they said. For some reason, I'm glad they're wrong.
    On another note, yet another prominent manga leaves the roster. Will Bozebeats be its replacement? I mean, other than the parody, Gintama is considered a battle manga. And while Bozebeats is not a typical battle manga, it seems it'll lean heavily on action. And the series still hasn't shown everything up its sleeve, maybe it'll get a humanoid villain, bringing it closer to that category. Well, if it continues, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    This was the cover on the day that naruto ended:

https://i.imgur.com/dyZ26iO_d.jpg?ma...idelity=medium

Just saying, gintama has currently 21 chapters without volume, with these 2 they would end in 23, so they would have to push uneven numbered volumes, 8-8-7, while gintama averages 9 or 10 chapters per volume.

Neither point is hard evidence tho, but jump series very rarely end on the cover. You could count them in one hand.
    Don't forget that Naruto had a cover page the week before, plus a chapter colored in its entirety. I guess maybe Gintama got lucky, with no important announcements to be made for other series, thus nothing else needs to be promoted, or maybe because it didn't get to have the cover for issue 9. Anyways, I won't really care if Gintama ended on issue 10 or something, actually I'll be somewhat happy. It's just I hate people making up unwritten rules, the obvious reason why almost nothing gets the cover page when it's ending is because dozens of other manga that deserve to be promoted more than an ending one, but that's no rule.

Good work, Kaizou for keep posting ToC every week :)
    By the way, the spoiler provider is just saying Gintama will enter climax of final arc on issue 10. It doesn't confirm Gintama finishing on that issue.

source: http://matsuri.2ch.net/test/read.cgi...1516713896/242

And yet, on over 600 series, like 5 have obtained that honor. Gintama deserves it? Fuck yeah. Torino/bleach/naruto/nisekoi/assclass deserve it? You could argue for ass class and naruto, not for the others.

The other series ended with a new series starting, so that and their lower sales and popularity justify it in my eyes, Hell, naruto could just as easily swaped covers with assassination classroom for a week, both drawings had to be ready by then.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    And yet, on over 600 series, like 5 have obtained that honor. Gintama deserves it? Fuck yeah. Torino/bleach/naruto/nisekoi/assclass deserve it? You could argue for ass class and naruto, not for the others.

The other series ended with a new series starting, so that and their lower sales and popularity justify it in my eyes, Hell, naruto could just as easily swaped covers with assassination classroom for a week, both drawings had to be ready by then.
    Again, that's because you assume there's a hidden rule and the ones which don't follow that rule are the exceptions. If a very popular manga that is ending needs to be promoted for its upcoming movie (sequel) or TV series, they won't care about an imaginary rule that says they can't put it on cover page, and no they won't move the announcements to other issue because other companies are involved.
    Also, while you provide some well sounding arguments, I'm still not sold on the idea, that doesn't mean I dismiss your thoughts, but I'd like to hear it from an editor or a mangaka, otherwise it remains a theory circulating between the fans. And while it makes sense because of how we saw many manga ending without it in their last issue, it still doesn't make sense on paper that a magazine has a rule to not put an ending manga on its cover deliberately.

It seems like I was mistaken, not even Dragon Ball got the cover for its final chapter: gotta check Slam Dunk and Kuramada's first long series next.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/weekl...5/4000-540321/

Slam Dunk got it:
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/weekl...6/4000-514836/

Kochikame got it:
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/weekl...6/4000-549901/

I get that I'm not editorial department, but the historic evidence is in my side, with the full color endings series like kuramada's first big series, dragon ball and naruto didn't get the cover.

This is not a random, this is a committee that makes this decision, and has made consistent decisions for 50 years with 2 exceptions. Even if its not a hard rule, they have to ask themselves "is this series bigger than dragon ball, or more important to the magazine?"
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Some Sorta Bumhead, Surely Maxy B's Avatar

The decision is usually just “do we give the largest promotion to a series that is over, or focus on the new”.
    It’s a hard choice for any publisher, but it makes sense for certain series, whether they’re just huge or have an anime ongoing or even if it’s by an author they want to keep in their good graces for future serials.
    None of us have editorial/publishing access, but this sorta thing definitely feels like a business decision as much as a celebration

Speaking of weird business decisions, I decided to check if there was any Gintama for me to buy and I uncovered something weird.

Spain currently has a few different editorials with Shueisha rights, Planeta Comics has Naruto, Saint Seiya, One Piece, My Hero Academia and Dragon Ball, Panini Comics has Bleach, Food Wars, (sigh) kenshin, Gantz, and some others, Ivrea has I think only Slam Dunk of note but I don't feel like cheking right now, and Norma Comics has Black Clover, Blue Exorcist, Nura, Death Note, Bakuman (not many, but they have the high end of non Shueisha series, like Fullmetal Alchemist, Attack on Titan, Seven Deadly Sins, Fairy Tail)

Well, there was another editorial who got royally screwed out of the rights of Shueisha series: Bleach, Naruto, Gantz, (sigh) kenshin, Saint Seiya, and apparently Gintama.

The story isn't clear if Shueisha rescinded, they sold the rights to other editorials behind their backs, or the rights just expired and the other editorials went all shark on those deals, but that editorial didn't survive losing the publication rights to so many hard hitters.

The weird part is that you'd think that they would sell them to just one editorial to consolidate the brand in Spain and try to make ways into the rest of the Hispanic sphere, but no they sold them to at least two editorials.

Cruel business decisions aside, no one picked up Gintama, I only have listed up to like volume 17-20 in Amazon and comic resellers.

Weirdly, some tv station from the southwest of Spain that I don't even get here hast the rights of the Gintama anime (the first 200 episodes, and the series just after that one), so that could be why Crunchyroll is not able to show these episodes here.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

King of Little Sisters ~ Chrior's Avatar

I'd be inclined to believe Gintama will NOT finish on issue 10 because it would mean that the last volumes would be either too short or too long. Plus, a series in Jump usually ends as another begins, and the next batch of series should start in less than 10 issues from now. That would coincide with Gintama getting a nice number of chapters for its last few volumes, as well as giving it enough time to neatly wrap up its end, instead of fast forwarding it like Bleach. The pacing has been pretty slow in this final fight, but it really is coming to an end. If WSJ was really insistent in ending this series, then it would have ended as the new ones, Bozebeats and Act-age, began.

Going out with an 8 - 8 - 7, or 8 - 8 - 8 would be possible if ends on the 10th, especially with an extra long chapter or two chapters on the final issue like Naruto did.

For series and replacements, we just got two and lost two, but you have to count the HxH space. The magazine is supposed to run 20 series, isn't it?

The Wikipedia list has 23, but we have to discount World Trigger and Boruto, so we would have 21 series for a while.

I kind of want to check on some TOCs, but that's too much work right now.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information