+ Reply to Thread
Page 73 of 844 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 83 123 173 573 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 16875

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

Quote Originally Posted by Kareem Said View Post
    If someone could list the amount of covers each series got that would be great, because I'm sadly too lazy, One Piece and Naruto got the most I know that much, but I'm curious about the others. And yeah thanks for sharing.
    Sket Dance: 1 cover

Quote Originally Posted by Kareem Said View Post
    No it was something else, it's the image that's on TV Tropes page for Shonen. Although I would like to see that one as well.

Quote Originally Posted by No Maam View Post
    Wait, Soul Hunter was made by SJ ?
    Yes, it's called houshin engi, you should check out the manga.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by IceBorg View Post
    Hey now, Hunter x Hunter had 0 covers (although I guess that at least has the justification that HxH was barely in SJ that year, if at all) still sucks though, since Bleach had at least 5 covers.

And it was a game, huh? Well that clears that up, I thought it was an actual cover for the magazine.
    My Hero Academia is my favorite manga series right now. At least so long as the high of its greatness remains. United States of Smash.

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    Yes, it's called houshin engi, you should check out the manga.
    Watched the anime ages ago.

Quote Originally Posted by No Maam View Post
    Watched the anime ages ago.
    They changed everything, read the manga.

Though now I remember, the studio announced they will make soon a new adaptation that follows the original plot.
    3DS FC: 0087 - 2971 - 9910

In your mind. I'm a figment of your imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekketsu View Post
    They changed everything, read the manga.

Though now I remember, the studio announced they will make soon a new adaptation that follows the original plot.
    Agreed. The manga is infinitely better, and I say that as someone who watched the anime first and loved it up until I read the original source material. There is absolutely no comparison between the two. None.
    I really do hope that they follow through with a proper adaptation though. It deserves one. Though given some of the tastes of the current anime crowd, I have to wonder if the over the top designs would be too off putting for most.

Ghhh, I loved houshin engi but I understand how many fangirl bait there are in the manga (Fusen, Youzen, Roshi)

After seeing new Kenshin I'm cautious about this adaptation.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

I'm hoping the big next gen's that replace naruto and Bleach will be toriko and beelzebub!!!

two of my favorite series now

Member of Beelzebub is Freakin' Awesome Group
    what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

Quote Originally Posted by choperman View Post
    I'm hoping the big next gen's that replace naruto and Bleach will be toriko and beelzebub!!!

I agree One Hundred Percent.
    My Hero Academia is my favorite manga series right now. At least so long as the high of its greatness remains. United States of Smash.

Ulargara

Arghh when is the sequel of Jump Ultimate Stars coming out >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    The TYL arc is something mothers speak of in dark places to frighten their young.

I don't think I have it in me to talk about the TYL arc, honestly I would have to reread it to refamiliarize myself with all my many issues with it and just the thought of it is making my heart shrink. There were things that could have been done so well there, Tsuna could've had some lasting character development, but no, it was just a lot of fanservice and fights that went nowhere and missed opportunities in an extremely long and painful arc. Others liked it, but the BOX WEAPON system and the animals literally make me want to die, please please don't make me go to that dark place, where there is no light

where there is no sun
    Ah its okay its cool. I still rmb i used to have the same issue as the flames as you did, until i thought that the user could probably switch between their flame abilities and fire-damagin-qi.
    Quote Originally Posted by loledinmypants View Post
    Basically before raiding an enemy family's base, Gokudera's sister promises to talk to him about something, but this never happens afterward.
    IIRC Gokudera's sister did mention about it after the raid; its about the letters. I'm not disagreeing with everything you mentioned, just thought that i should mention that since i seem to remember it.
    Tick tick tick

I stand corrected on that point. I kind of remember that now, and I just lazily confirmed it via a wiki page for Bianchi. I just strongly remember that Yamamoto said he'd tell everyone the Arcobaleno story... and we still don't have that. Bianchi's promise is something I recalled after Yamamoto's and couldn't remember what came from it. The promise of an Arcobaleno backstory was a pretty big promise to break on Amano's part.
    Anyway, I'm starting to think any more of this "why Reborn is bad" conversation should be taken to the Reborn thread. It's pretty much been worn out there, but it's pretty offtopic for this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by choperman View Post

Awe man if this happened, it'd be epic! Toriko has already slowly been taking Bleach's place, I predict slowly in a year or two that Beelzebub could take Naruto's, that's going to be ending soon I'm sure, how long can they drag out that War with skipping some of the fights the rookie's or Kakashi have.
    Luffy fan.
    LuffyxHancock or LuffyxNami? I can't decide.

Before we all start thinking about Toriko and Beelzebub "replacing" Naruto and Bleach, I think there's some things to get straight.

first, Naruto and Bleach will continue to be popular after their end, similar to Dragonball. Perhaps not to the same extent, but it will take longer than just their end before they are forgotten from the "big three".

second, the "big three" are called that for a reason. They are the 3 most popular manga not only in Japan, but in America as well. That counts for something. And Toriko and Beelzebub have a LONG way before they can even approach such levels of American popularity. Which I think is necessary to truly be called part of any "big three". This, and the former point, mean that if a new "big three" does form, it won't happen overnight.

thirdly, I doubt Beelzebub can ever become a truly top-tier manga, in terms of mass merchandising and fandom. Why? Because it is a gag manga, at least half the time. Similar to Gintama. It just isn't suitable for mass marketing, unless it shifts away from the humor (which I hope it does not).

lastly, why does there need to be a "big three"? There has never been one before. Before One Piece, there was kinda Yu Yu Hakusho and Kenshin, a little? And before that it was Dragonball. All I'm saying is, don't think that there is a magic triumvirate of slots for the top tier of manga. I predict that after Naruto and Bleach end, One Piece will be the undisputed king of manga until it ends. Meanwhile, Toriko, Beelzebub, Gintama, and a few other series will fight it out for a second-tier status.

Yu Yu Hakusho started and ended when Dragon Ball was still on serialization. Just sayin'

One Piece was made before Naruto and Bleach and if I recall right, two other anime were in the top 3 along with One Piece. I find it funny, that its going to be doing that all over again once Bleach and Naruto do end, I know they'll be pretty popular of course but.
    Luffy fan.
    LuffyxHancock or LuffyxNami? I can't decide.

Toriko will always be in the top 3 in our hearts.

Issue 23 Cover

Spoiler:

The new series is Hanasaka Ikkyuu. If you haven't read the one-shot, here is the link.
    Last edited by RDarren; May 10th, 2011 at 05:23 AM.

More orange ?

The guy's face looks crooked.

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3762-9083

Really, I'm pretty sure that if Togashi really does his job and writes HxH regularly then it should be at least equivalent to the popularity of the current big 3, I wonder if that would make it a big 4 or would it replace Bleach for 3rd?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information