+ Reply to Thread
Page 729 of 844 FirstFirst ... 229 629 679 719 727 728 729 730 731 739 779 829 ... LastLast
Results 14,561 to 14,580 of 16875

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

  1. #14561

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    I always have a hard time figuring out which chapters caused high ratings or low ones. Shokugeki has been all over the place and it's down low again.

  2. #14562

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    I always have a hard time figuring out which chapters caused high ratings or low ones. Shokugeki has been all over the place and it's down low again.
    It doesn't matter. The EiC is the one that ultimately makes the decision.

  3. #14563

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    EiC is Editor-in-Chief btw.

  4. #14564

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateBar999 View Post
    It doesn't matter. The EiC is the one that ultimately makes the decision.
    EiC is the one deciding the rankings? I thought they were based on feedback from the readers.

  5. #14565
    Shipmate Kaizou 10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Somewhere in Planet Earth

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    EiC is the one deciding the rankings? I thought they were based on feedback from the readers.
    It is based on the feedback from the readers, but the chief editor may impact on the ranking as well (like first 7 ranking for new series).

  6. #14566

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    EiC is the one deciding the rankings? I thought they were based on feedback from the readers.
    The infamous interview with Oda states that while feedback from readership is necessary what order the ToC goes in is ultimately up to the editor in chief. One Piece will always be in the top 3 for example (I think it only left the top 5 once and that was only because Oda sent in his manuscript late that week) because of popularity but everything else is depending on reader feedback but even if a chapter is well-received the EiC would still decide to push another series ahead of it.

  7. #14567
    Shipmate Kaizou 10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Somewhere in Planet Earth

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    This Week's Jump Comic Sales:

    01. One Piece #87 (1,505,639)
    02. Boku no Hero Academia #16 (274,338)
    03. Shokugeki no Souma #27 (174,721)
    04. Dragon Ball Super #4 (150,889)
    05. Yakusoku no Neverland #6 (144,360)
    06. Boruto -Naruto Next Generations- #4 (136,286)
    07. Owari no Seraph #15 (129,313)
    09. Dragon Ball Gaiden Tensei Shitara Yamcha Datta Ken (78,822)
    11. Platinum End #7 (73,951)
    14. Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san #8 (64,523)
    16. Sousei no Onmyouji #13 (57,905)
    22. Yuukoku no Moriarty #4 (37,331)
    31. Haikyuu!! #28 (25,702 / 640,913)
    32. Hinomaru Zumou #17 (24,251)
    35. Shokugeki no Souma L'etoile #5 (21,502)
    36. Katsugeki Touken Ranbu #1 (21,048)
    37. Kemono Jihen #3 (21,036)
    46. Jigoku Sensei Nuuuubeeee Neo #12 (17,485)
    50. Fire Punch #7 (16,827)
    Last edited by Kaizou 10; November 8th, 2017 at 08:05 PM.

  8. #14568

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaizou 10 View Post

    It looks like Kishimoto Masashi (author of Naruto) going to release one shot on Weekly Morning (from Kodansha) as part of its 35th year anniversary. I wonder whether this is one time thing or Kishi decided to move to different magazine.
    Its a misprint. Its his twin brother Seishi Kishimoto (author of 666 Satan).
    https://twitter.com/MangaMagJapon/st...616320/photo/1

  9. #14569
    Shipmate Kaizou 10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Somewhere in Planet Earth

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateBar999 View Post
    Its a misprint. Its his twin brother Seishi Kishimoto (author of 666 Satan).
    https://twitter.com/MangaMagJapon/st...616320/photo/1
    Yeah, I just found out too.

  10. #14570
    Some Sorta Bumhead, Surely Maxy B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    East Sussex, United Kingdom

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaizou 10 View Post
    It is based on the feedback from the readers, but the chief editor may impact on the ranking as well (like first 7 ranking for new series).
    Based on but not decided by. It’s a table of contents and not a ranking. Between editors on the radio, Eiichiro Oda, and the former EiC who works for Viz now that has got to be clear. The 8 week rule was a myth perpetuated over years. It would be bad business to use it as a literal ranking, even if the idea of unpopular series being towards the back is true.

    Please, can we all just let this die?


  11. #14571
    Shipmate Kaizou 10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Somewhere in Planet Earth

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxy B View Post
    Based on but not decided by. It’s a table of contents and not a ranking. Between editors on the radio, Eiichiro Oda, and the former EiC who works for Viz now that has got to be clear. The 8 week rule was a myth perpetuated over years. It would be bad business to use it as a literal ranking, even if the idea of unpopular series being towards the back is true.

    Please, can we all just let this die?
    I'm not sure. I believe the editors didn't really give clear explanation about their system.

  12. #14572

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    We only have rumors and Bakuman to go by.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

  13. #14573

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    IThe table of contents still definitely gives you a good idea of the popularity of each series (like, it's no coincidence One Piece is always 1, 2, or 3, and the stuff that ends up cancelled is always at the bottom) but yeah definitely not an exact science, especially with the middle ranking series, I'm sure.

  14. #14574
    Shipmate Kaizou 10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Somewhere in Planet Earth

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    Young Jump Issue 50:
    Riku-dou (Lead CP)
    Kingdom
    Bathroom no Pepen
    Fushigi no Kuni no Namihee-san
    Tokyo Ghoul:re
    Usogui
    Motoyan (CP)
    Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai
    Bungo
    Diner
    Tamata
    Rin to Cheer。(CP)
    Minamoto-kun Monogatari
    Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu
    Snack Basue
    Helvetica
    Keppeki Danshi! Aoyama-kun
    Himouto! Umaru-chan (CP, Part 1 End)
    Black Night Parade
    Jijii no Umagoto (One Shot)
    Ame Dake Watashi ni Mikata Suru (One Shot)

    Yuizaki-san wa Nageru!
    Full Drum

    Golden Kamuy (Absent)

    Young Jump Issue 51:
    Lead CP: Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu
    CP: Minamoto-kun Monogatari, Black Night Parade, Full Drum (End)

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Hidden:

    Toumei Ningen no Hone Volume 1



  15. #14575
    Some Sorta Bumhead, Surely Maxy B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    East Sussex, United Kingdom

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaizou 10 View Post
    I'm not sure. I believe the editors didn't really give clear explanation about their system.
    Then all the more reason to not treat any of it like an exact science ourselves.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mumbo View Post
    IThe table of contents still definitely gives you a good idea of the popularity of each series (like, it's no coincidence One Piece is always 1, 2, or 3, and the stuff that ends up cancelled is always at the bottom) but yeah definitely not an exact science, especially with the middle ranking series, I'm sure.
    Yeah there’s definitely stuff to it, especially at the back. Just always best to treat it as a loose indication at most.


    Also unrelatedly here’s some circulation figures for Japanese anthologies, including Jump’s various mags. Generally minor declines all around (as per with comics publishing) but Weekly Young Jump increases by a couple thousand copies, which is nice. http://www.mangamag.fr/actualite/act...mbre-2017/amp/


  16. #14576
    Shipmate Kaizou 10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Somewhere in Planet Earth

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxy B View Post
    Then all the more reason to not treat any of it like an exact science ourselves.
    And there is no reason to treat that 8 weeks rule is false. Jump editors don't really say anything about this rule (and I doubt they ever will), so people who like believe 8 weeks rule should stick to it. If you don't believe it, then that's fine.

  17. #14577
    Some Sorta Bumhead, Surely Maxy B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    East Sussex, United Kingdom

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaizou 10 View Post
    And there is no reason to treat that 8 weeks rule is false. Jump editors don't really say anything about this rule (and I doubt they ever will), so people who like believe 8 weeks rule should stick to it. If you don't believe it, then that's fine.
    It’s not that I don’t believe it, it’s that it’s not true. It was made up in online communities based on when failed series hit the bottom. We used to call it the 5 week rule just a decade ago. Part of why editors don’t say anything about it is simply because it’s not a thing to say stuff about.

    It’s not the most harmful thing, I get it. But when communities put too much credence in something like this it’s unhealthy, and warps the way we look at these magazines, to say nothing of all the armchair commentators acting as if it’s gospel fact.

    I’m being curmudgeonly here I know. But man after seeing this grow as an idea over like eleven years I can’t help but make the effort to help dispel it, especially with all the actual info we’ve gotten from verifiable sources in the last few years


  18. #14578
    Shipmate Kaizou 10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Somewhere in Planet Earth

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxy B View Post
    Part of why editors don’t say anything about it is simply because it’s not a thing to say stuff about.
    Well, that's just your assumption as well. The editor isn't going to write every little thing about how Jump is running, like do you think Jump going announce how their business is running? I doubt that. Also, the editors actually didn't even deny about the rule as well; so, they are standing at neutral right now.

    As I said, there are people who believe the Jump's ranking system (maybe not exactly 8 weeks, but somewhere near), and there are people who aren't. I'm actually the one who believe at least Jump's ToC reflects on the ranking. So, just stay with what people believe.

  19. #14579
    Some Sorta Bumhead, Surely Maxy B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    East Sussex, United Kingdom

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaizou 10 View Post
    Well, that's just your assumption as well. The editor isn't going to write every little thing about how Jump is running, like do you think Jump going announce how their business is running? I doubt that. Also, the editors actually didn't even deny about the rule as well; so, they are standing at neutral right now.

    As I said, there are people who believe the Jump's ranking system (maybe not exactly 8 weeks, but somewhere near), and there are people who aren't. I'm actually the one who believe at least Jump's ToC reflects on the ranking. So, just stay with what people believe.
    So because we don’t know *everything* about their business, we should believe a thing they’ve never even seen fit to commentate on? Man I just don’t know this is some flawed burden of proof stuff here. Also, when what they’re saying dictates the order of series in the magazine is a bunch of stuff that isn’t “feedback from 8 weeks ago” then it’s as good as a denial. You gotta question this stuff, especially when it’s a magazine label that a given person invest so much of their online identity into.

    I do worry this is sounding like a proper argument, so I do wanna just say that I am actually enjoying this chat very much and am finding it interesting to hear your angle on it


  20. #14580
    Shipmate Kaizou 10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Somewhere in Planet Earth

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxy B View Post
    So because we don’t know *everything* about their business, we should believe a thing they’ve never even seen fit to commentate on? Man I just don’t know this is some flawed burden of proof stuff here. Also, when what they’re saying dictates the order of series in the magazine is a bunch of stuff that isn’t “feedback from 8 weeks ago” then it’s as good as a denial. You gotta question this stuff, especially when it’s a magazine label that a given person invest so much of their online identity into.

    I do worry this is sounding like a proper argument, so I do wanna just say that I am actually enjoying this chat very much and am finding it interesting to hear your angle on it
    If you're just talking about 8 weeks rule, then I get your point. It is possibly not exactly 8 weeks, but I do think there is some period which every new series are not being ranked and their first ranking showed several weeks after. And I think that is definitely happening.

    Plus, those ranking should reflect on the reader's comment, like how can you explain why certain series are always in the back and some are front. If is random, then series should placed everywhere, like OP being placed on the bottom. The ToC should reflect the results from the readers.

    For me personally, I'm not detailed oriented like checking what chapter was it on 8 weeks ago. But, at least, ToC are guideline for the current series' reception.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 2 guests)

  1. HEATXZ

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts