+ Reply to Thread
Page 72 of 844 FirstFirst ... 22 62 70 71 72 73 74 82 122 172 572 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 16875

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

I have a confesion to make.. I've taken "All acording to plan" as a catchphrase of mine.. I've been trolled by aizen!
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    I have a confesion to make.. I've taken "All acording to plan" as a catchphrase of mine.. I've been trolled by aizen!
    Isn't "All according to plan/keikkaku" Light Yagami?

I do that, too. :X But with Keikkaku, because I think that was so hilarious.

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3762-9083

Aizen is capable to plan out the whole life of a person, including all their battles, and knows about them even though he could not have seen them.

I think it's established since long ago that Aizen goes beyond impossible in terms of planning :P

yes, so with everything that happens I say that, not like ligth that goes into detail to his plans.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

http://www.filesonic.co.il/file/915975701/[One_Shot]_Godland_Company_-_IWASHIRO_Toshiaki.zip

Godland Company RAW. Looks pretty interesting.

I found something cool

Hidden:

All of last year's covers.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

I found something cool

omgggg luk at ichigo 5 dwn he iz soooo kawaiii desu desu!!!111oneone!!

That's really awesome, thanks a lot for sharing

I found something cool

If someone could list the amount of covers each series got that would be great, because I'm sadly too lazy, One Piece and Naruto got the most I know that much, but I'm curious about the others. And yeah thanks for sharing.

Hey does anyone remember that one image of all the Shonen Jump heroes, past and present, that had Goku, Luffy and Naruto at the center with other heroes surrounding them (although iirc Ichigo, Gon, Yusuke, Kenshin, Light, Sena and Hanamichi were more prominent than the others but anyway) can anyone post that image and list all of the characters in there, if it's not too much to ask.
    My Hero Academia is my favorite manga series right now. At least so long as the high of its greatness remains. United States of Smash.

Hmmm, that's the one of the 40th aniversary isn't it? the one where they were in a ship in the middle of a battle, and there were another 2 big ones, one with the villians (Even Dakki was on it! <3) and other of the non main character protagonist.

Don't have it but I hope that these comments would help someone else find it.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Hmmm, that's the one of the 40th aniversary isn't it? the one where they were in a ship in the middle of a battle, and there were another 2 big ones, one with the villians (Even Dakki was on it! <3) and other of the non main character protagonist.

Don't have it but I hope that these comments would help someone else find it.
    No it was something else, it's the image that's on TV Tropes page for Shonen. Although I would like to see that one as well.
    My Hero Academia is my favorite manga series right now. At least so long as the high of its greatness remains. United States of Smash.

Those posters are amazing. Murata is a great artist, and I really want to see another manga with his illustrations.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

> If you want the huge version with better resolution, go to here and save it yourself. http://safebooru.org/index.php?page=...view&id=614901

There were 4 posters. two of them combined to make a giant poster, so I merged them as best I could, and the other two probably did as well, but the pictures I have of them don't lend themselves to it.

Also, these things are huge. Each one is 8 times the size of a piece of paper, so that means that that giant one is 16 times the size. That's a pretty awesome poster to hang in your room.

now - How many characters can you name!? I get about 82, in all.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Bad_Lith View Post
    Those posters are amazing. Murata is a great artist, and I really want to see another manga with his illustrations.

Spoiler:
    http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/5564/jumpposter2.png

> If you want the huge version with better resolution, go to here and save it yourself. http://safebooru.org/index.php?page=...view&id=614901

There were 4 posters. two of them combined to make a giant poster, so I merged them as best I could, and the other two probably did as well, but the pictures I have of them don't lend themselves to it.

Also, these things are huge. Each one is 8 times the size of a piece of paper, so that means that that giant one is 16 times the size. That's a pretty awesome poster to hang in your room.

now - How many characters can you name!? I get about 82, in all.
    Have you read Donten Prism Solar Car? It is his latest work and it has great art.

why thank you for the notification! I guess I don't pay enough attention to new series unless they're in weekly jump.

Nice posters, wow I noticed Ichigo wasn't on as many as Luffy and Naruto were.
    Luffy fan.
    LuffyxHancock or LuffyxNami? I can't decide.

Ulargara

Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    I haven't even TALKED about the absolutely random pokemon battles involving genjutsu sea slugs that were added to give "spice" to the plot. I haven't even TALKED about the Time Travel Ten Years Into the Future arc.
    Holy shit, that was one interesting post. I can't wait for you to talk about ^
    Tick tick tick

Quote Originally Posted by 123 View Post
    Holy shit, that was one interesting post. I can't wait for you to talk about ^
    The TYL arc is something mothers speak of in dark places to frighten their young.

I don't think I have it in me to talk about the TYL arc, honestly I would have to reread it to refamiliarize myself with all my many issues with it and just the thought of it is making my heart shrink. There were things that could have been done so well there, Tsuna could've had some lasting character development, but no, it was just a lot of fanservice and fights that went nowhere and missed opportunities in an extremely long and painful arc. Others liked it, but the BOX WEAPON system and the animals literally make me want to die, please please don't make me go to that dark place, where there is no light

where there is no sun
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    There's a great lighthearted vibe around here, because no matter how serious we might get, we're all together because of some magical pirate.

Wait, Soul Hunter was made by SJ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    where there is no sun
    There are sun flames though And sun spiders and a sun kangaroo...

A few highlights of TYL arc aside from the stupid idea of elemental flame animals as weapons:

A slew of broken promises that would have entailed plot/character development. Basically before raiding an enemy family's base, Gokudera's sister promises to talk to him about something, but this never happens afterward. Similarly, Yamamoto promises to tell everyone the story of perhaps the most central group of characters to the story: the Arcobaleno, after the invasion. Again this never happens.

The supposed sub-big bad is a good guy, in a largely last second twist. Following this there's an asspull in that the Six Funeral Wreaths the team defeated were not the REAL Six Funeral Wreaths. Just about the most asinine way to lengthen an arc right there.

Then there's a team "strategy" game that just breaks down into 1-on-1 battles, with the match seemingly ending in a draw, but apparently if the target flame if relit by a guy with a zombie-like body, it doesn't count as having been extinguished, so the bad guys win. Oh and it was MAFIA GAMES ON MOTORCYCLES! In other words, an excuse for Amano to fangirl bait with bishounens on motorbikes.

The big bad of the arc has knowledge from every parallel universe and has conquered them all, except for this one where the mains get brought into the future with the rings they acquired in the Varia arc. Said big bad also brought another parallel version of himself to this universe inexplicably, who also inexplicably walks around naked. Anyway, to counter this seemingly all-knowing and all-powerful character, the first family randomly gets pooped out of the rings to upgrade them to their "true form" without any foreshadowing they could do that, and this became irrelevant after returning to the present and getting a textbook deus ex powerup from a never before or since mentioned old man after getting an ass-whooping at the beginning of the following arc. Similarly, to isolate Tsuna and Byakuran the big bad, their rings randomly "resonate" and make a barrier. Again this ability was never foreshadowed and likely will never appear afterward because it was implied it was those two specific rings that did it.

*curls up into a ball*

*bleeds from the soul*

):
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    There's a great lighthearted vibe around here, because no matter how serious we might get, we're all together because of some magical pirate.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information