+ Reply to Thread
Page 688 of 844 FirstFirst ... 188 588 638 678 686 687 688 689 690 698 738 788 ... LastLast
Results 13,741 to 13,760 of 16867

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

  1. #13741

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    Fair point, it got already all the hype that it was going to get.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

  2. #13742

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinigamiKing View Post
    .
    So why did the HunterxHunter anime last only 60 episodes? Was it too close to the manga? Cause I do remember it being paced out to compensate. And they had an OVA shortly afterwards.

    Did the Hiatuses ruin everything? Because most animes are made to increase the popularity of the manga, and in this case the manga was almost as popular as the anime. So it would have made sense for the anime to be long-running like One Piece.
    They certainly can't make more than 1 year full of filler episodes can't them?

  3. #13743
    Discovered Stowaway mario time's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    saudi arabia

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    i think attack on titan will outsell one piece in 2017
    the anime hype is real

  4. #13744
    Shipmate Kaizou 10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Somewhere in Planet Earth

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigivel View Post
    Well, for what I can see we are not in a "good time" for volume sales, but not in a bad situation either.
    Yeah, but most people think Jump is in bad situation.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by mario time View Post
    i think attack on titan will outsell one piece in 2017
    the anime hype is real
    Not too sure about that part. As Bigivel said, the second season usually doesn't give a boost. It would be lucky if the anime just help Titan to recover its old tank sale.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    They certainly can't make more than 1 year full of filler episodes can't them?
    Unfortunately, Nippon Animation doesn't have Togashi's story making talent.
    Last edited by Kaizou 10; December 28th, 2016 at 10:34 AM.

  5. #13745
    Discovered Stowaway Bigivel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Portugal

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaizou 10 View Post
    Yeah, but most people think Jump is in bad situation.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---



    Not too sure about that part. As Bigivel said, the second season usually doesn't give a boost. It would be lucky if the anime just help Titan to recover its old tank sale.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---



    Unfortunately, Madhouse doesn't have Togashi's story making talent.
    Not Madhouse, but Nippon Animation. And Nippon Animation has definitely better story making talent than Togashi!(Shots fired xP) And they could do more than 1 year fillers, but they decided not to.

  6. #13746
    Shipmate Kaizou 10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Somewhere in Planet Earth

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigivel View Post
    Not Madhouse, but Nippon Animation. And Nippon Animation has definitely better story making talent than Togashi!(Shots fired xP) And they could do more than 1 year fillers, but they decided not to.
    Oh, yeah. I forgot that we were talking about the old one. But, honestly, I don't think there is any anime studios which can come close to Togashi's story making skills.

  7. #13747
    Discovered Stowaway Bigivel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Portugal

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaizou 10 View Post
    Oh, yeah. I forgot that we were talking about the old one. But, honestly, I don't think there is any anime studios which can come close to Togashi's story making skills.
    Well, the 1999 anime is way better than the manga. The Leorio original content about his dead friend being just one of many examples.

  8. #13748
    Shipmate Kaizou 10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Somewhere in Planet Earth

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigivel View Post
    Well, the 1999 anime is way better than the manga. The Leorio original content about his dead friend being just one of many examples.
    Yeach, NA's anime is definitely way better than Madhouse's. But, I'm still skeptical about NA can make good long filler. Out of 92 episodes (including OVA), they only did 3 anime original episodes (of course they did add some anime original at the middle of the story), and that isn't really enough material to judge whether they can make good fillers.

  9. #13749
    Discovered Stowaway Bigivel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Portugal

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaizou 10 View Post
    Yeach, NA's anime is definitely way better than Madhouse's. But, I'm still skeptical about NA can make good long filler. Out of 92 episodes (including OVA), they only did 3 anime original episodes (of course they did add some anime original at the middle of the story), and that isn't really enough material to judge whether they can make good fillers.
    Are you talking of the 3.5 exam phase, right? That filler fleshed characters and showed more what an Hunter exam is than any of the exams, and arcs(in the fleshing out part).

  10. #13750
    Shipmate Kaizou 10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Somewhere in Planet Earth

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigivel View Post
    Are you talking of the 3.5 exam phase, right?
    Yeah. Just doing good job on 2 original episodes isn't necessary mean that they can do good 1 year original episodes. Doing 50 filler episodes is way different than 2 filler episodes.

  11. #13751

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    See gintama, first two episodes were terrible filler, but their filler season ends are glorious, and their extra scenes are very cool.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    I can't put every series in the chart, I'm filtering out anything that didn't manage one year of publication
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

  12. #13752
    Shipmate Kaizou 10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Somewhere in Planet Earth

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    See gintama, first two episodes were terrible filler, but their filler season ends are glorious, and their extra scenes are very cool.
    Gintama isn't really a good example for HxH's case (if you are trying to argue that part).

  13. #13753

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    I'm just saying when the anime team can match the manga author.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

  14. #13754
    Shipmate Kaizou 10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Somewhere in Planet Earth

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    I'm just saying when the anime team can match the manga author.
    Well, so far, I don't see any anime teams who have same story making skills as Togashi.

  15. #13755

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    A person is stronger at consistency than a team, yes.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

  16. #13756
    Discovered Stowaway Bigivel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Portugal

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    For me, I believe many anime writers are better than Togashi. Specially the one(s) responsible for HxH 1999. Nippon Animation in general has a really strong writing team. Unfortunately Nippon Animation is now only doing Chibi Maruko-chan. I don't know what happened, but they are just surviving with that.

    Also a lot of original anime from Toei Animation and Sunrise I like more and believe to be greater than Togashi. Also there are some original anime that come from other smaller companies, that from time to time surprise with their quality.

  17. #13757

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    I aversively disagree. They wrote nothing. Maybe they are better directors or editors, the dialog is very hard to judge because the layers of translations, but world, rules and characters? What did they create?
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

  18. #13758
    Discovered Stowaway Bigivel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Portugal

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    I aversively disagree. They wrote nothing. Maybe they are better directors or editors, the dialog is very hard to judge because the layers of translations, but world, rules and characters? What did they create?
    They who? Nippon Animation? And in HxH 1999? Did you watched any part of that anime? They flesh up every character, specially Gon. And they add a lot of original material that improves the experience. Just watch the 1st episode, and the meeting of Gon with Leorio(that if I'm remembering well is episode 2). The adventure and showing the world in the first part of the exam(or pre-exam), is so much improved. Watching the anime and then watching the manga, it appears like the manga is just the bones, the base structure, and then the anime added the meat.

    If you're talking of all the studios, there is many original series. Example, Cowboy Bebop, Code Geass or Love Live from Sunrise. Doremi, Precure, Digimon, Ashita no Nadja, Mononoke(and Ayakashi) and Kyosogiga from Toei Animation. Evangelion, Fuli Culi and Gurren Laggan from Gainax.
    Last edited by Bigivel; December 28th, 2016 at 05:00 PM.

  19. #13759

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigivel View Post
    They who? Nippon Animation? And in HxH 1999? Did you watched any part of that anime? They flesh up every character, specially Gon. And they add a lot of original material that improves the experience. Just watch the 1st episode, and the meeting of Gon with Leorio(that if I'm remembering well is episode 2). The adventure and showing the world in the first part of the exam(or pre-exam), is so much improved. Watching the anime and then watching the manga, it appears like the manga is just the bones, the base structure, and then the anime added the meat.
    I assume that was mostly to pace the anime out though, since it was only running about 1 and a half years worth chapters ahead and would have caught up quickly?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigivel View Post



    The 60 episodes was totally because of Togashi Hiatus. They passed to OVA because of that, but even that couldn't endure our friend Togashi hiatus.

    The anime increased the manga, by a lot. It went from 750k to 1.6M, almost 1 Million increase. I don't know what you mean by anime more popular than manga, but is audience, the HxH anime had way more people watching than the manga readers, as usual.
    Damn you're informative, thanks a lot! And when I said

    and in this case the manga was almost as popular as the anime
    I meant "the manga was almost as popular as One Piece". So my bad.

    Overall, is it safe to assume that if not for the hiatus, HunterxHunter's level of popularity could have been One Piece level in Japan, since some of it's later arcs (I haven't read them yet) are usually as well-regarded as the best OP arcs?
    FMA 03> FMA Brotherhood

  20. #13760
    Shipmate Kaizou 10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Somewhere in Planet Earth

    Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

    This Week's Jump Comic Sales:

    03. Jojo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 8 Jojolion #14 (212,231 / 216,042)
    14. One Punch-man #12 (59,959 / 646,111)
    16. Haikyuu!! #24 (55,133 / 695,394)
    43. One Piece #83 (24,383 / 2,524,034)
    47. Boruto -Naruto Next Generations- #2 (23,069 / 290,008)

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigivel View Post
    Specially the one(s) responsible for HxH 1999.
    Well, unfortunately, NA only did 3 original episodes (out of 92), and that's not enough to convince me that they write better than Togashi. It doesn't mean that NA are bad writers, it is just Togashi's writing style is one of top in the industries.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinigamiKing View Post
    Overall, is it safe to assume that if not for the hiatus, HunterxHunter's level of popularity could have been One Piece level in Japan, since some of it's later arcs (I haven't read them yet) are usually as well-regarded as the best OP arcs?
    Yeah. If Togashi have been more professional, HxH should be way bigger than current.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts