+ Reply to Thread
Page 687 of 844 FirstFirst ... 187 587 637 677 685 686 687 688 689 697 737 787 ... LastLast
Results 13,721 to 13,740 of 16871

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ShinigamiKing View Post
    Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but I don't wnana go to the official HunterxHunter thread to avoid spoilers;

How popular was HunterxHunter back in 1998? Was it bigger than One Piece? It seems so since it got an anime adaption in just 1 and a half years.
    Is kind hard to know without sales and etc but probably no, and World Trigger got a anime with 1 year and half, so really doesn't mean that much.

How popular was HunterxHunter back in 1998? Was it bigger than One Piece? It seems so since it got an anime adaption in just 1 and a half years.
    Nope, One Piece was slightly more bigger than HxH on 1998 (and the gap become bigger after that).

Young Jump Issue 5/6:
    Tokyo Ghoul:re (Lead CP)
    Kingdom
    Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai
    Golden Kamuy
    Full Drum
    Terra Formars
    Uratarou (CP)
    Himouto! Umaru-chan
    Gunjou Senki
    Lycanthrope Bouken Hoken
    Riku-dou
    Kunoichi no Ichi!
    Bungo (CP)
    Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu
    Shiratama-kun
    Usogui
    Youkai Shoujo
    Minamoto-kun Monogatari (CP)
    Kimi to 100-kai Me no Koi
    Mogusa-san wa Shokuyoku to Tatakau
    Motoyan
    Yuizaki-san wa Nageru!
    Rifle is Beautiful (Special Chapter)
    Premax

Young Jump Issue 7:
    Lead CP: Full Drum
    CP: Yuizaki-san wa Nageru!, Uratarou, Lycanthrope Bouken Hoken
    One Shot: Peromone Junsa no Kaori-san, Yuusha wo Mimamoru ♀ Maousama

This is a part of WSJ#6-2017

Here is the raw for the first chapter of Black Torch (new series from Jump SQ.):

Hidden:

http://marumaru.in/b/origin/179507

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    I didn't originaly like your chart, but the way that it makes it clear when old series end might help me shut the fuck up of some people who are saying that shueisha went insane this year.
    Did you noticed that the 40 years series, went away and because of it there is an enormous hole that appeared?

Is true that this year there was 3 really old series that went away: Toriko(8 years), Bleach(15 years), Kochikame(40 years). But is normal for some old series to go each year, this year is especial because it had 3 specially old series, given that in average series in the magazine only endure 5 years.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but I don't wnana go to the official HunterxHunter thread to avoid spoilers;

Yu Yu Hakusho was popular and the bosses at Shueisha seem to give Togashi a lot of special treatment as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigivel View Post
    Did you noticed that the 40 years series, went away and because of it there is an enormous hole that appeared?

Is true that this year there was 3 really old series that went away: Toriko(8 years), Bleach(15 years), Kochikame(40 years). But is normal for some old series to go each year, this year is especial because it had 3 specially old series, given that in average series in the magazine only endure 5 years.
    Not the Kochikame hole, but the Naruto/Bleach holes.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Both series got the anime at the exact same time. They even were marketed together! One Piece started what, 10-20 chapters before HxH? Though One Piece was already more popular than HxH at the time.

One Piece volume 6 -> 880,000 copies in print
    HunterxHunter volume 3 -> 750,000 copies in print

One Piece volume 1 to 6 -> 6,000,000 copies in print => 1,000,000 copies per volume
    HunterxHunter volume 1 to 4 -> 3,700,000 copies in print => 925,000 copies per volume

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Not the Kochikame hole, but the Naruto/Bleach holes.
    Naruto ended in 2013, and still 2015 was the "oldest" year of Jump!

2016 would still be a very old year if it wasn't for Kochikame demise. I don't see how that makes the magazine going crazy.

Truth being told this 10-15 years of Shonen Jump have been quite abnormal in the point of series taking so much to end. And that is seen by some years where there was almost no new series that endured sometime, and 2008 and 2011 didn't even have any. Currently we are in a normal "change of Era" phase that happened a lot of times in the past.

Yah, I agree. The interesting thing that they could reveal is not for the last 10 years, but for the 3rd and 4th decade of the magazine.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Yah, I agree. The interesting thing that they could reveal is not for the last 10 years, but for the 3rd and 4th decade of the magazine.
    I think is doable. We have a site that tracks the magazine from the beginning(1968) to 2000.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...%C5%8Dnen_Jump

Easy.

I'm currently parsing the data to present it like this:

http://canvasjs.com/editor/?id=http:...oogle_revenue/

Going week by week detail is beyond my objectives, but a yearly breakdown, even when giving gross missinformation like a continual HxH, I can live with that.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Naruto ended in 2013, and still 2015 was the "oldest" year of Jump!
    Naruto ended on 2014, not 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizou 10 View Post
    Naruto ended on 2014, not 2013.
    My bad, still the point stands.

2016 would still be a very old year if it wasn't for Kochikame demise. I don't see how that makes the magazine going crazy.
    I think people are assuming the magazine going crazy because they are ending many long-running high selling series these days. Jump currently doesn't really have Big 3 series like 90s and 2000s; the general tank sale seems lower than those decades. That's why people are assuming that the magazine is going crazy.

by the looks of it Giga is coming back in 2017.

Both series got the anime at the exact same time. They even were marketed together! One Piece started what, 10-20 chapters before HxH? Though One Piece was already more popular than HxH at the time.

One Piece volume 6 -> 880,000 copies in print
    HunterxHunter volume 3 -> 750,000 copies in print

One Piece volume 1 to 6 -> 6,000,000 copies in print => 1,000,000 copies per volume
    HunterxHunter volume 1 to 4 -> 3,700,000 copies in print => 925,000 copies per volume
    Damn! That means hunterxhunter was actually pretty damn popular. I remember seeing a shonen jump cover with both series and their anime adaptions being previewed at the bottom.

So why did the HunterxHunter anime last only 60 episodes? Was it too close to the manga? Cause I do remember it being paced out to compensate. And they had an OVA shortly afterwards.

Did the Hiatuses ruin everything? Because most animes are made to increase the popularity of the manga, and in this case the manga was almost as popular as the anime. So it would have made sense for the anime to be long-running like One Piece.
    FMA 03> FMA Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizou 10 View Post
    I think people are assuming the magazine going crazy because they are ending many long-running high selling series these days. Jump currently doesn't really have Big 3 series like 90s and 2000s; the general tank sale seems lower than those decades. That's why people are assuming that the magazine is going crazy.
    Well, for what I can see we are not in a "good time" for volume sales, but not in a bad situation either.

For what I could see, the magazine normally has in a given time 2 series selling 1 Million(not counting HxH), 2 or 3 selling between 500k and 1 Million, some series selling between 200k to 500k and the rest below it. For what I gather the magazine normally doesn't stray much from that. And right now we are just a little below that, missing more in the middle point(200-500), but there are many young series that can increase to that level with the anime(if they get an anime) boost.

Example with Oricon sales data
    1 Million sellers:
    2016(4 series) - One Piece(2.98M), HxH(1.27M), Assassination Classroom(1.03M), Haikyuu!!(1M)
    2011(3 series) - One Piece(3.38M), Naruto(1.2M), HxH(1.01M)

500k to 1M:
    2016(2 series) - My hero Academia(650k), Shokugeki no Soma(543k)
    2011(3 series) - Bleach(849k), Bakuman(617k), Gintama(532k)

200k to 500k:
    2016(3 series) - Boruto(431k), Gintama(~400k), World Trigger(~300k)
    2011(5 series) - Hitman Reborn(482k), Toriko(415k), Nurarihyon no Mago(398k), Beelzebub(298k), Sket Dance(283k)

Others

Damn! That means hunterxhunter was actually pretty damn popular. I remember seeing a shonen jump cover with both series and their anime adaptions being previewed at the bottom.

So why did the HunterxHunter anime last only 60 episodes? Was it too close to the manga? Cause I do remember it being paced out to compensate. And they had an OVA shortly afterwards.

Did the Hiatuses ruin everything? Because most animes are made to increase the popularity of the manga, and in this case the manga was almost as popular as the anime. So it would have made sense for the anime to be long-running like One Piece.
    The 60 episodes was totally because of Togashi Hiatus. They passed to OVA because of that, but even that couldn't endure our friend Togashi hiatus.

The anime increased the manga, by a lot. It went from 750k to 1.6M, almost 1 Million increase. I don't know what you mean by anime more popular than manga, but is audience, the HxH anime had way more people watching than the manga readers, as usual.

I'm worried because this is an attack on titan year, so it's anime-boost might displace some series out of the top charts, but It's just fanwakery.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

I'm worried because this is an attack on titan year, so it's anime-boost might displace some series out of the top charts, but It's just fanwakery.
    2nd season don't give series boosts!
    The rarity of that happening is so little that shouldn't even be considered, but people still love to say that with frequency.
    Is easy to think. If a person didn't gave a chance to the franchise during the 1st season of why will he/she give the 2nd?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information