+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 843 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 117 167 567 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 16860

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

All anime based on manga are crap, just in virtue of being done as an adaption burning through the source material like fire on toilet paper just to have 20 minutes of animation each week.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    All anime based on manga are crap, just in virtue of being done as an adaption burning through the source material like fire on toilet paper just to have 20 minutes of animation each week.
    All, really, all. That's a pretty bold statement. There's got to be at least one anime based off of a good manga that's actually just as good, if not better. I think the best example (for me) is Death Note. I would say the Death Note anime is probably just as good as, if not better than the manga. Any flaws you can apply to the Death Note anime can also be applied to the manga, and the anime fixes a lot of the manga's pacing issues. So that's one series I can think of that goes against your statement (although it is my opinion, for all I know you might hate Death Note, which is your opinion). That's the problem with hyperbole statement, if there's just one exception, then you're statement is wrong.

However, with that said, I understand where you are coming from, and you would be right in saying that the vast majority of anime based off of manga either suck in that they are just badly made compared to the manga, start off good but suck later (One Piece), or suck because the manga sucked. Most of the best manga's anime adaptations didn't get to adapt most of the series (Berserk, Negima, Hunter x Hunter, Soul Eater, Eyeshield 21, Jo Jo's Bizarre Adventures, though in fairness I haven't read those last two). Fullmetal Alchemist didn't have an anime that followed the manga for a while (thank you Brotherhood). Although a lot of people will tell you that the first FMA was good, it just wasn't as good as the manga.

Anyway I have gone off on a tangent, but I like manga more than anime (just like most of the people on this forum) because I think most of the best stories are in manga and as can be seen from the series above, a lot of the best manga don't get proper adaptations. Not saying there aren't good animes (I'm currently watching Baccano and it is pretty awesome). I guess what I was trying to say with this is don't engage in hyperbole, it's not usually a good idea.

Oh yeah, I forgot that Berserk is getting a more faithful anime adaptation (that looks very good from what has been seen). Here's hoping that Soul Eater and Negima get good anime adaptations too. I mean, I want to see Ganishka, Black Star vs Mifune and Negi vs Rakan (among other things) animated, just like I'm glad that Toriko is getting an anime so that I can see the Tommyrod fight animated. It's just nice to see awesome scenes from manga, essentially brought to life, and possibly made more awesome through the wonders of music, voice actors and good ol' motion.
    Last edited by Kareem Said; April 22nd, 2011 at 09:48 PM.
    My Hero Academia is my favorite manga series right now. At least so long as the high of its greatness remains. United States of Smash.

I'll cede Gintama. It needs the voices and the sound to multiply it's funny.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Discovered Stowaway FireFistLuffy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aaronrules380 View Post
    I have no idea what you're saying. Are you saying One Piece is of lower quality than other anime shows that do get aired on tv? Cause that's just BS, especially since funi one piece got higher ratings than 4kids one piece for the short time it was on tv
    Seriously got to dumb it down this much? The first what 100 or so episodes quality doesn't look so good to current standards since they came out decade ago. Even though I don't mind it and most fans won't either pretty sure they won't be thinking the same the broadcasters. They want something that will attract viewers for high pay commercials and so on and you know the usual business shenanigans.

Or are you saying the Funi up the quality of it? If so that is badass.

the only thing that makes me mad is when the anime strays away from the manga to do it's own thing. For one I never liked the original FMA anime and I hate the original Hellsing OVA series.
    Member of Negima is Super Awesome
    MY YOUTUBE channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Mcwhirlpoolinc?feature=mhee

Babu, Gourmet, Suggestion, Lesson, Advice, Level.

There are in fact few authors who go and use straight up Chapters.

Why?
    SW-4128-8032-0729

I don't really know. Who was the first to start that trend? OP, Naruto, and Bleach all just use "chapter", so it has to have become popular sometime in the early 2000's. ToLoveRu used Trouble, Prince of Tennis used Genius, Eyeshield 21 used Down...

I think it works for some, like Eyeshield, but mostly it just sounds stupid. Like honestly Beelzebub, what the hell even is a Babu.

it's baby beel's catchphrase
    SW-4128-8032-0729

I believe babu is short for beruzebabu, which is how the Japanese pronounce Beelzebub.

Babu, Gourmet, Suggestion, Lesson, Advice, Level.

There are in fact few authors who go and use straight up Chapters.

Why?
    Doesn't KHR use "target" and i'm sure HxH and D.gray man used a neat way to call a "chapter" something else.

Aggravator via Destiny darktravis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Bad_Lith View Post
    Like honestly Beelzebub, what the hell even is a Babu.
    It's a pun.
    toujun just mentioned the japanese pronunciation of Beelzebub (beruzebabu).
    Babu is also the japanese onomatopoeia for a sound that babies make.

It's a pun.
    toujun just mentioned the japanese pronunciation of Beelzebub (beruzebabu).
    Babu is also the japanese onomatopoeia for a sound that babies make.
    it's baby beel's catchphrase
    I believe babu is short for beruzebabu, which is how the Japanese pronounce Beelzebub.
    yes, everyone, I KNOW all this.

Still doesn't change the fact that it is retarded and makes no sense. The 82nd Gurgle? 23rd 'Bub? That's what it would be in English. It is stupid and I don't understand why anyone would think it would be a good idea to use instead of the word "chapter".

I guess I should just be glad that Kubo hasn't started calling his chapters "Heart" or something...

Quote Originally Posted by GEPPETTOSMONSTER View Post
    Doesn't KHR use "target" and i'm sure HxH and D.gray man used a neat way to call a "chapter" something else.
    I think it was "Night" .

what the hell even is a Babu.
    If you ask this then expect answers telling you.

Still doesn't change the fact that it is retarded and makes no sense. The 82nd Gurgle? 23rd 'Bub? That's what it would be in English. It is stupid and I don't understand why anyone would think it would be a good idea to use instead of the word "chapter".

I guess I should just be glad that Kubo hasn't started calling his chapters "Heart" or something...
    82nd Gurgle actually sounds pretty...good somewhat, sounds right for some reason. I'm not sure what your problem with it is exactly.

eh, rhetorical sarcasm doesn't carry over the internet. My bad.

but I guess that even thought it is the definition of a meaningless gripe, I don't like the sound of it. A "level" is something that you expect to increment, same thing with a "down" or a "round". a "trouble" is okay because it's like every day he's got to deal with some new tit-related trouble.

But when a babie gurgles, I don't expect them to do it in a serial fashion. Why not just call them chapters, unless you have something really clever and theme-related.

Well, in German they changed Babu to Bub..

But, honestly, who gives a damn?

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3762-9083

I'd say that the bleach anime is better than the manga... But it still sucks lol

3DS Friend Code is 3823-8664-3087

Quote Originally Posted by No Maam View Post
    I think it was "Night" .
    dude i'm too lazy to go and check.

Issue 22 ToC:
    945 ohana ◆IR7jauNn4E [sage] 2011/04/30(土) 16:44:32.67 ID:095aoMuUP Be:

ジャンプ表紙 両さん 両さんの眉毛に トリコ 坂田 べるぜ スケット
    巻頭 こち亀