+ Reply to Thread
Page 663 of 844 FirstFirst ... 163 563 613 653 661 662 663 664 665 673 713 763 ... LastLast
Results 13,241 to 13,260 of 16865

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: The "Shueisha" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ihore View Post
    Shinji Mizushima and Takao Saito are both well into their 70s and still drawing manga.
    And Fujiko Fujio A is in 80s, and he was still drawing manga just recently as well (and he is currently in hiatus right now for the health reason).
    Last edited by Kaizou 10; September 3rd, 2016 at 08:11 AM.

Shipmate

That's one cute cover.

Horikoshi on the right, Oda in the middle and Furudate on the left.

I don't know any of the characters, but it feels kinda sad seeing them waving goodbye.

I was for a long time planning to soon or later go watch the episodes we have here in Portugal, but I'm gonna do it now(at least the 1st episode) :'(

The impossible has happened. What a time to be alive.

Never read Kochikame, but still...wow. 200 volumes, 40 years of publication, and not once missing a single issue. That's a pretty incredible legacy.

So will Kochikame stay the longest-running series of all time or will Dokaben surpass it in a few years? I guess we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    Never read Kochikame, but still...wow. 200 volumes, 40 years of publication, and not once missing a single issue. That's a pretty incredible legacy.

So will Kochikame stay the longest-running series of all time or will Dokaben surpass it in a few years? I guess we'll see.
    Takao Saito is also aiming for that 200 volumes landmark irrc.

Actually if these Extra volumes that Dokaben Dream Tournament has, then it will have 201 volumes before Kochikame has 200.
    Last edited by Ihore; September 3rd, 2016 at 04:40 PM.

It is announced that Akimoto Osamu (author of Kochikame) going to appear on Wide na Show (Japanese wide show program) on September 4th (like within 1 hour). So, we maybe able to hear more information about Kochikame's ending.

I've always been intrigued by Kochikame. Lasting that long (it's a gag manga?).

Quote Originally Posted by MetaMario View Post
    I've always been intrigued by Kochikame. Lasting that long (it's a gag manga?).
    Kochikame is the closest thing Japan have to Tintin or any other Belgium comic.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Kochikame is the closest thing Japan have to Tintin or any other Belgium comic.
    Aohige or someone else here compared it to the Simpsons iirc

Which makes sense. Both are long running series, and even when they weren't as popular in their later years....they'd still be around.

From Wide na Show, Akimoto commented that he is actually didn't think anything about starting a new series. Also, after taking rest, he commented that he is considering on continue working on his another ongoing series (Mr. Clice).

Seem like a lot of series are ending this here...
    Never really cared for Kochikame (It's a series that is always on the TOC but never felt inclined to read it) but 200 volumes and 40 years continuous working is amazing. And the author still want to go on!

Quote Originally Posted by SunnyBlue View Post
    Seem like a lot of series are ending this here...
    2016: The year of Celebrity Deaths and Manga Finales

It's surreal that Kochikame is really ending...I guess with the anniversary there was lots of speculation that this could be it, but it doesn't make it any less surprising when the news actually breaks.

Thank you and congratulations to a god among mangaka, Akimoto. Jump will never be the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBits View Post
    Kochikame's ending in a few weeks, while Toriko and Gintama seem like they'll end by 2017. That means the third oldest WSJ manga, behind OP (1997) and HxH (1998), is going to be Haikyuu (2012).
    Yeah, once Toriko and Gintama are gone within the next few months or so, One Piece and Hunter x Hunter (if you can even still count it at this point) will the only series over 300 chapters. No wonder they're willing to run a crappy movie adaptation like Boruto.

Lots of room for new series to rise up the ranks, but yeah, what a time of transition for Jump.

It's kinda amazing how One Piece & Hunter x Hunter are the only 2 series left (exclude Kochikame which started earlier) that has been running since 1990's.

I can't imagine how it will be for Shounen Jump when One piece ends. Out of all the current series running now, I don't see any of the series being mega successful. My hero academia will be successful no doubt. But can it be the collosal series that One Piece is?

It's kinda amazing how One Piece & Hunter x Hunter are the only 2 series left (exclude Kochikame which started earlier) that has been running since 1990's.

I can't imagine how it will be for Shounen Jump when One piece ends. Out of all the current series running now, I don't see any of the series being mega successful. My hero academia will be successful no doubt. But can it be the collosal series that One Piece is?
    It is rather the current Jump with so many long series which was the anomalie. Before One Piece aside from KochiKame, the magazine had only 2 series with more than 500 chapters (Dragon Ball and Jojo), 2 with more than 400 (Kenshin and Kinnikuman)
    Anyway there is a very long time before One Piece ends, current successful series have time to be older.

With the numbers its showing, it won't even be bigger than Hakyuu.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information