+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 843 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 76 116 166 566 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 16860

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

Quote Originally Posted by BigLuffy559 View Post
    Bleach has had a lot more time than Beelzebub and Toriko to establish a fan base. I don't know how many copies Bleach was selling when it was on volumes 10 and 14, but I don't imagine it is much more than what Beelzebub and Toriko are selling now. Given time, Toriko and Beelzebub will become more known. Especially since they both just recently got anime series.
    Yeah, but why do people still buy Kubo's crap, it's the same with Naruto. I usually try not to put Naruto on the same level as Bleach, because I think it's not nearly as bad, but I can't deny it's gone very downhill. I've said this before (and I'll probably say it again) but it bothers me that half (or more) of the really popular manga suck. What is popular and what is good, is completely hit or miss. Or at least what stays good.
    My Hero Academia is my favorite manga series right now. At least so long as the high of its greatness remains. United States of Smash.

Quote Originally Posted by Kareem Said View Post
    Yeah, but why do people still buy Kubo's crap, it's the same with Naruto. I usually try not to put Naruto on the same level as Bleach, because I think it's not nearly as bad, but I can't deny it's gone very downhill. I've said this before (and I'll probably say it again) but it bothers me that half (or more) of the really popular manga suck. What is popular and what is good, is completely hit or miss. Or at least what stays good.
    My guess is that there is still a dedicated group of fans that think Bleach is actually a quality work, or hope that it will get better. Also, there is probably a bunch of people that just want to finish their collection and buy it out of obligation to complete it. Then you have young and stupid new readers that get their parents to buy them the manga they are currently into. It is a combination of all those things and more than make Bleach appear to still be popular, when in actuality, a little over 700,000 copies isn't very good at all when you compare it to One Piece, which sells more than twice that in less than two days.

What bothers me more than the Japanese sales is the North American sales. Bleach and Naruto stay on the New York Times Best Seller List for weeks at a time, while One Piece barely peeks it's head in for one week if it is lucky.

Discovered Stowaway FireFistLuffy's Avatar

My guess is that there is still a dedicated group of fans that think Bleach is actually a quality work, or hope that it will get better. Also, there is probably a bunch of people that just want to finish their collection and buy it out of obligation to complete it. Then you have young and stupid new readers that get their parents to buy them the manga they are currently into. It is a combination of all those things and more than make Bleach appear to still be popular, when in actuality, a little over 700,000 copies isn't very good at all when you compare it to One Piece, which sells more than twice that in less than two days.

What bothers me more than the Japanese sales is the North American sales. Bleach and Naruto stay on the New York Times Best Seller List for weeks at a time, while One Piece barely peeks it's head in for one week if it is lucky.
    What section in New York Times may I read this? Curious about this now didn't even know times wrote about manga.

I just read this week's Nuramago chapter and it was fucking awesome.

Btw, Toriko has sold over 7.000.000 copies.
    3DS FC: 0087 - 2971 - 9910

Yeah, I don't want to diss Americans or anything (I'm American) but we have horrible taste in manga, for the most part. At least the Japanese know that One Piece is superior in every aspect to the other two members of the "big 3".
    My Hero Academia is my favorite manga series right now. At least so long as the high of its greatness remains. United States of Smash.

Yeah, I don't want to diss Americans or anything (I'm American) but we have horrible taste in manga, for the most part. At least the Japanese know that One Piece is superior in every aspect to the other two members of the "big 3".
    Well, a lot of it was also due to Bleach and Naruto getting good english dubs on air for a while while One Piece got well....4Kids.

It's sad but once becomes really good and popular no matter what happens it will still have that idiotic fanbase who will never admit it's bad or has even gotten worse, unfortunately in our time I believe there's more idiots on the earth than actual intelligent people, Kishi and Kubo make a living off those people

Member of Beelzebub is Freakin' Awesome Group
    what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    Well, a lot of it was also due to Bleach and Naruto getting good english dubs on air for a while while One Piece got well....4Kids.
    Yeah, that is a good point, even when FUNi finally came in with a good dub, the damage had been done.
    Everyone let's join hands in shouting "FUCK YOU 4KIDS!"

Quote Originally Posted by FireFistLuffy View Post
    What section in New York Times may I read this? Curious about this now didn't even know times wrote about manga.
    HERE is the most recent NYTBSL for manga. Naruto volume 50 has been on the list for 11 weeks, debuting and mostly staying at #1, while One Piece volume 56 reached #10 after it's second week and then dropped off.

If it helps you any, Naruto will be finished sometime within the next two to three years most likely, while One Piece will still be going strong.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

HERE is the most recent NYTBSL for manga. Naruto volume 50 has been on the list for 11 weeks, debuting and mostly staying at #1, while One Piece volume 56 reached #10 after it's second week and then dropped off.
    Thanks for the link. That list is so sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Crossword View Post
    If it helps you any, Naruto will be finished sometime within the next two to three years most likely, while One Piece will still be going strong.
    I honestly think it might be even sooner like a 1 to 2 years. Although this might be just my wishful thinking. Just to me for the pass 20 or so chapters the manga seemed rushed. But yes like you said One Piece will still be going strong once that series ends the fandom's brain will start working and convert to OnePiecenism.

I honestly think once One Piece gets to the Save Robin arc more and more fans will come over, plus more One Piece fans will want to check it out cuz its a fan favorite. Well at least Bleach is out of the top 3, I was hopping it'd keep falling more and more off the list, oh well. Naruto Shippuden, yah that's almost done funny thing, One Piece has been going on a lot longer than that series and it will still be going when Naruto ends. Toriko going pretty far down ouch!
    Luffy fan.
    LuffyxHancock or LuffyxNami? I can't decide.

Quote Originally Posted by Luffyfan View Post
    I honestly think once One Piece gets to the Save Robin arc more and more fans will come over, plus more One Piece fans will want to check it out cuz its a fan favorite. Well at least Bleach is out of the top 3, I was hopping it'd keep falling more and more off the list, oh well. Naruto Shippuden, yah that's almost done funny thing, One Piece has been going on a lot longer than that series and it will still be going when Naruto ends. Toriko going pretty far down ouch!
    You do know that One Piece is already pass the Save Robin arc in America. It's currently at impel down now.

Quote Originally Posted by archanfel View Post
    Updated 4/21, stats from Oricon:

Name Volume On Sale Volumes
    One Piece 61 11/2/4 2,996,545
    Naruto 54 10/12/29 1,074,472
    Hunter 27 09/12/25 941,550
    Bleach 48 10/12/3 719,721
    Bakuman 12 11/3/4 429,268
    Gintama 39 11/4/4 380,868
    Reborn 33 11/3/4 347,657
    Nurarihyon 15 11/3/4 257,300
    Toriko 14 11/4/4 216,554
    Sket Dance 18 11/4/4 173,142
    Beezlebub 10 11/3/4 155,535

Remember to take the date into concern when gauging those sales numbers;

All credit goes to the original forum, all original stats are taken from JUMP website and Oricon chart;
    This is for the latest volume, correct? If so, one thing I notice and really find funny is that the latest volume of Hunter comes out in '09...end of year, sure, but it still means that we pretty much doesn't have a tankobon (specifically, enough material for one) for almost one and a half year now, right? Dammit Togashi, get it together.

Quote Originally Posted by the_bump View Post
    You do know that One Piece is already pass the Save Robin arc in America. It's currently at impel down now.
    Are you talking about manga wise? Oh crap, I was talking about Funimation DVD'sXD I was thinking once they got to that part it'd get more people who are only intrested in watching the anime intrested in reading that part in the manga too? Just idea's.
    Luffy fan.
    LuffyxHancock or LuffyxNami? I can't decide.

Quote Originally Posted by Crossword View Post
    I am indeed happy, because even though I don't hate Naruto nearly as much as a lot of other posters here, I can't deny that I'm glad Kishi is going to finally put this bitch to sleep, so my opinion on the manga doesn't lower even more than it already has.

Quote Originally Posted by Luffyfan View Post
    Are you talking about manga wise? Oh crap, I was talking about Funimation DVD'sXD I was thinking once they got to that part it'd get more people who are only intrested in watching the anime intrested in reading that part in the manga too? Just idea's.
    Thing is even if the new dub is running. It's not like that new Dub is being aired weekly like DBZ was and bleach and naruto for that matter. At least to my knowledge it isn't? Is the New Funi One Piece dub being aired weekly on any channel?

No, it isn't. Honestly, I think funi is too scared that fans will turn on them if they do a tv dub that is censored so the networks will allow it, even if they still release uncut DVDs. Although I don't get why they haven't at least put it on their own channel temporarily, even if that channel isn't easy to get

Censoredship really? Didn't they slip in Cell saying "oh shit" on toonami the first time that episode was aired when Vegeta used his Final Flash on him? I think it might be because of the quality of the show not being update to date today's standards of anime. Also probably cost them money to air it no?

I have no idea what you're saying. Are you saying One Piece is of lower quality than other anime shows that do get aired on tv? Cause that's just BS, especially since funi one piece got higher ratings than 4kids one piece for the short time it was on tv

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information