+ Reply to Thread
Page 601 of 844 FirstFirst ... 101 501 551 591 599 600 601 602 603 611 651 701 ... LastLast
Results 12,001 to 12,020 of 16871

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: General Shueisha TOC and News

I was waiting for those 2 to work together again for a long time.
    I feel they can might dissapoint though.

I'm getting somewhat hyped for the next WSJ aniversary because I found some neat things:

45th Aniversary:
    Starting with an easy one, most of you must already seen the Figurines and the Game

40th Aniversary:
    There's the Murata Posters

Then it gets trickier,
    35th Anivesary:
    An artbook couldn't track it down, except to some french bookstore, I'll try harder when I'm more economicaly solvent

30th Aniversary:
    The Video of the artbook of the manga. There's nothing groundbreaking, all the art that I saw was recycled.

20th Aniversary:
    The first crossover game, it combines tons of different gameplays.

I'm certain that there are a bunch of other things for these, and something for the 10th as well, but that's for a more serious search.

It's 3 years away, but this time we have English WSJ, and either this or next year they'll be anouncing the game at jump festa.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Issue 44 cover:

Spoiler:

One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    40th Aniversary:
    There's the Murata
    Thanks for the post. Who's the girl (what manga she belongs to) between the soccer ball and the coin in this poster (bottom right)?

40th Aniversary:
    There's the Murata Posters
    I always thought this poster was ancient as the world since most of those characters were out of publishing, but Toriko there proves me wrong. I mean, he is the "youngest" of all they right?

Quote Originally Posted by Ukimix View Post
    Who's the girl (what manga she belongs to) between the soccer ball and the coin in this poster (bottom right)?
    Ayukawa Madoka (from Kimagure Orange☆Road)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizou 10 View Post
    Ayukawa Madoka (from Kimagure Orange☆Road)
    Thanks! ......................

Here's an old post with a good character breakdown of the 40th anniversary Murata poster if anyone else is interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Puma View Post
    After at least 2 hours of searching, IM DONE!......well....like 90% of them.

- The posters are seperated by two pages and is divided by grids or "block", if you may (credit goes to King Ty for doing it, and for even giving me the posters in the first place ^^).
    - The order of the blocks starts from the upper left corner with letters in vertically and numbers horizontally, the characters are listed from the most left side with "-character-, -title-", some characters however are placed when their body is most seen.
    - Do mind though that there might be some mistakes with the characters or/and titles so corrections would be nice.
    - Since i couldnt find all of them any inch of characters and title would be nice to contribute to all of us.

Page 1:
    Spoiler:

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u..._SideAGrid.png

1A: TenTen-kun, Hanasaka TenTen-kun
    1B: Chuubee & Midori, Midori no Makibaou
    1C: Gon Freecks, HUNTER X HUNTER
    1D: Suupuushan & Taikoubou, Houshin Engi

2A: Fuusuke, NINKU
    2A: Sakata Gintoki, Gintama
    2B: Naruto Uzumaki, NARUTO
    2B: Train Heartnet, BLACK CAT
    2C: Dai, Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken
    2D: Ta-chan, Jungle no Ouja Ta-chan
    2E: Hige Gojira, Harenchi Gakuen

3B: Amidamaru, SHAMAN KING
    3C: Ryo Saeba, CITY HUNTER
    3C: Hibari Ooozora, STOP! Hibari-kun
    3D: Luckyman/Yoichi Tsuitenai, Tottemo! Luckyman
    3D: Sena Kobayakawa, EYESHIELD 21

41: Takeshi, Seikimatsu LEADER den Takeshi!
    4B: Jotaro Kujo & Star Platinum, Jojo no Kimyo na Bouken
    4B: Yoh Asakura, SHAMAN KING
    4C: Kenshin Himura, Ruruoni Kenshin - Meiji Kenkaku Romantic-
    4D: Meisuke Nueno, Jigoku Sensei Nuubee
    4E: Momotaro Tsurugi, Sakigake Otokojuki

5A: Fubuki "The Lotus Wolf" Yuuya, Ciruit no Ookami
    5A: Gin, Ginga Nagareboshi Gin
    5D: Reborn, Katekyo Hitman REBORN
    5E: Tetsuji Kano, Doberman Detective
    5E: Tsukasa Nishino, Ichigo 100%
    5E: Shiomi Ajihei, Hochonin Ajihei

6B: Ryotsu Kankichi, Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kouen-mae Hashutujo
    6C: Hanamichi Sakuragi, SLAM DUNK
    6C: Monkey D. Luffy, ONE PIECE
    6D: Rei Ichido, HIGH SCHOOL! Kimengumi
    6E: Ryoma Echizen, Tennis no Oujisama

7B: Mankichi Togawa, Otoko Ippiki Gaki Taisho
    7E: Arale Norimaki, DR.SLUMP
    7E: Takao Taniguchi, PLAY BALL

8B: Ayukawa Madoka, Kimague ORANGE ROAD
    8D: Tsubasa Oozora, Captain Tsubasa
    8D: Taison Maeda, Rokudenashi BLUES
    8E: Ryuji Takane, Ringu ni Kakero

Page 2:
    Spoiler:

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u...Side_Bgrid.png

1A: Dark Schneider, BASTARD
    1D: Pegasus Seiya, Saint Seiya

2B: Fujiwarano Sai, Hikaru no Go
    2C: Suguru Kinniku/Kinnikuman, Kinnikuman
    2C: Cobra, SPACE ADVENTURE COBRA
    2D: Masaru Hananakajima, Sexy Commando Gaiden: Sugoi yo!! Masaru-san

3A: Yuusuke Urameshi, Yu Yu Hakusho
    3C: Yuugi Muto, YU-GI-OH
    3C: Hitomi Kisugi, CAT'S EYE
    3D: Kenshiro, Hokuto no Ken

4C: Ai Amano, Video Girl Ai
    4C: Wingman/Kenta Hirono, WINGMAN

5A: Son Goku, DRAGONBALL
    5C: Ichigo Kurosaki, BLEACH
    5D: , Astro Kyudan
    61: Bo-Bobo, BOBOBO-BO*BO-BOBO
    61: Ryuuku, DEATH NOTE

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    I always thought this poster was ancient as the world since most of those characters were out of publishing, but Toriko there proves me wrong. I mean, he is the "youngest" of all they right?
    Yes, next couple of hits were bakuman and inumarudashi, while nura was already running but wasn't featured. Shima being a known author must be the reason they believed in toriko so fast. Or murata did this digitally and could add toriko coco and the first gt robot easily.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Jump SQ. November Issue Cover:
    Hidden:

Preview Scenes for Yamiabaki Kurau Miko (Upcoming New Series):
    Hidden:

How to get Viz Manga and English Shonen Jump from outside it's territories:

The regular appstores block these sites if you aren't from the needed countries, so if you live in anywhere else than Canada, USA, UK or South Africa (I think) you won't be able to download them normaly and enjoy the best translation, and a very smooth experience in manga reading.

So, for instaling it in android devices you need:

An amazon.com account
    A credit card
    at least 25$ (if you want to subscribe)
    An android device

1.- Follow these steeps: https://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...cId=1000626391
    2.- In the phone, or in the amazon store page, locate the viz manga app
    3.- Ask for it to install in your selected devices, and wait

If you want to actualy subscribe, and stop getting confused with mangapanda's tranlation, or tone it down from thug/xboxlife kid mangastream's, you either put some money in your amazon account as amazon coins (or maybe giftcards), or just asociate a credit card to it, and pick the big subscribe button on the app. As it was downloaded from amazon app store, it will charge trough it.

A bunch of people managed to do it, but a fan from brazil had issues with the amazon link, as it automaticaly redirected to Amazon brasil, but give it a try at least.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Things when this thread started were kind of heated, people were very angry at the cancelation of Double Arts, Psyren and the manga that came before My Hero academia.

I wonder if the more passionate members calmed down a little, or that the Jump Start experiment helped them see the series on a new light, or that they feel like they are following enough series already.

The thing is that some authors need that second and third try to bring something awesome, I didn't read Zoo, but I did read Barrage, and while it had very interesting designs, the plot lacked a lot of beliable motivation, and the big plottwist felt flat.

What I worry about the magazine is that they would focus on making expandible series last longer than they should, instead of picking and helping a more focused and planned writter to build an epic history.

The WSJ market need to stay fresh combining a few mainstais with the expendable newbies, when one of these manages to latch on to an untaped nieche, or just be good, it will grow over the years. The issue is that in the last years, the behemots have been action/adventure manga, while in the past it was a balance between gag, action and sport series, so in order to break in you'd either needed to find a nieche (like Kuroko no Basket and the boys love fans, Soma and echi fans), do a weird combination (sket dance romance/gintama lite mix), or be extremely good to compite with the big boys (I'd guess My Hero Academia, but that's closer to a slice of life manga with some monsters).

The editorial department must have figured this out, and must be harder in straight up battle manga (or at least that was my theory until Black Clover showed up), and try to put their eggs in different baskets, so they are lenient to sports and romance series, or weird hybrids.

For example, Soma's Food Wars is not a cooking manga, but a sports manga where the sport is cooking.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

The editorial department must have figured this out, and must be harder in straight up battle manga (or at least that was my theory until Black Clover showed up), and try to put their eggs in different baskets, so they are lenient to sports and romance series, or weird hybrids.
    Well, Jump is very well known for having big hit action series and this trend still affected by today, so you can't really complain (also, you commented that BnHA is slice of life manga, but I see this as mainstream straight-up battle manga). In addition, Jump is only magazine which has very big success with action series, so you can't really complain for Jump to lose an identity (plus the mixed genres are more of Magazine's style, not Jump). So, Jump will keep releasing action series from now on (despite either success or failure).

Also, Jump doesn't really have much action series these days, now. For example, out of 21 series (including HxH), only 8 of them are action series and rest of them are non-action or weird hybrids (based on your definition). So, Jump is already doing your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizou 10 View Post
    Well, Jump is very well known for having big hit action series and this trend still affected by today, so you can't really complain (also, you commented that BnHA is slice of life manga, but I see this as mainstream straight-up battle manga). In addition, Jump is only magazine which has very big success with action series, so you can't really complain for Jump to lose an identity (plus the mixed genres are more of Magazine's style, not Jump). So, Jump will keep releasing action series from now on (despite either success or failure).

Also, Jump doesn't really have much action series these days, now. For example, out of 21 series (including HxH), only 8 of them are action series and rest of them are non-action or weird hybrids (based on your definition). So, Jump is already doing your opinion.
    True, but the experiments are still mid-tier, while the big breadwinners are still the action series. Besides, how well would a magazine focusing in only one genere would fare?

Also, I shouldn't talk in absolutes, as I know little to nothing about the other shonen magazines.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

I forget that Assassination Classroom is a top tier series right now. duh.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

True, but the experiments are still mid-tier, while the big breadwinners are still the action series. Besides, how well would a magazine focusing in only one genere would fare?
    Well, the majority of people's taste are still action series (even people in this forum mostly talk about action series, not much of non-action series), and most of biggest hit manga series in Japan are action series as well. It can't be help about Jump's pushing action series since action series created today's Jump and it's Jump's image now. So, there is no way that Jump going to focus more on non-action series than action series. Plus, Jump already experimenting different series in these days (like Sesuji wo Pin! to and Mononofu) as much as action series. So, I can't see that Jump just focusing on one genre,

Indiscriminate Grappler Gokuyuske's Avatar

http://myanimelist.net/news/42350054

New Ohba and Obata series!

Quote Originally Posted by Gokuyuske View Post
    http://myanimelist.net/news/42350054

New Ohba and Obata series!
    Already uploaded: http://www.arlongpark.net/showthread...=1#post3531436

Discovered Stowaway The Humanoid Typhoon's Avatar

How to get Viz Manga and English Shonen Jump from outside it's territories:

The regular appstores block these sites if you aren't from the needed countries, so if you live in anywhere else than Canada, USA, UK or South Africa (I think) you won't be able to download them normaly and enjoy the best translation, and a very smooth experience in manga reading.

So, for instaling it in android devices you need:

An amazon.com account
    A credit card
    at least 25$ (if you want to subscribe)
    An android device

1.- Follow these steeps: https://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...cId=1000626391
    2.- In the phone, or in the amazon store page, locate the viz manga app
    3.- Ask for it to install in your selected devices, and wait

If you want to actualy subscribe, and stop getting confused with mangapanda's tranlation, or tone it down from thug/xboxlife kid mangastream's, you either put some money in your amazon account as amazon coins (or maybe giftcards), or just asociate a credit card to it, and pick the big subscribe button on the app. As it was downloaded from amazon app store, it will charge trough it.

A bunch of people managed to do it, but a fan from brazil had issues with the amazon link, as it automaticaly redirected to Amazon brasil, but give it a try at least.
    Hmm I have it on my mind quite time now that maybe I will make some subscribe. Propably after I'll by a new phone. I just want to ask can I pay with Prepaid Cards or Paysafe other than Credit? I have only a prepaid

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Humanoid Typhoon View Post
    Hmm I have it on my mind quite time now that maybe I will make some subscribe. Propably after I'll by a new phone. I just want to ask can I pay with Prepaid Cards or Paysafe other than Credit? I have only a prepaid

Thanks
    I've only payed through amazon, using giftcards (I think) amazon coins (the most recent time) and a visa/master card.

A quick search tells me that aparently you can use paysafe.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Go steep by steep, first create the account and bind it to the phone, don't try to put money ultil you have the app installed, just in case.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Discovered Stowaway The Humanoid Typhoon's Avatar

Thanks I will test it first

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information