+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 844 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 106 506 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

Oumagadoki doubutsuen should be decent if the one-shot was any indication.
    If this doesn't outlast SWOT, I'll cry.

Just got done reading the one shot for Oumadoki Doubutsuen, interesting concept, neat character designs and an abstract form of drawing. I just hope that the actual series is going to be just as entertaining as this one shot was.
    Member of Negima is Super Awesome
    MY YOUTUBE channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Mcwhirlpoolinc?feature=mhee

SWOT is a piece of shit

SWOT just looked boring, I never liked studying so why the hell would I want to read a series about a studyaholic? I read manga to escape from our world not further emerse into it. I do enough of that already with bakuman.

Its good to see Gintama is back where its deserve in the top half.

Even though I don't read it, it is good to see gintama at that spot (from what I did read it's had a long lasting impression on me)

Quote Originally Posted by GEPPETTOSMONSTER View Post
    Even though I don't read it, it is good to see gintama at that spot (from what I did read it's had a long lasting impression on me)
    This may have been around the time the whole "Heavenly Kings" arc ended and it went back to comedy (then again without any scans since the lockdown started, I wouldn't know) So then maybe the whole "bottoming out" problem is just the rumor I've heard that Sorachi's fans just don't want serious arcs anymore...unless they involve Takasugi or the Shinsengumi. (then again Takasugi and Kamui had a short story after the Heavenly Kings arc so maybe that has to do with the boost)
    Y'know, Negima WAS awesome...
    For the first 18 volumes.

I wanted to bring to attention that the author of Mx0 will make a return in the upcoming jump (NEXT) with a new one-shot. The pic that confirmed this was posted on 2ch but quickly deleted but either way, it's confirmed that Kanou's making a comeback. There will also new omakes for Metallica, Beelzebub, Medaka box etc...

Edit: found the pics mirrored on a JP Blog
    Last edited by jamjamstyle; July 11th, 2010 at 08:34 AM.

Metallica had omakes ? Doesn't it lack the necessary character cast for that yet ? lol

Bottom 5 hasn't been announced yet entirely but both Metalluca and Shikku are the two at the very bottom...which is good for the likes of Psyren when it isn't Psyren-ing.

Read the first chapter of Oumagadoki - it's even better than the oneshot. This series needs to live.

エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GEPPETTOSMONSTER View Post
    SWOT just looked boring, I never liked studying so why the hell would I want to read a series about a studyaholic? I read manga to escape from our world not further emerse into it. I do enough of that already with bakuman.
    Bakuman is blatant Shueisha propaganda, but that's beside the point. This quote is sig-worthy and if only I had an alt on AP, I would definitely dedicate my 100 kb of space to showing off such a dazzling gem.

Quote Originally Posted by jamjamstyle View Post
    I wanted to bring to attention that the author of Mx0 will make a return in the upcoming jump (NEXT) with a new one-shot.
    It's good to hear he's coming back. I was worried after hearing his suicidal (?) tendencies and was worried when a strong manga like Mx0 was so unceremoniously and unforgivably killed off. Based on those pics, I don't know what to think, but he's good at working with even a generic premise so I'm optimistic.
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    Making Anime and Manga OBSOLETE since 2006
    PM me for details

Quote Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
    Bakuman is blatant Shueisha propaganda, but that's beside the point. This quote is sig-worthy and if only I had an alt on AP, I would definitely dedicate my 100 kb of space to showing off such a dazzling gem.
    You know, Bakuman's popularity is far beyond my understanding. Sure it has some good characters but don't people get tired of this continually "to be serialized or not, that's the question!"

To me, the manga has nothing to offer then a view on a mangaka's life and the author is desperately trying to extend the storyline with involving relationship problems like the bond between editor/mangaka aswell as love issues. It may continue for now, but I'm sure that people will end up getting tired when we continue this endless cycle of no achievements.

And plainly as you said, it's propaganda and most of us know that rather then delivering, Jump's editorial department specializes in butchering great potential titles and replace it with your nowadays pathetic crap. They're so great, it sickens me.

It's good to hear he's coming back. I was worried after hearing his suicidal (?) tendencies and was worried when a strong manga like Mx0 was so unceremoniously and unforgivably killed off. Based on those pics, I don't know what to think, but he's good at working with even a generic premise so I'm optimistic.
    I didn't hear anything about his suicidal tendencies but it's been quite some time since his last one-shot. He's a great writer and I expect a lot from him.... now if only Mx0 would get a sequel in a other magazine

Bakuman is an amazing, well-written roller coaster of a manga, you shut ur hor mouth
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    There's a great lighthearted vibe around here, because no matter how serious we might get, we're all together because of some magical pirate.

Eh Bakuman is good but it could be way better in my opinion. It's restricted by the very magazine it's published in. It can't do cool twists like actually leaving Jump to join another magazine or even show us any mangaka like Oda.

Striking a Pose. Where the world is real.

Mx0 author coming back? That is great! I loved the oneshot he made with the girl in the red-riding hood and the boy with his poison eating slug.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thousand Lion-san View Post
    Eh Bakuman is good but it could be way better in my opinion. It's restricted by the very magazine it's published in. It can't do cool twists like actually leaving Jump to join another magazine or even show us any mangaka like Oda.
    Well, I'm just guessing that as far as putting in other real manga, they can't since it would be hard to make up stuff for the real manga since time in Bakuman moves fast. Cameos are possible, but actual speaking parts would require time to sit down with other authors and get their personality down right. The Editors are easier to get down in the manga since they seem to have more time than the author. Time is of the essence for all the other weekly authors. It would be cool though to see Oda appear. But alas, it's not about Oda or any other awesome authors, but about two boys and other fictional authors.
    >PS: Click picture to begin adventure in a hard-boiled manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Thousand Lion-san View Post
    Sure, Bakuman with Saiko as aspiring manga artist could go a lot of ways but due to the restriction, I'm aiming at what I said back - I don't see how much it holds out in the long shot.

Saiko has a goal, an anime and he has to present an acceptable manga to the jump. The author is aware that in a way, he has to prevent them from getting an early anime offer while trying to give them the success they want. That is hard and understandable but we got already 2 arcs where they got both trap and a other manga cancelled.

Now they're basically working on a third serialization with the condition of getting kicked out if they don't beat Eiji or be on par with his manga. If Kanzai Hanzai fails, they'll end up probably writing for a other mag which Shueisha wouldn't allow so they'll have to stick with KH/Jump. To me it's that i'm feeling that the authors are writing themselves in a corner because don't forget that there are timeskips during the story and their goal is slowly coming within their grasp. It's not something hard like becoming pirate king or whatever when you see how other mangaka's like the Otters guy and Eji already got offers.

The essiantial core of the story is obtainable, the author is aware of this and he will extend his storyline with whatever means even if it might mean cancelling Hanzai and putting up a exception but then it would mean that we would start from 0 again.
    Last edited by jamjamstyle; July 12th, 2010 at 11:22 AM.

Bakuman will last at most 1 more year.

エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jamjamstyle View Post
    I didn't hear anything about his suicidal tendencies but it's been quite some time since his last one-shot. He's a great writer and I expect a lot from him.... now if only Mx0 would get a sequel in a other magazine
    Supposedly he had a nervous breakdown (?) that lead to the premature ending of Pretty Face, which wasn't lagging at all when it concluded. If it was stress related, I'm sure Mx0 getting canceled after it had gone much longer than Pretty Face must have been just as nasty a blow.
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    Making Anime and Manga OBSOLETE since 2006
    PM me for details

Issue 33 Bottom 5:
    Hokenshitsu
    Medaka Box
    Kuroko
    Metallica
    Shonen Shikku

Issue 34:
    Lead CP: Naruto
    CP: Beelzebub (2 CPs in a row), Toriko, Golden Future Cup

Interesting bottom: the recent two series plus Kuroko and Hokenshitsu. (and no Psyren)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information