+ Reply to Thread
Page 578 of 844 FirstFirst ... 78 478 528 568 576 577 578 579 580 588 628 678 ... LastLast
Results 11,541 to 11,560 of 16867

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: General Shueisha TOC and News

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    Currently in WSJ, how many of them are woman?
    Well, if we count Morisaki Yuki (a person who provide food ideas for Shokugeki no Souma), then one.

I know that there have been a handful, but this is shonen, aimed at young boys, having been a young boy in the past is an advantage, but the femenine perspective can be a refreshing for the same reason.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

I know that there have been a handful, but this is shonen, aimed at young boys, having been a young boy in the past is an advantage, but the femenine perspective can be a refreshing for the same reason.
    Furthermore, there are also many female readers in WSJ, as well (not just boys). Plus, many female authors have proved that the gender doesn't matter for writing shounen manga (possibly matter for seinen, though).

My view is the opposite, as there is too much sexism in the industry that only the extremely talented ones can break into shonen.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

My view is the opposite, as there is too much sexism in the industry that only the extremely talented ones can break into shonen.
    What do you mean by "sexism in the industry?"

Plus, I don't think the extremely talented female authors can be success in shounen magazine. Yes, there are many success female authors in shounen magazine, but there are also the authors who didn't made success as well. But, it isn't because these female authors got axed due to being "female," it is because they didn't create the interesting story (and this goes for same as well for male authors who (as you said) have advantage as being young boy in the past).

Of course, only people with extremely talented mangaka can survive in manga industry, but the gender is no relation with that.
    Hidden:

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Nekota Biyori Volume 2

Jump no Tadashii Tsukurikata!

Makai Kara Kita Maid-san Volume 2

iShoujo+ Volume 3

My Animal Volume 3

Hetalia World
    ☆Stars Volume 2

Karada Sagashi Volume 3

5-byou Douwa

Hana Nochi Hare〜Hana Otoko Next Season〜 Volume 1

Last edited by Purple Hermit; June 20th, 2015 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizou 10 View Post
    What do you mean by "sexism in the industry?"

Plus, I don't think the extremely talented female authors can be success in shounen magazine. Yes, there are many success female authors in shounen magazine, but there are also the authors who didn't made success as well. But, it isn't because these female authors got axed due to being "female," it is because they didn't create the interesting story (and this goes for same as well for male authors who (as you said) have advantage as being young boy in the past).

Of course, only people with extremely talented mangaka can survive in manga industry, but the gender is no relation with that.
    Once again, if you intend on posting these images, please use [ hide ] [ /hide ] to post these images so as to prevent immediate loading of them and making the thread load slowly for those with poor internet connections

I could be wrong as I never bothered to count them, but my general impression is there are far more female authors in shounen manga magazines than there are male authors in shoujo magazines.

That's less about sexism and more about simply creators writing for field they can relate to, and readership preferring material they can relate to.

Is there any male author that write shoujo manga?
    I can name at least 5 shounen manga(FMA, Inuyasha, D-gray man, Tsubasa, Magi)written by female authors but I don't think I have ever come across any shoujo manga written by male authors. They probably use pen name so maybe I didn't realise it.
    There is also the author of Black butler which I think is a female but I'm not sure.

I think Shoujo doesn't normally sell as well as Shonen, right?

Young Jump Issue 30:
    Himouto! Umaru-chan (Lead CP)
    Kingdom
    Terra Formars
    Salaryman Kintarou Gojissai
    Youkai Shoujo
    Bungo
    Gunjou Senki
    Tokyo Ghoul:re
    Pretty Max
    Gokukoku no Brynhildr
    Riku-dou
    Destroy and Revolution (CP, Resume)
    Minamoto-kun Monogatari
    Usogui
    Purple Shikibu
    Boku Girl (CP)
    Shiratama-kun
    Motoyan
    Kako to Nise Tantei
    Kuroneko Shoujo (One Shot)
    Keppeki Danshi! Aoyama-kun
    87 Clockers

Golden Kamuy, Mogusa-san, Yokokuhan (Absent)
    Last edited by Kaizou 10; June 21st, 2015 at 05:56 AM.

Shipmate

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinary View Post
    I think Shoujo doesn't normally sell as well as Shonen, right?
    No. Not at all.

To name a few examples: before its infamous hiatus, Nana was selling better than both Fullmetal Alchemist and Hunter x Hunter, at its peak Kimi ni Todoke was selling better than Naruto, and Aoharu Ride had a bigger anime boost than even Yowamushi Pedal.

There is no doubt shoujo manga can be and often is just as successful as shonen manga. If there is a difference between the two different demographics oriented series, it is that popular shoujo manga tend to be much shorter than popular shonen manga. Few shoujo manga go past 20 volumes, even less pass 25 volumes, and I will have trouble remebering any shoujo series to go on after its volume 40 beside Glass Mask.

Quote Originally Posted by SunnyBlue View Post
    I can name at least 5 shounen manga(FMA, Inuyasha, D-gray man, Tsubasa, Magi)written by female authors but I don't think I have ever come across any shoujo manga written by male authors. They probably use pen name so maybe I didn't realise it.
    There is also the author of Black butler which I think is a female but I'm not sure.
    One of the most famous one would be Mineo Maya, the mangaka for Patalliro!
    While Patarillo! isn't very well known outside of Japan, the manga and the anime was very popular during the 80s and currently 90+ volumes long and still going. (over 100 if you count the spin-offs)
    At 22 million copies, it ranks in the top 100 manga list.

Weekly Shonen Jump Issue 31 Preview:

Hidden:

One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord

Quote Originally Posted by SunnyBlue View Post
    i think a lot of old shoujo were writen by men. But when I read Pygmalio I habe not really the impression to read a girl manga :-)

Shounen Jump Issue 30 Color Pages:
    Hidden:

One Piece

Kagamigami

Hidden:
    Isobe Isobee Monogatari

Preview for upcoming Himouto! Umaru-chan (series from Young Jump) animation:

This PV gave me Diabetes.

It's a romance series, of all the shonen series that I've read, the one with the healthiest and less stupid or contrieved "falling in love" phase was FMA, also written by a woman.
    I was just pointing out the flaw in the logic presented. Being a woman or a man won't necessarily mean anything, nor does what you just stated. At the very best, it might be a flawed indicator of what might be expected and that's about it.

The shonen jump one shot was fucking amazing. Holy shit, most mangaka would KILL to have a first chapter be so immersive and fascinating. And this was done by a non japanese foreign team? Fucking A. Give these guys work, I want MORE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TLC View Post
    The shonen jump one shot was fucking amazing. Holy shit, most mangaka would KILL to have a first chapter be so immersive and fascinating. And this was done by a non japanese foreign team? Fucking A. Give these guys work, I want MORE!!!
    Which one-shot are you talking about ?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information