+ Reply to Thread
Page 572 of 844 FirstFirst ... 72 472 522 562 570 571 572 573 574 582 622 672 ... LastLast
Results 11,421 to 11,440 of 16867

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: General Shueisha TOC and News

Quote Originally Posted by TheBuzzcocks View Post
    If only Jump would promote the original Jump+ series in the mag instead of spinoffs. There's quality there.
    They already did that.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Shounen Jump Issue 26 Color Pages:
    Devilyman (New Series)

Lady Justice

Haikyuu!!

Nisekoi

Lady Justice is ridiculous with the fan service/ecchi.

One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord

Quote Originally Posted by ARC-1300 View Post
    So you would rather them rush the series and be upset about them not resolving all dangling plot threads.
    And again, I continue to assert my point.

Want to write a great story? It shouldn't take this (that) long!

A major arc shouldn't take more than a year. The entire adventure should be able to be told in ten.

Now, if a mangaka wants to continue a story with the main protagonist (like Dragonball, then Z, now this new thing coming this fall) or spin off gaiden episodes on the side, that's okay...

I'm just saying that writers that take 30-40 years to spin their sagas leaves me a bit cold. That's not hyperbole, because One Piece is 18 years in and Berserk is what...25 years in?

What's the point? Our lives are finite!

If the author(s) are making it up as they go along, well I suppose that's one thing, but if you have your story in mind and your sagas fleshed out, Tell It In Ten (ought to be a new campaign).
    Last edited by M.Hicks; May 25th, 2015 at 06:18 AM. Reason: skipped a word

Quote Originally Posted by M.Hicks View Post
    And again, I continue to assert my point.

Want to write a great story? It shouldn't take this (that) long!

A major arc shouldn't take more than a year. The entire adventure should be able to be told in ten.

Now, if a mangaka wants to continue a story with the main protagonist (like Dragonball, then Z, now this new thing coming this fall) or spin off gaiden episodes on the side, that's okay...

I'm just saying that writers that take 30-40 years to spin their sagas leaves me a bit cold. That's not hyperbole, because One Piece is 18 years in and Berserk is what...25 years in?

What's the point? Our lives are finite!

If the author(s) are making it up as they go along, well I suppose that's one thing, but if you have your story in mind and your sagas fleshed out, Tell It In Ten (ought to be a new campaign).
    It's their work, let them tell it the way they want to, not the way you want it. If it takes this long to get all the plot threads, so be it, so long as they don't run their story into the ground.

Devilyman was better than it looked in the raw. Not amazing but it was a nice read.

Quote Originally Posted by M.Hicks View Post
    (like Dragonball, then Z, now this new thing coming this fall)
    What do you want to say with this? Dragon Ball Z is just a division that Toei did, just like Pierrot did with Naruto Shippuuden.

I disagree with everything else that you say. Basically it just seems you're impatient.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigivel View Post
    Basically it just seems you're impatient.
    I think it is most likely that s/he is scared of if those series will not going to complete because something might going to happen to those authors (like die from accident).

Quote Originally Posted by Bigivel View Post
    What do you want to say with this? Dragon Ball Z is just a division that Toei did, just like Pierrot did with Naruto Shippuuden.

I disagree with everything else that you say. Basically it just seems you're impatient.
    no it’s not being impatient. The more a series extends, the more the author creates plotlines that need to create other plotlines that need to create other plotlines... And honestly being called impatient when are talking about 20 years of our life sounds quite strange. For me One Piece becomes to long and its length is more and more a weakness than a strength. And the current arc just confirms that feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    For me One Piece becomes to long and its length is more and more a weakness than a strength. And the current arc just confirms that feeling.
    Except for Barto, Cabbage and Hakuba, Sabo, Corazon, Diamante, Kid Law, Senor Pink, Usopp's Jack-in-the-Box face, Usopp's haki sniping and the fact that the previous arc was one of the best even after an awful arc.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Except for Barto, Cabbage and Hakuba, Sabo, Corazon, Diamante, Kid Law, Senor Pink, Usopp's Jack-in-the-Box face, Usopp's haki sniping and the fact that the previous arc was one of the best even after an awful arc.
    The essential of all that could still be in the arc and the arc be a lot smaller.

Here is key visual for upcoming Ore Monogatari!! live-adaptation movie:

Spoiler:

Devilyman was a lot more fun than I thought it was gonna be. It's my favorite out of this new batch.

Why would you want something you love to end sooner? To be rushed? Yeah, 10 years is a long time when you're 15, but when you're 30 its way less of a big deal.

I've been enjoying OP for over a decade, and I'll enjoy it for another decade or more. Cool. Long as it keeps moving forward at least some and the world and characters keep being cool and the author obviously has interest in it... great! (on the other hand, Naruto should have ended after about 5 years.)

Berserk I've fallen off of, but thats mostly due to its release schedule.

Lets not even get into how long it takes *novel* series to come out depending on the writer. I'm as eager as anyone for the next Game of Thrones to come out, but I'd rather it be good, than be another uneventful snorefest like book 5 was.
    Harry Potter should have taken longer for the last book to come out, and that book should have shown some of the other stuff going on. It needed another draft and another 100 pages badly. But... it was rushed to be done in order to be done. ANd it forever shows on the final product.

Lord of the Rings took 17 years to write. It came out in abotu a year because it wasn't published till it was done... but it still took 17 years.

Its easy to be impatient while something is running, and say "this should be cut or that should be cut" but... you aren't the author. Hell if anything, I think Fishman Island should have been longer. And I'd hate it if Skypeia had been shortened in any way. And meeting Ace back in Alabasta should have been a longer deal too (one of the few things the anime did right). Is Dresserossa too long at 2 years? Maybe. Is it too long in terms of the entire series? Nope. SKypeia was once 1/3 of the whole thing. Now its one of the shorter arcs!
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

no it’s not being impatient. The more a series extends, the more the author creates plotlines that need to create other plotlines that need to create other plotlines... And honestly being called impatient when are talking about 20 years of our life sounds quite strange. For me One Piece becomes to long and its length is more and more a weakness than a strength. And the current arc just confirms that feeling.
    What the problem of a series being more robust?

It doesn't matter the time! Definition of impatient is "not willing to wait for something or someone". You're obviously limiting in time what a series should be because you can't wait for it.
    The same can be seen with your comment about plotlines, you want to see the end of the plotline branching and aren't even concerned about the branching nor each of the plotlines, just the end.

The current arc is just fine!

Quote Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
    Devilyman was a lot more fun than I thought it was gonna be. It's my favorite out of this new batch.
    It was more fun than I expected, but the dynamic of "kind hearted demon and evil spirited child" could get pretty redundant if not careful.
    Hopefully more is in stock.

Wow, wasn't expecting a Stan Lee cameo in Lady Justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    It was more fun than I expected, but the dynamic of "kind hearted demon and evil spirited child" could get pretty redundant if not careful.
    Hopefully more is in stock.
    Yep. It's fun, but the relationship itself can only go so far on its own.

The most obvious route for it to go after this would be the detective agency one, I guess; but we've already got Kagamigami for that.
    Last edited by Cruithne; May 26th, 2015 at 12:26 PM.

Wow that's one shitty analogy if i say so myself . Honestly i have been reading the series for more than 9 years now and i have yet to have any problems reading it on a weekly basis . It just seems like newer fans of the series can't seem to handle long arc's on a weekly basis .
    Last edited by Doffy. D Evil; May 26th, 2015 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffy. D Evil View Post
    Wow that's one shitty analogy if i say so myself . Honestly i have been reading the series for more than 9 years now and i have yet to have any problems reading it on a weekly basis . It just seems like newer fans of the series can't seem to handle long arc's on a weekly basis .
    Hum, don’t speak of things you don’t know please.

Really it boils down to if you believe the creator can actually deliver on what they've started. I think Oda is eventually going to address everything he's started, and then give us one hell of a multi-year finale. (I wouldn't be surprised if they deal with Kaido and Big Mom over the next five or six years, Wano obviously, with a couple short fun arcs to break things up, then get One Piece, and then go into a final arc that lasts 5 years dealing with blackbeard and the world government..) Given the progress the series has made thus far, I can believe it ending in 10 years, though it feels like it might need to be more like 15.

It helps that things are basically clean slated between islands. As big as Dresserossa is, future arcs dont need to have quite this many subthreads and can be a little shorter... but maybe they won't be. Up to Oda.

Now with say, Adventure Time, I have doubts since there's so many people involved and so many seperate bits being juggled now and a timeline covering 1000 years... that it just seems too unweildy but hey... maybe they'll manage.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information