+ Reply to Thread
Page 567 of 843 FirstFirst ... 67 467 517 557 565 566 567 568 569 577 617 667 ... LastLast
Results 11,321 to 11,340 of 16860

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: General Shueisha TOC and News

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    I'm sure there are other situations where there is a writer in manga, who continues a series with a different artist, regardless of the circumstances (be they death or whatever)
    No, there aren't.

I just pointed at Slayers because I know it retained the original author.
    The comicalization is still one of media attention project for Slayers franchise. Plus, the main story is still for light novel; it won't be good example about changing the artist issue.

But it is NOT UNHEARD OF.
    No, it is unheard in Japan unless you going to count those comedy spin-offs.

Just call it Hunter X Hunter Y Hunter Z and that's smoothed over for having a new artist. No biggie. Not unprecedented at all.
    That's like for new animation season

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Sure. Its *a* example that I personally know immediately.

I'm sure there's plenty of others. And thats not counting spinoffs that don't have any creator touch in them which I know there's a ton of.

There is no inherent problem with the writer continuing a manga with a different artist. At all. It's not unprecedented. Certainly not in the "it has never happened ever" category.

Mostly its because the writer/artist combo is rare to begin with that you don't see it happen much.
    Your argument basically work for the series by writer/artist pair. But, for series like one person doing everything; it didn't happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizou 10 View Post
    No, there aren't.

No, it is unheard in Japan unless you going to count those comedy spin-offs.
    Literally said by the resident manga expert right here.

Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    There's also Cyborg 009.
    Many years after Shoutarou Ishinomori's death, there is a "conclusion arc" being serialized right now on the web.
    The final arc is drawn by Ishinomori's former assistant, basing the story on massive amounts of plot notes and unfinished novel scripts found after the author's death.

http://club.shogakukan.co.jp/book/de...k_group_id/16/

You can always do what Hiroshi Motomiya did.

Despite being one of the biggest names and long time veteran mangaka, Motomiya says how he's a terrible artist and can't draw backgrounds worth squat. He often just draw the face or only the eyes and have his assistants finish almost the whole art.

I'm sorry all these legitimate examples of exactly what you asked for never happened ever just so you can stand by your point that there has never in all of recorded history even once been a case where a manga continued in some form with a different artist at some point due to some factor.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Okay, I'm going to explain this. Slayers manga is part of media mix project. Those mangas aren't for the main thing and most of them are like spin-off of main story, so the artist for those manga aren't really important, unlike the actual manga-original series.

So, having different artists for media mix project isn't good example to argue HxH issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Hermit View Post
    Literally said by the resident manga expert right here.
    It looks like someone isn't listening to whole discussion.

5 days & 5 pages of HxH discussion, It's great to see that the hiatus haven't affected the fans passion for the series

anyway, any news on when will Toriyama & Katsura new manga start?

Unlike the other examples (which the scribble was changed to proper drawing in the volume), that chapter didn't change within the volume. So, I think Togashi purposely draw that way for that chapter.
    I honestly do like the look of the chapter, but if I ever buy that volume, I think I'll still feel like I got ripped off. It's hard for me to believe that he couldn't have done it with a similar mood, but better art.

I'm sorry all these legitimate examples of exactly what you asked for never happened ever just so you can stand by your point that there has never in all of recorded history even once been a case where a manga continued in some form with a different artist at some point due to some factor.
    To be fair, death is actually the only case I can think of.
    There might be some example of this, but I can't think of any where an artist was replaced in middle of serialization for any other factor.

Of course, there have always been speculation of people wondering if the artist was secretly replaced. And in case of a few bigshot artists with a studio of their own (such as the above mentioned Motomiya), sometimes the artist shifts to doing less work than his assistants.

There's been a few cases where a co-writer got sort of replaced.
    For example, the writer of Master Keaton was at one point removed from the prints and the editor of the duo said the writer didn't put much effort into it, and Urasawa and the editor ended up co-writing most of it. But removal of the writer's name caused a conflict of interest between the party involved and they had to stop the print. It wasn't until years later that new prints of Master Keaton was published. (which was one of the reason why I don't own the series yet, despite absolutely loving the series)

It looks like someone isn't listening to whole discussion.
    I'm sorry that the whole point of this discussion is that there are instances where things *have* been taken over and that they *can* be taken over. Even if death is the only example Aohige can think of, your implicit statements that it's completely unheard of is just dead wrong.

I'm sorry that the whole point of this discussion is that there are instances where things *have* been taken over and that they *can* be taken over. Even if death is the only example Aohige can think of, your implicit statements that it's completely unheard of is just dead wrong.
    I did mention previously that the death is only case; if you just go back, then you should see what I have wrote. Maybe I didn't add that part since I was in rush while writing that part. But, if you look back, then you should know what I'm saying.

I did mention previously that the death is only case; if you just go back, then you should see what I have wrote. Maybe I didn't add that part since I was in rush while writing that part. But, if you look back, then you should know what I'm saying.
    You didn't, and Robby's whole point was that, and I quote, "I'm sure there are other situations where there is a writer in manga, who continues a series with a different artist, regardless of the circumstances (be they death or whatever)" and "But it is NOT UNHEARD OF."

Literally from your own discussion and the points he's making. I mean I'm certainly making an effort to follow the conversation and not ignore legitimate examples of people taking things over.

Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    To be fair, death is actually the only case I can think of.
    Or maybe cutting out his arms

You didn't, and Robby's whole point was that, and I quote, "I'm sure there are other situations where there is a writer in manga, who continues a series with a different artist, regardless of the circumstances (be they death or whatever)" and "But it is NOT UNHEARD OF."

Literally from your own discussion and the points he's making. I mean I'm certainly making an effort to follow the conversation and not ignore legitimate examples of people taking things over.
    I said I was in rush while writing that.

And yes, the death is only way. But, is Togashi died? Or is he in cricial situation of life or death? No. Except death of mangaka, there is nothing will change the artist in the midway of series.

Shipmate

No living artist has been replaced during the original manga serialization.

Sequels, spin-offs and mixed media projects aren't the original, so they do not change the point.

There. Done.

Now to more important matters: Viz has done YOKO's new manga for the Jack Start, right? I so have to find the rip.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblade View Post
    No living artist has been replaced during the original manga serialization.

Sequels, spin-offs and mixed media projects aren't the original, so they do not change the point.

There. Done.
    Thank you (16 characters)

Shounen Jump Issue 25 Bottom 5:
    Hinomaru Zumou
    Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kouen-mae Hashutsujo
    World Trigger
    Kagamigami
    Ultra Battle Satellite (End)

Shounen Jump Issue 26:
    Cover, Lead CP: Devilyman (New Series)
    CP: Lady Justice, One Shot

P.S. Not sure if it is real

They ended UBS?!

I did not see this coming

You meant his feet, right
    Anyway I think he is an exceptional mangaka in many regards (good and bad).
    He might just go for the route that no one else took before him...or not!

Quote Originally Posted by RamistaR View Post
    You meant his feet, right
    Why his feet? (16 characters)

Or gouge his eyes out.

Or maybe lock him in a room and deprive him of food and sleep until his mind turns to mush, and...

Oh, sorry. My mind went to a dark place.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    So are you guys gonna reopen the HxH thread or what?
    Why? There hasn't been any news and I think any discussion on the potential of continuing with a new artists has already run its course in here. What would be the point? Complain about the hiatuses some more? Debate his health? Or that the book shouldn't be a shonen because its age inappropriate? Just reread the thread if you want to loop into the same three discussions that always happen on breaks.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information