+ Reply to Thread
Page 564 of 844 FirstFirst ... 64 464 514 554 562 563 564 565 566 574 614 664 ... LastLast
Results 11,261 to 11,280 of 16874

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: General Shueisha TOC and News

Quote Originally Posted by Aaronrules380 View Post
    because it feels like a good portion of the chapters he releases nowadays (when he bothers to release anything) have scribbles.
    No, it wasn't scrabbles. Even for the most recent 9 chapters, none of them were drawn scrabbles; it maintain its normal art. I don't why people think he always do scrabbles now.

ANd the parts that don't aren't all that special either, art wise. Also, "not that often" isn't really acceptable when really it should never happen at all
    Does everyone expects something like art masterpiece in manga? Even for other Jump series, they don't do much special thing or anything for them as well, except that they are actually doing their job. But, I don't see any special thing in art for other Jump authors.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizou 10 View Post
    No, it wasn't scrabbles. Even for the most recent 9 chapters, none of them were drawn scrabbles; it maintain its normal art. I don't why people think he always do scrabbles now.

Does everyone expects something like art masterpiece in manga? Even for other Jump series, they don't do much special thing or anything for them as well, except that they are actually doing their job. But, I don't see any special thing in art for other Jump authors.
    I love how the fact that I get mad that Togashi has delivered fans LITERAL scribbles means I want art masterpieces. Not to mention that even when it's not doing scribbles, Hunter X Hunter is usually pretty below average compared to OTHER JUMP SERIES

I love how the fact that I get mad that Togashi has delivered fans LITERAL scribbles means I want art masterpieces. Not to mention that even when it's not doing scribbles, Hunter X Hunter is usually pretty below average compared to OTHER JUMP SERIES
    Well, if you argue that, then that's most likely issue for different taste of artwork rather than Togashi actually putting effort on his art or not. Like you cannot expect Isayama (author of Shingeki no Kyojin) and Tamura (author of Beelzebub) to draw like Saeki (illustrator for Shokugeki no Souma).

Well, if you argue that, then that's most likely issue for different taste of artwork rather than Togashi actually putting effort on his art or not. Like you cannot expect Isayama (author of Shingeki no Kyojin) and Tamura (author of Beelzebub) to draw like Saeki (illustrator for Shokugeki no Souma).
    Togashi has delivered artwork much better than his usual fare (and I don't mean the scribbles). And I don't expect all artists to draw equally well. Isayama is a bad artist, but nobody here is saying he isn't (I personally think attack on titan would be better off with a more competent artist, and it's one of the few manga, along with hunter x hunter coincidentally, where the anime art is a definitive improvement over the manga). I feel like Beelzebub's author, while average, has also consistently put out better art than Togashi as well for that matter

Togashi has delivered artwork much better than his usual fare (and I don't mean the scribbles).
    I did look at his most recent artwork and I think he is delivering same thing as usual. Maybe because there are too much speech bubbles for current chapter.

I did look at his most recent artwork and I think he is delivering same thing as usual. Maybe because there are too much speech bubbles for current chapter.
    That's because even his "usual" is well below what he's capable of when he really tries, which is my point. And even his best isn't anything that special. His usual style is average at best

That's because even his "usual" is well below what he's capable of when he really tries, which is my point. And even his best isn't anything that special. His usual style is average at best
    Again, this is the issue about difference on people's taste. Just because you think Togashi's artwork is average or below, that doesn't really make a good reason to change to different artist. If the issue was like Togashi injured his hand badly so he can't draw or he keeps doing actual scrabble drawing, then there is possibility of changing to different artist. But, just because someone think his artwork isn't good, that doesn't make good excuse to change the artist. If we can do that, then we can say that argument for basically every series out there.

Again, this is the issue about difference on people's taste. Just because you think Togashi's artwork is average or below, that doesn't really make a good reason to change to different artist. If the issue was like Togashi injured his hand badly so he can't draw or he keeps doing actual scrabble drawing, then there is possibility of changing to different artist. But, just because someone think his artwork isn't good, that doesn't make good excuse to change the artist. If we can do that, then we can say that argument for basically every series out there.
    most series actually get chapters out on a regular basis

most series actually get chapters out on a regular basis
    Okay, now the subject has changed.

Okay, now the subject has changed.
    I love how your memory is so selective you forgot how this goddamn discussion started in the first place LOL

I love how your memory is so selective you forgot how this goddamn discussion started in the first place LOL
    At first, we talked about the artist for HxH should change because the artwork isn't good and we are talking about that. And now, we are changing the artist should change due to irregular serialization. And I already talk about that in the previous posts as well (not from your discussion, though). So, I'm just tired saying same things again.

At first, we talked about the artist for HxH should change because the artwork isn't good and we are talking about that. And now, we are changing the artist should change due to irregular serialization. And I already talk about that in the previous posts as well (not from your discussion, though). So, I'm just tired saying same things again.
    No, the whole point was that Toagshi is so goddamn irregular in his releases, and that if he has such a hard time getting chapters out regularly, he should swallow his pride and get someone else to do the art, especially since his art was never anything special in the first place. But please, show me the legions of HxH fans who think the series would be vastly inferior without him as the artist (Because you know, everyone hated the madhouse anime and thought it had shit art)

No, the whole point was that Toagshi is so goddamn irregular in his releases, and that if he has such a hard time getting chapters out regularly, he should swallow his pride and get someone else to do the art, especially since his art was never anything special in the first place.
    I'm not talking about whole general discussion about HxH issue (which started few days ago). I'm talking about the discussion between you and me; our discussion was focusing of Togashi's artwork.

(Because you know, everyone hated the madhouse anime and thought it had shit art)
    Okay, you are bringing anime art now.

I'm not talking about whole general discussion about HxH issue (which started few days ago). I'm talking about the discussion between you and me; our discussion was focusing of Togashi's artwork.
    Which was a continuation of the original discussion. It's not that hard to understand, seriously

Which was a continuation of the original discussion. It's not that hard to understand, seriously
    Here, you started the discussion about Togashi's artwork: http://www.arlongpark.net/showthread...=1#post3467538

I personally also couldn´t see someone else draw One Piece.
    But i would get used to it, when i knew otherwise i wouln´t get to read the whole story.
    Togashi still should have plenty of time to get his manga done, but when the pace of the chapters isn´t increasing there is the possibility we might miss the point where the story could be finished/ someone else could step in.(like in 10 years Togashi might be in worse shape and couldn´t even tell the story anymore to someone competent)
    UnrevealedVegapunk/Ryokugyu/Loki/Rocks/Im-san
    IslandElbaf/Raftel/GodValley
    UnresolvedWeevil´s plan/Explaining DFs/Deal with Kuma-Bonney´s past/Joy-Boy/Zunisha´s story/Rocks flashback/Void Century/Rioponeglyph/Uranus/the D.clan
    DFWind/Metal/Wood/Acid/Liquid/Time-Stop

I was under the impression that Oda didn't draw all of his chapters? I think it was Greg or some interview that peeked into his work sphere. He does the color pages, character designs, and delineates the backgrounds/movement of characters so that the flow/feel always stays the same, and then his assistants help fill in the rest.
    Hey you! Let's party!

Here, you started the discussion about Togashi's artwork: http://www.arlongpark.net/showthread...=1#post3467538
    So do you just not understand the concept of context or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Unrequited View Post
    I was under the impression that Oda didn't draw all of his chapters? I think it was Greg or some interview that peeked into his work sphere. He does the color pages, character designs, and delineates the backgrounds/movement of characters so that the flow/feel always stays the same, and then his assistants help fill in the rest.
    He draws everything that moves.

One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord

I care more about if D.Gray-Man is coming back than HunterXHunter.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information