+ Reply to Thread
Page 562 of 844 FirstFirst ... 62 462 512 552 560 561 562 563 564 572 612 662 ... LastLast
Results 11,221 to 11,240 of 16875

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: General Shueisha TOC and News

He just needs someone to do the art for him. I really wish his editor would push him to this.

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3762-9083

Well for the last 10 chapters it looked like Togashi was getting some help with the art, because that was the best HunterxHunter has looked since, well ever. It's a damn shame that those chapters are still in a volume less limbo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mumbo View Post
    Togashi needs to swallow his pride and work with Madhouse to continue and finish the series in anime form. Like Toriyama and Dragon Ball Super.

But yeah chapter 339 is a perfectly fine ending, unfortunately there are ten more chapters floating in oblivion.
    He needs to swallow his pride and get another mangaka to draw the continuation for him. He can still do the story, his problem is drawing, and there's plenty of "combos" authors in the industry. It's actually ridiculous how much time has passed without this solution being adopted.

The last hiatus was because of a back pain, right?

Quote Originally Posted by rereboy View Post
    He needs to swallow his pride and get another mangaka to draw the continuation for him. He can still do the story, his problem is drawing, and there's plenty of "combos" authors in the industry. It's actually ridiculous how much time has passed without this solution being adopted.
    But, I don't think there are any other authors who can draw Togashi's style of grotesque.

Togashi needs to swallow his pride and work with Madhouse to continue and finish the series in anime form. Like Toriyama and Dragon Ball Super.

But yeah chapter 339 is a perfectly fine ending, unfortunately there are ten more chapters floating in oblivion.
    Only difference is that dragon ball was a completed series and ended definitively, and have been for quite sometime.

Hunter x hunter, had one but decided to make it open ended at the last second

But will Shueisha be OK with that? I don't think so.

Chapter 339 had the introduction of Nen Beasts, the name of the emperor's children that no one cares. and Saiyuun's powers revealed, plus he was revealed as a mole a chapter ago.
    How the hell is that a good ending?

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Chapter 339 had the introduction of Nen Beasts, the name of the emperor's children that no one cares. and Saiyuun's powers revealed, plus he was revealed as a mole a chapter ago.
    How the hell is that a good ending?
    That's chapter 349, not 339.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizou 10 View Post
    That's chapter 349, not 339.

But, I don't think there are any other authors who can draw Togashi's style of grotesque.
    There's plenty of great artists out there perfectly capable of doing great art for Hunterxhunter, especially if the original author is pretty specific regarding the look he wants.

There's plenty of great artists out there perfectly capable of doing great art for Hunterxhunter, especially if the original author is pretty specific regarding the look he wants.
    I really isn't talking about the artwork; it is about same taste of Togashi's design style. Plus, I don't think the drawing is the case for HxH.

I really isn't talking about the artwork; it is about same taste of Togashi's design style. Plus, I don't think the drawing is the case for HxH.
    And, as I said, there's plenty of great artists out there perfectly able to create great art for the manga, whether its on a new art style or emulating the original author's art style.

Not to mention that, on american comics, artists change all the time and sometimes the art style changes a lot and others times it remains basically the same but either way its not really a problem at all. It also shouldn't really a problem on Hunterxhunter as long as the new artist is good. Keeping the manga stalled instead of doing something like that doesn't really make sense.

And yes, drawing is the problem for Hunterxhunter. The author has health problems that really restrict his ability to draw and spend long periods of time trying to draw. That's the main problem for the continuation of the manga. If the author didn't have to draw, his physical requirements for the job would be much easier since he would only have to think about the plot and such. Even if the manga had to take more breaks than a normal manga, it would be much, much easier than now.
    Last edited by rereboy; May 8th, 2015 at 02:55 PM.

And, as I said, there's plenty of great artists out there perfectly able to create great art for the manga, whether its on a new art style or emulating the original author's art style.

Not to mention that, on american comics, artists change all the time and sometimes the art style changes a lot and others times it remains basically the same but either way its not really a problem at all. It also shouldn't really a problem on Hunterxhunter as long as the new artist is good. Keeping the manga stalled instead of doing something like that doesn't really make sense.
    Even there is great artist, it is dangerous to hire different author in the middle of popular series. If the artwork has changed, then the fans aren't going to be happy about it. Even if the author copy Togashi's style, it is still going to be different.

Plus, if the drawing was a problem, then the editor should have do something about rather than keep doing this on-and-off for almost 10 years.

And yes, drawing is the problem for Hunterxhunter. The author has health problems that really restrict his ability to draw and spend long periods of time trying to draw. That's the main problem for the continuation of the manga. If the author didn't have to draw, his physical requirements for the job would be much easier since he would only have to think about the plot and such. Even if the manga had to take more breaks than a normal manga, it would be much, much easier than now.
    The health isn't problem for HxH. For long time, there was never clear explanation about why HxH keep having hiatus. Some people do said it is health? Some other say because he is too busy playing Dragon Quest? And some say his wife (author of Sailor Moon) makes money for him? And some say whatever? So, there was never clear explanation about why HxH is getting hiatus.

And yes, there was an explanation about Togashi's explanation of hiatus on this time. But, it doesn't mean that his health was always problem before. Plus, just he having sick one time doesn't bring a conclusion about "hey, let's get another artist." He just need to take care of body until he got better, not to force to continue the series with bringing random different artist. If that really happened, then this should happen for many other series as well.

Yeah, changing the artist now is gonna makes the fans mad. And we can't risk losing that state of happiness they're all undoubtedly in now.

It is announced that Ore Monogatari!! (series from Bessatsu Margaret) going to have a live-adaptation movie.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...on-film/.87995

I just wonder how well Togashi plays with others. It's obvious at this point that he will never be able to complete the manga on his own, and it's something he needs to acknowledge, as much of a bitter pill as it is to swallow. But I feel like it would probably drive him nuts to work with another artist and not be able to draw his own damn manga. I know he was getting help in the last ten chapters, and I wonder if part of the reason he had to stop again was him getting more and more involved.

That's why I was thinking more completing the series in anime form, so it wouldn't be someone else finishing Togashi's baby, his manga, for him, but rather an adaptation moving on with his involvement. But whatever. The point is he can't do it own his own anymore.

It's downright sad no firm solution has been reached with this whole situation. When you start a weekly series, there's an understanding that it will be, well, "weekly," and if he can't hold that up anymore, he needs to acknowledge that.

"Fans would be mad if they changed HXH's artist" Are you kidding me?

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3762-9083

Quote Originally Posted by MarcelloF View Post
    "Fans would be mad if they changed HXH's artist" Are you kidding me?
    You disagree? (16 characters)

I'd be mad if there was a new artist. I like Togashi's style and I'd always be left wondering what a scene would look like if he drew it instead.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information