+ Reply to Thread
Page 546 of 844 FirstFirst ... 46 446 496 536 544 545 546 547 548 556 596 646 ... LastLast
Results 10,901 to 10,920 of 16867

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

  1. #10901
    Shipmate Kaizou 10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Somewhere in Planet Earth

    Default Re: General Shueisha TOC and News

    Quote Originally Posted by EA575 View Post
    Huh, Gakkyu Hotei is near the bottom...
    Not near, it is in last place.

  2. #10902

    Default Re: General Shueisha TOC and News

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaizou 10 View Post
    Not near, it is in last place.
    I'm guessing Isobe being at the bottom is standard procedure huh lol

  3. #10903

    Default Re: General Shueisha TOC and News

    Quote Originally Posted by EA575 View Post
    I'm guessing Isobe being at the bottom is standard procedure huh lol
    Yep. It's unranked at this point similarly to Kochikame.

  4. #10904
    Discovered Stowaway Bigivel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Portugal

    Default Re: General Shueisha TOC and News

    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Hermit View Post
    Yep. It's unranked at this point similarly to Kochikame.
    Is not similar to Kochikame, but with Jaguar. There was an official announcement about the fact of Isobe being always at the end of the magazine.
    Kochikame has nothing of the genre.

  5. #10905

    Default Re: General Shueisha TOC and News

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigivel View Post
    Is not similar to Kochikame, but with Jaguar. There was an official announcement about the fact of Isobe being always at the end of the magazine.
    Kochikame has nothing of the genre.
    I know. The insinuation was that it's a series that is not ranked towards the end of the magazine.

  6. #10906
    Discovered Stowaway Bigivel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Portugal

    Default Re: General Shueisha TOC and News

    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Hermit View Post
    I know. The insinuation was that it's a series that is not ranked towards the end of the magazine.
    But for all purposes Kochikame is ranked!
    If we start putting series not ranked just because they only appear at the end(Kochikame, Bleach, Isobe), then we also have to not rank series that only appear at the begin(One Piece, Assassination Classroom, Hero Academia).

    The only reason for not counting a series is if it has a special situation, something that Kochikame doesn't have and Isobe has.

  7. #10907

    Default Re: General Shueisha TOC and News

    Uhhh I was under the imrpession that it literally does not matter where Kochikame is in the rankings and it pretty much is immune to any sort of implications that the ranking system actually entails. Thus, when we look at bottom five, Kochikame is always taken out of the picture because it doesn't matter where it stands.

  8. #10908
    Discovered Stowaway Bigivel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Portugal

    Default Re: General Shueisha TOC and News

    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Hermit View Post
    Uhhh I was under the imrpession that it literally does not matter where Kochikame is in the rankings and it pretty much is immune to any sort of implications that the ranking system actually entails. Thus, when we look at bottom five, Kochikame is always taken out of the picture because it doesn't matter where it stands.
    No, sometimes it appears out of the bottom 5. Kochikame situation is similar with Bleach. Not long ago, 2012 or 2011 it had rankings in the middle of the TOC, but started getting lower and lower. The fact it doesn't get cancelled has to do with the contribution to the Magazine, that is bigger than any series right now, even bigger than One Piece, just like Bleach doesn't get cancelled due to its contribution to the magazine, around 8 years as a Top 3 series(and 1 or 2 more years in Top 5) with mega sales in volumes and successful in all the others fronts.

  9. #10909
    Shipmate Kaizou 10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Somewhere in Planet Earth

    Default Re: General Shueisha TOC and News

    One Piece Volume 77


    Bleach Volume 67


    Gintama Volume 58


    Toriko Volume 34


    Nisekoi Volume 17


    Shokugeki no Souma Volume 12


    Isobe Isobee Monogatari~Ukiyo wa Tsuraiyo~ Volume 6



    Hinomaru Zumou Volume 4


    Boku no Hero Academia Volume 3


    Judos Volume 3 (Final)


    Hi-Fi Cluster Volume 3 (Final)


    Sporting Salt Volume 2


  10. #10910
    potentially on hiatus Ordinary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: General Shueisha TOC and News

    Shokugeki no soma's volume looks pretty neat!

    Deku looks pretty weird on the volume. Awkward pose, and something about his face is...off. Eyes too big?

  11. #10911

    Default Re: General Shueisha TOC and News

    Quote Originally Posted by Ordinary View Post
    Shokugeki no soma's volume looks pretty neat!

    Deku looks pretty weird on the volume. Awkward pose, and something about his face is...off. Eyes too big?
    It kinda looks like he's missing his left arm from the elbow down.
    Still, I think it's better than the last two volume covers. I guess I like the way Shigaraki looms over everyone in the background like that.
    Deku could maybe be a bit more dynamic. Or emotive? I'm not sure which one's bugging me.

  12. #10912
    potentially on hiatus Ordinary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: General Shueisha TOC and News

    Hands guy in colour is great, yes.

    i think....what bugs me about Deku's face is that it feel the the surface is "rounded". Like his face is part of a curved ball. In addition to his rounded chin, there's nothing to suggest cheeks on the right side of his head.

    it's like Deku's head is an ovalish wind waker style head. Maybe he's switching up his styles a bit. Not a bad thing though.

  13. #10913

    Default Re: General Shueisha TOC and News

    Reminder:
    Shokugeki no Soma is a cooking manga.

  14. #10914

    Default Re: General Shueisha TOC and News

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigivel View Post
    No, sometimes it appears out of the bottom 5. Kochikame situation is similar with Bleach. Not long ago, 2012 or 2011 it had rankings in the middle of the TOC, but started getting lower and lower. The fact it doesn't get cancelled has to do with the contribution to the Magazine, that is bigger than any series right now, even bigger than One Piece, just like Bleach doesn't get cancelled due to its contribution to the magazine, around 8 years as a Top 3 series(and 1 or 2 more years in Top 5) with mega sales in volumes and successful in all the others fronts.
    What I'm saying is that, regardless of where it's placed in the ToC, it literally doesn't matter because it's impervious to cancellation. Regardless of why it doesn't get cancelled doesn't change the fact that it won't get cancelled and that, for all in tents and purposes, its ranking could be anywhere and it wouldn't matter.

    This is a completely different case from AC, OP, and MHA because you actually do have to have some level of competitiveness to get the top spot, or Bleach, who at least is pretending it's in its final arc.

    And, overall, I do remember someone saying that Kochikame is unranked, and a google search brings up Kaizou 10, so perhaps he'd like to chime in and say something.

  15. #10915

    Default Re: General Shueisha TOC and News

    Weekly Shonen Jump Issue 18 cover:

    Spoiler:

    One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord

  16. #10916
    Shipmate Kaizou 10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Somewhere in Planet Earth

    Default Re: General Shueisha TOC and News

    It is announced that there going to be an OVA for Tokyo Ghoul.


  17. #10917

    Default Re: General Shueisha TOC and News

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    What does it say about One Piece in the preview? I'm connecting the dots here, but OP is paired together with Gintama, Seraph of the End, Nisekoi and Shokugeki, and I see the intitals "OP" appearing twice.

    Could it...could it be a new opening?
    Looks like my intuition was right after all.

  18. #10918

    Default Re: General Shueisha TOC and News

    Anyone care to explain why Clover is third in this week's rankings?

    Even if it's still unranked, it has no business being that high.

  19. #10919

    Default Re: General Shueisha TOC and News

    Yeah, Kochikame is unofficially unranked because everyone KNOWS its not going anywhere, so it doesn't get votes. Its immunity to cancellation does pretty blatantly affect its placement.

    If people thought Bleach might get cancelled if it fell too low too long, I'm sure its hardcore fans would be chiming in more often to keep the numbers up as well. As is it had its anime cancelled.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

    Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

  20. #10920
    Discovered Stowaway Bigivel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Portugal

    Default Re: General Shueisha TOC and News

    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Hermit View Post
    What I'm saying is that, regardless of where it's placed in the ToC, it literally doesn't matter because it's impervious to cancellation. Regardless of why it doesn't get cancelled doesn't change the fact that it won't get cancelled and that, for all in tents and purposes, its ranking could be anywhere and it wouldn't matter.

    This is a completely different case from AC, OP, and MHA because you actually do have to have some level of competitiveness to get the top spot, or Bleach, who at least is pretending it's in its final arc.

    And, overall, I do remember someone saying that Kochikame is unranked, and a google search brings up Kaizou 10, so perhaps he'd like to chime in and say something.
    Your first paragraph basically is true for One Piece and other series in the magazine, though those other series are arguable. Are you saying that Isobee is unranked similar to One Piece as well?

    Is not different because the guys in the bottom also fight for positions, just like the ones in the top. The only difference is ones are in the top and the others are in the bottom.

    The "Kochikame isn't ranked" isn't the same thing that "Isobee isn't ranked"!
    - Kochikame is just people saying that isn't going to be cancelled no matter what.
    - Isobee is the Magazine editorial officially saying that it is special.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts