+ Reply to Thread
Page 534 of 843 FirstFirst ... 34 434 484 524 532 533 534 535 536 544 584 634 ... LastLast
Results 10,661 to 10,680 of 16860

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: General Shueisha TOC and News

Quote Originally Posted by TheBuzzcocks View Post
    Ultra Battle Satelitte was pretty solid. It's a throwback series to the 80's and 90's with modern day Shonen Champion sensibilities. Supremely impressive serialization round.
    Yeah, they're not all fantastic, but they're all at least decent, and nothing is even close to as awful as any of the first round of jump starts (Judos, HiFi Cluster, Sporting Salt)

Author comments from SJAlpha:

Spoiler:

UBS was good but not great IMO. Not sure that this kind of old school concept will work. We'll see. Interested to see a more contested fight from the MC.
    Roggy had an amazing spread this week but I'm still not enjoying the story. The MC is great though.
    As for Black Clover, I liked the last spread but the rest was still weak. How many times will the MC repeat that he will be the wizard king ? An MC repeating his goal is frequent in Shonen but that's just too much in this one. My impression for this round: Kagamigami >>> Roggy > UBS >> Black Clover
    If one title will become a regular for ESJ, I hope it's Kagamigami.
    Last edited by fana; March 2nd, 2015 at 02:45 PM.

Battle Satelite was.. weird.

I think that there needs to be more moraly gray stuff in WSJ, but I think that they allowing something this degree of dark is part compensation of losing Attack on Titan. The battle was fun, but I can't get behind a character that just goes and cheats (no, I didn't know, no subtle technicism, no technicality). He's an interesting fighter, so he gets a pass.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

What did you think of the new Cyborg Roggy chapter?
    I won't be able to read it until later today.

A mess, I didn't get anything that happened.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    A mess, I didn't get anything that happened.
    Basic second chapter, kid comes to Roggy to save his sister. Sister is a doctor that is forced to perform Augsburg on a gang so her brother can get expensive medical treatment. Roggy beats up gang.

Yeah, but now the kid dies because she doesn't have money? Why did they need to be beaten, the sister didn't even say that she was abused, how did he knock out the water guy, he just punched him again and now it worked?
    SW-4128-8032-0729

the last few panels was Roggy using the rich boy's money to pay the lady so she can afford the boy's treatment

What rich boy? Dog is rich? So why does he do crappy jobs? Did he steal from the bandits?
    SW-4128-8032-0729

the rich boy who was the ringleader of the club. it said earlier in the chapter that they have more money than they know what to do with.

Well, it stands to reason that the thugs have money for the aguments, and while it isn't explicitely said, the sister was being held against her will, or at least had a very demanding job schedule.

But then, how did Roggy beat the water dude?
    SW-4128-8032-0729

I couldn't ignore this converation, but is Roggy that hard to read?

he punched him a lot of times very hard

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    I couldn't ignore this converation, but is Roggy that hard to read?
    I think maxter is having a harder time than most people, but it also does feature some awkward transitions and sometimes doesn't really point out the most important detail of a panel very well

Yeah, I didn't get it the first time, and I didn't find it entretaining enough to read it again. Sorry.

The way that he was smiten by the sister was funy, though.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

UBS was such a 90's fighting game. It'd be right up my alley to play. Not sure how much I'd enjoy reading such a thing, but I'm open for more chapters. I guess that my tentative ordering would be Kagamigami > Roggy > UBS > Black Clover.

Does someone think one of those four will stand after Gintama ends?

I'm really enjoying Gakyuu Hotei lately. I find it amazing how nicely they're able to put that much content with each chapter. Also, Sarutobi is awesome.
    I'm getting quite confident that I guessed one of the upcoming revelation (regarding a certain girl) so I'm really looking forward to seeing if I'm right or wrong.
    I hope it sells well but even if it doesn't and thus doesn't last very long I got the feeling that the writer can still make a very decent ending.

Too soon to tell, they don't have the stench of defeat that the last two batches had (not counting Court Classroom)

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by fana View Post
    I'm really enjoying Gakyuu Hotei lately. I find it amazing how nicely they're able to put that much content with each chapter. Also, Sarutobi is awesome.
    I'm getting quite confident that I guessed one of the upcoming revelation (regarding a certain girl) so I'm really looking forward to seeing if I'm right or wrong.
    I hope it sells well but even if it doesn't and thus doesn't last very long I got the feeling that the writer can still make a very decent ending.
    Saru Inu... What other animal could there be in the trio???

You only get points if you guessed before Sarutobi's arrival.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

No, that's not it. My guess is that we have already met Kijima. The character I'm thinking of is quite obvious.
    Last edited by fana; March 2nd, 2015 at 05:34 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information