+ Reply to Thread
Page 531 of 844 FirstFirst ... 31 431 481 521 529 530 531 532 533 541 581 631 ... LastLast
Results 10,601 to 10,620 of 16871

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: General Shueisha TOC and News

In the issue Terra Formars is absent, Tokyo Ghoul takes the first spot.
    Fitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizou 10 View Post
    OMG Pochi Kuro is actually getting a print release!
    *start throwing money at monitor*
    Last edited by spyda; February 22nd, 2015 at 05:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spyda View Post
    OMG Pochi Kuro is actually getting a print release!
    *start throwing money at monitor*
    I can't talk enough about how much I love Jump+ It gives creators a platform they wouldn't otherwise have. I hope it's a success for both parties. I'm supporting these volume releases wholeheartedly.

Author comments from this week's SJAlpha:

Spoiler:

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Kubo staying faithful to his characters, I see.

Roggy seems like Dio with Gintoki's morals. lol
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

A little disappointed by Roggy. The MC is interesting but I didn't really like everything else.
    Hopefully, the second chapter will be more appealing to me.
    The second chapter of Black Clover is a little bit better. The character designs introduced in this one are good. But I'm still not having a good impression of the story and the MCs.
    Kagamigami is by far my favorite of the 3. Funny and a really interesting female MC (which I think is rare in WSJ).
    If Ultra Battle Satellite doesn't impress me more than that manga, I'll be crossing fingers that Kagamigami will stay in ESJ. I want to continue reading it even if it may have a short run.

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    Roggy seems like Dio with Gintoki's morals. lol
    what did you think of the chapter as a whole?

Eh, not as exciting as I tought on the raw, but good base, more original than black clover, less likeable characters than the girl from the shinigami series, but good enough. If I cared to vote, this one is wining.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

I never thought English Jump would reach a point where there would be eleven series running in one issue. Almost brings a tear to my eye.

Not sure what about Roggy made Jump willing to keep their offer open until the author graduated college. Hopefully it'll get better.

Clover has done nothing for me so far. Congrats to Tabata on getting married, though.

Well, Hero wasn't exciting after chapter 2 and here where it is right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
    Not sure what about Roggy made Jump willing to keep their offer open until the author graduated college. Hopefully it'll get better.
    For his age, the one-shot was extremely high quality, and he's done two other one-shots in the meantime, both of which were pretty well received. One was another Roggy story, the other was about a samurai/exorcist in medieval Japan. For a rookie to have such clean, refined art and solid page layouts is impressive. Even the original one-shot looked like something by a veteran artist, and he was only 16 when he drew it.

Cyborg Roggy has great art and character designs, but the first chapter wasn't especially exciting. A more elaborate battle sequence, amazing special powers, or a cool transformation would have helped a lot -- but this series has a lot of potential for that in the future. I like the characters and setting enough that I want to see more of it, at least. And even if it's not a hit, I think we'll see big things from the author in the future.

Black Clover
    is frankly like a paint-by-numbers of how to make a successful shonen manga, which means that it'll probably appeal to a lot of people, but for me it just feels formulaic. I expect more discerning readers will find it unoriginal -- it is basically Naruto, with hints of other mainstream series thrown in. I feel like I can predict how the next chapter will play out, and how the first arc in general will go.

Kagamigami has great art and a really interesting world, but it's not doing enough with it to get me really invested. The third chapter's a big step in the right direction, at least. There's so much cool stuff that can be done with the shikigami concept, and I want to see more of that.

I'm still not really interested in Ultra Battle Satellite because I'm not a big fan of sports manga, but I'm curious to see what it has to offer.

I wasn't expecting a manga titled Ultra Battle Satellite being a sports manga.

I wasn't impressed with Cyborg Roggy as I thought I would be. The artwork was good, nice paneling, pacing and refined. But nothing in the story grabbed me. Kagamigami third chapter was absolutely SUPERB. It tackled any misgivings I had about the second chapter and then some. This is truly a veteran mangaka. Black Clover I have a soft spot for. The pacing was unreal, I feel like Yuki threw out five or six chapters and gave us this as a second chapter. Clearly he has no intentions of doing a tournament or competition. I see Asta joining a Mage guild fairly quickly and the story progressing from there. Ultra Batlle Satelitte I have no expectations for but I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Well, Hero wasn't exciting after chapter 2 and here where it is right now.
    Different tastes, I guess. BnH had me right from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaranth Sparrow View Post
    Black Clover is frankly like a paint-by-numbers of how to make a successful shonen manga, which means that it'll probably appeal to a lot of people, but for me it just feels formulaic. I expect more discerning readers will find it unoriginal -- it is basically Naruto, with hints of other mainstream series thrown in. I feel like I can predict how the next chapter will play out, and how the first arc in general will go.
    I don't think it'll appeal to people too much. It's not even creatively formulaic.

I enjoyed Cyborg Roggy and hope it does well.
    It wasn't amazing or anything but I liked the characters and dialogue plus it was pretty funny imo.
    Hope it gets better and lasts and if not I'd like to see more from this mangaka in the future.
    Roggy is pretty based.

Quote Originally Posted by Piitan View Post
    Kubo staying faithful to his characters, I see.
    Kubo likes ramen.

you know who else likes ramen?

Hidden:

Shounen Jump Issue 14 Bottom 6:
    Hinomaru Zumou
    Gakkyuu Houtei
    Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kouen-mae Hashutsujo
    World Trigger
    Takujou no Ageha
    Isobe Isobee Monogatari

Shounen Jump Issue 15: