+ Reply to Thread
Page 530 of 844 FirstFirst ... 30 430 480 520 528 529 530 531 532 540 580 630 ... LastLast
Results 10,581 to 10,600 of 16871

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

  1. #10581

    Default Re: General Shueisha TOC and News

    I feel like Bleach is too high.

    I thought Toriko fans would rejoice that it's not in the bottom half.

    3DS Friend Code 1693-2056-2994

  2. #10582

    Default Re: General Shueisha TOC and News

    i hope this is the last time we see this with toriko

  3. #10583

    Default Re: General Shueisha TOC and News

    I really want to see this Cyborg Roggy.
    Hope it's good.

  4. #10584
    Shipmate Kaizou 10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Somewhere in Planet Earth

    Default Re: General Shueisha TOC and News

    Quote Originally Posted by springsring View Post
    I really want to see this Cyborg Roggy.
    Hope it's good.
    Here is the raw for first chapter of Kaizou Ningen Rogii: http://marumaru.in/b/origin/77225

  5. #10585

    Default Re: General Shueisha TOC and News

    The art is halfawy between Naruto and Gintama, Naruto styled faces, Sorachi's use of the colors.

    The MC has a Dioish vibe.

    Unless the 4th is something super popular, I think that this one is the keeper. Just by the art. I'll wait monday to understand it.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

  6. #10586

    Default Re: General Shueisha TOC and News

    I can't help but think that the guy is gay.

  7. #10587

    Default Re: General Shueisha TOC and News

    He didn't seem atracted to anybody..
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

  8. #10588

    Default Re: General Shueisha TOC and News

    Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    I can't help but think that the guy is gay.
    Nah, he's just eccentric. The original 2011 one-shot opens with Roggy sitting in a bathroom stall reading a gravure magazine.

    Incidentally, Shueisha uploaded the one-shot to their Jump+ website to help promote the series: http://plus.shonenjump.com/rensai_de...LUS00001017_57

  9. #10589
    Shipmate
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Lithuania, Visaginas>Vilnius

    Default Re: General Shueisha TOC and News

    Miki Yuu has improved his technique since the last one-shot. The story seems pretty simple, but Roggy is a character eccentic enough to carry a series on his own. I think I will be looking forward to what else this has to offer.

  10. #10590
    Discovered Stowaway spyda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Bahrain

    Default Re: General Shueisha TOC and News

    Roggy is fine, I'm more interested in the third chapter of Kagamigami & the second chapter of Black Clover
    Last week in Kagamigami nothing happened! Kyoske moved in with Mako, then they helped their landlady find her cat & that's it
    & last week in Black Clover the whole Naruto controversy happened

    I wanna see where will these 2 series go next
    Last edited by spyda; February 21st, 2015 at 12:14 PM.

  11. #10591
    Some Sorta Bumhead, Surely Maxy B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    East Sussex, United Kingdom

    Default Re: General Shueisha TOC and News

    I was really into Kagamigami's second chapter. Very nostalgic, to have the second chapter of a Jump manga just be a little nothing story (though it did totally set up some tone stuff that was missing in the first chapter).

    As for Black Clover.... I doubt it's ripping off Naruto, really, but considering that the author's last series was just a sub-par D.Gray-Man tribute it wouldn't surprise me


  12. #10592

    Default Re: General Shueisha TOC and News

    Quote Originally Posted by spyda View Post
    Roggy is fine, I'm more interested in the third chapter of Kagamigami & the second chapter of Black Clover
    Last week in Kagamigami nothing happened! Kyoske moved in with Mako, then they helped their landlady find her cat & that's it
    & last week in Black Clover the whole Naruto controversy happened

    I wanna see where will these 2 series go next
    Really, the fourth chapter is usually the big moment for a new series, since they submit the first three chapters before serialization starts. The fourth chapter is their first chance to make changes based on reader feedback. The second and third chapters are usually just exposition and foreshadowing.

  13. #10593

    Default Re: General Shueisha TOC and News

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxy B View Post
    I was really into Kagamigami's second chapter. Very nostalgic, to have the second chapter of a Jump manga just be a little nothing story (though it did totally set up some tone stuff that was missing in the first chapter).

    As for Black Clover.... I doubt it's ripping off Naruto, really, but considering that the author's last series was just a sub-par D.Gray-Man tribute it wouldn't surprise me
    My main gripe with the second chapter, is it didn't off any hits or tidbits on how the setting is different, like the first chapter. It didn't build on much. The story was alright, but I could see that pace struggling in today's Jump.

    Tabata Yuuki. I just love him as a shonen artist. And maybe it amounts to nothing more than personal taste, but his characters and designs just do it for me. And I know you rarely get a third chance in Jump after two flameouts so I'm hoping he succeeds here.

    Cyborg Roggy is also interesting. I'm saving reading for Jump on Monday, something I never thought I'd say since I abhor digital. But the glimpses I've seen of the oneshot and serialization look pretty compelling. Definitely a refined work and improvement shown.

    And Ultra Battle Satelitte is a complete wildcard. I know nothing of it other than it being described as Baki. What a serialization round!

  14. #10594
    Discovered Stowaway Bigivel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Portugal

    Default Re: General Shueisha TOC and News

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBuzzcocks View Post
    My main gripe with the second chapter, is it didn't off any hits or tidbits on how the setting is different, like the first chapter. It didn't build on much. The story was alright, but I could see that pace struggling in today's Jump.

    Tabata Yuuki. I just love him as a shonen artist. And maybe it amounts to nothing more than personal taste, but his characters and designs just do it for me. And I know you rarely get a third chance in Jump after two flameouts so I'm hoping he succeeds here.

    Cyborg Roggy is also interesting. I'm saving reading for Jump on Monday, something I never thought I'd say since I abhor digital. But the glimpses I've seen of the oneshot and serialization look pretty compelling. Definitely a refined work and improvement shown.

    And Ultra Battle Satelitte is a complete wildcard. I know nothing of it other than it being described as Baki. What a serialization round!
    Please, tell me how Boku no Hero Academia chapter 2 had a faster pace than Chapter 2 of Kagamigami!

    Boku no Hero Acadeima chapter 2 -> Preparation to be able to enter The hero School.
    Kagamigami chapter 2 -> Preparation for the 2nd wind of the lawyer office.

    Series that do Good in Jump don't have a fast pacing at the start(normally). You're probably confusing "arcs"/blocks of small content/events with pacing. What normally changes with time is the size of the events/arcs.

    A good example of a slow pacing doing good in Jump is Gakkyuu Houtei. It had the courage of not even ending the 1st trial in the 1st chapter and making the 2nd chapter totally dedicated to the end of that trial.

  15. #10595

    Default Re: General Shueisha TOC and News

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigivel View Post
    Please, tell me how Boku no Hero Academia chapter 2 had a faster pace than Chapter 2 of Kagamigami!

    Boku no Hero Acadeima chapter 2 -> Preparation to be able to enter The hero School.
    Kagamigami chapter 2 -> Preparation for the 2nd wind of the lawyer office.

    Series that do Good in Jump don't have a fast pacing at the start(normally). You're probably confusing "arcs"/blocks of small content/events with pacing. What normally changes with time is the size of the events/arcs.

    A good example of a slow pacing doing good in Jump is Gakkyuu Houtei. It had the courage of not even ending the 1st trial in the 1st chapter and making the 2nd chapter totally dedicated to the end of that trial.
    Your simplifying things too much. I don't want to dissect the two chapters for the next hour or so, but MHA added to its premise and worldbuilding. Kagamigami wasn't a bad chapter, but it wasn't great. Look I am a fan of all these series, just don't want to turn this into a three page dissection like mangahelpers. :)

  16. #10596
    Discovered Stowaway Bigivel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Portugal

    Default Re: General Shueisha TOC and News

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBuzzcocks View Post
    Your simplifying things too much. I don't want to dissect the two chapters for the next hour or so, but MHA added to its premise and worldbuilding. Kagamigami wasn't a bad chapter, but it wasn't great. Look I am a fan of all these series, just don't want to turn this into a three page dissection like mangahelpers. :)
    I'm not saying the chapter is great. Just that it doesn't has to do with pacing!

    Also note that Kamigami premise his, laywer office that investigates paranormal cases. Knowing more about her office and getting the kid and the fox working for her is adding to the premise and world building.
    In reality Boku no Hero Academia chapter 2 introduced a beach that is totally irrelevant to the story. And he trained to be able to get All Might power, something that really doesn't add much to the premise(Entering UA Hero School).

    Instead of talking about pacing and how Jump titles in the beginning need to have a fast pacing. Just say that some parts of the chapter felt slow, boring or even bad. Just that!

    Before talking about technicalities like pacing, premise and world building, what really matters is if the chapter was good and if it added interest of the reader in the story.
    Last edited by Bigivel; February 21st, 2015 at 03:57 PM.

  17. #10597

    Default Re: General Shueisha TOC and News

    Anyways, I just re read the first Kagamigami. I love the personality it showed. Hope it builds on its potential Definitely excited for chapter three and will support the volume release. What a serialization round, I know my heart will be broken at the end.


    Edit: it's interesting to note that Rookies and Hunter x Hunter came from the same batch. So it may take a miracle, but it has happened before and there may be hope. :)
    Last edited by TheBuzzcocks; February 22nd, 2015 at 02:31 PM.

  18. #10598
    Shipmate Kaizou 10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Somewhere in Planet Earth

    Default Re: General Shueisha TOC and News

    Rough Diamond Manga Gakkou ni Youkoso Volume 2


    Let's! Haikyuu!? Volume 1



    Nekota Biyori Volume 1


    Pochikuro Volume 1


    Monban Kaeru wa Shagamitai Volume 1


    Jingi Naki Yoshida-ke Volume 1


    Nabyrinth


    Killer Heaven


    World 4u_ Volume 1

  19. #10599

    Default Re: General Shueisha TOC and News

    Shonen Jump Issue 14 Preview:

    Last edited by Galaxy 9000; February 22nd, 2015 at 04:12 PM.

    One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord

  20. #10600
    Shipmate Kaizou 10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Somewhere in Planet Earth

    Default Re: General Shueisha TOC and News

    Young Jump Issue 13:
    Golden Kamuy (Lead CP)
    Tokyo Ghoul:re
    Kingdom
    Himouto! Umaru-chan
    Gunjou Senki
    Minamoto-kun Monogatari
    Bungo
    Usogui (CP)
    Youkai Shoujo
    Riku-dou
    Kako to Nise Tantei
    Junsui Electric (One Shot)
    Keppeki Danshi! Aoyama-kun (CP)

    Runin
    Shiratama-kun
    Gokukoku no Brynhildr
    Mogusa-san
    87 Clockers (CP)
    Purple Shikibu
    Boku Girl
    Sanmi Ittai (One Shot)
    Nijigen Jumpin'
    Shishunki Circus

    Terra Formars (Absent)




    Young Jump Issue 14:
    Lead CP: Gunjou Senki
    CP: Boku Girl, Stand by Me Nekokuemon (One Shot)


+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts