+ Reply to Thread
Page 528 of 844 FirstFirst ... 28 428 478 518 526 527 528 529 530 538 578 628 ... LastLast
Results 10,541 to 10,560 of 16871

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: General Shueisha TOC and News

Shounen Jump Issue 13:
    Kaizou Ningen Rogii (Cover, Lead CP, New Series)
    ?????
    ?????
    Black Clover (CP)
    Boku no Hero Academia
    Gintama
    ?????
    ?????
    ?????
    ?????
    ?????
    ?????
    World Trigger
    Nisekoi
    Toriko
    Bleach
    Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kouen-mae Hashutsujo
    Takujou no Ageha
    Isobe Isobee Monogatari

Shounen Jump Issue 14:
    Cover, Lead CP: Ultra Battle Satellite (New Series)
    CP: Bleach, Ansatsu Kyoushitsu, Kaizou Ningen Rogii

Damn, pretty low ranking for Toriko this week.

Usogui Volume 36

Terra Formars Volume 12

Gunjou Senki Volume 6

Hamatora the Comic Volume 3 (Final)

Shiratama-kun Volume 1

Golden Kamuy Volume 2

87 Clockers Volume 6

You know, reading BC again, I gotta wonder if this was literally just a first draft that got okay-ed because the editor literally didn't care enough to point out everything wrong with it.

The premise itself was alright, if generic, but it really feels like Tabata just drew up a rough name and the editor was like "lolyeah this is fine draw up the final version". Either that or Tabata was too rushed, stubborn, or lazy to change anything. Like, so much space was wasted and it was like he just had a laundry list of tropes that he haphazardly applied without even trying to think it through.

It's sad, really.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen View Post
    Sorry, I meant, the banter between the two lead characters is really bad.
    I would have favorited this reply if I had the ability.

What is the premise of Cyborg Roggy?

omg toriko 13 place why??? what chapter was that?

Quote Originally Posted by masterpeice View Post
    omg toriko 13 plac why??? what chapter was that?
    Maybe the one where "they were just poison dolls!"

Quote Originally Posted by Yobiyopi View Post
    Maybe the one where "they were just poison dolls!"
    if it was that then it makes sense cause i was dissapointed too XD

Quote Originally Posted by TheBuzzcocks View Post
    What is the premise of Cyborg Roggy?
    If the two one-shots are anything to go by, it's a battle manga set in a near future where humans augment their bodies with cybernetics. Roggy is like a fixer or whatever -- he takes dangerous jobs supplied to him by his information broker, but he's got the "heart of gold" quality where he helps people in need (leading to battles with criminal cyborg organizations).

IIRC, in the first one-shot from 2010 (published in WSJ in 2011), he was helping a little boy track down his sister who was kidnapped by some criminals that were using cybernetics to turn people into living weapons, leading to a showdown at their factory or lab or whatever it was. In the second (published in Jump VS in 2013), he was hired to transport a little girl with some sort of nanomachines in her blood that a bad guy was trying to obtain, and he ended up fighting him and his lackies while being chased across the rooftops of the city.

The art and character designs personally reminded me a bit of Kubo Tite's Zombie Powder, the series he did before Bleach. Clean and stylish with sparse backgrounds.

The mangaka was only 17 when he won the Treasure Award for the first Cyborg Roggy one-shot, and the Japanese editorial staff supposedly have high hopes for him, but have been holding off on giving him a full serialization until he graduated from college, so I'm excited to see how this one shapes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaranth Sparrow View Post
    If the two one-shots are anything to go by, it's a battle manga set in a near future where humans augment their bodies with cybernetics. Roggy is like a fixer or whatever -- he takes dangerous jobs supplied to him by his information broker, but he's got the "heart of gold" quality where he helps people in need (leading to battles with criminal cyborg organizations).

IIRC, in the first one-shot from 2010 (published in WSJ in 2011), he was helping a little boy track down his sister who was kidnapped by some criminals that were using cybernetics to turn people into living weapons, leading to a showdown at their factory or lab or whatever it was. In the second (published in Jump VS in 2013), he was hired to transport a little girl with some sort of nanomachines in her blood that a bad guy was trying to obtain, and he ended up fighting him and his lackies while being chased across the rooftops of the city.

The art and character designs personally reminded me a bit of Kubo Tite's Zombie Powder, the series he did before Bleach. Clean and stylish with sparse backgrounds.

The mangaka was only 17 when he won the Treasure Award for the first Cyborg Roggy one-shot, and the Japanese editorial staff supposedly have high hopes for him, but have been holding off on giving him a full serialization until he graduated from college, so I'm excited to see how this one shapes up.
    Thanks for that. So goodnight Kagamigami and Black Clover then.........

Cyborg Roggy sounds 10x more intersting then Kagamigami and Black Clover lol

At least we have an interesting serialization round. The two after MHA have been pretty boring. I just can't look at Jump the same way after they published Sporting Salt.

Indiscriminate Grappler Gokuyuske's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    @Black Clover
    Hungry Joker had decent art but otherwise pretty lame and not memorable.

But you know, we just saw Horikoshi hit it big with My Hero Academia, a huge improvement over his past two attempts as a mangaka.
    So I figured I figure I should give Tabata a chance.

..... meh

I hate to say this but even the first chapter of Hungry Joker was more interesting than this generic dud.
    The lead character is awful and dialog with his rival were even more awful.
    And other support characters were even more awful.
    Not to mention that the two leads are exactly the same as Naruto and Sasuke...except they like each other...so it's even less interesting. I actually did enjoy the art though. The Giant skull and the sword both looked pretty cool. But yeah the actual construction of the story and first chapter are just so brutally generic. Also reminded me of Mx0 with the anti-magic theme.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen View Post
    Cyborg Roggy is a lot of fun. The banter between the two lead characters is really funny. Hope you guys who are SJ subscribers enjoy that. (I'm doing the Jump Start)
    I really enjoy when you guys do Jump Start. It's great to read the first few chapters of a couple of new series.

Also, the boys are the reincarnations of the magic king and the demon dude.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

based on chapter 1 , does black clover look like it has any potential ? or is it just typical with nothing much going on

Quote Originally Posted by detectivekillua View Post
    based on chapter 1 , does black clover look like it has any potential ? or is it just typical with nothing much going on
    Cant tell with just this first chapter, really all it was was Naruto 2.0 with wizards instead of ninjas.

All of the ideas used in it were very generic.

It's like the author had a checklist of shonen tropes he needed to use, and didn't put much thought into it beyond that.

The manga itself has potential, but it's so poorly executed that it probably won't last long.

This Week's Jump Comic Sales:

02. Naruto #72 (186,887 / 1,061,007)
    07. Nisekoi #16 (75,584 / 271,707)
    15. Saiki Kusuo no Sainan #12 (29,445 / 88,270)
    20. One Piece #76 (25,185 / 2,921,583)
    45. Ansatsu Kyoushitsu #12 (15,879 / 723,236)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information