+ Reply to Thread
Page 511 of 844 FirstFirst ... 11 411 461 501 509 510 511 512 513 521 561 611 ... LastLast
Results 10,201 to 10,220 of 16862

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: General Shueisha TOC and News

It is announced that Akimoto Osamu (author of Kochikame) going to release an one shot, called Alley yo Juu wo Ute!, in Issue 4 of Grand Jump.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    General quality of publication
    Pretty good, especially since the image quality is better than anywhere else online.

Number of series published
    I'd like another series or two, if possible. Boku no Hero Academia especially.

Quality of translation
    Definitely better than scanlations, though I can think of a time or two when they missed something too. In general, they also have a good sense of when to take creative liberties.

(And this is a real nitpick, but even though many manga in Japan do the double exclamation point thing a lot, it just looks weird in English and not in a good way.)

Ease of readability
    Again, way better than scanlations when it comes to translations.

As for the pages themselves, I'd like a drop-down menu or somewhere to type what page I wanna go to without having to use the slidey thing if possible. It'd be nice if there was also a way to project a small preview image above the slidey thing when I'm dragging it too so I don't always have to guess and click around when I'm looking for a specific page in a chapter.

-

Unrelated, but is Saiki Kusuo still good? It seems to yoyo a lot in the rankings.
    Last edited by Cruithne; January 7th, 2015 at 10:44 AM.

Hello. I'm gathering opinions on Viz's Weekly Shonen JUMP to convey to Shueisha.

If you have any opinions regarding (but not limited to):

Quality of translation
    Ease of readability

And of course, if you have any suggestions to improve the magazine, I'll pass them along as well.

Thank you for your time!
    I think the quality is great. Good extra features like interviews, editor columns, one-shots. However, I came to notice that VIZ volumes have a noticeably better resolution on iBooks than on the VIZ manga app. Since ESJ isn't available on iBooks, the quality is of course not as good as volumes on iBooks. An upgrade in the resolution would be much appreciated. I would love to have another bonus other than Yu-Gi-Oh cards. Not all of us play the game, and sometimes it's hard to sell the cards.

Having more series is always a plus. Assassination Classroom is the number one series in my list that I want to join ESJ. It might be a better choice to cease the magazine style and just go with a Crunchyroll style route. That way, I'd imagine we would have more series from other Jump magazines like Real, Terraformars from Young Jump. Heck, maybe go as far as to say getting sequels of classic series from Grand Jump like Captain Tsubasa Rising Sun and Hell Teacher Nube Neo, but I'd imagine that will always be just a dream.

To me the quality of the translation is the best out there if I overlook some of the terms used in One Piece for consistency. Some more footnotes for explanations would be helpful in certain cases.

I've been beating the region block system using iTunes since the magazine began in 2012. I would definitely love to access it normally in my region. We don't have any manga distributing companies in the Middle East, so I don't see much of a problem in expanding to the region other than the worries that people won't subscribe. I know there is a huge anime and manga fan base here. A lot of people use illegal means, but there are many that import anime and manga from the U.S., so I know those would support it if given the option. Crunchyroll is available to us, so why not ESJ?

It's easy to access, easy to read. No problems there.

Hello. I'm gathering opinions on Viz's Weekly Shonen JUMP to convey to Shueisha.

Quality of translation
    Ease of readability

And of course, if you have any suggestions to improve the magazine, I'll pass them along as well.

Thank you for your time!
    From what I've seen, the amount of series published is quite small. And also, it's about time to make Jump available in more countries.

Quote Originally Posted by OneKey View Post
    From what I've seen, the amount of series published is quite small. And also, it's about time to make Jump available in more countries.
    The problem with releasing Jump Alpha in other countries is that Viz isn't the company with the licensing rights in most of them. The potential legal trouble they could encounter by opening to subscriptions to everyone is probably why they're not doing it (well- that and most countries don't have English as a first language).

And even if they could release all the unlicensed manga, it would still suck that they'd have to region-lock most of the favorites.

Quality of translation
    Ease of readability

Thank you for your time!
    I'm fine with the number of series we have compared to the cost of the subscription. More titles for the same cost or a slightly higher one would be welcomed.
    Jump Start was an awesome idea. I hope it continues. Maybe it could be extended to test "older" titles (MHA, Twin star exorcists...)
    The quality of the translation is great. Things like Zolo can't be changed if I understood it right, so there's no point complaining about that. Maybe more translation notes could be added from time to time (like when there are words that are written one way but could also be read another).
    Some titles have better typesetting than others but that's nitpicking.
    As for what could be improved: multiple bookmarks and a search function or filters (by title and chapter number). And maybe I missed something but I would like to be able to set the issues to be saved on the SD card instead of the internal memory.

This Week's Jump Comic Sales:

01. One Piece #76 (954,354 / 2,396,122)
    03. Haikyuu!! #14 (275,009 / 653,412)
    04. Ansatsu Kyoushitsu #12 (256,097 / 510,801)
    06. Kinnikuman #49 (88,183 / 88,964)
    28. Kuroko no Basket #30 (35,654 / 642,814)
    38. One Punch-man #7 (29,492 / 473,029)
    47. One Piece #75 (26,048 / 2,797,008)
    Last edited by Kaizou 10; January 7th, 2015 at 01:50 PM.

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

One Piece to rule them all.
    To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version.

Id like a pinky swear that for the kanzenban they'll name him Zoro.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

I just want them to fix and retitle the chapter "The Other Villain" back to "The Second Person" so that it goes back to talking about Nami and not random generic marine fodder. Out of all the things in the translation, that bothers me the most.

Yes, even more than Zolo, since we know why they had to do that (even though they had it right the first time in the original magazine editions)... that's just a pure translation mistake.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Some Sorta Bumhead, Surely Maxy B's Avatar

I've been loving their latest translations. Like E-Robot was insanely well-handled, with puns adapted super well. I mean the comic wasn't... amazing... but the craft Viz showed with their version was still super nice to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxy B View Post
    I've been loving their latest translations. Like E-Robot was insanely well-handled, with puns adapted super well. I mean the comic wasn't... amazing... but the craft Viz showed with their version was still super nice to see.
    And by not amazing, you mean complete and utter shit, correct?

Thank you for the input. Some changes are slow and some are not possible but some of your input, including bookmarks, mirror suggestions of my own.

If anyone else would like to contribute please check this post http://www.apforums.net/showthread.p...=1#post3390700

Thank you for the input. Some changes are slow and some are not possible but some of your input, including bookmarks, mirror suggestions of my own.

If anyone else would like to contribute please check this post http://www.apforums.net/showthread.p...=1#post3390700
    Thanks for listening and passing the messages on to shueisha. I always like to give input for stuff like this when I can. It's one of the reasons I always fill out the surveys, but more avenues to give feedback are always appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Aaronrules380 View Post
    And by not amazing, you mean complete and utter shit, correct?
    Nah mate, I don't do that whole hyperbolic shitting on things stuff. No joy in straight-out hating the stuff I'm reading, to say nothing of the fact that E-Robot *does* actually have some stuff going for it. Like I'd happily call myself conflicted on it, as to whether it's good or not, because it's this joyous thing, a stupid celebration of perversion and ecchi in comics, with no attempt to beat around the bush as to what it is. Gotta appreciate that.

But erotic doraemon has to be more fun for it to succed.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    But erotic doraemon has to be more fun for it to succed.
    indeed. E-Robot as it is just isn't enough for it to really have a decent life in Jump, where nothing can afford to be anything less than amazing if it wants to live. It'll probably just end up another short-lived comic to be remembered now and then by the people who liked it, if that.

For me is funny enough! And this by just looking at raws. While I will not be surprised if it doesn't do good in Weekly Shonen Jump, it will be mega sweet to see the people that talk exaggerated shit about it if ends up doing well.

Also, it not the same as Doraemon! What does an weaponized Robot has to do with a Robot that brings new stuff from is special pocket? You, @maxterdexter, must be confusing E-Robot with Sporting Salt, where the main characters brings a new gadget every chapter(though they didn't work).

Correct me if I'm wrong (I've only read like 2 chapters), but isn't Erobot more of an inverse Doraemon like Edison was (as in, they pull out a new invention/technique at the end of every chapter to solve a problem they're facing, while in Doraemon the problems are caused by the new invention in the first place)?

Quote Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong (I've only read like 2 chapters), but isn't Erobot more of an inverse Doraemon like Edison was (as in, they pull out a new invention/technique at the end of every chapter to solve a problem they're facing, while in Doraemon the problems are caused by the new invention in the first place)?
    Not really. Think of it more of like she is Luffy, but instead of The gomu no mi, she ate the Ero no mi. While in Doraemon and Edison each gadget is inherently distinct with each other, this ones are all connected, just like Luffy attacks are all connected with is Devil Fruit, you wouldn't call him a Rubber Doraemon would you?
    Though, she indeed shows a lot of new techniques/inventions each chapter, but also uses some previous ones. From 6 episodes is hard to talk, but you have some chapters where the finisher is a new technique and others where it isn't. For now majority of chapters the finisher is mainly a new one.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information