+ Reply to Thread
Page 510 of 844 FirstFirst ... 10 410 460 500 508 509 510 511 512 520 560 610 ... LastLast
Results 10,181 to 10,200 of 16867

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: General Shueisha TOC and News

Some of the latest arcs (mainly the comedic ones) felt flat, and reused plots that have been done to death.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

This Weeks shonen jump comes with a code for a character for the one piece treasure cruise mobile game..But I can't seem to find it.. Help please?
    We Live In An Age Where Men's Dreams Come True!!!!

I was always hoping Gintama would last until the end of time, given the nature of the series. It's really time to put it to rest.

3DS Friend Code 1693-2056-2994

Here's the link to the page screenshot : http://imgur.com/Y3qGYqk

Is that a HunterXHunter fighting game?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizou 10 View Post
    A message from Sorachi. It looks like Gintama going to enter the preparation for its climax.

http://40.media.tumblr.com/a106733b2...p7vzo1_500.jpg

http://kaguoki.co.vu/post/107219095576
    So are we talking about a soonish ending or about a Naruto/Bleach ending arc that last for a couple years?

We'll know when it starts. Gintama arcs usualy don't last more than 2 volumes, 3 if it overflows a bit.

It could (should) go into a few comedic arcs, mainly to bring clousure to some of the supporting cast, and then during one of those arcs, BAM suddenly serious.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Is that a HunterXHunter fighting game?
    yeah it is...but what I wanted help with was the one piece one that had the Strong world sanji.

Author comments for Issue 6-7.

Oddly, Kubo's line is cut off.

One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord

Everything Kubo does has to be 100% Kubo, even if it's not intentional. Feels like one of his awkward foot cliffhangers.

That being said, I'd like to watch The Act of Killing too. Cause he's talking about the Joshua Oppenheimer documentary, right?

Jump SQ. February Issue:
    To Love-Ru Darkness (Cover, Lead CP)
    Owari no Seraph
    Hanna Sensei Shigoto wo Shitekudasai! (CP)
    Chihaya-san wa Sonomama de Ii
    Gag Manga Biyori GB
    Hotel Helheim (CP)
    Kono Oto Tomare!
    Boku no Manga
    Shin Tennis no Oujisama
    Houkago no Oujisama
    Parman no Jounetsuteki na Hibi
    Eisouhei no Shuki (CP, SQ. Next Cup Entry #1)
    Gakumon!
    7th Garden
    Akuma no Tissue (One Shot)
    Ao no Exorcist
    Sousei no Onmyouji
    Nightmare Funk
    SQ. Next Gag Cup (4 Entries)
    Mu and I
    Shinai Naru Koroshiya-sama
    Tegami Bachi
    Embalming
    Iiyone! Yonezawa Sensei

Teiichi no Kuni (Absent)

Jump SQ. March Issue:
    Cover, Lead CP: Shin Tennis no Oujisama
    CP: 7th Garden, Salaryman Exorcist Okumura Yukio no Aishuu (Special Chapter), Hetalia World☆Stars (Special Chapter), Tomodachi Inai Doumei (One Shot by Nisio Isin (story) and Kindaichi Renjuurou (artwork)), Ema-chan to Boku (SQ. Next Cup Entry #2)

Didn't you said that Embalming was a mid-tier series?

Didn't you said that Embalming was a mid-tier series?
    Yeah, why? (16characters)

Its...Pretty Low.
    Or that TOC works differently?

Its...Pretty Low.
    Embalming (and Tegami Bachi) always being low on ToC.

Hello. I'm gathering opinions on Viz's Weekly Shonen JUMP to convey to Shueisha.

If you have any opinions regarding (but not limited to):

General quality of publication
    Number of series published
    Quality of translation
    Ease of readability

And of course, if you have any suggestions to improve the magazine, I'll pass them along as well.

Thank you for your time!

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy 9000 View Post
    Author comments for Issue 6-7.

http://puu.sh/e8MjB/87eef384dc.jpg

Oddly, Kubo's line is cut off.
    From the Japanese magazine, his full quote is:

Quote Originally Posted by Tite Kubo
    「凶悪」と「ACT OF KILLING」を立て続けに観て、良かったけど丸一日落ち込んだ 〈帯人〉
    "I watched The Devil's Path and Act of Killing back-to-back. They were great, but they left me feeling depressed for an entire day."

[Embalming]'s...Pretty Low.
    Not all series that sell decently in the collected volumes rank highly on the reader surveys. It's often an indication that the demographic buying the comics isn't the same as the one that reads the magazine. Or there was just a chapter or several that readers didn't like as much.

(Semi-related: judging by TOC placement, the worst-rated chapter of Dragon Ball was the one starting off Goku's training arc with the Turtle Sage. It was a moment of transition, but eight weeks later, a series that was now receiving ever-greater attention and popularity thanks to its shift in focus to martial arts was almost at the bottom of the table of contents for that week.)
    Last edited by SaiyaJedi; January 6th, 2015 at 07:20 PM.
    Co-Translator, Podcast Regular, and Man-in-Japan at Kanzenshuu, your authoritative Dragon Ball online resource

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyaJedi View Post

"I watched The Devil's Path and Act of Killing back-to-back. They were great, but they left me feeling depressed for an entire day."
    I really wanna comment something about this, but I don't know what.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Hello. I'm gathering opinions on Viz's Weekly Shonen JUMP to convey to Shueisha.

Quality of translation
    Ease of readability

And of course, if you have any suggestions to improve the magazine, I'll pass them along as well.

Thank you for your time!
    I'd love to know more of the past of the magazine. Maybe doing something like Jump Back, but with more obscure series. Start with something known like Dr. Slump or Saint Seiya.

Besides Ass Class, Hero Academy and Gintama, the english magazine already has my favorite series. (One Piece, Soma, Toriko... huh this gen isn't as interesting as when there were Medaka/Beelzebub/Bakuman/SketDance)

I'm currently ilegaly paying the subscription through amazon, because I couldn't subcribe trhough the app store. None of the countries that I've been in the last few years have legal publications.

The same with One Piece, I got it through Kindle because Amazon gave me more interesting purchase options.

I enjoy the translation, Stephen does an excelent work, but he makes the OPPodcast an obligated hearing, as he doesn't use translation notes, certain stuff need to be explained. Not that I don't enjoy the OPP, but maybe a section at the end with the notes, specialy with the other series that must have similar stuff, but I don't care enough to go and hear a podcast about them.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post

Quality of translation
    Ease of readability

Thank you for your time!
    I really enjoy the publication, but I'd love more series. In particular I really want to see Boku no Hero Academia and Assassination Classroom in, although in general I'd love to see more series that were skipped over initially but turned out to be popular in Japan to get a chance. Jump Start was a great idea, but I hope that if a series is passed over then, but seems to get much better later on that it isn't ruled out for english jump. Translation quality is generally pretty great, and it's definitely pretty easy to read. I'd also love to see more one shots in the magazine, though of course that's secondary to new series. If adding many new series is too inconvenient due to royalties, I think myself and many others would be happy to pay an extra fee to get an expansion with more series. One thing I would like, though I'm not sure how feasible it is, is some sort of search feature to find which issue has a certain chapter, since I've had a few times where I've wanted to revisit an old chapter to find information or check how something was said, and it's a huge pain to search for a specific chapter. Also yeah, an occasional translation note wouldn't hurt. Perhaps they could even add a column explaining the quirks of certain translations. I know they have the learn random Japanese word column already (Can't remember it's exact name), but I think a column talking to the translators about their choices would still be really cool and informative

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

I should add that if I had to choose one series for them to add, it'd be boku no hero academia. I feel like it was passed over due to unfortunate timing with the jump start as well as low expectations coming off the author's past works, and I feel it definitely think it deserves to be given a chance, especially since it's already proven fairly popular on western scanlation sites (and for all the issues these present to the publishers, I think scanlation sites can be a good way to gauge interest and that ignoring their existence doens't really help them)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information