+ Reply to Thread
Page 491 of 843 FirstFirst ... 391 441 481 489 490 491 492 493 501 541 591 ... LastLast
Results 9,801 to 9,820 of 16860

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: General Shueisha TOC and News

The volume jumped from 152th(I believe that was before the reprint) to 16th then to 12th and then to 6th.
    That is really cool, hoping for amazing sales again! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Bigivel View Post
    The volume jumped from 152th(I believe that was before the reprint) to 16th then to 12th and then to 6th.
    It is having higher increase than NnT (which is having an anime effect).

Spoiler TOC, is still not confirmed, but it seems to be real!

Jump #01 (01/12):
    Gakkyuu Houtei (Cover & Lead Color Page, New Series, 54 pg.)
    Boku no Hero Academia

Hinomaru Zumou

World Trigger
    PSI Kusuo Saiki
    Nisekoi
    Kochikame
    Juudouzu
    Hi-Fi Cluster
    Sporting Salt
    Hunter x Hunter (Absent)

#02:
    Cover & Lead CP: Nisekoi
    CP: Assassination Classroom, Gakkyuu Houtei
    Extra Pages: E-Robot (23 pg.)
    Man, WT is jumpy as ever. ^^;
    Glad to see BokuHero at first place! :D
    Looks like Horikoshi finally got a manga that will stay around for many years to come! :3

Quote Originally Posted by kouch_lee View Post
    It saddens me so much not being able to get past chapter 2 of Academia. I WANT to like it! I really do! But it puts me off in every single way conceivable.

A real shame.
    Awww, it's okay. Have heard from a couple other people that they somehow can't like Bokuhero either. Maybe in a couple months that might change you suddenly start to like it. LIke it getting an anime in a year or two and it being so good that you can marathon the whole manga and like doing so. :)
    And honestly, while I like BokuHero very much and can see why it is so good for many readers and am happy for Horikoshi's success, it is not one of my favorites. But it is a good manga I enjoy to read.^^

Dayum! That's awesome! The sales must be HUGE then! BokuHero volume 1 wasn't seen last week's oricon due the reprint but if it got that high then it surely must have sold a lot of volumes in this week. 8D

I don't see how someone wouldn't like deku after the trainin, he's got a dream then the montage, he works himself to death to get to the starting point. He wants this.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

It seems that the anime is starting to have some effect on WT sales. As with the manga, it began when it reached the Miwa fight.
    Nothing big so far (all the volumes just climbed back to around 150th on the daily ranking) but it's a start. I'm kinda confident that the effect will continue and become bigger with the following arcs.

Ultra Jump December Issue Color Pages:
    Q

Gingitsune

Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    Why is it a shame to not like something ?
    Because I like Horikoshi (well, I liked Oumagadoki), he's a good artist, tons of people are enjoying it, Gliblord is translating it, it seems he FINALLY is enjoying success after flopping hard two times. . .and I can't enjoy it.

I do find it a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by James Rye View Post

Awww, it's okay. Have heard from a couple other people that they somehow can't like Bokuhero either. Maybe in a couple months that might change you suddenly start to like it. LIke it getting an anime in a year or two and it being so good that you can marathon the whole manga and like doing so. :)
    And honestly, while I like BokuHero very much and can see why it is so good for many readers and am happy for Horikoshi's success, it is not one of my favorites. But it is a good manga I enjoy to read.^^
    I don't know, everything seems off to me. Maybe it's the appeal of the manga? The designs are not goofy or quirky, they are hideous, the body and facial language is wrong and off-puting. . .I don't know. It also seems like a mess overall, and it seems to tread all the common places.

Again, hell, can't get past the second chapter, gonna man up and try to do it, but so far I feel absolutely nothing for anyone, specially the main character.

Because I like Horikoshi (well, I liked Oumagadoki), he's a good artist, tons of people are enjoying it, Gliblord is translating it, it seems he FINALLY is enjoying success after flopping hard two times. . .and I can't enjoy it.

I do find it a shame.

I don't know, everything seems off to me. Maybe it's the appeal of the manga? The designs are not goofy or quirky, they are hideous, the body and facial language is wrong and off-puting. . .I don't know. It also seems like a mess overall, and it seems to tread all the common places.

Again, hell, can't get past the second chapter, gonna man up and try to do it, but so far I feel absolutely nothing for anyone, specially the main character.
    It pretty much takes off after the initial chapters

The next chapters wont be better if he didn’t like the first two in my opinion.
    And i don’t see how the art is that different from his previous titles. Especially compared with Crazy Zoo.

Idk I felt similarly in the first few chapters too, but I feel like it's coming into its groove pretty well

Some Sorta Bumhead, Surely Maxy B's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    The next chapters wont be better if he didn’t like the first two in my opinion.
    And i don’t see how the art is that different from his previous titles. Especially compared with Crazy Zoo.
    It's infinitely better designed. Both Zoo and Barrage had ridiculously over-designed characters. The lines are also a little more... consistent? It reads better, with much stronger conveyance.

I also found BnHA's art to be quite ...'jarring' for the first few chapters,(that moment with him wishing his mother encouraged him was pretty odd looking and the way he cried iirc) but it does go away afterwards. Just wait until he's in school, and some of the crazy exaggerated stuff goes away. Once he's in school, the students are pretty "normal" looking.

Q's cover is so...80s.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxy B View Post
    It's infinitely better designed. Both Zoo and Barrage had ridiculously over-designed characters. The lines are also a little more... consistent? It reads better, with much stronger conveyance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordinary View Post
    I also found BnHA's art to be quite ...'jarring' for the first few chapters,(that moment with him wishing his mother encouraged him was pretty odd looking and the way he cried iirc) but it does go away afterwards. Just wait until he's in school, and some of the crazy exaggerated stuff goes away. Once he's in school, the students are pretty "normal" looking.
    But it's not just the exaggerated designs that put me off. Zoo had some of my favorite designs (Orca Mafia Guy and Whale Asshole Guy are IMPRESSIVE no matter how you look at them), and as exceedingly vanilla and uninspired as Barrage was, the designs were mostly good. Oda also goes for the overblown designs plenty of times, and I find myself liking those designs most of the time, so it must be something else.

That superman guy. . .in both of his forms (super-hero and normal), is the most hideous thing I've seen in a comic book in a long time. Again, that might be the point. . .but it's freaking atrocious looking. That's not a face, that's like. . .two or three tumors put togheter.

As for the facial expresions and the like. . .Again, Oda also does the super crying faces plenty of times, but Hero's main character doing the crying face just makes me want to punch him repeatedly in the face.

I think All Might was meant to be an caricature of the way Classic Superheros were drawn.

But I really do understand how it can grate on you.

Or at least, I don't like the certain kind of "hatching" used on All Might.

You can try! Go for 5 chapters!

Here is my comment about the first chapter of E-Robot. It was much easier to read as compared to the one shot, but the downside is that it decreased it's perverted-ness. I, personally, liked the straight ecchi and pervert stuff in the one shot, so that was disappointment.

For Takujou no Ageha, nothing really happened in the second chapter, so I think the author should move on the story immediately, like Ageha makes ping-pong club in school or introduce another one of 13 disciples.

Some Sorta Bumhead, Surely Maxy B's Avatar

But it's not just the exaggerated designs that put me off. Zoo had some of my favorite designs (Orca Mafia Guy and Whale Asshole Guy are IMPRESSIVE no matter how you look at them), and as exceedingly vanilla and uninspired as Barrage was, the designs were mostly good.
    See... Zoo had way more exaggerated designs, and there's so much wrong with Barrage's designs that it beggars belief, so I'm not sure how something, like, intrinsically tamer in its design philosophy could bother you more than what's came before.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not evangelising, or trying to get you to read it at all. It's just... It seems a weird tack to take, considering the frankly abortive designs from his previous two series. But then this is where subjectivity comes in, innit. what works for one might not work for another, et cetera et cetera.

This Week's Jump Comic Sales:

14. Naruto #71 (55,300 / 816,770)
    34. Toriko #32 (24,328 / 257,990)
    36. Shokugeki no Souma #10 (24,118 / 276,493)

Weekly Shonen Jump #01/2015 cover LQ.

Completed Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

Issue 2015-1
    Gakkyuu Houtei (Lead CP/Cover)
    Boku no Hero Academia
    One Piece
    E-Robot (Center color/25p)
    Haikyuu
    Ansatsu Kyoushitsu
    Hinomaru Zumou
    Shokugeki no Soma
    Takujou no Ageha (23p)
    Bleach (Center Color)
    Toriko
    Gintama
    Isobe
    World Trigger
    Saiki Kusuo no PSInan
    Nisekoi
    Kochikame
    Judos
    Hi-Fi Cluster
    Sporting Salt

Issue 2015-2
    Lead CP/Cover Nisekoi
    Center Color Ansatsu Kyoushitsu, Gakkyu Houtei (25p), Momeru Hito (oneshot)
    Extra pages E-Robot (23p)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information