+ Reply to Thread
Page 490 of 844 FirstFirst ... 390 440 480 488 489 490 491 492 500 540 590 ... LastLast
Results 9,781 to 9,800 of 16862

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Some Sorta Bumhead, Surely Maxy B's Avatar

Default Re: General Shueisha TOC and News

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizou 10 View Post
    Not really. Even after the two successes in a row (Hikaru no Go and Death Note), Obata experienced cancellation on Ral Grad (series serialized after DN). Furthermore, other popular authors, like Watsuki, Fujisaki, and Kawashita, experienced got axed after their major success. So, even though they are well-known author, if their next serialization isn't good, then the readers will not vote for it.
    i'm pretty sure they mean votes in the jump start initiative, not generally within WSJ

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    It's unfair to face these rookies with Obata.. But then again, EWSJ might just have room for one more series.
    How is it unfair? The only thing Obata might be better than others is drawing skills since he isn't an author but an illustrator. Just because he's drawing a manga doesn't make said manga good, it depends on the author who is writing the manga.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawhat Chan View Post
    How is it unfair? The only thing Obata might be better than others is drawing skills since he isn't an author but an illustrator. Just because he's drawing a manga doesn't make said manga good, it depends on the author who is writing the manga.
    You are seriously underestimating the power of both art and fame.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by Strawhat Chan View Post
    western comics readers tend to be pretty... uh... fannish? Like militantly so. If there's a name they recognise from a beloved work they've experienced then they're all over that shit, blind as can be.

Not to say anything about this new comic itself, just a pretty blatant observation on how it'll go down with Int'l Jump

Besides, it's against a ping pong manga (while it's kind of funny, that alone can't carry the series) and moe bait (that migth get popular, but I doubt that western audiences would enjoy it openly)
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizou 10 View Post
    Not really. Even after the two successes in a row (Hikaru no Go and Death Note), Obata experienced cancellation on Ral Grad (series serialized after DN). Furthermore, other popular authors, like Watsuki, Fujisaki, and Kawashita, experienced got axed after their major success. So, even though they are well-known author, if their next serialization isn't good, then the readers will not vote for it.
    W're talking about ESJ here. Readers get to vote on which Jump Start series they want to stay. Do you have any idea how a lot of people react to Obata? Some people are already saying it's going to be a good series just because of Obata. Many will vote for it to stay in ESJ because of Obata, even if it doesn't do well in Japan.

And Viz had a huge promotion of Obata's works leading up to NYCC where they had a special panel just for him.

Yeah, that probably helps

Quote Originally Posted by EA575 View Post
    Robby judges series based on yaoi bait?
    Er... what?

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    Robby doesn't mod this thread.
    Nope. It doesn't really need modding. I skim it pretty regularly though.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

E-Robot was what I expected, which isn't good. I don't see that one surviving. At least not in WSJ.
    Ageha is slightly above average. I'll wait to see a match against one of the 13 before making a definitive judgment.
    Obata's mystery manga is coming next. Since it's the one that will most likely stays in the ESJ, I hope the writer makes an interesting story worth the hype the mangaka will get thanks to his partner's fame.
    I hope that like last time, we will get a surprise 4th title. Maybe a title from Jump+ or maybe they could use this campaign to test MHA.

I almost feel bad for E-Robot; it has no chance in ESJ with series like Ageha and Obata's new work. It might have a chance in Japan, and I'm sure a scanlation group will pick this up.

If they aren't going to keep the girl from the ping pong manga be a total bitch, then I'm not that interested, the humor curve went waaaay down this week.

Hi Fi cluster predictable plottwist was predictable.

Getting to the right mindset to read E-Robot.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Given the mixed reception so far in the comments at ESJ, I feel like E-Robot's concept makes it practically dead in the water on our side in just about any round. Don't even have to take into account Obata's name value here, although that just makes the difference even more stark.

Spoiler TOC, is still not confirmed, but it seems to be real!

Jump #01 (01/12):
    Gakkyuu Houtei (Cover & Lead Color Page, New Series, 54 pg.)
    Boku no Hero Academia

Hinomaru Zumou

World Trigger
    PSI Kusuo Saiki
    Nisekoi
    Kochikame
    Juudouzu
    Hi-Fi Cluster
    Sporting Salt
    Hunter x Hunter (Absent)

#02:
    Cover & Lead CP: Nisekoi
    CP: Assassination Classroom, Gakkyuu Houtei
    Extra Pages: E-Robot (23 pg.)

It saddens me so much not being able to get past chapter 2 of Academia. I WANT to like it! I really do! But it puts me off in every single way conceivable.

A real shame.

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

No bleach at the bottom? Has to be fake, lol

Wait, it has a color page this week doesn't it?^^

Quote Originally Posted by kouch_lee View Post
    It saddens me so much not being able to get past chapter 2 of Academia. I WANT to like it! I really do! But it puts me off in every single way conceivable.

A real shame.
    Why is it a shame to not like something ?

Quote Originally Posted by MajinArekkusu View Post
    No bleach at the bottom? Has to be fake, lol

Wait, it has a color page this week doesn't it?^^
    Yep, Bleach has a Color page!

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

Well, let's see how colorful it will actually be.

Based on looking at Shoseki Ranking, it looks like the volume 1 of Boku no Hera Academia is having similar phenomenon as the volume 1 of Ansatsu Kyoushitsu.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information