+ Reply to Thread
Page 489 of 844 FirstFirst ... 389 439 479 487 488 489 490 491 499 539 589 ... LastLast
Results 9,761 to 9,780 of 16862

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Some Sorta Bumhead, Surely Maxy B's Avatar

Default Re: General Shueisha TOC and News

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    Aren't we usualy like that?
    yeah but we talk a lot less, so it's easier to just go "oh, they're speculating, I'll not have to respond to this for like a whole week or something"

Quote Originally Posted by Maxy B View Post
    Yes and no. Like Mangahelpers has a lot of good people in, and there's a good handful who are reasonable, but a lot have left over time, especially where the jump thread is involved, because it was just the same shite every day. Mindless speculating, people giving vague, absolute statements that certain series must succeed or fail because they like or dislike them, a mod whose only judgement of value in a series being whether they can make yaoi bait out of it (not that there's anything wrong with that BUT). It's all just a bit... dissatisfying if you're there for too long.

But then I'm back there for a bit at the moment, so clearly I'm an idiot (originally I left after I got banned for calling pirates arseholes, so what can ya do, I guess)
    Thank you for your valued reply. I can see the angle you are coming from and I totally understand, perhaps even relate to some of the issues you mentioned. I hope you enjoy your second stay there and good luck to you wherever you are.

Absolute Hotness... Arara, I Mean Justice

Well, of course it's all speculation, the rise and fall of the series, the newbies that we like and dont like, how series and authors can build worlds and emotions, and how Gintama's last week even triumphed One Piece in a emotional moment.

You have to belive in your predictions, but you don't have to be an asshole about it, unless people are saying flatout impossible things like "Boring series liek One Piece and Kochikame should end" or "I see tons of future in Hi-Fi cluster, they introduced the final vilian already! I think that is a good sign!" and keep defending that position after evidence to the contrary.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

This year in covers:

New series that are no more: 7 (Iron Knight, Ilegal Rare, iShoujo, Stealth Symphony, Tokyo Wonder Boys, Mitsubkubi Condor, Yoakemono)
    Series that ended:
    Naruto: 3
    Kuroko's Basket: 3

New series that have had only their first cover yet: 6 (Hero Academy, Judos, Hi-Fi Cluster, Sporting Salt, Ping Pong, E-Robot)
    Honomaru Zumo: 2
    Hayuku: 1
    Isobee Isobee: 0
    Hunter x Hunter: lol
    Psy something something: 1
    Nisekoi: 1
    World Trigger: 3
    Kochikame: 1
    Bleach: 1
    Gintama: 2
    Toriko: 2
    Soma: 2
    Ass Class: 4
    One Piece: 2
    Group Covers: 7
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Hunter x Hunter: lol -hehehehe. XD

I think Sporting Salt and Hi-fi Cluster are pretty much finished when the next axe discussion comes up. Judos might live for a little longer but Idunno, guess it depends on how the new series will far how far it will get. Not surewhat to think of Ping Pong and E-robot, have read the first one but not the second one.^^

Wt sure had a lot of covers though that makes sense given it had an anime annoucenment and all that stuff this year. SnK will surely get 3 or 4 covers next year as well when its anime comes up, can't wait for that one to hit the internet! :D

Quote Originally Posted by MarquesaIV View Post
    Forgive me for asking, but is there some sort of bad stigma involving MangaHelpers? If you can elaborate more, It would be much appreciated.
    i quit because one moderator was an asshole abused his power and the other mods back him up which made it a very unpleasant forum. ask Kaizou10 or Razh who were among his victims

This thread is better than an entire forum.
    Bless APForums.

Robby doesn't mod this thread.
    I was under the impression you guys were talking about the thread over at mangahelpers and compared it to this forums as opposed to just this thread.

This year in covers:

New series that are no more: 7 (Iron Knight, Ilegal Rare, iShoujo, Stealth Symphony, Tokyo Wonder Boys, Mitsubkubi Condor, Yoakemono)
    Series that ended:
    Naruto: 3
    Kuroko's Basket: 3

New series that have had only their first cover yet: 6 (Hero Academy, Judos, Hi-Fi Cluster, Sporting Salt, Ping Pong, E-Robot)
    Honomaru Zumo: 2
    Hayuku: 1
    Isobee Isobee: 0
    Hunter x Hunter: lol
    Psy something something: 1
    Nisekoi: 1
    World Trigger: 3
    Kochikame: 1
    Bleach: 1
    Gintama: 2
    Toriko: 2
    Soma: 2
    Ass Class: 4
    One Piece: 2
    Group Covers: 7
    Thank you for this information max.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    i quit because one moderator was an asshole abused his power and the other mods back him up which made it a very unpleasant forum. ask Kaizou10 or Razh who were among his victims
    I am very sorry that you had to go through that and I wish you all the best in this forum and in your life.

Quote Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
    SnK will surely get 3 or 4 covers next year as well when its anime comes up, can't wait for that one to hit the internet! :D
    It is SnS, not SnK.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxy B View Post
    a mod whose only judgement of value in a series being whether they can make yaoi bait out of it (not that there's anything wrong with that BUT). It's all just a bit... dissatisfying if you're there for too long.
    Wait, Sharkbait's a mod there?... oh, he is. Huh, I'm surprised. His posts are so obviously biased that a good chunk of the time I think that he's putting up an act.

Some Sorta Bumhead, Surely Maxy B's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhere View Post
    Wait, Sharkbait's a mod there?... oh, he is. Huh, I'm surprised. His posts are so obviously biased that a good chunk of the time I think that he's putting up an act.
    I do wonder too. Though don't get me wrong, SB isn't terrible, he seems a more than okay guy, just.... with very narrow interests, and the sort of sureness of opinion that comes to so many comic fans.

Anyway, E-Robot's first chapter is out tomorrow, and despite how much the one-shot didn't work for me, early reception hints that it's actually pretty good, so that'll be nice. It won't win the Jump Start against Obata, almost by default, but three chapters of weird ecchi'll do nicely

It's unfair to face these rookies with Obata.. But then again, EWSJ might just have room for one more series.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

It's unfair to face these rookies with Obata.. But then again, EWSJ might just have room for one more series.
    Even ESJ has room, if it didn't do well in Japan, then there is pretty no meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizou 10 View Post
    Even ESJ has room, if it didn't do well in Japan, then there is pretty no meaning.
    It's unfair because a lot of people will vote for the Obata series just because it's an Obata series. If that happens (which I think it will) then the other two might not continue in ESJ. If the Obata series gets cancelled and another series from this round turns out to be successful and continues in Japan we won't be getting it in ESJ, because most people voted for the Obata series. Anyways, we won't know until all 3 chapters of these 3 series are published.

Quote Originally Posted by hoho View Post
    It's unfair because a lot of people will vote for the Obata series just because it's an Obata series.
    Not really. Even after the two successes in a row (Hikaru no Go and Death Note), Obata experienced cancellation on Ral Grad (series serialized after DN). Furthermore, other popular authors, like Watsuki, Fujisaki, and Kawashita, experienced got axed after their major success. So, even though they are well-known author, if their next serialization isn't good, then the readers will not vote for it.
    Last edited by Kaizou 10; November 23rd, 2014 at 10:23 PM.

Why didn't EWSJ bring over Boku no Hero? I haven't read it yet, but is it too "Japanese", or risque for Western audiences? Or did EWSJ just skip it in the JumpStart?

3DS: 1993-7490-6080 NNID: Mickamott PSN: Mickamott

Quote Originally Posted by Mickamott View Post
    Why didn't EWSJ bring over Boku no Hero? I haven't read it yet, but is it too "Japanese", or risque for Western audiences? Or did EWSJ just skip it in the JumpStart?
    Sometime, they tend to serialized later for some popular series, like Souma got serialize like almost 2 years after its serialization. But, ESJ will serialize BnHA in future since they are serializing One Punch-man (same genre as BnHA).

The jump start initiative just started the batch after My hero academia round.

Based on looking at past series from ESJ, I think they tend to serialize the axed serialize like almost immediately and they take time for confirmed popular series. So, if the new series begin to serialize in ESJ within few weeks from now on, then I think that is indication that series will be axed in future.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhere View Post
    Yes, I first encountered him at NeoGaf where he goes by the alias "dedication through light" and where lots of people have assumed he is just trolling. Although, I think most of the people who left MangaHelpers did so because of Kaiten who is no longer a mod there.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information