+ Reply to Thread
Page 480 of 843 FirstFirst ... 380 430 470 478 479 480 481 482 490 530 580 ... LastLast
Results 9,581 to 9,600 of 16860

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: General Shueisha TOC and News

I also like the number of characters in World Trigger. I have issues remembering their names, but I like that the series has the numbers to pull off macro strategy of higher level than what we usually get from battle series. Of course, I also like that the author does actually utilize said characters in strategies.

of the Animator Pirates Jirogomi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stephen View Post
    According to the official twitter acct, Hero Academia is selling like crazy (basically sold out, they have already ordered another printing)

so it looks like fortune is finally shining on Horikoshi
    Has there been any official announcement for an English translation?

It is announced that Ore Monogatari!! (series from Bessatsu Margaret) going to get an anime.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...v-anime/.80778

I'm kind of surprised this wasn't animated yet. This is good to hear.

It looks like Shueisha is pushing lots of their series for the next year.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Young Jump Issue 48 Color Pages:
    Minamoto-kun Monogatari

Amano-ke Yotsuko wa Zenin Ketsueki-gata ga Chigau! (One Shot)

Real

Please, who is the author of the oneshot Amano-ke Yotsuko wa Zenin Ketsueki-gata ga Chigau!?

Quote Originally Posted by Ukimix View Post
    Please, who is the author of the oneshot Amano-ke Yotsuko wa Zenin Ketsueki-gata ga Chigau!?
    Sora Egumi (author of Nipongo)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizou 10 View Post
    Sora Egumi (author of Nipongo)
    Thanks!............

Quote Originally Posted by MajinArekkusu View Post
    Hmm, you would think they would give naruto the entire jump cover again, considering it is the end of the series. Also 50th issue, 700th chapter.
    no other manga got last chapter full color(to the best of my knowledge)..so it is not a bad bargain..
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

Shipmate

At least Dragonball, Slam Dunk and Ring ni Kakero had the same treatment for their ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblade View Post
    At least Dragonball, Slam Dunk and Ring ni Kakero had the same treatment for their ending.
    only Slam Dunk got cover by current standard..
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

Shipmate

Slam Dunk had the magazine cover and all colour ending chapter.

Dragonball and Ring ni Kakero didn't get the cover, but both had all colour ending chapters.

There were probably more manga to get the same treatment, however the early magazine archives aren't that easy to check.

Some Sorta Bumhead, Surely Maxy B's Avatar

I'm pretty sure it didn't really happen in the old, old days. Big hits like Shameless School and Wilderness Boy Isam didn't get anything, and they were two of the three or so big hits of the early period. It's probably best to look into the 80s onwards for instances of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblade View Post
    Slam Dunk had the magazine cover and all colour ending chapter.

Dragonball and Ring ni Kakero didn't get the cover, but both had all colour ending chapters.

There were probably more manga to get the same treatment, however the early magazine archives aren't that easy to check.
    Can't remember seeing Slam Dunk and Dragonball having last chapter full color..i only read online version though...

Two previews for upcoming Ansatsu Kyoushitsu animation:

It seems really good, have really high hopes for this one.

Serious question, do you think Jump will take a huge hit now that Naruto is over? Should they be in panic mode?

Quote Originally Posted by All Fiction View Post
    Serious question, do you think Jump will take a huge hit now that Naruto is over? Should they be in panic mode?
    It depends on whether Jump going to find a successor of Naruto or not. At current stage, I think it going to have impact on Jump's current popularity.

Yes, obviously it'll affect them some, but... Ass Class and Shokugeki No Soma are both pretty huge hits that have stayed high in the rankings since they premiered, that sell millions of copies of the tanks, (and AssClass is about to get an anime so it'll be even bigger) and Toriko is a standard middle runner. And OP is obviously still running.

They're fine. Naruto leaving just means the ranking are going to jumble a little and there's finally more room for new series to take root and succeed, a tiny bit more leeway with that extra spot opened up.

They weren't affected at all when Bleach plummeted in rankings and lost its anime. Or when HxH goes on its constant hiatuses.

What's going to be interesting is what happens when that dayfinally comes in 10-15 years and OP actually ends. That's going to shake up entire economies.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

No!
    And No!

The hit in the magazine will not be Huge in any way; Significant? Maybe, maybe not. I bet that it will not even be significant at all.
    More than one title, the magazine should care more for the overall quality of their list of titles. They have 15 stable titles and 5 irregulars(new titles and failing titles). The overall feel of the Magazine is the most important thing, not one big title they have in it. The problem is when people that buy the magazine regularly starts to think that keep buying it isn't worth anymore. That responsibility in a huge degree is not due to just one title(Some may argue that One Piece is the exception, but even that is debatable).

Panic mode? WOW, only a paranoid person or institution would be in panic mode because of this. The popularity of a Magazine roads mainly in 3 things: The perceived quality of current running titles, the current visibility of the magazine(From anime, games, TV shows, commercials and other places where the magazine property appears) and reputation.
    In terms of overall quality Weekly Shonen Jump is still the best! They just lost 1 title from the 15 other Amazing they already have and they still have 2 newbies with Amazing potential.
    In terms of visibility, no other magazine compares to it either. Added to the fact that Naruto will still bring Games, Anime(probably) and Merchandise they are save for a really good time.
    In terms reputation, no other magazine has such a reputation as Weekly Shonen Jump. The number of Epic franchises they brought to light, the more than 30 years being the indisputable #1 manga magazine, ...
    One time the Magazine lost a ton of amazing titles in such a short amount of time, 5 years to be precise, between 1993 and 1997: Dragon Ball, Slam Dunk, Yu Yu Hakusho, Dragon Quest, Rokuenashi Blues, Tottemo! Luckyman, Sexy Commando Gaiden, captain Tsubasa: World Youth, Keiji, Ninku, jungle king Tar-chan. Not only that but the Manga Magazine Market started declining, making the circulation going from +6.5 Million copies per week to +4 Million copies per week. They even lost their number 1 position at the time; but, even in that situation there was no panic mode. The magazine was still the #2, really really close to the new #1(at that times the biggest difference in circulation was 0.5 Million copies per week) and selling really well.
    They probably only go to panic mode when there is no new good titles in a long time and when majority of their current titles start to gravely decline, like what happened with Bleach; Recently only 2010 was an horrible year, with no good new series. 2011 also wasn't nothing special with only Nisekoi. I guess that during the span of those 2 years the people of the magazine was uneasy.

Instead of being preoccupied of loosing Naruto they should, and seem to be, more preoccupied with the digital format. For a long time they were loosing a big share of this new market. I hope they are really successful with Jump+, it really seems a great platform.
    Last edited by Bigivel; November 9th, 2014 at 03:10 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information