+ Reply to Thread
Page 479 of 844 FirstFirst ... 379 429 469 477 478 479 480 481 489 529 579 ... LastLast
Results 9,561 to 9,580 of 16874

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: General Shueisha TOC and News

Quote Originally Posted by stephen View Post
    According to the official twitter acct, Hero Academia is selling like crazy (basically sold out, they have already ordered another printing)

so it looks like fortune is finally shining on Horikoshi
    That's pretty amazing. Nice to see the series doing so well so soon.

Do you know what the first print run was?

One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord

Since they need to do another printing, I'm guessing the first week results will probably give a pretty accurate picture of how many copies the first run was.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen View Post
    According to the official twitter acct, Hero Academia is selling like crazy (basically sold out, they have already ordered another printing)

so it looks like fortune is finally shining on Horikoshi
    So I guess it gets better than the extremely bland and by-the-book first chapter?

(Even the art was kind of a mess and all over the place, which I know sounds criminal considering it's freaking Horikoshi. . .)

Some Sorta Bumhead, Surely Maxy B's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kouch_lee View Post
    (Even the art was kind of a mess and all over the place, which I know sounds criminal considering it's freaking Horikoshi. . .)
    But... that... that *is* Horikoshi. His art is messy and all over the place.

But yes, it gets way better than that first chapter.

I usually give myself a six-month rule before i decide to buy a volume. I'm going to get boku no hero academia as soon as it's available.
    Here’s how Naruto should end: Last panel is Naruto standing proudly over Konohagakure. Slowly zoom out to reveal Luffy staring into a snowglobe with a miniature Konoha inside it. Usopp asks him what he’s doing. Luffy replies “Thinkin’ bout ninjas! Ninjas are cool!” and then chucks it off the ship

Weekly Shonen Jump #50/2014 cover.

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

Hmm, you would think they would give naruto the entire jump cover again, considering it is the end of the series. Also 50th issue, 700th chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by MajinArekkusu View Post
    Hmm, you would think they would give naruto the entire jump cover again, considering it is the end of the series. Also 50th issue, 700th chapter.
    They never give cover to the end of a series. Naruto already has a big picture in the cover, plus 2 chapters and 1 of them is totally in color.

Maybe the only title that will get a cover for its ending chapter is One Piece. Being number 1 title of the magazine for 17 entire years and it still has a lot more to go.

Still kinda dumb. Such big things should get the most attention in these magazines. That is how the world works.^^

They don't. Go back and search for endings, both successfull and failures, get little fanfare.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Some Sorta Bumhead, Surely Maxy B's Avatar

It would be pointless, to fully promote a series that'll only be around that one week, really. But you do get things like Naruto, or Reborn!, where they get cover treatment just before, and are celebrated for their achievements.

All I'm saying is it makes more sense to celebrate with the last issue instead doing it one earlier, but who cares naruto is dead. At least till the mini series.^^

Quote Originally Posted by Bigivel View Post
    They never give cover to the end of a series.
    No, Jump did give cover to the end of a series before.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizou 10 View Post
    No, Jump did give cover to the end of a series before.
    What was that series?

Wasn't Slam Dunk the only one?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigivel View Post
    What was that series?
    I did saw in one site which showed the list of which series got cover and color page (either lead or normal) on the last chapter. But, that site is gone and I don't remember which series there were. But, I remember there were couple (not many).

i think they are 3 in total Slam Dunk being the last one. Having the lead color is also probably a first since then.

So, I may be the only one to find that the number of characters in WT is one of its main strength. They were handled very well in the invasion arc IMO.
    As for its fate, I don't see any reason to worry. Call me too optimistic if you want.

It's great that MHA is a success. Seeing so many "successful" manga in the line-up from mangaka who had their previous works axed early gives me a lot of faith in the way of WSJ works.

As for Naruto, it was a good ending IMO (I'm guessing what happened to the other characters will be revealed in the short story).
    I never really loved the manga but it was a good enough entertainment for many years. I'll miss it.
    The messages by the other mangaka was really nice to read. I wonder if besides Oda, some others paid tribute in their chapters.
    I'll be looking forward to the short story and to read Kishimoto's next work. Meanwhile, I wish him a nice break.

Quote Originally Posted by fana View Post
    I wonder if besides Oda, some others paid tribute in their chapters.

Well at the very least, Bleach certainly didn't (unless the entire chapter was symbolism)

But on the other hand Oda and Kishimoto are good friends iirc, so that was probably a nice touch between the two of them

Slam Dunk in fact had a Last Chapter Cover page: https://flic.kr/p/fepoZj

I remember hearing that Ring ni Kakero, Dr. Slump, Dragon Ball and Slam Dunk received a color last chapter(I don't know if it was all chapter color, cover page, lead color, color page, all of the above or if just a subset of the above).
    By looking at the covers at the time of their endings, only Slam Dunk really had a cover. So the color last chapter isn't about cover at least.

Ring ni Kakero ending issue of the magazine had a cover with the 4 more popular titles of the time(Except itself of course); Kimengumi, Dr.Slump, Kinnikuman and Kochikame: https://flic.kr/p/fekUPJ
    Dr. Slump with an anime announcement of the series Yoroshiku Mechadock: https://flic.kr/p/femWnU
    Dragon Ball with a cover of BOY: https://flic.kr/p/fepbCY

Also looked into Yu Yu Hakusho, Rurouni Kenshin(Samurai X) and Death Note, but none of them had it.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information