+ Reply to Thread
Page 475 of 844 FirstFirst ... 375 425 465 473 474 475 476 477 485 525 575 ... LastLast
Results 9,481 to 9,500 of 16862

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: General Shueisha TOC and News

Pretty much. I just hope it has a good budget. And keep it away from Toei, they already have World Trigger.

I had an epiphany about Sporting Salt - I discovered the extremely subtle flaw that drives me crazy about it, much more than the bad characters and minimalistic art.

It's that for a series about medical knowledge, that had prominent early chapters about proper posture and using it to unlock your true potential...the majority of panels are drawn at weird and stupid angles that make the characters look like they're all leaning over like crazy Michael Jacksons

OH! That's what Sporting Salt is? I remember reading the oneshot last year and panning it because the anatomy was really fucked up for a manga about sports medicine.

Shounen Jump Issue 49:
    Shokugeki no Souma (Cover, Lead CP)
    Naruto
    Haikyuu!! (CP)
    Ansatsu Kyoushitsu
    Boku no Hero Academia
    Nisekoi
    Toriko
    Hinomaru Zumou
    Gintama
    Musume-iri Bako (CP, One Shot)
    Saiki Kusuo no Sainan
    Hi-Fi Cluster
    World Trigger
    Judos
    Bleach
    Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kouen-mae Hashutsujo
    Sporting Salt
    Isobe Isobee Monogatari
    Yoakemono
    Mitsukubi Condor (End)

One Piece (Absent)

Shounen Jump Issue 50:
    Cover: Ansatsu Kyoshitsu
    Lead CP: Naruto
    CP: Naruto (All Color), Ansatsu Kyoushitsu, Garden (One Shot by Kimura Yuuji)

Next week will be glorious.

Kimura Yuji drew Peach Pluck earlier in the year. Really enjoyed that oneshot. This guy has talent.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBuzzcocks View Post
    Kimura Yuji drew Peach Pluck earlier in the year. Really enjoyed that oneshot. This guy has talent.
    If he has talent, then Peach Pluck should have become series, not releasing another one shot.

Some Sorta Bumhead, Surely Maxy B's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizou 10 View Post
    If he has talent, then Peach Pluck should have become series, not releasing another one shot.
    You can have talent and not have one-shots become serials. I'm not saying Peach Pluck was good (never read it), but the logic is flawed. You get great one-shot work from creators like Teppei Fukushima, who's a phenomenal talent for Shueisha, but has still somehow only ever had one serial (depending how you look at his Miracle Jump work, of course).

That and you can be talented and make bad work. If Peach Pluck were poor, or just poorly received, but the guy showed craft, then there'd be all the reason for them to do *another* one-shot. That's perfectly reasonable.

It looks like Nisio Isin is planning to release several one shots in several magazines in Shueisha for a while. And here are the line-up:

1. Musume-iri Bako (illustrated by Akatsuki Akira (illustrator of Medaka Box)) = going to release in Issue 49 of Shounen Jump
    2. RKD-EK9 (illustrated by Obata Takeshi (illustrator of Hikaru no Go, Death Note, Bakuman)) = going to release in December Issue of Jump SQ.
    3. 「Nanimade Nara Koroseru?」 (illustrated by Ikeda Akihisa (author of Rosario to Vampire)) = going to release in December Issue of Jump SQ.
    4. Hunger Strike! (illustrated by Fukushima Teppei (author of Samurai Usagi)) = going to release in Issue 1 of Young Jump
    5. Koi Aru Dougu-ya (illustrated by Yamakawa Aiji (author of Stand Up!)) = going to release in January Issue of Bessatsu Margaret
    6. Offside wo Oshiete (illustrated by Nakayama Atsushi (author of Nejimaki Kagyuu)) = going to release in Issue 3 of Shounen Jump
    7. Bokura wa Zatsu ni wa Manabanai (illustrated by Kawashita Mizuki (author of Ichigo 100% and illustrator of Te to Kuchi)) = going to release in Shounen Jump on January of 2015
    8. Doushitemi Kanaetai Tatta Hitotsu no Negai to Warito Soudemonai 99 no Negai (illustrated by Nakamura Hikaru (author of Saint Oniisan, Arakawa Under the Bridge)) = going to release in Young Jump on January of 2015
    9. Tomodachi Inai Doumei (illustrated by Kindaichi Renjuurou (author of Liar X Liar)) = going to release in Jump SQ. on February of 2015

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-months/.80459
    Last edited by Kaizou 10; October 29th, 2014 at 12:58 PM.

SPEAK OF THE TEPPEI AND LO HE WILL COME. Guess I'm buying at least one issue of Young Jump again soon. Also that is an unbearably amazing pool of artists Nisio gets to work with right there.

This Week's Jump Comic Sales:

05. Jojolion #8 (123,728 / 280,565)
    34. Haikyuu!! #13 (34,571 / 668,450)
    35. Ansatsu Kyoushitsu #11 (34,170 / 537,797)
    37. Kuroko no Basket #29 (31,278 / 544,221)

Shipmate

Hunger Strike! (illustrated by Fukushima Teppei (author of Samurai Usagi)) = going to release in Issue 1 of Young Jump
    Yes.

Doushitemi Kanaetai Tatta Hitotsu no Negai to Warito Soudemonai 99 no Negai (illustrated by Nakamura Hikaru (author of Saint Oniisan, Arakawa Under the Bridge)) = going to release in Young Jump on January of 2015
    Oh yes.

Offside wo Oshiete (illustrated by Nakayama Atsushi (author of Nejimaki Kagyuu)) = going to release in Issue 3 of Shounen Jump
    Oh god yes.

Nisioisin sure doesn't know what to do with his free time with Zokuowarimonogatari out. Not that I complain.

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

Since he doesn't have to draw himself, outside of just writing and maybe really rough layout sketches, it is easier for him to do so many one shots I guess.^^

Who else read Samurai Usagi? It finally got scanlated last year or so.

It wasn't great by any means, and kind of had a dumb ending, but it was cute. I have a warm feeling towards it, because it started running in Jump while I was in Japan for the first time. So reading it always reminds me of back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Bad_Lith View Post
    Who else read Samurai Usagi? It finally got scanlated last year or so.

It wasn't great by any means, and kind of had a dumb ending, but it was cute. I have a warm feeling towards it, because it started running in Jump while I was in Japan for the first time. So reading it always reminds me of back then.
    It's actually one of my all-time favourite series in Jump, though... It is despite itself, really. It wasn't perfect, but it saw Teppei grow a crazy amount as a creator, and made me pay attention to all his work. That and it was sweet as anything and unflinching all at once.

There's a ton of one shots Im excited about. I really wonder if Garden is building off the concepts of Peach Pluck, much like Ashihara fiddled around with several oneshots that dealt with the eventual World Trigger serial when he found his footing. Besides all these, I want to see what the HSDK mangaka has up his sleeve in Sunday.

And AI just want to see the new batch of serializations already!

It is announced that upcoming TV animation for Kekkai Sensen will be created by BONES. Also, the staff for its animation is announced as well.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...nveiled/.80492

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizou 10 View Post
    It is announced that upcoming TV animation for Kekkai Sensen will be created by BONES. Also, the staff for its animation is announced as well.
    Hm, does anyone know if the manga's worth a read? That premise sounds like something I'd enjoy, and that director's got some good stuff on her resume.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Quote Originally Posted by Crossword View Post
    Hm, does anyone know if the manga's worth a read? That premise sounds like something I'd enjoy, and that director's got some good stuff on her resume.
    It's great. Dark Horse did a good job on the english release as well, so it's well worth a punt.

Kono Oto Tomare! Volume 7

γ -Gamma- Volume 5 (Final)

Nightmare Funk Volume 1

Cherry Teacher Sakura Naoki Volume 1

Captain Tsubasa Rising Sun Volume 2

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information