+ Reply to Thread
Page 455 of 844 FirstFirst ... 355 405 445 453 454 455 456 457 465 505 555 ... LastLast
Results 9,081 to 9,100 of 16864

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Default Re: General Shueisa TOC and News

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizou 10 View Post
    Doing good so far.
    It better be. That first chapter was awesome.

Did I miss why Stealth Symphony is getting a third volume?

Quote Originally Posted by gordanham View Post
    Did I miss why Stealth Symphony is getting a third volume?
    Because it had enough amount to fill three volumes.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Published order is largely decided by rankings yes, but editorial decision and faith has a hand as well.

If Naruto truly IS ending in another 9 chapters or so at 700, its rank doesn't matter and they might now be pushing other series up to try and help them get noticed and help people get used to Naruto not being in the front... (similar to when color page chapters automatically get the top spot even if they're really ranked like 15th) but I imagine they'll let it go out strong regardless of whatever its actual rank is.

The publishing order is a neat thing. Its like their built in excuse of "Hey, its obvious why we cancelled this thing, sorry if you liked it."
    I can just see the readers opening up their magazines and anxiously flipping through the pages. "where's naruto" they cry, "I need that ninja in the first 50 pages of my magazine". Most give up after 100 pages, figuring all is lost. They drop the book immediately, letting it lie in the streets. Soon the streets of Tokyo overflow with discarded copies of Shonen Jump. occasionally a crack-head scampers past, checking the ToC in each volume to see if HxH is back from hiatus.

A detailed study is carried out, and the results are shocking - apparently 90% of Japanese readers only read as far in the mag as Naruto. Of course, they all expect to see One Piece first or second, and 74% of readers reported breaking out into cold sweats when OP places lower. and in cases where there is no One Piece chapter, extreme confusion was displayed. "I didn't know what magazine I was reading. I thought maybe I'd picked up a copy of Sports Illustrated by mistake" said one man. Furthermore, a shocking 42% of readers identified Shokegeki no Soma as "a kind of fish", and over 80% thought that Saikou Kuusou no Sainan was "that other series by the OPM guy, you know, Miura."

Also, essentially no-one in the Tokyo Metropolitan area has read Bleach in over a year. Even among the editors at WSJ, 3 out of 5 editors "honestly forgot we had that one in there." Attempts to contact the so-called writer of Bleach, Eiichiro Oda, have so far been unsuccessful.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Bad_Lith View Post
    Attempts to contact the so-called writer of Bleach, Eiichiro Oda, have so far been unsuccessful.
    IF that part is an intentional joke, it's awful.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

CORRECTIONS: We apologize for an inaccuracy in the previous article. The people responsible for the inaccuracy have been sacked. The author of Bleach is "Hideo Kojima", not "Eiichiro Oda" as was previously mis-reported. Again, we apologize for any confusion.

The new Terra Formars spin-off series, called Terra Formars Gaiden Rain Hard, going to serialize on November Issue of Ultra Jump.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...f-manga/.78464

That's good news, he
    Spoiler:
    died way too early in the main series and it was an anticlimactic death to boot.
    Interesting character design and he had a little bit of depth to be interesting.

3DS Friend Code 1693-2056-2994

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

In a couple years the manga industry will turn into the american super hero comics industry, where every popular title has at least 10 different spin offs, lol.

You just know they want to have like 8 OP spinoffs. You know they want it.

Shame for them Oda has a cohesive story with actual continuity and payoff, and wouldn't lend itself well to side folks playing with it.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    You just know they want to have like 8 OP spinoffs. You know they want it.

Shame for them Oda has a cohesive story with actual continuity and payoff, and wouldn't lend itself well to side folks playing with it.
    They could still do alternative worlds!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigivel View Post
    They could still do alternative worlds!
    Like the hilarious chopper man spinoff.

Do you want pecker bamboo?
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

From what I can tell, it seems like they're already doing plenty of that with Attack on Titan. Not to bring the thread off topic.

Jump SQ. October Issue Color Pages:
    Owari no Seraph

7th Garden

Photogenic! (SQ. Next Cup Entry #3)

Shinai Naru Koroshiya-sama

Te to Kuchi

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Amano Akira (author of Reborn!) draw the promotional image for Jump's upcoming new project (last week was by Araki Hirohiko).

Shipmate

Weekly Shonen Jump #41

Juudozou:

Hinomaru Zumou:

Boku no Hero Academia:

I love the superhero comic vibe Horikoshi is chanelling with his colour page. And those credits, man.

Judos, on the other hand, is awful and hopefully will get its life choked out of it by Hinomaru Zumou.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblade View Post
    Juudozou
    The title is Juudouzu.

Some Sorta Bumhead, Surely Maxy B's Avatar

I'm not fussed about Judos either way. Like it's just there to distract from how great the other two colour pages are. Hinomaru never stops pleasing, and... Well, even My Hero can do good stuff now and then.
    Last edited by Maxy B; September 8th, 2014 at 09:31 AM.

After reading the first chapter, Judos is better than I expected with the exception of the humor.
    I don't see it succeeding but you never know.
    As for Zumou, I really would love if a translator decides to pick it up. It's a shame Viz Jump Start didn't began a few months ago. IMO a lot of the most beautiful spreads from wsj this year came from this manga (the one from chapter 15 is stunning). I'm having a hard time believing that the mangaka is a rookie.

Quote Originally Posted by fana View Post
    I'm having a hard time believing that the mangaka is a rookie.
    Well, he is rookie, but he did release many one shots before, like he even released three one shots in Weekly Morning and Morning 2 (from Kodansha) as well; he has been working as mangaka for very long time before Hinomaru started.
    Last edited by Kaizou 10; September 8th, 2014 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizou 10 View Post
    Well, he is rookie, but he did release many one shots before, like he even released three one shots in Weekly Morning and Morning 2 (from Kodansha) as well; he has been working as mangaka for very long time before Hinomaru started.
    Thanks for the info (I couldn't find anything while searching for what he did before). Well, we can definitely see that experience in his art.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information