+ Reply to Thread
Page 454 of 844 FirstFirst ... 354 404 444 452 453 454 455 456 464 504 554 ... LastLast
Results 9,061 to 9,080 of 16863

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: General Shueisa TOC and News

In all seriousness though, I hope that Togashi does get better. Nothing wrong with a hiatus in this case at all.

One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord

Lurking since 2007... Nidhoeggr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy 9000 View Post
    In all seriousness though, I hope that Togashi does get better. Nothing wrong with a hiatus in this case at all.
    16 characters of absolute agreement.
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. - Sun Tzu, The Art Of War

Quote Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
    Also if that is the first ranking of Mitsukubi Condor then that's a death sentence.
    Condor sentenced itself to death from the very first chapter. It's truly terrible.

Lurking since 2007... Nidhoeggr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stephen View Post
    Condor sentenced itself to death from the very first chapter. It's truly terrible.
    Stephen, do you know if the Us version of Jump has any intention of forwarding us this new project they currently hype up in the Japanese version with Araki's art?
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. - Sun Tzu, The Art Of War

Hopefully its something more like October and less like... 2016.

An no, I'm not reopening the HxH thread. Don't need weeks of the same dumb joke repeated endlessly. Maybe I'll reopen it for the final anime episode if the manga's not back by then.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

I subscribed to WSJ for the good translation of HxH... Oh well, I'll be in front row for the ending of naruto.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by fana View Post
    The first chapter of Q (Ultra Jump) was translated by Substitute. I loved it.
    Yessss. Glad someone picked it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Hopefully its something more like October and less like... 2016.

An no, I'm not reopening the HxH thread. Don't need weeks of the same dumb joke repeated endlessly. Maybe I'll reopen it for the final anime episode if the manga's not back by then.
    Soooo....what about the bet?

There was no bet. There was a friendly guess that was retroactively turned into a bet without half the thread's consent.

And in theory this hiatus should be extremely short term rather than a long multi year thing so there's nothing to "celebrate"?. (And if you count this, why not his schedule break a couple weeks back?)

This dickery joking around about the man being sick is why the damn thread is closed in the first place because we really don't need three weeks of people being asshats about him having surgery.

(And certainly don't need it done endlessly for months if the hiatus is any longer, we've had two years of that nonsense.)
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Some Sorta Bumhead, Surely Maxy B's Avatar

Togashi was putting out some pretty strong work artistically, so it's not like he half-assed himself before this hiatus, so I think it's more than earned that he can actually, you know, deal with a confirmed physical issue, and then continue putting out work of that quality and such.

Likely with assistants, but yes, that was easily his strongest art in a long time.

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

In a long time or ever? Can't remember seeing such detailed backgrounds that were in the last couple of chapters ever before. Maybe I just forgot. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizou 10 View Post
    Shounen Jump Issue 41:
    Juudouzu (Cover, Lead CP, New Series)
    Ansatsu Kyoushitsu
    One Piece
    Hinomaru Zumou (CP)
    Toriko
    Haikyuu!!
    World Trigger
    Shokugeki no Souma
    Nisekoi
    Boku no Hero Academia (CP)
    Saiki Kusuo no Sainan
    Naruto
    Isobe Isobee Monogatari
    Gintama
    Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kouen-mae Hashutsujo
    Yoakemono
    Bleach
    Shounen Nandeyanen (One Shot)
    Mitsukubi Condor
    Illegal Rare (End)

Hunter X Hunter (Absent)

Shounen Jump Issue 42:
    Cover, Lead CP: Hi-Fi Cluster (New Series)
    CP: Isobe Isobee Monogatari, Hinomaru Zumou, Juudouzu
    that's a crazily low ranking for naruto, christ.

I mean, deserved, but I'm used to that thing getting top 3 month after month.

Maybe it's a sign of the end times and that Naruto is finally ending

Or they miscounted the votes by a lot

Quote Originally Posted by MajinArekkusu View Post
    In a long time or ever? Can't remember seeing such detailed backgrounds that were in the last couple of chapters ever before. Maybe I just forgot. xD
    The tanks have had pretty good backgrounds. But this level of consistency and ziptone, with backgrounds in *every* panel* is beyond him on the weekly schedule... or at least has been for at least 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Bad_Lith View Post
    that's a crazily low ranking for naruto, christ.

I mean, deserved, but I'm used to that thing getting top 3 month after month.
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Hermit View Post
    Maybe it's a sign of the end times and that Naruto is finally ending

Or they miscounted the votes by a lot
    Published order is largely decided by rankings yes, but editorial decision and faith has a hand as well.

If Naruto truly IS ending in another 9 chapters or so at 700, its rank doesn't matter and they might now be pushing other series up to try and help them get noticed and help people get used to Naruto not being in the front... (similar to when color page chapters automatically get the top spot even if they're really ranked like 15th) but I imagine they'll let it go out strong regardless of whatever its actual rank is.

The publishing order is a neat thing. Its like their built in excuse of "Hey, its obvious why we cancelled this thing, sorry if you liked it."

In the sea of blarrrrrgh SakugaSaga's Avatar

How's Boku no Hero Academia doing so far? It's Horikoshi's 3rd serialized work in JUMP and my fingers are crossed in hoping that it's better than Bulge and that it'll survive for at least a year.

"Whaddya mean we're all out of fish 'n chips?!"

Quote Originally Posted by SakugaSaga View Post
    How's Boku no Hero Academia doing so far? It's Horikoshi's 3rd serialized work in JUMP and my fingers are crossed in hoping that it's better than Bulge and that it'll survive for at least a year.
    Doing good so far.

Wait, Boku no Hero is from the same guy who made Zoo and Bulge? And its getting better than both of they?

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Wait, Boku no Hero is from the same guy who made Zoo and Bulge? And its getting better than both of they?
    Well, so far, it is getting far better reception than Zoo and Bulge.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information