+ Reply to Thread
Page 447 of 843 FirstFirst ... 347 397 437 445 446 447 448 449 457 497 547 ... LastLast
Results 8,921 to 8,940 of 16860

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: General Shueisa TOC and News

Here's my thoughts on some possible "big Jump series" that might be possible candidates.

One Piece- Yes, I know it sounds ridiculous to have the most popular manga in the entire world randomly end, but Oda has been having a lot of health problems lately, and the same thing has happened to the series of mangaka with ailing health before so it's not totally out of the realm of possibility.

AssClass- It's definitely popular enough now to be considered major being arguably the number 2 series in the magazine right now next to One Piece in ToC rankings. The interesting thing though is Matsui said that no matter how popular the series got he would end the series at this place he originally planned to end it at. With the current chapters seeming very second to last final boss esque right now. The problem is, it would need more than just a few chapters to wrap up right so I would hope it's not this. Stephen did say "abrupt" though.

Gintama- As was said on MH, they're in a confrontation with the final boss, and it would be like Sorachi to fuck with the readers by randomly ending the series.

Hunter x Hunter- As much as I dread this possibility (I almost had a panic attack about 10 minutes ago thinking about it and it almost ruined my high) it's possible that Togashi just can't handle serialization anymore and end the series. Perhaps by having the entire cast of the series go to the dark continent and get fodderized immediately.

Kochikame- The most likely choice. The dude is old as fuck and the series has been running for forever. It isn't very popular anymore, and Jump might want to have that spot open for new series. Especially with how competitive Jump is right now.

Nisekoi- Romance series are easy to wrap up, the series has had a slight drop in popularity as well. I don't think this is a high chance of happening, but I still thought I'd mention it.

Toriko- Shimabukuro probably got caught fucking child prostitutes again.

Guess I'll give my two cents on the matter:

One Piece - I really really hope not. Of course, the only reason this would be the case is if Oda is having some serious health issues that would force him to stop

Naruto - I guess Kishi could surprise us and wrap this all up in the next few chapters, but I'm betting it still has a few months left.

Bleach - Well, I guess the Jump editors could pull another Shaman King on us.

Hunter x Hunter - There are so many factors involved here it's pretty much a crapshoot. But I'm betting on it staying since Togashi is like a lingering dick-ish case of the hiccups.

Kochikame - As Robby said, you'd think they'd want to hold till the 40th anniversary and/or 200th volume, but I guess it's still possible

AssClass/Gintama/Toriko/Kuroko/etc - Haven't read/kept up with the rest of the big series so I don't where they are in their respective stories. It'll probably be one of these.

Quote Originally Posted by Rica_Patin View Post
    Kochikame- The most likely choice. The dude is old as fuck and the series has been running for forever. It isn't very popular anymore, and Jump might want to have that spot open for new series. Especially with how competitive Jump is right now.
    The series is extremely popular. Just no one votes for it in the polls because its freaking Kochikame and its been running 38 years. It's not going anywhere, the votes don't matter.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Rica_Patin View Post
    Here's my thoughts on some possible "big Jump series" that might be possible candidates.

One Piece- Yes, I know it sounds ridiculous to have the most popular manga in the entire world randomly end, but Oda has been having a lot of health problems lately, and the same thing has happened to the series of mangaka with ailing health before so it's not totally out of the realm of possibility.
    Oda would never let that happen though,he's too hard a worker.

as for hunter: well,it is what is,if he cant handle at his age,then he should end it. Though out of pure selfishness i would hope he wouldn't,but his health is more important in the end.

Gintama:the author is infamous for his trolling (in series of course) so i guess its not impossible.

The one of three upcoming new series is confirmed, it is called Juudouzu (released two chapters in Jump Live), by Kondou Shinsuke (author of Retsu!! Date Senpai).

Also, there is a rumor that other two new series going to Hi-Fi Cluster (by Gotou Ippei) and Sporting Salt (by Kubota Yuuto).

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Here is some casts for upcoming Ansatsu Kyoushitsu live-adaptation movie. Also, Yamada Ryousuke (idol singer/actor; currently playing Kindaichi Hajime on Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo live-adaptation drama) going to portray Nagisa. Plus, the movie going to release on upcoming March.

"Shitty Bleach... not just a clever name"

man I wish they cut the Date-senpai guy loose, that series was hot garbage

"Oh man, the guy who made Date-Senpai? I can't wait to read his next work!"

-Said no one ever

So it's Kuroko no basket that's having its final chapter this week?

3DS Friend Code: 3196 - 6799 - 6143

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrano View Post
    So it's Kuroko no basket that's having its final chapter this week?
    Where did you get that from ?

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverOcelot View Post
    Where did you get that from ?
    Mangabird..
    http://www.mangabird.com/kuroko-no-basket-275

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Hermit View Post
    "Oh man, the guy who made Date-Senpai? I can't wait to read his next work!"

-Said no one ever
    Was Date-Senpai that bad?

Was Date-Senpai that bad?
    No, it was worse.

It's strange how there was no news of it or at least i didn't hear about it at all . It could be fake .

It's strange how there was no news of it or at least i didn't hear about it at all .

This news could be fake .
    Yeah, it's not the most trust-worthy source but we shall find out in a few hours to confirm.
    I have nothing on this series so I kinda wish this is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Hermit View Post
    No, it was worse.
    Phew that saved me from reading a shitty shonen manga .

Yeah, it's not the most trust-worthy source but we shall find out in a few hours to confirm.
    I have nothing on this series so I kinda wish this is true.

Phew that saved me from reading a shitty shonen manga .

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/84/84e7...406852a5c7.jpg
    LOL, yeah in my Korean forum there are quite a fandom over the doujins.

LOL, yeah in my Korean forum there are quite a fandom over the doujins.
    Pretty sure more than 75% of Kuroko No Basket fanbase is full of fangirls .

So... I think it's now confirmed. Kuroko is finished!

What an abrupt end to one of Jump's big titles! It's as if the guy we have that's in the business was telling us this knew that this was coming and told us earlier!

The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    I would say Hunter X Hunter but you said a series you wouldn't expect. And other than Assassination Classroom, I dunno if there's any other big series right now. Unless...is it Kuroko no Basket? Obviously hypothetical though you wouldn't reply anyways.
    Cool. Guessed correctly, though I guess it shouldn't count since I put a question mark instead of a period. Future advice, always be assertive with you answers.

Unless mangabird is completely wrong, which could easily be the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing
    Stay focused, cause right now you have a decision to make. Are you a man perpetually looking back at what hes lost, or a man looking forward, to what he might become?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information